frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What Is The Ultimate Purpose Of Debate?

Debate Information

Virtual Parliamentary Debate Prep  Events  San Jos Public Library

The following was produced by a combination of work by a chatbot and me:

Ultimately, the purpose of debate extends beyond simply winning or losing. It is a powerful tool for seeking truth, developing critical thinking skills, promoting civil discourse, and fostering intellectual growth and development.

1. Reaching Truth:

• At its core, debate is about seeking truth and understanding through the exchange of ideas and critical analysis of opposing arguments.
  • By exploring different perspectives, challenging assumptions, and uncovering biases, debate can help us to arrive at more informed and well-reasoned conclusions.

2. Developing Critical Thinking Skills:

• The process of debating requires participants to engage in critical thinking, analyzing information, identifying logical fallacies, and constructing strong arguments.
  • These skills are essential for navigating the complexities of the world around us and making well-informed decisions.

3. Fostering Persuasive Communication:

• Debate teaches individuals to articulate their thoughts clearly and persuasively, to anticipate and address counterarguments, and to effectively present their case.
  • These communication skills are valuable in various aspects of life, from academics and professional settings to personal and social interactions.

4. Promoting Openness to Different Perspectives:

• Debate involves engaging with diverse viewpoints and critically examining different sides of an issue.
  • This exposure can challenge preconceived notions, broaden understanding, and foster respect for diverse perspectives.

5. Strengthening Democracy and Civil Discourse:

• Debate provides a platform for discussing important issues, holding public officials accountable, and promoting informed civic participation.
  • A healthy debate culture is essential for a functioning democracy and a robust civil society.

6. Refining Arguments and Strengthening Positions:

• The process of debating helps individuals refine their arguments, identify weaknesses, and anticipate potential criticisms.
  • This strengthens their understanding of the issue and allows them to present a more compelling and persuasive case.

7. Promoting Intellectual Growth and Challenge:

• Engaging in debate stimulates intellectual curiosity, encourages research and learning, and pushes individuals to think critically and challenge their assumptions.
  • This intellectual growth can lead to personal and professional development and contribute to a more informed and engaged society.

Openminded

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
    With me an idea seems based by evidence and coherent in my mind. Yet, even putting into words I can see the obvious flaws. The hidden premises. What evidence can be easily summoned via internet search engines and what might be true but difficult to find.

In college there used to be a class call regurgitation that was cut out like study hall. This works better than simply reading and listening to make sure you understand the content. Often others can see overt flaws in your argument.
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    Too bad you never "regurgitated" any facts surrounding the idea that races are not equal?   If you had, you might have attained proficiency in critical thinking?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Dreamer

With me an idea seems based by evidence

No , it doesn't,  I know you're brainwashed to believe the you greedily swallow is evidence , it's not.

Which  is why you stated that working class people who couldn't afford electric cars could walk or cycle to work as it was good for their health, I'm sure daddy told you that the working classes don't matter when it comes to green issues.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @Dee well I suppose it depends on what qualifies as evidence because in debate s it is important to use reliable quality confirmed evidence from trusted sauces. 
    I saw one instance where some one did not have any debating skills at all and came up with an extreme negative topic that could not be won so he made up false evidence and false links. It was some thing to do with psychology as I remember.. But the point is that that is not debating at all and being extreme trolling instead. So should we let people like that get away with it?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    @Barnardot

ARGUMENT TOPIC : I'VE ASKED FELLOW MEMBERS AND CONGRATS WE ALL AGREED TO MAKE YOU SITE POLICEMAN SO EVERYTIME SOMEONE PUTS YOU IN YOUR PLACE YOU CAN BLOW YOUR WHISTLE TO lET THEM KNOW YOURE ON THE VERGE OF BAWLINGYOUR EYES OUT...

well I suppose it depends on what qualifies as evidence because in debate s it is important to use reliable quality confirmed evidence from trusted sauces. 

Yes I agree and if you ever once do that you will get a well deserved pat on your little wooden head .......oh make sure now you use only good " sauces".

So let's give you another chance where is your trusted " sauces" to dispute my contentions.

I saw one instance where some one did not have any debating skills at all and came up with an extreme negative topic that could not be won so he made up false evidence and false links.

You really shouldn't put yourself down like that , if you require coaching in how to debate just ask.

It was some thing to do with psychology as I remember.

Was it? Ok well my advice is do some research in future and you may not  end up losing all the time.

. But the point is that that is not debating at all and being extreme trolling instead.

Yet you keep doing it by  following me around trolling 

So should we let people like that get away with it?

No we shouldn't,  we should give you a little whistle and a policeman's hat and let you arrest everyone who beats you up in debate which would mean you have to arrest the whole membership , so why don't you crack on and start the arrests?

@Dee so an other words you are a constant lier.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

so an other words you are a constant lier.

What's a "lier" ? Also you said I didn't use "sauces" in my arguments what " sauces" do you recommend ? Barbecue? Curry ? Lemon?
    @Dee I really like it when I rub in the realty you get more and more off the planet.
    @Barnardot

I really like it when I rub my b-tt against a big macho man's knob , especially if his phone has a Hermes case.

Wow Barmy ,  No wonder you need that queers lego set it may help you explain that you're a panting  perv to your kids.
    Barnardot

You keep saying " you're a lier " what's a "lier" ? Also you said I didn't use "sauces" in my arguments what " sauces" do you recommend ? Barbecue? Curry ? Lemon?

What do you mean by " Anerlyyise" or " nowerr deys" , or maybe even " pathetic oggicel"
    @Dee Well of course that’s the sort of deviation answer we would expect from some one who constantly lies and cheats and deceive s and then they start getting angry and do all the abusing and gaslighting as the next dishonest trick . It just goes to show that you can’t change a leopard s strips can you?
    so let’s scan a couple more debates and see what our 2 resident lieing dishonest cheaters are up to now.
    Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    You keep saying " you're a lier " what's a "lier" ? Also you said I didn't use "sauces" in my arguments what " sauces" do you recommend ? Barbecue? Curry ? Lemon?

What do you mean by " Anerlyyise" or " nowerr deys" , or maybe even " pathetic oggicel"?
    @Barnardot
  • @Bogan

Why does every single debate on this site revolve around discussions about race and them not being equal. You are beginning to sound like a radical. 
    Dreamer

@Dee I reckon I know what the problem is is that your court up in a never ending continueum. So here s what you do. What you do is admit to all your lieing then when you do lie which is all the time you are actually telling the truth. 
    So there’s a good way out with out putting on your usual dum performances. The only thing is though your got to remember that if you happen to tell the truth then you’re actually lieing.
    So it all goes to show in the end any way that a leopard never loses its strips does it. If you know what I mean any way.
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 ;    Why does every single debate on this site revolve around discussions about race and them not being equal. You are beginning to sound like a radical. 

Ahhaaaaam, because white western civilisation is falling, we have been lied to for decades by people who really do want to destroy our civilisation, and it is a very important and interesting topic which should be discussed and examined?        Too bad you have a mental block in your head and will never discuss it.      Some "debater" you are.   

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    @Bogan

So the purpose of debate is to only debate races and how all white people are the superior race right?

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 ;    quote   So the purpose of debate is to only debate races and how all white people are the superior race right?

Wrong.   If you wish to waste your time debating such subjects as 'Can Time and Pi be synchronized?.", "Should sex segregated schools be banned?"  "Should money be banned?" , then go right ahead.     I prefer to debate what I perceive as the the most important issue of the time, which is the extinction of white, western democratic civilisation.      

Now, I will make a statement and try and get it through you head this time.     My contention is, that races are not equal.    This fact is actually very easy to prove to any person with triple digit IQ and an open mind, virtues which seem to be lacking with the contributors on this particular debate site.     This does not equate to white supremacy, and how you even think that is does proves to me that you have never bothered to read anything I have written, you have just skimmed, sneered, and moved on.  
  • Bogan said:
    @ZeusAres42 ;    quote   So the purpose of debate is to only debate races and how all white people are the superior race right?

Wrong.   If you wish to waste your time debating such subjects as 'Can Time and Pi be synchronized?.", "Should sex segregated schools be banned?"  "Should money be banned?" , then go right ahead.     I prefer to debate what I perceive as the the most important issue of the time, which is the extinction of white, western democratic civilisation.      

Now, I will make a statement and try and get it through you head this time.     My contention is, that races are not equal.    This fact is actually very easy to prove to any person with triple digit IQ and an open mind, virtues which seem to be lacking with the contributors on this particular debate site.     This does not equate to white supremacy, and how you even think that is does proves to me that you have never bothered to read anything I have written, you have just skimmed, sneered, and moved on.  

@Bogan,

Firstly, if you cannot remove your personal affiliations from the debate you are having then perhaps debate is not for you or at least not until you are calm. My questioning of your epistemology and/or disagreements if any are not personal. Chill your ego. 

Secondly, my questioning was asking why you are attempting to debate racism on a topic that has nothing to do with racism. The only reason I can think of as to why you would do this is if you think the sole purpose of debate is to only discuss races and juging by your response above and the fact that you seem to slip race topics in almost (if not all) topics on this site that is a pretty fair description.

As for your stance that all races are not equal I do know you made a debate a long time which kinda got flooded now. However, if you wish to discuss there again, or create another debate on the matter then I would be happy to discuss that with you. And if you can remind me why you think all races are not equal that would be great. Btw, I too do not think all races are equal but I am guessing my reasons for thinking this are from what yours are. But we will see, that is if you wish to pursue. 

Moroever, if we go back to the relevance of the debate at hand: 
     This is a false dilemma. The supposed important topic suggested by you here is not the only topic of significance to be debated; there is a whole plethora of them. You're argument basically reads "Either debate this or nothing at all!" 

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  

Zues quote  Firstly, if you cannot remove your personal affiliations from the debate you are having then perhaps debate is not for you or at least not until you are calm.

My British inherited culture forbids me from getting angry, Zues.     In any case, I do not need to get angry because my opinions are based upon rational arguments which are now so well developed that I can cross connect lines of thought.    The only time I get pisssed off is having to deal with endless heckling, or when an opponent just stone walls me and refuses to recognise that 1+1 equals 2.     Another of my pet peeves is when an opponent constantly misrepresents my position, as you did in your last post where you implied that I advocated for white supremacy.

Zues quote      My questioning of your epistemology and/or disagreements if any are not personal. Chill your ego. 

Claiming that I am a white supremacist is personal.  It is also a misrepresentation of everything' I have ever written.

Zues quote      Secondly, my questioning was asking why you are attempting to debate racism on a topic that has nothing to do with racism. The only reason I can think of as to why you would do this is if you think the sole purpose of debate is to only discuss races and judging by your response above and the fact that you seem to slip race topics in almost (if not all) topics on this site that is a pretty fair description.

I have already explained my position on that subject in my last response to you.   Which makes me think that you do not even bother to read past my first sentence before you jump onto your keyboard.

Zues quote     As for your stance that all races are not equal I do know you made a debate a long time which kinda got flooded now. However, if you wish to discuss there again, or create another debate on the matter then I would be happy to discuss that with you.

I have done this now twice and although those particular debates became to be catagorised as “Great debates”, sooner or later nobody bothered to continue the thread after my last post.        Just in case you have not noticed, most of the “debates” being submitted on Debate Island now are childish and abysmal.       I keep hoping that if I keep trawling those debates which may attract people with triple digit IQ’s, eventually I might snag a new member who will debate with me on this crucial topic.      The last one was ‘Openminded “ (a misnomer if ever there was one) who has been a real disappointment, and who I predict will soon join the army of hecklers now infesting Debate Island. 

Zues quote      And if you can remind me why you think all races are not equal that would be great.

No problem.     But I am sick and tired of explaining this, over and over and over again, only to have some opponent either disappear into cyberspace or of just join the hecklers and heckle.     Your implication is that races are equal?     Please explain how do you know this?    And what scientific evidence or reasoned argument can you submit which supports your assumption?      Failure to explain your position is doing a MayCaesar and not debating honestly.    There are two sides to a debate.    Both sides have to submit reasoned arguments justifying their opinions, and both sides can then examine and criticise their opponent’s logic.     You first, and I promise I will respond.    Too many times in the past I presented my case to an opponent who will never submit theirs.     So, I am more careful now.    You first.  

Zues quote       Btw, I too do not think all races are equal but I am guessing my reasons for thinking this are from what yours are. But we will see, that is if you wish to pursue.   

If you are conceding that races are not equal, then congratulations, we have already made some progress.      You have crossed the Rubicon and you can never go back.    The problem is, that I got to this point with MayCaesar, who would never explain to me why or how races were different?   Which, if you are an experienced debater like me, you know is a dirty debating tactic.    It means that only one side is explaining why he thinks the way he does, while his opponent just criticizes his posts and never writes anything that he can be criticised for.    I hope that you have a higher moral code than MayCaesar?     Whatever reasons that MayCaesr is doing on a debate site, an unbiased search for the truth is not the most prominent.

Now, the question begs, in what way do you think that races are not equal?     Please submit any scientific evidence or at least a reasoned argument justifying your position, then I will reciprocate and we can go from there.    

Zues quote       This is a false dilemma. The supposed important topic suggested by you here is not the only topic of significance to be debated; there is a whole plethora of them. You're argument basically reads "Either debate this or nothing at all!" 

If the purpose of debate is to examine different points of view with the intention of conducting an unbiased search for the truth, then asking whether races are equal, or how they differ, sure looks like a good example to me.      So far, you have contributed nothing to the question of “What is the Ultimate Purpose of Debate?”, yet you criticise me for supposedly going off track? 

• @Bogan

You posted a lot of stuff here. I am going to focus on the relevant parts regarding race equality (although not relevant to the OP). Ok, you have not reminded me what your reasons are for why and how races are not equal. As it stands I have no idea about how you define race, equality, what this all means for you. As for me stating I do not think all races are equal I cannot tell you whether or not I am conceding anything as I have yet to be reminded on the argument that you are making. So, please remind me what your argument is and by all means, lets discuss it here then. 

I haven't really engaged much with you on this topic tbh as like other people here either because I was in other debates and/or busy doing other things. So, let's start fresh.

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    @Bogan ZeusAres45 My contention is, that races are not equal.    This fact is actually very easy to prove

Your contention is not a fact and no body has ever proved it let alone some one who uses half a brain. All the so called proof you have ever given is all false or out of context or exstream. No one will ever win such a dum and worthless and offensive argument and I reckon if you want to go down that route you may as well contend that the sky is red.

Claiming that I am a white supremacist is personal.  It is also a misrepresentation of everything' I have ever written.

It might be personal but it is right and completely justified given all the racict supremist crap you write like:

My British inherited culture forbids me from getting angry

Which is what you said in the same breadth. It seems that yo have a habit of contradicking your self which is typical of some one who only ever uses one side of his brain and can only see out one eye and hears with not even half an ear.

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

Try writing an entire 350 word article starting with a clearly stated premise that you are prepared to defend with a reasoned argument.     Writing sneery one liners or simply submitting curt replies dealing entirely in implications is hardly going to impress anybody into thinking you have an opinion worth reading.    Neither is, pejorative abuse, or just continually asking loaded Dorothy Dixer questions.     You may think that it makes you look authoritative, but it just makes you look like an ignorant person winging it to vainly defend a position he passionately holds, but has little knowledge of.

@Bogan ;Try writing an entire 350 word article starting with a clearly stated premise that you are prepared to defend with a reasoned argument. 

Well of course thats what you should do because you have never made a reasoned argument. And saying that you use half a brain might be winging to you but to any one else it is stating a fact which I is a clearly stated premise which was backed up with reasoned argument which you very well know when I presented the evidence and reasoning that you use proberly even less than half your brain.

For example a good example would be when some one copies and pastes exactly the same thing he winged about before. Now that takes less than a quarter of a brain to do.

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42 ;     You posted a lot of stuff here. I am going to focus on the relevant parts regarding race equality (although not relevant to the OP). Ok, you have not reminded me what your reasons are for why and how races are not equal.

I have done that add infinitum for about two years on this site with many contributors.    Have you been asleep the whole time?  

Zeus quote        As it stands I have no idea about how you define race, equality, what this all means for you.

Okay, even though I think you should lead because I have been the victim of the "You must explain everything, I must explain nothing" style of debating, too many times, I will lead off just to show good faith.   Without even bothering to refer to a dictionary, the term "race" has two meanings, a singular one, and a plural one.     Race is simply a means of classifying people into identifiably different groups, and that has been done since forever..    If you like, i will even dig out my copy of Plutarch where he speculates upon the racial mixing of Celts and "Asians" (Arabs) in Anatolia, and wonders what kind of people such a racial mixing might produce?     The singular of "race" is used as in "the human race" which identifies all humans as a single species.    The plural of "race" equates to sub species of humans.    The father of biological Taxonomy, Carl Linnaeus, even gave taxonomical names to human sub species, as he did with other species of organisms.    Arabs are "homo Sapien Arabicus."     Tasmanian aboriginals are 'Homo Sapien Tasmanicus."     Patagonian indigenous people are "Homo Sapien Patagonia'"      In Taxonomy, the first name is the genus name, the second is the species name, and the third, the sub species name.  

Zeus quote      As for me stating I do not think all races are equal I cannot tell you whether or not I am conceding anything as I have yet to be reminded on the argument that you are making.     

It looks to me that you have realised that you have put your foot in it and you are looking for an excuse to back pedal?       The premise is, "Are races equal?" which I would have thought is a very simple concept to understand?

Zeus quote      So, please remind me what your argument is and by all means, lets discuss it here then. 

Well, you see I am getting this bad feeling that you are going to do a MayCaesar and indulge in the usual dirty debating tactic of "you must explain everything while i must explain nothing."    .   Sorry ma-a-a-a-te.   You lead off first.     I have been down this road too many times to fall for that old todge again. 

Zues quote         I haven't really engaged much with you on this topic tbh as like other people here either because I was in other debates and/or busy doing other things. So, let's start fresh.

Okay, I have already led off with my answer to your question about how I define race.    Now, please submit a reasoned argument as to why and how you believe that races are either equal, or unequal?  

jack
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited December 2023

What Is The Ultimate Purpose Of Debate?

Hello Jules:

The only reason I debate, is to change minds.  If I can do that in 10 words, I win.  If I have to write a 350 word essay, I lose.

excon

• @Bogan

The initiator of an argument usually leads the discussion, followed by responses from others. This is the usual debate format. For example, if I were to argue about the existence of God, I wouldn't merely assert 'God exists, now prove me wrong.' Instead, the burden of proof lies with me to substantiate my claim.

Regarding my questioning of your defintition about races not being equal and what that means for you appears to have gone unanswered. However, you have referred to outdated definitions of race. Given this, I infer that you might believe races are not equal based on these archaic descriptions, such as those by Carl Linnaeus, sub-species categorizations, etc. Are you implying that for all races to be considered equal, we must reject these classifications and view humanity as a single race? Or are you suggesting that inherent biological differences between races contribute to their inequality?

Nonetheless, modern science has significantly deviated from these antiquated views on race taxonomy, which were primarily based on physical characteristics. Currently, terms like 'Caucasoid,' 'Mongoloid,' and 'Negroid' hold little relevance, particularly in light of comparative analyses of DNA and gene frequencies (Britannica, 2023). Present scientific research indicates that the genetic differences previously used to classify different races are, in fact, minimal (Britannica, 2023). These findings challenge the concept of race as a biological construct and align with the view that human variation cannot be neatly divided into distinct biological races (Jackson, 1992).

In short, race is now increasingly viewed as a social construct rather than a distinct biological entity, a perspective both informed by and contributing to scientific understanding.

Okay, my argument regarding racial equality goes beyond archaic views on biological race definitions and delves into more nuanced considerations. As supported by current scientific understanding, races are not inherently unequal in biological terms. However, they are unequal in social, cultural, legal, and economic aspects. Historical and systemic discrimination, including segregation, slavery, and colonialism, has resulted in disparities in wealth, education, employment, health, and housing among different racial groups. Moreover, societal attitudes and stereotypes about different races can lead to unequal treatment, discrimination, and, ultimately, racial inequality.

References

• Britannica. (2023). Race as a social stratification. Retrieved from https://www.britannica.com/summary/race-human
      • Britannica. (2023). Race - Genetics, Evolution, Anthropology. Retrieved from https://www.britannica.com/topic/race-human
      • Jackson, F. L. (1992). Race and ethnicity as biological constructs. Ethn Dis, 2(2), 120-125. Retrieved from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1467750/
      • American Association for the Advancement of Science. (2019). AAAS Reaffirms Statements on Biological Aspects of Race.
      • United Nations Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner. (2021). Racial Discrimination and Human Rights.
      • American Psychological Association. (2020). Ethnic and Racial Disparities in Crime and Criminal Justice in the United States.

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  

Zeus quote    The initiator of an argument usually leads the discussion, followed by responses from others.     This is the usual debate format.

So far, so good.

Zeus quote        For example, if I were to argue about the existence of God, I wouldn't merely assert 'God exists, now prove me wrong.' Instead, the burden of proof lies with me to substantiate my claim.

As I expected, you are going down the dirty tactic way of avoiding debate by saying that I must prove my points, but you need not prove yours.   And you are trying to justify your dirty tactic with spurious logic.       Your logic is invalid, because we are not debating the unprovable premise of whether God exists or not.      In the case of a person claiming that God does exist, it is quite valid to ask the person advocating that God exists to prove it, since the other side can not prove that God does not exist.      What we are debating right now is one of the most important questions of our time.    The principle of whether races are equal, and such a question does have two debatable sides.     The answer to which just so happens to have very real consequences for the continued existence western civilisation.

Now, I did exactly what you demanded, and I led off first with a reasoned argument supporting the position that races are not equal.     You are now morally bound to comply with the standards of civilised debate, by submitting a reasoned argument supporting your position, whatever it is, since you up to now have not had the decently to state what it is, other than to oppose me.        Now I know that you are not going to do that, because you can’t.     You know that my summary was logical, rational, and compelling.    And you also know that you have no arguments at all that could counter them.   So, all you can do is play the MayCaesar, and indulge in reprehensible conduct to avoid justifying your unjustifiable position.   

Zeus quote      Regarding my questioning of your definition about races not being equal and what that means for you appears to have gone unanswered.

So now you are resorting to outright lies?     I submitted a 600 word essay fully explaining my position with the expectation that you would do what you initially agreed to do, and respond by submitting a reasoned argument supporting your position.    If you and I were standing upon a stage in front of an audience of 200 impartial people right now, who were interested in this question, your behaviour would be seen as evasive and dishonest, and you would be getting laughed off the stage. 

Zues quote    However, you have referred to outdated definitions of race. Given this, I infer that you might believe races are not equal based on these archaic descriptions, such as those by Carl Linnaeus, sub-species categorizations, etc.

Oh, I get it.    Unable to even verbalise what your position is, and unable to submit a reasoned argument supporting your position, you instead try to say that my claim to racial differences is wrong, because the scientific classification system which has always applied to all living organisms is “ancient?”      Okay, lets look at that.     Taxonomy is the science of classifying all living organisms with biological names.     Human beings are living organisms.     What you seem to be implying is that a new generation of neo-Marxist “scientists” has found the Linnaean system of classifying all living creatures does not conform to the left wing Party line?    So, in the traditional way of Leftists, they have simply air brushed away the inconvenient fact that human being are living organisms, and so outside of long established taxonomical classification?

How do you do it, Zeus?      I suspect that you are another university educated lefty?    But you are also a child of the Renaissance and the Enlightenment.     How does an educated person go along with a bunch of ideologues who have to corrupt science to conform to their social beliefs?    From their graves, the scientific giants of Thomas Paine, Newton, Galileo, Darwin and Rutherford are shaking their heads in pitying wonder at you.

Zeus quote      Are you implying that for all races to be considered equal, we must reject these classifications and view humanity as a single race? Or are you suggesting that inherent biological differences between races contribute to their inequality?

You asked me exactly the same two questions in our last exchange, and I answered both questions in full.    Why are you asking the same two questions again?   Do you have an English comprehension problem?   If so, that would explain a lot.

Zeus       Nonetheless, modern science has significantly deviated from these antiquated views on race taxonomy, which were primarily based on physical characteristics. Currently, terms like 'Caucasoid,' 'Mongoloid,' and 'Negroid' hold little relevance, particularly in light of comparative analyses of DNA and gene frequencies (Britannica, 2023). Present scientific research indicates that the genetic differences previously used to classify different races are, in fact, minimal (Britannica, 2023). These findings challenge the concept of race as a biological construct and align with the view that human variation cannot be neatly divided into distinct biological races (Jackson, 1992).

Bulls-hit.    All living organisms can be classified using the Linnaean system of Taxonomy.    Human beings are living organisms.    You can not remove humans from Taxonomy just because The Party finds it convenient to do so.     Almost all species (except polar bears) exist as sub species.    And sub species self evidently differ from one another because of genetic variation caused by environmental factors.       Sub species can differ in appearance, physical characteristics, mental characteristics, and temperaments.    And what applies to animal sub species applies equally to human sub species.    The Party knows that, and that particular bit of science is an inconvenient fact that the Party needs to air brush out of existence.   And you are complicit in the corruption of science?   Please tell me how you justify to yourself being an accomplice to the corruption of science, Zeus?   I really would like to know?

Zeus quote      In short, race is now increasingly viewed as a social construct rather than a distinct biological entity, a perspective both informed by and contributing to scientific understanding.

Already addressed at length and in full.     Science categorises everything, and everything that science categorises is a social construct.     That does not invalidate social constructs, any more than claiming that abstract nouns are not valid because they name ephemeral concepts.

Zeus quote       Okay, my argument regarding racial equality goes beyond archaic views on biological race definitions and delves into more nuanced considerations. As supported by current scientific understanding, races are not inherently unequal in biological terms.

Universities are now full of committed neo-Marxists who advocate for open borders, with the claim that it does not matter who inhabits a western country, as everybody is equal.  All you need to do is turn on the TV news to see that particular concept is dead wrong.

Zues quote      However, they are unequal in social, cultural, legal, and economic aspects. Historical and systemic discrimination, including segregation, slavery, and colonialism, has resulted in disparities in wealth, education, employment, health, and housing among different racial groups. Moreover, societal attitudes and stereotypes about different races can lead to unequal treatment, discrimination, and, ultimately, racial inequality.

You are simply cut and pasting your own words from your last post.     There are only two explanations as to why certain dysfunctional ethnicities are always dysfunctional, even within their own countries.       The most obvious and correct one is, that races are not equal, especially when it comes to brains.      And that is a provable premise.  You are the one who will not make any effort to disprove it, because from your evasive and dishonest behaviour, I can tell that you already know that I am right.

ZeusAres42
    • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -   edited December 2023
      @ZeusAres42 ;Okay, my argument regarding racial equality goes beyond archaic views on biological race definitions and delves into more nuanced considerations.

And that is what we call a properly researched, balanced and presented argument. 

The problem is that it is showing the truth and correct perspective on some thing that can never be successfully argued against because every argument and every peace of so-called evidence to back it up can only ever be false. You correctly pointed out the correct point that a lot of the stuff that @Bogan used was well out of date. Most sane people are aware of the zeitgeist of time and society morals are improving on to new levels of betterness all the time. 

So what other deceitful tactics do these anti societal people use? I know that I have court this particular half brain a number of times using exstream websites that put out total fabrications and lies. The other tactic is to take legitimate reports but take out half of it to say some thing completely different. 

ZeusAres42
    • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      Zeeeeuuuuussss!     Where aaaarrre youuuuuuu?
    • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited December 2023
      @Bogan

I am contemplating whether or not I really want to have a debate about race equality with someone who has no idea what they are talking about. It is clear now that your argument is about the outdated and reductionist view regarding racial determinism in the context of genetics. At least that is what you are trying to argue. 

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      @ZeusAres42

Then run away.    Unlike a lot of other "anti racists" you at least did your homework and knew something about the subject that you wished to debate.   I salute you for that.   I was surprised when you knew something about Taxonomy and sub species, most of the people I debate here know nothing about that at all.

My assessment of you, is that you know that I am right, but for some reason you will not admit that races are not equal?    I think your position is akin to the old time religious people who were once into science and fossil collecting.   But when Darwin published 'Origin of Species" they realised that their advocacy on fossil collecting was going to put them out of business.   So they opposed Darwin and Evolution, even though they knew he was right.

I do not accuse you of pecuniary self interest, but something is preventing you from blurting out a truth that you know is correct?   If you really were engaging in an unbiased search for the truth, then you would never have used the dirty debating tactic of "You must submit your position for me to criticise, but I need not submit mine".   If you have to stoop to dirty debating methods, then you are not seriously trying to debate, your purpose is to stifle debate.    Perhaps the reason why you advocate for something you know is not true is because of peer pressure?  Or, maybe a passionate belief that unless all of mankind accepts that everybody is equal in every way, then humankind is doomed to extinction?
    • @Bogan

Debate me formally if you wish. You take the archaic view and I will take the modern view in light of the current evidence. 

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      The "archaic" view of human gender is that there are men and there are women.    The "modern" view is that a man can be a woman by just saying he is a woman.    All you need to advocate for the woke worldview is a suspension of objective reality and logic.  
      @ZeusAres42 @Bogan ;I am contemplating whether or not I really want to have a debate about race equality with someone who has no idea what they are talking about.

So didnt I sort of point that point out? That when you challenge a half brain exstreamist nit he is going to hit you with a heap of gas lighting because he has not the slightest idea  of arguing a situation. Compound that with the fact that he is trying to support a totally disgusting and totally incorrect premice and has to use bully boy tactics like telling you what to say. 

Theres no point in arguing a point with half brain nits like that but if you keep telling them what they are in no uncertain terms then eventually it will sink in to the half brain that he uses. So talk the shite to him and remember that shite gravitates to shite so it will sink in eventually.

• jackjack 458 Pts   -  
      Bogan said:
        All you need to advocate for the woke worldview is a suspension of objective reality and logic.  
      Hello B:

Who the hell are you to tell another person HOW to think?  As long as you don't force your views on anybody else, in this great land of ours, you're FREE to BE any thing you desire to be, including a fire hydrant if that is your wish..  

That's FREEDOM, baby..   Love it, or leave it..

excon
      ZeusAres42
    • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
      I personally approach every discussion with the hope that someone will say something that I will have no response to. I love having my arguments thrashed: the process of patching them up is incredibly satisfying and enlightening.

The first time I seriously fell in love was when a savage (this is one case where a person has genuinely earned the adjective) girl made an argument against atheism in favor of agnosticism. She obliterated all counter-arguments I had and left me stumped. I found the error in her logic later on, but it required quite a bit of intellectual work.
      I love it when something like this happens. When someone humbles me, intellectually or otherwise. When I think that I am something, and then someone gets the reality to punch me in the face: "You still have a lot to learn, young padawan".
    • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      @MayCaesar ;   I personally approach every discussion with the hope that someone will say something that I will have no response to. I love having my arguments thrashed: 

Bulls-heet     If you liked having your "arguments thrashed" you would not engage in the dirty debating tactic of "you must explain your position, I need not explain mine".      You might have noticed that ZwusAris42 is now your disciple, and he is trying (and failing) to try that dirty trick on me?
      @Bogan

I do not think you could debate a chair and not have your arguments thrashed.
      DeeZeusAres42
    • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      @MayCaesar

I debate fairly, giving reasoned arguments to support my position, and answering the questions of my opponents.  I have never stooped to using your dishonest debating tactics, which I am certain that you are smart enough to realise is dishonest, but you just don't care.       Either your purpose is to stifle debate, or it is just an ego enhancing exercise where the main aim is to win at all costs?   Another possible explanation, is that you are a colonel in the KGB, and you come onto these websites to spread .disinformation to help the Rodina.      
      @Bogan

Go away, you are putting me to sleep...
    • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      @MayCaesar

No colonel, I will expose you and Putin's evil plan to take over the world.   
      @Bogan ;I debate fairly, giving reasoned arguments to support my position, and answering the questions of my opponents.

Thats a total peace of lieing crap since you know very well that you have been reminded many times of the totally offensive irrational arguments you post with evidence that is completely wrong and extreme. You very rarely answer opponents which is every one. In fact you have a habit of running a way from questions like the child ish half brained wan*ker extremist that you are.