frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Thanks to each wave of new arrivals to this land of opportunity, we’re a nation forever young..

Debate Information

Hello:

Who said that?  We know it wasn't Trump.  Was it JFK, LBJ, FDR, or either Bush??  Nahh..  But it wasn't Bill Clinton or Barack Obama either.

It was Reagan. 

"This, I believe, is one of the most important sources of America’s greatness. We lead the world because, unique among nations, we draw our people — our strength — from every country and every corner of the world. And by doing so we continuously renew and enrich our nations. While other countries cling to the stale past, here in America we breathe life into dreams. We create the future, and the world follows us into tomorrow. Thanks to each wave of new arrivals to this land of opportunity, we’re a nation forever young, forever bursting with energy and new ideas, and always on the cutting edge, always leading the world to the next frontier.."

excon

Openminded

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -   edited February 8
    @jack ; How foolish is the one who believes that opening a Nation's border to infiltration by other Nation's criminals, mentally insane, warriors, spies, terrorists, by the untold millions is opportunity and vibrancy for the host Nation. Open borders that feed the criminal Mexican Cartels, sex traffickers, drug runners that kill hundreds of thousands of American's annually. This is mental illness defined by liberalism-Progressivism. Progressives-Democrats are anti-American Marxists...they are horrible people worthy of arrest, incarceration, deportation. Progressives are a malignancy destroying America's sovereignty. 

• FactfinderFactfinder 774 Pts   -  
    @jack ; How foolish is the one who believes that opening a Nation's border to infiltration by other Nation's criminals, mentally insane, warriors, spies, terrorists, by the untold millions is opportunity and vibrancy for the host Nation. Open borders that feed the criminal Mexican Cartels, sex traffickers, drug runners that kill hundreds of thousands of American's annually. This is mental illness defined by liberalism-Progressivism. Progressives-Democrats are anti-American Marxists...they are horrible people worthy of arrest, incarceration, deportation. Progressives are a malignancy destroying America's sovereignty. 

What makes you think reagan or @jack was talking about criminals? I'm sure reagan was referring to the fact we are a nation of immigrants. Very few indigenous peoples left. My ancestors immigrated and they didn't commit horrible crimes like you listed. 
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  

This is mental illness defined by liberalism-Progressivism. Progressives-Democrats are anti-American Marxists...they are horrible people worthy of arrest, incarceration, deportation. Progressives are a malignancy destroying America's sovereignty.
    Hello Rickey:

Reagan was all that?  Who knew?

excon

@jack ;  Reagan was a proponent of "legal" immigration, those who passed through the legal, authorized, channel, for becoming an American citizen and contributing to our Nation's health and welfare through obedience to a good work ethic and our laws. Reagan would be horrified at what you demonic progressives have done to this Nation.

BTW... please address you irrelevant comments by using @rickeyholtsclaw ; otherwise, I'm not privy to your insanity through your quotes.

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  

What makes you think reagan or @jack was talking about criminals? I'm sure reagan was referring to the fact we are a nation of immigrants. Very few indigenous peoples left. My ancestors immigrated and they didn't commit horrible crimes like you listed. 

@Factfinder ;  it's obvious to anyone with commonsense and is in-touch relevant to the latest catastrophe on America's southern border of what @jack is suggesting. Wake up.  
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -  
    rickeyholtsclaw ; it's obvious to anyone with commonsense and is in-touch relevant to the latest catastrophe on America's southern border of what @jack is suggesting. Wake up.  
    Hello again, Rickey:

Reagan was right. America has benefited tremendously from its historical welcome of immigrants and it uniquely prepared us for the challenges of the 21 century. Unfortunately, we seem to have decided to retreat into xenophobic fascism. It’s one of the stupidest moves we’ve ever made.

excon

@Factfinder ;  it's obvious to anyone with commonsense and is in-touch relevant to the latest catastrophe on America's southern border of what @jack is suggesting. Wake up.  
    I do not read minds but nothing in what jack said suggested we open the borders with no vetting. There has always been a system in place to document immigrants. What's the problem? Biden's initial failure to take it seriously? He's done an about face; though probably too little too late for his presidency. But we will see. As it stands @jack is right, reagan was right. Immigrants keep us young.  
    @jack ;  Reagan was correct concerning "legal" immigration. You are incorrect concerning the Progressive i-n-sanity of opening America's borders to millions of unvetted young fighting age men who illegally cross our border from Nations that h-a-t-e America. Progressivism is a spiritual and men-tal ill-n-ess.

I do not read minds but nothing in what jack said suggested we open the borders with no vetting. There has always been a system in place to document immigrants. What's the problem? Biden's initial failure to take it seriously? He's done an about face; though probably too little too late for his presidency. But we will see. As it stands @jack is right, reagan was right. Immigrants keep us young.  

@Factfinder ;  Biden, Harris, Mayorkas, are treasonous t-h-u-g-s who have illegally opened our borders to import a permanent Democrat voting constituency in perpetuity. You Progressives are so very naive and willfully i-g-n-o-r-a-n-t. Biden's NOT done an "about face" but simply panders to a Progressive voting base and falsely blames Republicans for his treason and mis-malfeasance. Illegal immigration destroys a Nation...keep drinking the kool-aid atheist, don't choke.

@Factfinder ;  Biden, Harris, Mayorkas, are treasonous t-h-u-g-s who have illegally opened our borders to import a permanent Democrat voting constituency in perpetuity. You Progressives are so very naive and willfully i-g-n-o-r-a-n-t. Biden's NOT done an "about face" but simply panders to a Progressive voting base and falsely blames Republicans for his treason and mis-malfeasance. Illegal immigration destroys a Nation...keep drinking the kool-aid atheist, don't choke.

Me? A progressive?? LOL Proverbs 17:28 applies here too ricky! Do you have anything on topic to say? Or did you just want to spew your ignorance again?

Me? A progressive?? LOL Proverbs 17:28 applies here too ricky! Do you have anything on topic to say? Or did you just want to spew your ignorance again?

@Factfinder...I understand you're slow cognitively and obstinate/dead spiritually but please, for the third or forth time, address your responses to me with @rickeyholtsclaw as your quotes are not forward to me but are published as a general comment?

You're a mind-le-ss Progressive, Liberal, Democrat, as USE-less as the tits on a boar hog in your atheism.

@Factfinder...I understand you're slow cognitively and obstinate/dead spiritually but please, for the third or forth time, address your responses to me with @rickeyholtsclaw as your quotes are not forward to me but are published as a general comment?

You're a mind-le-ss Progressive, Liberal, Democrat, as USE-less as the tits on a boar hog in your atheism.

I'll do that when I want. Which won't be soon as you don't know how to ask properly. Do you have intellect?

I'll do that when I want. Which won't be soon as you don't know how to ask properly. Do you have intellect?

@Factfinder ;  LOL...a lost and deceived atheist inquiring about "intellect."

You're confessing you don't know what intellect is and bragging on your mindless blind faith. Okay but do you have anything to say about the topic? Like where did your ancestors immigrate from?

You're confessing you don't know what intellect is and bragging on your mindless blind faith. Okay but do you have anything to say about the topic? Like where did your ancestors immigrate from?

@Factfinder ;  The one with knowledge understands the eternal relevance of "faith"...

My ancestors immigrated from England and Germany and Scotland and Ireland...they came here "legally" through Ellis Island some as early as the 1700's...some as Pastors - Farmers - Coal Miners - Teachers ...they worked and they loved American and they fought for this Nation. They possessed faith, they loved my Lord...they honored His Church...Jesus was their Lord.

@Factfinder ;  The one with knowledge understands the eternal relevance of "faith"...

My ancestors immigrated from England and Germany and Scotland and Ireland...they came here "legally" through Ellis Island some as early as the 1700's...some as Pastors - Farmers - Coal Miners - Teachers ...they worked and they loved American and they fought for this Nation. They possessed faith, they loved my Lord...they honored His Church...Jesus was their Lord.

So are you saying NO ONE crosses through the southern border legally? Why do you not bring up the northern border? What does your religion have to do with it? Ever think about how many christians are coming from the south? Or does your book promote ignorant bigotry alongside it's false creation narrative?

So are you saying NO ONE crosses through the southern border legally? Why do you not bring up the northern border? What does your religion have to do with it? Ever think about how many christians are coming from the south? Or does your book promote ignorant bigotry alongside it's false creation narrative?

@Factfinder...no one is crossing through the Southern Border legally if they're not being vetted and their claims of asylum are not verified and millions pour over and through the southern border and are transported to various parts of the United States with zero identification or knowledge of who they are and why they've come. Who knows if ANY Christians are coming from the south....if they're of any "religious" affiliation, most would be Catholic and they're NOT Christian. My Bible demonstrates legal immigration and honoring other Nations borders, laws, traditions, customs...it's called assimilation.

Excerpt: Three important questions must be raised before one attempts to apply Israelite law to the modern situation: 1) Was there such a thing as territorial sovereignty in the second millennium B.C. when these laws originated; 2) Within that socio-legal setting, what was a “stranger” or “sojourner;” and 3) How does one obtain this status?

Regarding the first, the answer is unequivocal. Nations small and large had clearly recognizable borders, typically demarcated by natural features such as rivers, valleys, and mountain ranges, much as they are today. Warring Egyptian Pharaohs often claimed that they went on campaigns to widen or extend Egypt’s borders. Wars were fought over where boundary lines would be drawn, and forts were strategically placed on frontiers to defend the territory and to monitor movements of pastoralists. Permits akin to the modern visa were issued to people entering another land. In the tomb of Khnumhotep, governor of central Egypt (from ca. 1865 B.C.), a band of foreign travelers are shown before the governor. An official presents him with a permit or visa, which spells out that there were 37 people from Syria-Canaan. At the key entry points of Egypt, forts would have issued such entry permits. Recent excavations in north Sinai have revealed a pair of such forts at Tell Hebua, located less than two miles east of the Suez Canal. Three miles southeast of the second Hebua fort is Tell el-Borg where I directed excavations between 1999 and 2008. There we uncovered two forts that guarded the road to Egypt between 1450 and 1200 B.C. The ancient Egyptians were very careful about who they allowed into Egypt.

The Israelites were well aware of the need to respect territorial sovereignty. After the exodus from Egypt, Moses and the Hebrews lived a nomadic existence for 40 years in Sinai. Since no country, not even Egypt in those days, claimed hegemony over the peninsula, the Hebrews could move freely and required no permission. But when they left Sinai, they needed to pass through Edom in southern Jordan, and permission of the host nation was necessary, as Numbers 20:14-21 reports:

“Moses sent messengers from Kadesh to the king of Edom: ‘Thus says your brother Israel … here we are in Kadesh, a city on the edge of your territory. Please let us pass through your land. We will not pass through field or vineyard, or drink water from a well. We will go along the King’s Highway. We will not turn aside to the right hand or to the left until we have passed through your territory.’ But Edom said to him, ‘You shall not pass through, lest I come out with the sword against you.’ And the people of Israel said to him, ‘We will go up by the highway, and if we drink of your water, I and my livestock, then I will pay for it. Let me only pass through on foot, nothing more.’ But he said, ‘You shall not pass through.’ And Edom came out against them with a large army and with a strong force. Thus Edom refused to give Israel passage through his territory, so Israel turned away from him.”

See full article at: https://cis.org/Report/Use-and-Abuse-Bible-Immigration-Debate

@Factfinder...no one is crossing through the Southern Border legally if they're not being vetted and their claims of asylum are not verified and millions pour over and through the southern border and are transported to various parts of the United States with zero identification or knowledge of who they are and why they've come. Who knows if ANY Christians are coming from the south....if they're of any "religious" affiliation, most would be Catholic and they're NOT Christian. My Bible demonstrates legal immigration and honoring other Nations borders, laws, traditions, customs...it's called assimilation.

Excerpt: Three important questions must be raised before one attempts to apply Israelite law to the modern situation: 1) Was there such a thing as territorial sovereignty in the second millennium B.C. when these laws originated; 2) Within that socio-legal setting, what was a “stranger” or “sojourner;” and 3) How does one obtain this status?

Regarding the first, the answer is unequivocal. Nations small and large had clearly recognizable borders, typically demarcated by natural features such as rivers, valleys, and mountain ranges, much as they are today. Warring Egyptian Pharaohs often claimed that they went on campaigns to widen or extend Egypt’s borders. Wars were fought over where boundary lines would be drawn, and forts were strategically placed on frontiers to defend the territory and to monitor movements of pastoralists. Permits akin to the modern visa were issued to people entering another land. In the tomb of Khnumhotep, governor of central Egypt (from ca. 1865 B.C.), a band of foreign travelers are shown before the governor. An official presents him with a permit or visa, which spells out that there were 37 people from Syria-Canaan. At the key entry points of Egypt, forts would have issued such entry permits. Recent excavations in north Sinai have revealed a pair of such forts at Tell Hebua, located less than two miles east of the Suez Canal. Three miles southeast of the second Hebua fort is Tell el-Borg where I directed excavations between 1999 and 2008. There we uncovered two forts that guarded the road to Egypt between 1450 and 1200 B.C. The ancient Egyptians were very careful about who they allowed into Egypt.

The Israelites were well aware of the need to respect territorial sovereignty. After the exodus from Egypt, Moses and the Hebrews lived a nomadic existence for 40 years in Sinai. Since no country, not even Egypt in those days, claimed hegemony over the peninsula, the Hebrews could move freely and required no permission. But when they left Sinai, they needed to pass through Edom in southern Jordan, and permission of the host nation was necessary, as Numbers 20:14-21 reports:

“Moses sent messengers from Kadesh to the king of Edom: ‘Thus says your brother Israel … here we are in Kadesh, a city on the edge of your territory. Please let us pass through your land. We will not pass through field or vineyard, or drink water from a well. We will go along the King’s Highway. We will not turn aside to the right hand or to the left until we have passed through your territory.’ But Edom said to him, ‘You shall not pass through, lest I come out with the sword against you.’ And the people of Israel said to him, ‘We will go up by the highway, and if we drink of your water, I and my livestock, then I will pay for it. Let me only pass through on foot, nothing more.’ But he said, ‘You shall not pass through.’ And Edom came out against them with a large army and with a strong force. Thus Edom refused to give Israel passage through his territory, so Israel turned away from him.”

See full article at: https://cis.org/Report/Use-and-Abuse-Bible-Immigration-Debate
    Yeah but your argument falls apart at the start. They're not coming across completely unvetted. You need to realistically look at the evidence. The border is being attended to. sky daddy led you wrong again. 
    Openminded

Yeah but your argument falls apart at the start. They're not coming across completely unvetted. You need to realistically look at the evidence. The border is being attended to. sky daddy led you wrong again. 

@Factfinder ;  YES...they're crossing without any vetting and that's the one BP sees...there are millions who never get confronted...there are approximately 8-million undocumented, unvetted, illegals in our Nation since Biden open the border...many are young, fighting-age men from Nations that hate our guts. I have "realistically looked" at the evidence....the border is completely OUT OF CONTROL. I've been there personally.

Senate Republican Conference

BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS IS THE WORST IN AMERICAN HISTORY
    HIS POLICIES CONTINUE TO MAKE IT WORSE
    KEY TAKEAWAYS:
    1. Under Joe Biden, America is facing the worst border crisis in our history.
    2. President Biden has undermined America’s border security and the integrity of our immigration
    system at every turn.
    3. Biden’s border policies are creating a growing national security crisis, and threatening the safety of
    Americans across the country.

OVERVIEW: BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS

A. America is facing a historic crisis at its southern border under President Biden.
    Under Biden’s immigration policies, illegal border crossings have soared to all-time highs.
    • In Fiscal Year 2021 alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection experienced 1.7 million encounters
    with aliens at the southern border, the highest number ever recorded in a single year.
    • That number does not include people who evaded border patrol officers.
    o According to the internal Border Patrol estimates from January through August of 2021, more
    than 273,000 migrants avoided apprehension and entered our country illegally.
    o These are new records.
    Fiscal Year 2022 is already sharply outpacing 2021’s record-breaking numbers.
    • U.S. Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz anticipates in the next few days, the U.S. will hit one million
    encounters with migrants attempting to illegally cross our Southern border since October 1.
    • That’s one million encounters in the last six months, outpacing last year’s record-breaking numbers.
    • Last month, CBP encountered nearly 165,000 illegal immigrants at the border.
    o That was the highest total for February in the Department of Homeland Security’s history.
    • For the last 12 months in a row, there have been over 150,000 encounters at the Southern border;
    eight of which broke records.

B. With Title 42 ending, Biden officials warn: a border surge is coming.
    Biden’s own officials are warning the crisis at the Southern Border will get worse as Title 42 expires.
    • DHS Office of Intelligence anticipates as many as 1 million immigrants could cross the Southern
    Border in 6 weeks if the Biden administration rescinds Title 42 in April.
    o Department of Homeland Security intelligence estimates 25,000 migrants are already in
    Mexican shelters just south of the border, waiting for Title 42 to end.
    o The number of people attempting to enter the U.S. illegally from Mexico is already rising, as
    migrants and cartels that smuggle people into the U.S. anticipate the coming change in policy.
    o "Intel stats [show that] there are tens of thousands just waiting in Mexico for it to end. [Border
    Patrol] capacity will be reached in a few days and we will be forced to release subjects on the
    street," a senior Border Patrol official wrote. "This will cause even more to flood across the border.
    We will see something we have never seen before. The border will be open for narcotics to cross
    since everyone will be processing."
    • Even Democrat Senators Mark Kelly and Kyrsten Sinema are telling President Biden not to end Title
    42, writing: “we urge you to continue providing additional border management and security resources
    to Arizona so that our border communities do not have to bear any unnecessary burdens from Title
    42 changes.”
    Senate Republican Conference

2. THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION HAS UNDERMINED AMERICA’S BORDER
    SECURITY AND THE INTEGRITY OF OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM AT EVERY TURN.
    A. Biden created this border crisis.
    In Biden’s first 100 days in office, he took more than 94 executive actions on immigration. Those
    actions included:
    1. Stopping the construction of the border wall.
    2. Attempting to halt deportations for 100 days.
    3. Suspending new enrollments in Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP, aka “Remain in Mexico”).
    4. Terminating Asylum Cooperative Agreements (ACAs) with Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador.
    5. Ending Prompt Asylum Case Review (PACR) for non-Mexicans, and Humanitarian Asylum Review
    Program (HARP), for Mexicans.
    Now he’s going even further.
    B. Right now, the Biden administration is actively eliminating almost every tool America has
    to secure our Southern border in the face of the worst border crisis in U.S. history.
    1. Biden’s new FY2023 budget proposes cutting border security funding.
    2. He’s ending Title 42.
    3. He’s fighting to end “Remain in Mexico” at the Supreme Court.
    4. He’s giving USCIS officials the authority to grant asylum to migrants who cross the border without an
    immigration court/judge reviewing that claim.
    a. This will likely lead to an increase in granting asylum to individuals with frivolous claims.
    b. Migrants who have their claim denied will still be allowed to appeal that decision to an
    immigration court and remain in the U.S. while the appeal is pending.
    5. He’s undermining immigration enforcement (ICE) in America with a flurry of bad policies, including:
    a. Rolling back the scope of DHS’s expedited removal authority.
    b. Limiting ICE’s immigration enforcement activities.
    i. In early March, the Biden administration released FY2021 ICE enforcement data after
    months of delaying the annual, public-facing report.
    ii. The report revealed the lowest number of removals and arrests in the history of ICE, while
    still omitting standard data that is generally included this annual report.
    iii. One ICE officer called the arrest and removal numbers “an acknowledgment that ICE
    officials are being paid not to do their job.”
    iv. Under Biden, ICE:
    1. Arrested 48% fewer convicted criminals
    2. Deported 63% fewer criminals; and
    3. Issued 46% fewer ‘detainer requests to other’ law enforcement agencies” in FY
    2021 compared to FY 2020.
    4. On deportations, ERO recorded “just 39,149 convicts removed in 2021 — down
    62% compared to 2020, when 103,762 convicts were ousted, and far below the
    pre-COVID rate of 2019, when 150,141 convicts were removed.”
    v. It’s little surprise the Biden administration was slow to release the FY2021 ICE ERO report.
    1. Deportations have dropped by 70 percent since the pandemic.
    2. ICE agents are averaging fewer than one arrest per month.
    These policy changes will be detrimental to America

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I don't dispute bidens border crisis. I disagree with broad statements like 'they're all un vetted' when that's just not true. 
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

I don't dispute bidens border crisis. I disagree with broad statements like 'they're all un vetted' when that's just not true. 

@Factfinder ; The can't vet them...these people have NO documentation..and many of the countries they're from don't have a record system that can be accessed to perform a back-ground check...these are not vetted, we don't know who they are for the most part yet they enter unencumbered, unvetted, while Nations are emptying their jails, their prisons, their insane asylums, and they're being dumped at our open, unsecure, southern border. 

Excerpt...

We’re told that those who enter our country illegally are “vetted” before they’re released into our communities, but what does this mean? Not much.

DHS agents can only check crime and terrorism databases from the U.S. or some allies. That doesn’t include most of the countries the current wave is coming from.

Americans must now live with thousands of unknown criminals with a significant chance of re-offending.

However, DHS agents can only check crime and terrorism databases from the U.S. or some allies. That doesn’t include most of the countries the current wave is coming from. There aren’t many Canadians walking across the Rio Grande, but plenty of Russians and Chinese are.

In the most recent border rush, DHS released hundreds of migrants into Yuma, Arizona. Yuma Mayor Douglas Nicholls claimed that the migrants “have been vetted” and so “there’s not people that are convicted of crimes that are being released.” If that's what DHS told him, it’s not true.

Nicholls said that the released migrants “have been vetted at least to the point where Border Patrol has issued them notice to appear papers wherever they end up living in the country,” according to the Daily Mail. He understands that those papers will begin an immigration process that will take many years before the migrant is either given asylum or (in most cases) ordered removed from the U.S.

At current rates, the chances of ICE enforcing that order is negligible. In the meantime, we get to find out more about who they all are.

Even assuming that the rate of felony convictions among the released population is similar to the U.S. national average, then we’re letting in hundreds of convicts a month. But anyone can observe that a high percentage of those being caught and released at the border are young men, whose rate of criminal behavior is above average among demographics everywhere.

Thanks to the 2 million migrants recently released, plus a couple million more “gotaways,” Americans must now live with thousands of unknown criminals with a significant chance of re-offending.

For example, ICE “removed a foreign fugitive wanted in Venezuela for murder” from St. Paul, Minnesota. They called this man, Daniel Alberto Arape Teran, an “unlawfully present noncitizen,” but that euphemism doesn’t change the fact that he’s bad news.

Teran was arrested in May 2022 after entering the U.S. illegally at Eagle Pass, Texas (where I visited last October). After this initial “encounter,” the Border Patrol would have “processed” him as I described above. If Teran’s face, fingers, or name had no match against U.S. criminal and terrorism databases, DHS would have considered him “vetted.”  https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/the-vetting-migrants-the-border-shouldnt-make-you-feel-safe

Pax­ton Issues State­ment on Cat­a­stroph­ic Ille­gal Immi­gra­tion Surge Orches­trat­ed by Biden Admin­is­tra­tion as Title 42 is Set to Expire

“The brutal reality of Biden’s immigration agenda should shock the conscience of every American. His policies allow monstrous gang members, terrorists, human traffickers, drug dealers, and violent criminals into our country and demonstrate that the President is willing to sacrifice American lives for his open-borders agenda. Furthermore, our public services, including overburdened schools, hospitals, and law enforcement, are saddled by the federal government with unsustainable costs as billions of dollars are spent supporting illegal aliens residing in Texas.   Never in our history has a president worked so flagrantly against the interests of our nation and the safety of our citizens. Title 42 is set to expire on May 11, yet Biden has refused to implement the proven ‘Remain in Mexico’ policy or other sensible methods of deterring illegal immigration. Instead, he has introduced and continued destructive policies with the full expectation that the chaos will worsen. This includes his unlawful ‘parole’ program that pre-approves huge numbers of aliens to enter the country, his ‘prioritization’ guidance that directed ICE to shield criminal aliens from deportation, his new overseas processing facilities to fast-track so-called ‘asylum seekers’ to fly directly into the United States, his collaboration with NGOs to guide illegal immigrants to the border, his provision of taxpayer-funded airplane tickets and other services to aliens while our own citizens struggle financially, and his complicity in the trafficking of minors forced to toil as indentured servants in dangerous jobs.  While no amount of suffering appears to dissuade Biden from his open-borders agenda, his routine violations of the United States Constitution open him up to accountability through the courts. I will continue to use every resource available to end his unconstitutional assault on our borders and sovereignty.”  

@RickeyHoltsclaw

That's what vetting does, it documents immigrants. And immigrants are being document at the southern border as we speak. Sure some are crossing illegally, human and drug trafficking occurs. I agree by the way, biden is reprehensible for letting it get out of hand. But it's not the end of the world. 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -   edited February 9
    Immigration restrictions are based on an outdated idea according to which people with different origins are fundamentally different. Indians, you see, grew up in India, not in the US, in a different culture, so it makes sense to vet them for compatibility before allowing them in.

Yet this view has proven to be dubious. Immigrants from India, China, Russia, despite having different cultural backgrounds, fill American universities with themselves and their children, build businesses and work the most intellectually demanding jobs there are. Meanwhile the biggest criminal group in the US is domestic African-Americans who, despite having grown up in this country, often live in their own communes with toxic culture. Nobody "vets" them, nobody wants to deport them.

Nor is there any vetting when it comes to people moving from city to city or state to state within the US. I have never heard of any proposals to institute immigration restrictions in Michigan so Indiana workers did not come and "steal Michigans' jobs". Culture in Indiana is different from culture in Michigan, but nobody seems to have any problem with that. And criminals from Indiana are free to enter Michigan without any documentation.

I think that dealing with "undesirable elements" should be done on the case by case basis and applied equally to domestic citizens and immigrants. This is the 21st century... Go to Manhattan and look around and listen - you will see people from all corners of the world and hear 20 languages at the same time. When you go to a Jewish bagel store run by a Chinese and a Nigerian, with Jamaican, Venezuelan and Australian families eating there - ask yourself, "Why do these people need documentation to come in here when I do not?"

Restricted immigration seems to be completely indefensible to me as long as the assumption that all humans have the same intrinsic value is held. And if that assumption is not held and something has changed in the Enlightenment-inspired philosophy behind the foundation of this country (upon which, might I add, immigration was not restricted at all), I would like to hear it.
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    jack said:
    Reagan was right. America has benefited tremendously from its historical welcome of immigrants and it uniquely prepared us for the challenges of the 21 century. Unfortunately, we seem to have decided to retreat into xenophobic fascism. It’s one of the stupidest moves we’ve ever made.

excon
    Legal immigrants are harmed by those who commit crimes to enter the country illegally.  The number of immigrants permitted in the US is determined by the number of both legal and illegal immigrants who come in.  This causes restrictions on the number of legal immigrants.  It sometimes means years of separation as  someone will come into the country and then has to wait years due to the number of unlawful entrants.

Do you think it is just to reward those who broke the law and came here illegally, and then committed numerous felonies when they obtained an illegal SS or green card, got a job, lied on an I-9 form, lied on e-Verify, engaged in fraud, forgery, and committed perjury when they used illegal ID to rent an apartment, buy a car, or open a bank account?  Do you think these felonies should be prosecuted, since if a citizen committed them they would be prosecuted?  Do you think those who commit felonies should be rewarded with citizenship?

It seems to me that those who support unlawful entry into the US, want the rest of us to ignore the criminal aspect and the many felonies that those who work illegally in the US commit.   You do realize that the average unlawful entrant commits dozens of felonies each year just to be able to live here, right?

See 

Most illegal aliens routinely commit felonies

RickeyHoltsclaw
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    Which white country are you going to flee to after you and your lefty mates have ruined the USA. jack?     I bet it won't be Israel?     Mossad probably keeps track of Jewish traitors and they won't let you in.  
  • jackjack 458 Pts   -   edited February 9
     You do realize that the average unlawful entrant commits dozens of felonies each year just to be able to live here, right?
    Hello just:

Nahh, that's FOX News talk..  Step away from the TV.  It's rotting your brain. You should be ashamed.

Du*de..  I remember a time when Johnny Carson bragged on TV about his illegal nanny.  He joked that when a Mexican got to the border, he saw two signs..  One said DO NOT ENTER.. The other said HELP WANTED.   They mowed your lawn, cooked your breakfast, picked your tomatoes, and they paid SS taxes but couldn't claim a refund because they were illegal.  Plus, they were generally all around fine people.  Years ago it was estimated that there were least 5 million of those people here.  It's probably around 20 million now.  

Recently, Trump told the House Speaker that he didn't want a bill passed that would FIX the border because it would help Biden...  So, they're not.  You have no room to talk.  You should be ashamed double time.

excon

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    jack said:
     You do realize that the average unlawful entrant commits dozens of felonies each year just to be able to live here, right?
    Hello just:

Nahh, that's FOX News talk..  Step away from the TV.  It's rotting your brain. You should be ashamed.

Du*de..  I remember a time when Johnny Carson bragged on TV about his illegal nanny.  He joked that when a Mexican got to the border, he saw two signs..  One said DO NOT ENTER.. The other said HELP WANTED.   They mowed your lawn, cooked your breakfast, picked your tomatoes, and they paid SS taxes but couldn't claim a refund because they were illegal.  Plus, they were generally all around fine people.  Years ago it was estimated that there were least 5 million of those people here.  It's probably around 20 million now.  

Recently, Trump told the House Speaker that he didn't want a bill passed that would FIX the border because it would help Biden...  So, they're not.  You have no room to talk.  You should be ashamed double time.

excon

@Jack,

According to the Department of Justice 

§ 1324a(a)(1)(A) makes it unlawful for any person or other entity to hire, recruit, or refer for a fee, for employment in the United States an alien knowing the alien is an unauthorized alien, as defined in subsection 1324a(h)(3).

75% of adult unlawful entrants have used a fake SS or Green card.  These are both crimes.

Falsely saying you are a legal citizen on an I-9 form is up to 5 years in jail.  

Using a fake ID on a rental agreement - 6 months in jail.

Using fake ID to open a banking account - up to 10 years in jail.

If you buy a car with fake ID that's a fraud charge 

Providing false personal information to e-verify is a crime punishable up to 5 years in prison.  

How many adult unlawful entrants do you know who have never worked in the US, have never rented an apartment, or bought a home, or who don't have ID?

It seems to me you want to pretend those crimes aren't happening.  Further, it is low skilled legal workers who suffer from illegal labor.  Obama's Civil Rights Commission on Illegal Immigration claimed it cost the average Black worker between $1,000 - $2,000 a year in lost wages.  

It just seems like some people don't care about the victims of illegal immigration and illegal labor.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    @jack

The Democratic Party is not any better on immigration than the Republican Party. They talk big, but when it comes to action, they make life of both legal and illegal immigrants exceedingly difficult. I came here during Obama's second term, and that was arguably the worst time since the first Bush's (junior) term to move into the US: long visa approval processes, insane H1B backlogs, contrived work authorization system, punishing H1B quotas... Trump actually improved some of these systems (for one, international PhD students upon graduation now play a much better "lottery" when applying for an H1B than before, when they had to bet everything they had on a ~25% chance of getting approved - otherwise having to leave the US quickly), although he also made it harder for employers of certain categories to justify hiring an international job applicant over a domestic one (as if anyone should have to justify hiring the best person for the job).

And when it comes to illegal immigration, both parties vocally oppose it, but practically are very lax on it, knowing that a significant fraction of their voters will come from those of them who manage to naturalize, or their children later. Democrats let them in, then trap them with employer accountability requirements. Republicans let them in as they work for farmers, construction companies and such, who predominantly vote Republican - but never give them a way to move up from there.

It is a huge mess, and you are being led on by lip service of one of the parties whose actions diverge from words.