frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should sex segregated bathrooms be abolished?

Debate Information

I was wondering what anyone thinks about this.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Argument Topic: Yep they absolutely should.

Sex segregated bathrooms absolutely need to go because intersex people exist. I just think what intersex people have to suffer when it comes to going to the bathroom in a public place. The whole 2 sex segregated bathroom thing implies that there are only 2 biological sexes, which is far from the truth.
    Openminded
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1127 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

If your self identity is tied that much into the bathroom you use, you have a mental health problem.
    theinfectedmasterjust_sayin
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

There are only male and female denial of this is denial of  fact.
    theinfectedmaster
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 963 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    Sex segregated bathrooms absolutely need to go because intersex people exist. I just think what intersex people have to suffer when it comes to going to the bathroom in a public place. The whole 2 sex segregated bathroom thing implies that there are only 2 biological sexes, which is far from the truth.
    Insert eye roll of @theinfectedmaster 's anti-science claim.  Please show me someone who was conceived by a mommy and daddy who didn't do so with sperm and ovary.  I'll wait.  The fact that there can be chromosomal aberrations does not negate the fact that there are only 2 biological sexes.  Every person naturally conceived was done so with sperm and an ovum. 

The issue of intersex bathrooms assumes a level of maturity for minors that I don't think is reasonable.  In Loudoun County VA, near my home, a boy who on the day of the incident claimed to be a 'her' and while wearing a skirt entered a girls bathroom and sexually assaulted a girl.  The school covered it up, and within two weeks, he did it again to another girl.  The media tried hard to cover up his choice of gender on that day and that he was wearing a skirt - even though he actually used his skirt as part of his defense in his trial.  Can you assure us that incidents like this one will not happen again and that others won't cover it up again as they already have done? 
    theinfectedmaster
  • theinfectedmastertheinfectedmaster 145 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    @Dee Nope. You are incorrect because intersex people exist. There are also people, too who's sexual anatomy isn't male or female, however, both of these are rare.
  • @just_sayin There are even people with sex chromosomal disorders, too, like triple X syndrome.
  • @just_sayin There are people who don't even have a biological sex even because they were born without sexual anatomy, so they won't go through puberty even. It's not just the sex chromosomes that determines a person's biological sex. It's also a person's sexual anatomy, too. Sex segregated bathrooms are also harmful for people without biological sexes, too. My claims are not anti-science. There are actually people that are like that.
  • When did the word sex come to mean intercourse between couples, as sex now stands as a self-evident truth you’re asking if a public bathroom should or shouldn't be segregated based on the type of sexual intercourse a person has. 

theinfectedmaster
  • @John_C_87 I'm talking about biological sexes not having sex with people.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

So why not use a stall in either a men's or woman's bathroom?

That was easy right?
  • @Dee You realize that intersex and people who don't have a biological sex are harmed by these sex segregations. That's why we need gender neutral bathrooms.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    @theinfectedmaster

You realize that intersex and people who don't have a biological sex are harmed by these sex segregations

But the segregation is in their minds which is why you refused to answer what I asked , so her you go .......So why not use a stall in either a men's or woman's bathroom?

. That's why we need gender neutral bathrooms.

No we really don't which is why you dodged my question,  right?
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 963 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin There are even people with sex chromosomal disorders, too, like triple X syndrome.
    Yes.  And there are people with 6 fingers on each hand, but we say people have 5 digits on each hand.  The fact is that natural reproduction is by sperm and ovum only.
  • @Dee Intersex people and people without a biological sex can't use male of female restrooms, unless they identify as that because they aren't considered either.
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 963 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    @Dee Intersex people and people without a biological sex can't use male of female restrooms, unless they identify as that because they aren't considered either.
    What???  Intersex people can't use male or female restrooms?  Where did you get that?  Do you think they just do their business in the trash can?  Every day an intersex person makes a decision about where to go to the bathroom. 

Again I will ask, since there have been instances where biological men, who claimed to be women, and who were wearing skirts, sexually assaulted girls in the girls restroom, why should we adopt a policy that would result in more rapes and sexual assaults of women?  That seems to me to be ignoring the health and safety of females.  
    theinfectedmaster
  • @just_sayin Women can rape other women. Sex segregated bathrooms won't prevent that. It's a complete myth to say that it can and will. Men can rape other men, too.
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1127 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

Bathrooms are segregated to improve privacy for those of opposite sex not as a tool to validate peoples sexual identity.
    If it is single person bathroom and the mens is closed, i have no issue using the womens.  Never have i changed or validated my self worth or identity by the restroom I use.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

Intersex people and people without a biological sex can't use male of female restrooms, unless they identify as that because they aren't considered either.

That's a lie and you know it are you that desperate you have to resort to lying ?

Who is it that polices the toilets where you live that demands to know one's sex before use? I'll wait.......

theinfectedmaster
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

ARGUMENT TOPIC : INFECTEDDISASTER PRETENDS SHE / HE WANTS A DEBATE BUT RUNS WHEN QUESTIONED 

I called you out on your liess and as anticipated you have no valid response except to,post up the same topic 4 different times , all you're doing now is preaching.

Here is what I've asked you regarding your blatant lie, you haven't even the courage to admit you lied and were caught.

Who is it that polices the toilets where you live that demands to know one's sex before use? I'll wait.......

• @Dee No more calling me names okay. I will be reporting you if you keep it up.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

I asked you who is policing the toilets? Who demands to know one's sex before using ?

Your article says nothing about either so why are you lying?
    theinfectedmaster
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

No more calling me names okay. I will be reporting you if you keep it up.

I didn't call you names I called you a and proved it , if you dispute this tell me the names of the people who are stopping people you know from using toilets also the names of those who are demanding to know your sex?

Report away don't forget to mention you were caught lying and called on it.

• @Dee You've been calling me Infecteddisaster. That's a name.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

But you are lying which is why you refuse to answer.....if you dispute this tell me the names of the people who are stopping people you know from using toilets also the names of those who are demanding to know your sex?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

You've been calling me Infecteddisaster. That's a name.

And it makes you burst out crying because you feel b-tt hurt ......seriously? 

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1127 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    @theinfectedmaster

The dispute you are having with Dee is not whether intersex exists but who is preventing intersex people from using either bathroom?
    No intersex person is being criminalized because they dont meet the binary bathroom criteria.

Most intersex have primary sex characteristics and like it has been pointed out no one is preventing/arguing against intersex using either bathroom they choose to use.

Bathrooms are segregated to improve privacy for those of opposite sex not as a tool to validate peoples sexual identity.
    If it is single person bathroom and the mens is closed, i have no issue using the womens. Never have i changed or validated my self worth or identity by the restroom I use.
    OpenmindedDee