frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are Heterosexuals Being Discriminated Against In Sport?

Debate Information

Its really great that we see really great top womens sports teams playing football and they get the sponsorship and TV coverage.

But lets look at the realty of the situation here and look at whats really going on in the changing rooms and the toilets at the stadiums.

Mens teams have to use male changing rooms and male toilets and theres no doubt that there all hetero right? 

Yet look at the womens teams. Theres no doubt about it that they are all dikes and putting them all in womens changing rooms and toilets is like putting men in unisex changing rooms and toilets.

So the question is are men sportsmen being discriminated against and at a disadvantage by not being able to use unisex changing rooms and toilets compared with lesbians all being in womens changing rooms and toilets?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JoesephJoeseph 698 Pts   -  

Don't you just know this is one of Barmy Barnys " debate topics" ......the chicken plucker is giving out because some girl beat him in the local egg and spoon race in b-m f-ck  Appalachia .....probably his first cousin Aierilynn who he's married to ......
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    The issue is the harm it does to biological women.  They must unfairly compete with biological men who have greater muscle mass, are taller, are faster, are stronger, have greater lung capacity and who have larger hearts on average.  That's not fair to them.  If you look at website, https://boysvswomen.com/#/ ; you can see that high school boys who qualified for their state finals will typically beat the women's Olympic winners in their respective track and swimming events.  In many instances the Olympic winners would not even qualify to compete with the boys high school competition.   
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    I like US female swimmer Riley Gain's comment on one swimming event she attended.

She said that there was Lia Thomas, a 6 foot 4 male, in a women's one piece swimming costume, with a very obvious bulge in the front.    In another event, a female who claimed that she was a male was competing against males, bare breasted, in  a pair of Speedos.

She knew then that the patients had taken over the insane asylum.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -   edited March 27
    By this reasoning bisexuals are going to be advantaged relative to anyone else, since no matter what changing rooms they go to, there will be people they can be potentially attracted to.

I think it is a fallacy though, since being potentially attracted to someone does not imply being definitely attracted to them. For example, I happen to be "Asio-heterosexual", which means that I am attracted exclusively to Asian women. So, despite being heterosexual, I can go to a unisex changing room somewhere in Wyoming full of local women and not be attracted to anyone. On the other hand, I can walk through a crowded street in Hong Kong or Tokyo and see hundreds of women I am physically attracted to.

Take a lesbian woman. Do you seriously think that she is attracted to most women she sees? Especially in changing rooms of most gyms full of people with... less than stellar complexion? If anything, I would consider lesbian women or gay men disadvantaged, as they get to see a lot of members of the gender they are attracted to who to them are unattractive, which is arguably worse than seeing members of the opposite gender who are unattractive. Assuming you are heterosexual, think about which sight would disturb you more: a 400-pound obese guy, or a 400-pound obese girl?

I am lucky though: Asian women generally are in a great physical and intellectual shape. :p Asio-heterosexual privilege is very real!
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin ;The issue is the harm it does to biological women.

There is no doubt that we should keep womens and mens sports a part so that we have a level playing field lol. But all ready we see running and swimming relays where there are both men and women in the same team. So what I am saying is that convectional wisdom says that you dont put men and women in the same changing rooms because it would be inappropriate because I suppose they think that after a game the players are going to be all high on adrenaline and the hole changing room will become a mass orgy. Given that womens teams are just about all lesos you assume that there all going to be tunging each other the hole time in the changing room. But in realty I dont think they do. The properly wait until they get home which is there business any way. 

So say if they have unisex changing rooms I hardly doubt that the players are going to be doing each other like some people want to think. I think sports people are responsible enough that that sort of thing wont go on. And if say you are in a unisex changing room and you see one of your male mates stearing at a chick bending over and he gets wood then all you need to do is flick your towel at his doolie and that will make him come to his senses.

@MayCaesar ;I am lucky though: Asian women generally are in a great physical and intellectual shape. p Asio-heterosexual privilege is very real!

So if your in a mixed team and play another team in China and they have unisex changing rooms there then your going to find it real hard then lol :)

@Bogan ;I like US female swimmer Riley Gain's

Of course you do and its no surprise either because she is an extreme activist and homophobic. And anyone with more than half a brian knows that another word for extreme is wrong. So an other words if she did make such a comment like the patients taking over the assylum then she is only showing to the world what a sick half brained nit she really is. 

Mean while the rest of us descent fair minded people get on with our lives with out trying to think and say nasty things about people who are in a minority.

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1126 Pts   -   edited March 28
    @MayCaesar

I dont think changing in locker rooms is necessarily just about changing in front of people who are sexually attracted to you, I actually think its more about feeling more privacy undressing with others who have like anatomy.

In addition, it protects females who generally are physically the weaker sex from being physically overtaken in a space with few people and no cameras.