frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Have we become the nation we rebelled against?

Debate Information

Hello:

We, the people, have lost control of our country.  The cops are in control.  That isn't the way it was designed to be.  The Bill of Rights was written to curtail police power.  It's now toilet paper.  The cops think you work for them, instead of them working for you.  You know it.  You feel it.   Civics is no longer taught in school.  Why??   Because if the people KNEW their rights, and exercised their rights, the cops would no longer be in charge, and we'd have our country back. 

We're a divided nation.  One side is horrified that the cops are in charge, and the other side is thrilled that they are.  But, nobody disputes the truth I have spoken here today..

excon

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @jack
    We, the people, have lost control of our country.  The cops are in control.  That isn't the way it was designed to be.  The Bill of Rights was written to curtail police power.  It's now toilet paper.  The cops think you work for them, instead of them working for you.  You know it.  You feel it.   Civics is no longer taught in school.  Why??   Because if the people KNEW their rights, and exercised their rights, the cops would no longer be in charge, and we'd have our country back. 

Load of human fecies.
    The Bill of Rights was written to curtail police power. 

The Bill of Rights was describing a list of United States Constitutional rights that had not been written as Constitutional criminal laws. The writing of criminal law was left to the states who could choose to write and enforce United States Constitutional Right. The summery of grievance before Civil Rights is that men are not allowed to be independent form English law due to sexual discrimination. This is said to be the more perfect state of the union over all women being held equal by their creator and independent form English law by the declarations of self-evident truths which can be held inalienable. All this as United States Constitutional Right. The police force was established in England Jack before it was adopted in America.

Police - Law Enforcement, US History, Reforms | Britannica
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    John_C_87 said:

The writing of criminal law was left to the states who could choose to write and enforce

The police force was established in England Jack before it was adopted in America.
    Hello John:

Laws tell the PEOPLE what they can't do..  The Bill of Rights tells the GOVERNMENT what it CAN'T do.

I don't want to eliminate the police...  I want them to be subservient to the people, as the founders intended.

excon

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    No wonder nobody with brains wants to be a police officer anymore.       Jack will hate the police up until the day he really needs one.
  • @jack
    Laws tell the PEOPLE what they can't do.. 
    Criminal laws tell the people what they can do.

The Bill of Rights tells the GOVERNMENT what it CAN'T do.

The United States Constitutional Amendments describe what can be found to be right. When a "men" was found to be in the wrong that " He" could be impeached as all men are created equal by their creator. The power of the United States Constitution is to hold all men equal in one way and that way only, be it elected or not as a President of the United States of America, this was as a voter. Loosing say or being limited in a system of governing is not the same as being punished for violating a criminal law.

civil rights | Wex | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

Civil rights are not in the Bill of Rights; they deal with legal protections. For example, the right to vote is a civil right. A civil liberty, on the other hand, refers to personal freedoms protected from government intrusion such as those listed in the Bill of Rights.

Have we become the nation we rebelled against?

I am arguing yes, we have become like the nation America has Declared Independence from, the argument splits in two, why. The principles as fact causing the split and what a solution is to be are held in the grievance. The debate goes on to describe as common defense towards a general welfare how the cause can be corrected without insurrection. Women are not independent from English criminal law and have been criminal law worked their way into a system still out of their reach. Women have not displayed an ability to preserve, protect or defend united states of constitutional right. Unlike with men having been all placed by criminal law legislation as a sexist, women are simply described in a United States Constitutional Right. The Right is the word Presadera which is however not a ratified United States Constitutional Right for it is incomplete of other self-evident truths to hold it as inalienable truth.

• jackjack 458 Pts   -  
    Bogan said:

Jack will hate the police up until the day he really needs one.
    Hello Bogan:

Not relevant..  You didn't use 350 words...  Some yahoo on this site said if you wanna be taken seriously, you gotta use MORE than 350 words.....

Oh, oh, oh.....  DU*DE!  You're that yahoo.

Bwa, ha ha ha ha ha.

excon

Joeseph
  • @Bogan
    No wonder nobody with brains wants to be a police officer anymore.       Jack will hate the police up until the day he really needs one.

Wisdom tells me that the police will always need the people more than we the people need them, who else would be the good criminals from their view the police?

• @jack
    The Bill of Rights tells the GOVERNMENT what it CAN'T do.

The 1st ten Amendments to the United States Constitution still tell all of us what to do to be " Right" the idea of the American Constitution regulating government alone is untrue the government is still, we the people who have established Constitution.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    Please. The US police officers are one of the friendliest bunches you will find out there. Ever been to China? Or Russia? Or even something benevolent like Japan or Germany? Go there and try to pull one of the American tricks on them: "I do not consent to the search of my vehicle". See what happens to you.

The US is one of the few countries in which a police officer can make a demand of you, hear a negative reply and be forced to turn around and walk away. 90% of the global population do not have this privilege.
  • @MayCaesar

I know this really gets old and annoying quickly, I apologize for bringing it to attention, sorry. Do you find it odd that a police officer in America can write a ticket using criminal law but has not authority by the state to issue official violations of Right in United States Constitutional Warnings in writing?

It is my understanding this puts police officers in a bad place from the beginning of enforcement of authority and plays a major role in bad connections to established justice. This is not an interpretation of law it is a question of knowing why a whole portion of United States of American law is missing in the process of justice. 5 times the United States Constitution states Congress shall have the authority to enforce an Article with proper legislation.

• jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited January 4
    jack said:

We, the people, have lost control of our country.  The cops are in control.  

Nobody disputes the truth I have spoken here today..

Hello ex:

Yes, I have more to say.   Everybody HATES the cops, even you, who'll never admit it..  Lemme ask you this..  When a cop car pulls in behind you, do you feel safer, or do you mutter oh sh*t?

Yeah...  I know.

What if the cops in your town had a day when they handed out free ice cream??  Crazy, huh?

excon
  • FactfinderFactfinder 777 Pts   -  
    Were the cops in control when criminal gangs took over portions of all our major cities throwing people out of their homes, if they were lucky? In 2020 @jack ?
  • @jack

Yes, I have more to say.   Everybody HATES the cops, even you, who'll never admit it..  Lemme ask you this..  When a cop car pulls in behind you, do you feel safer, or do you mutter oh sh*t?
    I do not hate officers of criminal law, I am however frightened by officers of criminal law. When a cops pulls in behind me I ofter worry that my veichle is in proper working order and my paperwork is up to date.