frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is "clinically proven" the same safety standard that Tested by The FDA offers??

Debate Information

Hello:

Nahh..  It's a marketing gimmick implying that "clinically proven" offers the same level of protection that testing by the FDA does..  It doesn't.  They're not even close.  One is actually tested, and the other is hyped. There are no standards defining "clinics".  I COULD build a "clinic" in my basement, test a couple of my friends, and then I can legally say, my product is "clinically proven".  

Do you know the difference???  It's snake-oil.  It's a trick.  It's a way to pull the wool over your eyes so they can sell you some hokus pokus..  Don't get sucked in.

excon
Dreamer

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DreamerDreamer 272 Pts   -  
  • JoesephJoeseph 699 Pts   -   edited April 1
    ARGUMENT TOPIC : ITS ASTONISHING THE LOYALTY AND TRUST AMERICANS PUT INTO A GANG OF CORRUPT CROOKS LIKE THE FDA.

I'VE NEVER HEARD AN AMERICAN ON HERE ATTACK THE FDA , IT SURE SEEMS LIKE THEY FEEL ITS UNPATRIOTIC TO DO SO WHILE THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE.

It's astonishing that Americans still trust the totally corrupt FDA who's part in the opioid crisis caused untold misery and continues to do so, not alone did the FDA help fuel the opioid crisis they also along with the American government covered for the Sackler family who were let away with basically murder.

https://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/article/how-fda-failures-contributed-opioid-crisis/2020-08

Scandal after scandal follows this shower of corrupt crooks who care nothing for Americans health as big business and profit take first preference 

For more than a century, the Food and Drug Administration has claimed to protect the public health. During that time, it has actually been placing corporate profits above consumer safety. Nowhere is this corruption more evident than in the approval of artificial sweeteners. FDA leaders' close ties to the very industry they were supposed to be regulating present a startling picture. Ignoring warnings from both independent scientists and their own review panels, FDA decision makers let greed guide their actions. They approved carcinogenic sweeteners such as saccharin, aspartame, and sucralose while simultaneously banning the natural herb stevia because it would cut into industry profits. This Article proposes two reforms that can end these corrupt practices and take industry out of the FDA. By strengthening conflict of interest regulations and preventing companies from participating in safety trials, the FDA will be able to gain the independence it needs in order to regulate the food and drug industries.

https://scholarworks.uark.edu/jflp/vol6/iss1/4/#:~:text=For more than a century,the approval of artificial sweeteners

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6058 Pts   -   edited April 1
    Clinical trials always precede the submission of a drug to the FDA for approval. However, obtaining said approval is a very long process, on average taking on the order of 10 years. Especially when it comes to startups or medications addressing urgent health issues, one rarely has this much time to spare while the employees are getting paid - so, assuming it is not illegal, the product can be put on the market before the FDA approval. By that time a large number of clinical trials may have been done and documented in peer-reviewed publications.

I run by one of the FDA headquarters every morning (about to go there now) and know several people working there. While they certainly do a very high-quality work, I do not think that the overall role of the FDA in this country is positive, and I certainly do not think that lack of the FDA approval should prevent someone from taking the medication with a good track record.