frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Crisis of democracy in the U.S.

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• jackjack 484 Pts   -   edited July 2023
    Dreamer said:

There is a world of difference between information and misinformation for me. Don't you agree that disinformation is harmful to society?

Hello Dreamer:

Certainly..  However, once we effect my plan, as the intelligence level of our nation INCREASES, stu*pidity DECREASES.  Do I have evidence for that?  Nahh.

excon
  • blueskybluesky 46 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87 ;  It is often said that the U.S. is a melting pot of different races and the land of immigrants. 
    After the World War Second equal right for education contributed to creating dynamism of American economy and society. So, I believe that promoting equal right for education is urgently required to strengthen industrial and economic power in global competition. However, unfortunately discrimination in the higher academic institution is being conducted. This is a burden for building democratic country.
     Farhad Manjoo argues that ``Asian Americans scored better than other groups on academic and extracurricular measures, but Harvard`s admissions officers consistently gave Asians  lower `personal` ratings than members of other groups.`` (` America isn`t just black and white`, The New York Times International Edition, July 8-9, 2023.)   

John_C_87
  • @bluesky
    Are equal rights a democratic issue there is no suich thing as united state democratic rights. It is also unclear to me if we are addressing issues of descrimination or legal prejudice in legislation of law.
  • jackjack 484 Pts   -  

Hello b:

Whaddya do if you want everybody to have a rubber duckie, but you don't have enough to go around??  Well, you can either make more, or you can try to do the impossible by spreading the remaining rubber duckies around democratically.

That ain't never gonna happen..  Somebody, somewhere will be discriminated against. 

I'm simply suggesting we make MORE rubber duckies, (education), so that anybody who wants one can have one..

To me that's NOT a problem with democracy.  It's a distribution problem..

excon
  • BoganBogan 453 Pts   -  
    Well, it looks like Hunter is headed for jail?     Joe is next, although one suspects that all those establishment forces now protecting Joe from prosecution by evidence tampering, slow walking investigations, and ignoring blatant criminal behaviour, will say that Joe is just too senile to prosecute.     You could almost feel sorry for Joe, until you remember that this horrible person, who dim wits like Jack elected into power, not only sold out his country, he colluded with the Democratic party to put an innocent man in jail.

This is the story of the century, and it is in fact three stories rolled into one.    The first is, the incredible corruption of the Biden family.  The second, the determination of the instruments of power, who's job it was to prosecute him, to be his protector.    The third, the three monkey approach of the legacy press, who continue to look the other way and pretend that the scandal is just not happening.
  • jackjack 484 Pts   -  
    Bogan said:

The third, the three monkey approach of the legacy press, who continue to look the other way and pretend that the scandal is just not happening.
    Hello B:

Trump is facing real charges that can result in real steel bars..  Given that reality, seems as though you're the one who's pretending nothing is happening.

excon