frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should the government find ways to create more rainy days?

Debate Information

I was wondering what anyone thinks about this. I was reading that rain reduces air pollution.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Argument Topic: Yes. I think the government should.

Rain can help to reduce air pollution, which can help fight climate change, especially since climate change has caused ancient viruses from 50,000 years that can harm people to reactivate, however, I think the government should also require more city drains to drain out the pollution to be installed. The drain would also have substances to react with the air pollution to make it a less harmful substance, too.
  • DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Better to prevent the air pollution from getting in the air in the first place. Reduce fossil fuel usage. Create more renewable energy plants.

Wind and solar farms are they way to go in many areas. Others will benefit from geothermal. Renewables are the way to go. Nuclear maybe a viable temporary option but the question is too complicated for me with all the changing numbers as technology changes.

After that if air pollution is still a problem, why not? I figure we will learn something either way.
    theinfectedmaster
  • @Dreamer I don't think all types of renewable energy should be allowed though, like biomass shouldn't be allowed because it causes significant amounts of air pollution.
  • @Dreamer We should do this in addition to that until climate change gets fought.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster @Dreamer
    What your got to do is think out side the circle and navigate backwoods to the solution.
    So how do we get rain? From water evaporating from the seas thats how. And if we get more water evaporating from the seas then were going to get more rain right?
    So there for what we need to do is go back to big engines without the emission crap on them and use more airosole deodorants and get all the cows to fart a lot more and burn more coal and of course what happens then? Thats right. The ozone gets stuffed and we get global warming which will heat up the seas and make it rain more thus cleaning the atmosphear.
    So it will just go to show that we got it right all a long with global warming and we should all just leave well enough a lone.
    theinfectedmaster