frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should we stop killing flies?

Debate Information

I'm wondering what anyone thinks about this.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Argument Topic: Yes we should.

We need to stop killing flies because they can help pollinate flowers. Also, if you're using fly spray, just think about all of the harmful chemicals you're putting into the environment. You could exacerbate climate change.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -   edited October 2023
    @theinfectedmaster ;We need to stop killing flies because they can help pollinate flowers.

When you analize it in the end it all comes down to one thing and I reckon that your not seeing the woods for the tree.

Sure we can stop killing all these insects and I for 1 have stopped chasing ants a round with my magnerfying glass then zooming out to concentrate the sun until they go up in smoke. I admit that that was a totally dum thing to do when I was a kid.

So look at it this way. What are you doing by saving all these insects that pollinate flowers? Because all your doing is being sell fish because you want to go a round and kill flowers right?

What Im saying is is that that is what the pecking order is all about. You want to save all the living things in the chain below flowers so that you can go killing heaps of flowers.

I'm the same because in my business we knock off thousands of chickens right. So we have to go one step up the chain and save not only all the insects but we have to save the flowers and plants that make corn and grit to feed the chickens. So there for we should be come flower liberationalists and go banging on your door and tell you to stop being inhumain to flowers by killing them then morbidly steer at them in your lounge room all day.

So next thing you know you might think that were going to start getting alligator farmers banging down our doors. But no because when you think about it what were doing is encouraging breading of the species so that there are plenty of chickens for every one including alligator farmers and KFC.

So there fore in the end the anus is on you to stop going round killing things just to get the satisfaction of looking at them when there dead or slowly drowning . Like really. Whens all this mass killing going to stop?

theinfectedmaster
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    look at the whole picture. flies and mosquitoes carry a variety of diseases. Some may reply that they are important for earths ecosystem; however with the absence of flies, something else would simply replace them. Yes we should strive to eliminate them in cities and towns. That does not mean they would not still survive for we would not go into the hills and wilderness to seek them out.  @Barnardot
    theinfectedmaster
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6058 Pts   -   edited November 2023
    It has been estimated that, on average, on Earth there are 17 million flies per human being. Now, suppose that you have a very good lifespan of 100 years, and suppose from ages of 10 to 90 you engage in activities that kill flies. Average lifespan of a fly is about a month, so throughout the 80 years of your activities you will get to face 277 billion flies... There is nothing you can humanely do to even kill a tiny fraction of that population. Add to that the fact that flies have extreme population stability and correct for extermination activities... And add to that the fact that there are over 8 billion humans on planet Earth, each facing their own unique horde of 277 billion flies...

If you think that flowers will be noticeably less pollinated because you and a few people who read this thread stopped killing the flies, then you cannot have thought a lot about this issue. You also have not considered that flies are some of the biggest killers in the world: blood-sucking flies have caused countless millions of humans and other animals to die of malaria and other diseases.

Honestly, as much as I welcome everyone on websites like this, you really should try to put a little bit more effort into your arguments. This is just... kindergarten.
  • @MayCaesar Horse flies aren't actually considered harmful to humans unlike mosquitoes.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6058 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

I never mentioned horse flies specifically, and they constitute a tiny fraction of all flies out there... That said, harmful or not, their bite is no joke. Please live in the area infested by them where you get bitten (quite painfully) a few times every day and have red spots all over your body for a couple of years, and then tell me that they should not be killed. ;)
  • @MayCaesar I've been bitten by them before, but that doesn't mean I think we should kill them for as they can pollinate flowers. I try to focus on the positive side of everything.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster ;I've been bitten by them before, but that doesn't mean I think we should kill them for as they can pollinate flowers.

Well your quiet right to think that and the same goes for me because where I work we knock off thousands of chickens. And if the chickens cant get there sun flower seeds then all the KFC stores wood close down and we wood have mess unemployment. And also all those rich bitshes walking a round the city wood not be able to have there Guchi alligator leather hand bags.

By the way did you know that chickens also have to eat grit which is not really food at all its like sand or crushed shells that you mix in with there food. And if you forget to put the grid in there feed guess what happens. Yes you guessed it the eggs come out with no shells on them and just a meme brain and man they look mighty strange.