frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should smoking and vaping be illegal?

Debate Information

I'm wondering anyone's opinion on this.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PutinPutin 106 Pts   -  
    Ok, so sorry if I sound like a grammer-Ukrainian but that's not how the word "an" is used, you should use an "a" instead. Also I love learning about new topics, so I'd love to hear what a vaping is. I've smoked cigars, I've smoked reefers, and I've even smoked a crackpipe or two in my day, plus I have an old tobacco pipe that I love very much, but I am not entirely sure as to what a vaping is. I assume that is some way of saying a vapepipe? Or is it a totally different device?
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -   edited February 9
    Vaping has reduced the number of people smoking cigarettes significantly.  Any one who thinks that weed should be legal and vaping should not, has been smoking too much weed to realize that they are for smoking.
    theinfectedmaster
  • theinfectedmastertheinfectedmaster 145 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Yes smoking and vaping definitely needs to be illegal because it's harmful to the environment.

Smoking and vaping definitely need to be illegal because both of them are bad for the environment. Smoking causes 7 to 10 times more air pollution than a diesel car engine, smoking produces 84,000 kg of carbon emissions, and smoking produces more carbon emissions than a diesel car engine. Vaping causes environmental harm by the nicotine spreading to other parts of the environment, especially when it spills.                                                                                                    By the way, I think smoking cannabis should be illegal, too because it causes air pollution.
    @Putin It was supposed to say and not an. I fixed it by the way.
  • PutinPutin 106 Pts   -   edited February 9
    @theinfectedmaster
    Your clumsiness made me write out a post asking about that, all for nothing. What do you have to say? I'm a very busy man, and you just took time out of my day that could have been spent running my country.
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    Smoking and vaping definitely need to be illegal because both of them are bad for the environment. Smoking causes 7 to 10 times more air pollution than a diesel car engine, smoking produces 84,000 kg of carbon emissions, and smoking produces more carbon emissions than a diesel car engine. Vaping causes environmental harm by the nicotine spreading to other parts of the environment, especially when it spills.                                                                                                    By the way, I think smoking cannabis should be illegal, too because it causes air pollution.
    SMH

Cigarettes produce 84 million tonnes of emissions (see here)  while car emissions are three billion metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions worldwide a year (see here)  
    theinfectedmaster
    @just_sayin Tonnes are metric tons. 84 tonnes is equivalent to 84,000 kg. I looked it up by the way.
    @just_sayin I was researching that that isn't true. They produce less carbon emissions than smoking.
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin I was researching that that isn't true. They produce less carbon emissions than smoking.
    I sited the actual output for you.  My stats are not theory but fact.  The study I assume you are alluding to was based on a closed room environment with a car using low emission fuel for a 30 minute period.  The study is essentially meaningless because it was not measuring actual overall output.  So if you are trapped in a closed room where someone has a car running for 30 minutes on low emission fuel or trapped in a room with someone who smokes 3 full unfiltered cigarettes in a 30 minute period you will breath in more emissions from the cigarettes, but as far as overall emission output, cars far exceed cigarettes.  
    theinfectedmaster
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster ;  Funny you should ask about smoking and vaping being illegal...I just returned from a medical check-up and the receptionist, at check-in, handed me a form to complete stating that insurance companies were requiring the information...I sat down and began completing the form and found questions related to smoking and vaping and alcohol consumption and no other medical information was requested. 

Apparently, insurance companies are going to begin differentiating between smokers, vapors, alcohol consumers and us teetotalers. The physiological detriments of smoking and drinking are apparently going to get expensive in the area of health and life insurance. 
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @Putin okay so if your been smcking cigars and dope and crack then vaping is a bit like Peter Pan compered to Ghengis Khan so your got nothing to worry about.
    theinfectedmaster
    @RickeyHoltsclaw well the thing is that mental health is the buzz word nower days. And I suppose that that is fare enough because mental and physical healths are both dependent on each other. So the next time you go to the Doctor and the receptionist gives yo a form it will ask a question like Do you have any serious mental illness such as believing in God.
    Factfindertheinfectedmaster
    @just_sayin ;cigarettes, but as far as overall emission output, cars far exceed cigarettes.  

But it’s just like all your other dum useless offensive arguments where you conveniently leave out things. Like for example the car also emits carbon monoxide and will kill you straight away.  

Just keep making your stu pid out of context offensive arguments and you’ll get nocked back each time. What a total dyke head.

Barnardot said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw well the thing is that mental health is the buzz word nower days. And I suppose that that is fare enough because mental and physical healths are both dependent on each other. So the next time you go to the Doctor and the receptionist gives yo a form it will ask a question like Do you have any serious mental illness such as believing in God.

@Barnardot ; @Factfinder ; @theinfectedmaster ; Subsequent 31-years serving in Houston's Police Department having policed some of the most violent and perverse neighborhoods in the United States, I can honestly say that 99% of the horror I interceded in, incarcerated, charged, testified against, were NOT those who possessed an abiding faith in Jesus Christ and conducted their life and raised their family respecting Christian principles/Biblical edicts.

Having to intercede in the lives of the demonically possessed/mentally-spiritually ill, being forced to use deadly force against the unfathomable evil while struggling with same in bloodshed and being required to be injected with vaccines against disease due bites and fights with these demonic hoards, diseases ranging from hepatitis to the Bubonic Plague ...I can testify that our society would be an infinitely healthier society if the overwhelming majority honored our Creator, Jesus Christ, by faith and lived and walked by the Holy Spirit and we trained our children in the ways of Biblical precepts and infused mores, norms, values, that under girded a sustainable and profitable and loving society through family and neighbors and a government that loved each other and honored our Nation founded upon Biblical values.

theinfectedmaster
    @RickeyHoltsclaw ;I can honestly say that 99% of the horror I interceded in, incarcerated, charged, testified against, were NOT those who possessed an abiding faith in Jesus Christ 

Well shore you would know that but let me ask you. How many of those un Christian 99% ers were coincidentally doing meth?

theinfectedmaster
    @Barnardot ;  Alcohol, drugs, were the core root of an overwhelming number of cases I was called to intercede in during my tenure on patrol. Subsequent to repeatedly responding to calls for service where families were being destroyed, wife abuse, child neglect, suicide...ALCOHOL and its abuse was the primary culprit...so much that that I stopped consuming it when my wife became pregnant with our first child...alcohol, police work, parenting...don't mix. Crack-Meth are unconscionable destroyers of lives...they're not even subtle...they destroy mind, body, soul, in addiction that is horror.