frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

You CANNOT be saved without water baptism in Jesus Name! Prove me Wrong!

Debate Information

Yup, I said it as I meant it. One cannot be saved (enter into Heaven) without being baptized in water, in the Name of Jesus Christ. If you feel differently, please attempt to prove me wrong using biblical evidence. to prove otherwise. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    This is fairly easy to debunk.  The Jesus only or oneness tradition is mistaken on how the early Christians baptized and how they did it.  However, the Didache, the Teaching of the Apostles - was written in the late first century or early second and provides us specific details on how the apostles taught people to be baptized..  It is a 'how to manual' for several religious practices.  If one had to be baptized using the specific language 'in Jesus name' or it was not valid, then the apostles did not know it and did not mention it.  Instead Didache 7:1-4 reads 

Concerning baptism, you should baptize this way: After first explaining all things, baptize in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, in flowing water. 7:2 But if you have no running water, baptize in other water; and if you cannot do so in cold water, then in warm. 7:3 If you have very little, pour water three times on the head in the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit. 7:4 Before the baptism, both the baptizer and the candidate for baptism, plus any others who can, should fast. The candidate should fast for one or two days beforehand

If being baptized in Jesus name was so essential, it seems odd it was omitted in the baptism instructions.  

Further, baptism was not essential for people to be saved.  Jesus told the repentant thief on the cross hanging beside him, that he would be with him in paradise on that day.  The man had not had time to be baptized, yet, Jesus seemed assured of the man's eternal destiny.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Nonsense

@BrendanVillanueva
    The best way to live a good life is to be kind to others and to try to make the world a better place. It is not necessary to be baptized in order to achieve this goal.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @BrendanVillanueva ; please attempt to prove me wrong using biblical evidence. to prove otherwise. 

I reckon respectfully your got to learn a few things about debating because its just not the thing to do to use pre determined crap like attempt and contradictions and dum narrow conditions such as biblical evidence. Because a lot of debaters might say where does this dufis get off any way. Any way your not even going get to 1st base before you get totally analyated. 

One cannot be saved (enter into Heaven)

And thats the totally dummest most vile cruel and offensive concept ever invented so why bother offending every one with that crap any way. Any way if your going to persist on that one your going to get totally analyated on a totally new higher level . Lets see then.

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  

And thats the totally dummest most vile cruel and offensive concept ever invented 

It is spelt "Dumbest", you dumbarse.   
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -   edited October 2023
    @Bogan ;It is spelt "Dumbest", you dumbarse.   

dumbest schmumbest who cares because I care about the issues and I think that airo heads have to stop and listen to the crap that they chunder lol :) up at others especially kids.  

What are they actually saying is the question because when you stop to analize it it is totally vulger doom threats. So you get these preachers who tell kids that if they dont repeat to God then there going to go to hell and get roasted all day like a shrimp on the Barbie lol :) for all eternity. Those kids must be totally scarred of there brains and also scarred for life just because those lowsy bottoms get a trip off manipulating and controlling others with violence and abuse.