frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Brevity: Lets put this to the test!

Debate Information

Some people around here are confused with what brevity (AKA being concise) means. For example some people are confusing this with being short, or using one-liners  among other things which is not the case at all. So, lets see how good you really are!

Rearrange 2 or more of the following sentences and paragraphs to demonstrate brevity: 

Sentences:
  1. The fact of the matter is that many people who are in positions of authority impose their own subjective views, which are based on their personal experiences, onto others without realizing it.
  2. For all intents and purposes, the committee's decision, which was arrived at after a lengthy discussion, seemed to be more of a temporary solution rather than a long-term resolution.
  3. It is important to note that, due to the reason that there were numerous unforeseen complications, the completion of the project has been delayed to a later date than originally planned.
  4. The young boy, who was not more than seven years old, showed a level of maturity and understanding that was seemingly beyond his years, much to the surprise of those around him.
  5. The study, which was conducted over a period of several years, points to the conclusion that there is a significant correlation between the amount of time spent on social media and levels of anxiety among teenagers.

Paragraph 1

"In the grand scheme of things, when one takes into consideration the broader perspective, it becomes evident that our approach to environmental conservation has been somewhat lackadaisical. The strategies employed thus far, while well-intentioned, seem to have been implemented in a manner that lacks a comprehensive understanding of the intricacies of ecological systems. The need for a more holistic and all-encompassing approach is not only desirable but, in fact, a necessity for the long-term sustainability of our planet."

Paragraph 2

"In the field of education, there has been a longstanding debate regarding the efficacy of traditional teaching methods versus more modern, innovative approaches. While it is certainly true that every student has their unique way of learning, it is often argued by some experts that conventional methods, which have been relied upon for many decades, are not necessarily conducive to fostering critical thinking and creativity among students. The integration of technology and interactive learning strategies could potentially revolutionize the way education is imparted, making it more engaging and effective for diverse learning styles."

Paragraph 3

"The financial report for the last quarter presented a picture that was quite complex and multifaceted. On one hand, there was a noticeable increase in revenue, largely attributed to the successful launch of the new product line. However, on the other hand, the profit margins did not see a proportional increase due to the higher costs associated with marketing and research and development. The implications of these financial outcomes are varied, but they underscore the need for a more balanced approach to managing expenses while driving growth."

The more you can correct, the better you are. Good luck: :)

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited November 2023
    @ZeusAres42

That's Bull Dung.

The people here practice law, they ask for proof and practice speaking and writing with the expectation that there is a presumption of innocence raising a question as a magic shield of protection. There is a confusion with being concise when the law states we must do all these things to be right as a democracy, we can't do one out of six things publicly and say we are right prove me wrong. We are wrong and it is the declaration of independence which separates the democracy which is poorly regulated from those who hold right. 

There is a legal game of charades going on in America. The American economy is not undergoing economical inflation it is a transfer of cost made between our GDP of civil lawsuits. The anxiety of youth is created as they are not equipped to see the benefits of passing off civil lawsuit payoffs as National debt. The idea is America must rase taxation in order to cover its debt and rising interests rates while it is in fact raising the amount of tax payments to make some not all payouts faster. This so in the event Bankruptcies and judicial appeals stop or alter payments promised by the juries awards are not totally lost over lengths of time.

• PhitePhite 94 Pts   -   edited November 2023

The fact of the matter is that many people who are in positions of authority impose their subjective views, which are based on their personal experiences, onto others without realizing it.

Many people in positions of authority unwittingly impose subjective views onto others.

For all intents and purposes, the committee's decision, which was arrived at after a lengthy discussion, seemed to be more of a temporary solution rather than a long-term resolution.

After a lengthy discussion, the committee's decision seemed more a temporary solution than a long-term resolution (although the first four words are not necessary to the conclusion).

It is important to note that, due to the reason that there were numerous unforeseen complications, the completion of the project has been delayed to a later date than originally planned.

The completion of the project will be delayed due to unforeseen complications.
    ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    Ignore this whole piece as we in authority are attempting to impose our personal views on you.
    ZeusAres42
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited November 2023
    Hello Z:

The Constitution is only 7 pages.  The Bill of Rights, including the Preamble, is a paltry 652 words.  Hell, Lincoln freed the slaves in 719 words..  Du-de!

Give me brevity, or give me death!

excon

ZeusAres42GiantManexcon
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @jack ;    Give me brevity, or give me death!

Briefly, this equates to saying that you are going to keep heckling instead of debating.    Okay, well you and Dee, and Piloteer, and Barnadot can heckle each other to your hearts content.    I judge you to be low IQ ignorant people who are not worth responding too.    I have given each of you chances previously to mend your evil ways but you blew it, every time.   

Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

I judge you to be low IQ ignorant people who are not worth responding too@Bogan

Yet you've mentioned us 9 times in the last 24 hours,  you're obsessed.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited November 2023
    Good ole Z , posts up a long winded debate topic little realising the flaws in it so decides to hit irrelevant when the flaws are pointed out ..........back to the drawing board

ZeusAres42
  • Bogan said:
    @jack ;    Give me brevity, or give me death!

Briefly, this equates to saying that you are going to keep heckling instead of debating.    Okay, well you and Dee, and Barnadot can heckle each other to your hearts content.    I judge you to be low IQ ignorant people who are not worth responding too.    I have given each of you chances previously to mend your evil ways but you blew it, every time.   

@ZeusAres4

A perfect match, Z a man who sets exceedingly low standards for himself and still fails to meet them.

Don't fret Z  Bogan the site racist and bigot loves ya .......get a room fellas. 
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited November 2023
    Phite said:

The fact of the matter is that many people who are in positions of authority impose their subjective views, which are based on their personal experiences, onto others without realizing it.

Many people in positions of authority unwittingly impose subjective views onto others.

For all intents and purposes, the committee's decision, which was arrived at after a lengthy discussion, seemed to be more of a temporary solution rather than a long-term resolution.

After a lengthy discussion, the committee's decision seemed more a temporary solution than a long-term resolution (although the first four words are not necessary to the conclusion).

It is important to note that, due to the reason that there were numerous unforeseen complications, the completion of the project has been delayed to a later date than originally planned.

The completion of the project will be delayed due to unforeseen complications.

@Phite

Congratulations. I give you 9/10 overall for all of these sentences. You demonstrate a good understanding of what this actually means. Now how about having a stab at the paragraphs? :) 

• @jack
    Hell, Lincoln freed the slaves in 719 words.
    No, he really didn't free the slaves. He made people slaves for a new reason only. Tell me that's not polotics.
    Thats no polotics, me.
    GiantMan
    "Funny thing about it is measured by how often you are right not how many crimes you do not understand."
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Are you still trying to bore people to death?
    ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    ZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Try writing an entire 350 word article starting with a clearly stated premise that you are prepared to defend with a reasoned argument.     Writing sneery one liners or simply submitting curt replies dealing entirely in implications is hardly going to impress anybody into thinking you have an opinion worth reading.    Neither is, just continually asking loaded Dorothy Dixer questions.     You may think that it makes you look authoritative, but it just makes you look like an ignorant person winging it to vainly defend a position he passionately holds, but has little knowledge of.

ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Bogan

ARGUMENT TOPIC : RABID RACIST BOGEND ALONG WITH FELLOW RACISIT @ZeusAres42 EXAMPLE OF A " REASONED ARGUMENT " FOR THEIR SHARED RACIST VIEWS........ WAY TO GO GUYS ....LOL

ZeusAres42
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited November 2023
    @Bogan

Please do not continue you beef here Dee or anyone else. There was another debate created for that exact reason. Use that thread. Thanks. This thread is about Brevity. This has nothing to do with your and Dees beef with each other. Thanks. 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Please do not continue you beef here Dee or anyone else. There was another debate created for that exact reason. Use that thread. Thanks. This thread is about Brevity. This has nothing to do with your and Dees beef with each other. Thanks. 

Ahh no , don't fall out with your fellow racist you two guys were getting on so well. You're one cowardly dog you have a problem with me and you try to incite a mob against me and now your whining after asking members to support you , what a petulant child you are.
  • @ZeusAres42

Please do not continue you beef here
    anyone else

Where's the beef.... 

How dare you use a word I have to look up and use it in your post it makes me feel like the art of learning and education is somehow cheapened by my participation.

@Dee

@ ZuesAres42 what a petulant child you are.

She is not a child, the young lady is a Presadera of the United States of America waiting to be ratified.
    By the way it is not a new word it was simply found chopped into pieces like a snake in the grass by a buntch of mad-women, women who thought a filing title could be sexist.
    ZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 ;    Please do not continue you beef here Dee or anyone else. There was another debate created for that exact reason. Use that thread. Thanks. This thread is about Brevity. This has nothing to do with your and Dees beef with each other. Thanks. 

What this topic is about, Mr ZA, is that quarter wit Jack/excon trying to justify his miserable performance which consists of  simply heckling instead of debating.    He is asking for his fellow hecklers, which include Dee, Barnadot, and Piloteer to support him against my declaration that they either start debating, or I will not engage with them.    These four are simply trolls and the sooner they bugger off the better for DI.    If everybody who possesses triple digit IQ' would just stop replying to their abusive, heckling  posts, then we might get DI back on track to being  a good debate site.     
    ZeusAres42
    @Bogan

ARGUMENT TOPIC: THE SITES BIGGEST HATER , BIGOT AND RACIST APPEARS TO BE FALLING OUT WITH HIS FELLOW RACIST ZEUS.........OH DEAR ......L

• PhitePhite 94 Pts   -   edited December 2023

Paragraph 1

"In the grand scheme of things, when one takes into consideration the broader perspective, it becomes evident that our approach to environmental conservation has been somewhat lackadaisical. The strategies employed thus far, while well-intentioned, seem to have been implemented in a manner that lacks a comprehensive understanding of the intricacies of ecological systems. The need for a more holistic and all-encompassing approach is not only desirable but, in fact, a necessity for the long-term sustainability of our planet."

In the grand scheme of things, our approach to environmental conservation lacks a comprehensive understanding of Eco-system intricacies.  A more holistic approach to sustainability is necessary.