frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

So What About Trump Any Way?

Debate Information

Its all happened before and all ways goes on. JFK did a bimbo actress who couldnt even act. And Clinton made a mess of a bimbo capaigners dress. And Trump did a bimbo whore who could act.

So they all pay hush money. Its what high profile people do and they will all ways get mud thrown at them.

So Trump got done for covering up paying hush money. Like derr. This was hush money.

Was it a serious crime that he needs to get called a criminal any more than any one else who gets caught for speeding?

Do people who like to knock him ever consider what Trump has done for this country and how passionate he is about this country? And what have these people ever done for there country any way? 
Factfinder

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• FactfinderFactfinder 968 Pts   -   edited June 5
    People like Biden get away with a lot more than trump ever could. Where most politicians are cunning, Trump is an immature, petulant child in an old white man’s body with money. Exactly who liberals love to hate on for show. The one’s pulling the strings anyway. The liberal population themselves have indoctrinated minds for their ideological carrot much the same as the Christian right does for their favorite fairytale.

Barring a few exceptions it is Trump’s love and dedication for his country that pisses liberals off the most. One world government zealots want our constitutional republic brought down, mainly the constitution itself. Poor people are far easier to control than wealthy people.  Why else would they want loony bird people like full grown women who can’t define what a“woman” is in the Supreme Court? And attack the second amendment while at the same time publicizing fake “gun free zones” like schools so they can blame guns for what they set in motion. Of course top liberals will always have guns themselves. 

People just don’t want to accept that as long as people remain one issue voters and vote for people on that basis, those people will calculate how much loss, even life, is acceptable to obtain ideological goals.
    Barnardot
  • Delilah6120Delilah6120 38 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Its all happened before and all ways goes on. JFK did a bimbo actress who couldnt even act. And Clinton made a mess of a bimbo capaigners dress. And Trump did a bimbo whore who could act.

@Barnardot @Factfinder

Its all happened before and all ways goes on. JFK did a bimbo actress who couldnt even act. And Clinton made a mess of a bimbo capaigners dress. And Trump did a bimbo whore who could act.

So they all pay hush money. Its what high profile people do and they will all ways get mud thrown at them.

So Trump got done for covering up paying hush money. Like derr. This was hush money.

Was it a serious crime that he needs to get called a criminal any more than any one else who gets caught for speeding?

Do people who like to knock him ever consider what Trump has done for this country and how passionate he is about this country? And what have these people ever done for there country any way? 

1. JFK and Clinton were not misogynists. They did not claim  ¨I can do anything. Grab ´em by the ¨. Trump made a name for himself remember?
    2. The case against Trump was not the hush money OR the affairs. It was falsifying records to affect the outcome of the election. Illegal
    3. Yes, it was a serious crime. Influencing the election by attempting to falsify business records and hide evidence IS THE CRIME.
    4. JFK and Clinton actually WERE Presidents for ALL America - not just the 100% loyalists to them. They were actually qualified to be leaders.
    5. JFK and Clinton did not ruin lives of people. Trump ripped off his employees by not paying them what was negotiated. Then abused the judicial system in order to pay them much less. Several business went bankrupt and several lives were ruined. Because he has always been a greedy, white collar criminal.
    6. JFK and Clinton did not take babies and children from migrant parents during his Zero Tolerance rule.  Hundreds are still in the US while their parents were sent back to their countries. Biden is still trying to reunite them.
    7. JFK and Clinton did not give indefinite tax breaks for the wealthy while feeding the poor and middle class modest breaks that end in 2024.
    8. JFK and Clinton did not abuse their cabinet. Trump had the most turnover of any president due to chaos, deceit and lack of loyalty to trump.
    9. JFK and Clinton did not submit to Fascist leaders. Trump had a ¨love affair¨ with Kim Jong-Un, is unreasonably submissive to Putin, publicly adores Orbin.
    10. JFK and Clinton wanted to build upon NATO as they believed UNITY among nations is important. Trump wants to disband NATO and isolate as a white nationalist.
    11. JFK and Clinton did not DIVIDE this country. Trump (as a Hitler worshipper) divided us right away. Pitting two sides against each other. Why? Because a nation divided is one easier to conquer. 
    12. JFK and Clinton did not demonize the poor, the homeless, the migrants. He used them as scapegoats for his supporters to HATE on others. This gave HIM and his SUPPORTERS power.
    13. JFK and Clinton did not use gaslighting, lying, hating, bullying to win.
    14. JFK and Clinton did not strip health care from women.
    15. JFK and Clinton did not:  publicly mock women (grab ém by the , she would not be my type), publicly mock the disabled (grossly taunting a severely disabled reporter), disrespect Veterans (called them ¨losers and suckers¨, mocked McCain for getting caught as a POW, said while visiting Arlington cemetery ¨I don´t get it. What was in it for them.¨
    16. JFK and Clinton did not say ¨Migrants are poisoning the blood of our country.¨ A Hitler term.
    17. JFK and Clinton did not pit one side against the other - calling Democrats ¨Vermin¨ - another Hitler term.
    18. JFK and Clinton had strength of character. Trump´s only strength is his ability to manipulate his people to protect himself so he can rise to absolute power.

Last, but not least - His non supporters don´t want Trump because he is a dangerous, narcissistic populist who has bamboozled millions of vulnerable Americans. You and others. He is a fraud, a , a manipulating narcissist, an aspiring dictator and incapable of running this country. He is our next Hitler. 

I for one am sick of Trump supporters saying we just don´t like his personality. Duh. That´s a given. But it´s also outrageous, ridiculous and simple minded. Do we like him as a person? NO. We are vehemently against his presidency because we understand that a person with no character other than narcissism, power, control and greed is not worthy of the presidency.
  • FactfinderFactfinder 968 Pts   -  
    @Delilah6120

well since you failed to address any point that I made I assume we’re done.

as for your far left talking points about (JFK/Clinton) and Trump all exposed lies remain false and not worth addressing as they serve no purpose in reality.

Lastly, non Biden supporters settle for Trump because he knows what a woman is and understands basic biology i.e. the definition of a woman and doesn’t throw America under the bus for financial gain like the Biden crime family does. You know what you get with Trump where as Biden reflects sadly what the democrat party has become, the height of hypocrisy. Your ignorance is exposed as JFK was more to the right as a democrat than half the republicans of today are.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6173 Pts   -   edited June 5

Things like what you say is what pushes people to vote for Trump, Bolsonaro, Le Pen, Wilders and other anti-establishment folks. They have real concerns and hear someone finally voice them in public, disposing with all white-washing and political correctness - and instead of addressing these concerns in a better way, you resort to ridiculous attacks like calling Trump "Hitler worshiper", and "misogynist". Of course these people are going to want to have nothing to do with you - in fact, they will extract an extra enjoyment from your tears in November.

At this point, even I start thinking that Trump getting elected would be a pretty good outcome. If only so people feel free to discuss real issues openly because the president does. Everyone is sick of walking on eggshells trying to please self-righteous princes and princesses, so they do not have to hear their squeaky voice calling them nasty names. Maybe it is time for them to transition enjoying that voice, knowing that every time they hear it, they are getting an upper hand.

It used to be that guys in locker rooms kept talking crap about both men and women all the time, just like women in locker rooms do. It used to be that prying into those private conversations and then sharing them with others was considered intrusion in people's private lives. Perhaps it is time to turn the clock back and go there. Restore some light-heartedness in this country, so someone complaining about someone else being "misgendered" is perceived as a wacko, not as someone making a serious point deserving any attention.

The extent to which people tend to turn the blinders on when it comes to people from their "group" is quite astounding, is it not? It should not be difficult for anyone generally voting for Democrats to admit that Biden is just an incredibly incompetent and mentally unwell person, unfit to be president - just like it should not be difficult for anyone generally voting for Republicans to admit that about Trump. But for reasons that have always partially escaped me, people prefer to employ whataboutism, even though cleaning their own ranks from corruption and incompetence would objectively empower them.

I ran into this often back when living in Russia. Everyone knew that the Russian society was extremely corrupt, and the police and the government were doubly so. Yet whenever I suggested that, perhaps, Putin has contributed to this problem, people would say, "Oh, but did you forget how the liberals sold the country to the West in the 90-s? Putin is the one who got us out of that mess!" Sometimes I would entertain this (clearly false) assertion and say, "Okay, suppose he did. That was over a decade ago. What about now?" Then they would just turn it around and say, "And what do you want? Do you want us to be America? Have you seen Obama? No thanks".

Tribalism is extremely cancerous. It has always been alien to me - I have never associated with any groups or nations - so, unfortunately, I am ill-equipped to change tribal people's minds.

Delilah6120
    Argument Topic: Things like what you say is what pushes people to vote for Trump, Bolsonaro, Le Pen, Wilders and other anti-establishment folks

@MayCaesar

I was not aware of your loyalty to trump and your sensitivity to him being called names. It´s okay for you in nearly the same breath saying Biden is unfit and mentally unwell? Do you hear yourself?  Trump is a fraud. The majority of Americans know this. I am not avoiding the debate, I am just resigned to the apparent MAGA cult that has derived from his fraudulence. And that you say people that don´t defend Trump is what turns people away is silly. You mean if we don´t like Trump, you´re going to fight harder? Fight!!!!!
    Argument Topic: well since you failed to address any point that I made I assume we´re done.

@Factfinder

well since you failed to address any point that I made I assume we’re done.

as for your far left talking points about (JFK/Clinton) and Trump all exposed lies remain false and not worth addressing as they serve no purpose in reality.

Lastly, non Biden supporters settle for Trump because he knows what a woman is and understands basic biology i.e. the definition of a woman and doesn’t throw America under the bus for financial gain like the Biden crime family does. You know what you get with Trump where as Biden reflects sadly what the democrat party has become, the height of hypocrisy. Your ignorance is exposed as JFK was more to the right as a democrat than half the republicans of today are.

You didn´t make any points. Trump knows what a woman is? Is THAT an imperative issue in the minds of MAGA? He understands women? Sure, he understands he can grab ém by the , take birth control away, and demean them. He sexualizes his daughter. He cheats on his partners. Because Hunter has a dark past, then Biden is corrupt? Quite the stretch. Yeah, we know what we get with Trump. He will be supreme leader - a fascist. We don´t like fascism. MAGA! Might makes Right! Bully! Gaslight! Lie! THAT´S what gets the win. WIN! Control the libs!
    Argument Topic: @Barnadot @Factfinder

@Delilah6120

Trump is a criminal and a thug - always has been - and will always be with the help of MAGA. Keep supporting him. It will feel like a dog on a long linked chain. Every day a link gets taken out until he´s left with one chain link. Subjugated and enslaved.

So it´s okay to cheat on your wives and pay hush money? That´s how high--profile people act? And that´s okay with you? Guess we´re different.

AGAIN, Trump covered it up to affect the outcome of the election.

Because no one was physically harmed does not mean white collar crime should be dismissed.

What HAS Trump done for this country? Passionate? He´s passionate about power and money. 
    @Barnardot @Factfinder

Trump is a criminal and a thug - always has been - and will always be with the help of MAGA. Keep supporting him. It will feel like a dog on a long linked chain. Every day a link gets taken out until he´s left with one chain link. Subjugated and enslaved.

So it´s okay to cheat on your wives and pay hush money? That´s how high--profile people act? And that´s okay with you? Guess we´re different.

AGAIN, Trump covered it up to affect the outcome of the election.

Because no one was physically harmed does not mean white collar crime should be dismissed.

What HAS Trump done for this country? Passionate? He´s passionate about power and money. 

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6173 Pts   -   edited June 5

My point is that calling people names, instead of challenging their arguments, is pathetic and something that causes people resent you and vote against you and your candidates. It applies to Trump being called names, Biden being called names, and anyone else being called names. "Trump is a misogynist" is a kindergarden-level argument.

Even now, you attributed me "loyalty to Trump". Anyone who has been around here for a while would laugh at the sentiment: people used to accuse me of "Trump derangement syndrome". I do find it amusing how emotionally unstable people always see in emotionally stable people reflections of their fears and insecurities - but, amusing as it is, these people's moral authority claims must be fully rejected.

If you must know, in 2016 I wanted Hillary Clinton to win, and I still believe that she was a far better candidate. Knowing that people like you probably wanted her to win because she was a woman and opposed a "misogynist" more than anything else does not make me alter my position, but it does make me appreciate the value of them not getting their way, even if it means me not getting my way either. Sometimes it is better to burn your village down, than to cede it to the enemy.

And that is exactly what is going to happen. Like I said, everyone is sick of having to hear emotional outbursts of people like you and feeling the pressure to respect them. This is unsustainable, and eventually the bubble is going to pop. And the harder you push this nonsense, the harder you will get hit back. Perhaps, calling everyone you oppose a "white nationalist" and "misogynist", you will eventually get an actual white nationalist and misogynist government - and then you will get to appreciate what these terms really mean.
    FactfinderBarnardot
    Argument Topic: My point is that calling people names, instead of challenging their arguments, .....

@MayCaesar

As much as I know what you are telling me is (half) truth, I do not get anywhere, ever, with trying to debate trump. I honestly believe it´s a cult. I find myself trying to knock sense into a trump supporter. I know it does no good. But it´s like that itch I just cannot leave alone. I am compelled to scratch it. I appreciate your advice though. I am extremely concerned about our country. I am old. I have nothing to lose. I am concerned for my sons and my grandchildren being raised under authoritarianism. What I say comes from a place of concern and worry. Thanks for your thoughts. But it just does not change my opinion of trump. He is a fraud.
    Argument Topic: My point is that ....

@MayCaesar

I do thank you. And hope beyond hope that trump is not elected.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6173 Pts   -  

Of course not. Ask one of your sons or grandchildren to read your comments here and tell you if they invite people to change their minds or not.
  • FactfinderFactfinder 968 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

Think you're dealing with someone about as likely to hear a  perspective not their own as ricky is likely to read and understand atheist responses to religion. Null. LOL
    MayCaesar
  • BarnardotBarnardot 550 Pts   -   edited June 6
    @Delilah6120 ;So it´s okay to cheat on your wives and pay hush money? That´s how high--profile people act? And that´s okay with you? Guess we´re different.

Nobody says its okay and its not okay with me and if your trying to make out that your any different from people in high places then your from another planet. We all have our faults and weeknesses and we all do wrong. 

What is wrong is your extreme arguments. To you Trump is all the things you say because maybe you have a prejudiced hatred for him any way and that since your own view is so far out in space of course he looks like a num nut a hole to you. So weather you like it or weather you choose to accept it the thing is that what Trump does in the privacy of his bed room or on his kitchen bench is his business. Just the same as every other CEO, politician and President in this country. JFK literally had girls lining up out side his Oval Office for him to go out and select one on a daily basis and so did Clinton. So what, there misogynist pigs. That does not affect there ability to do there job does it? And they have there good sides and intelligent ides dont they? 

If you really want to keep on being hell bent on knocking people out of nothing else but prejudice and extremism you should consider that most people feel more comfortable with Trump being in office rather than some hormonal pedophile unpopular sour bitsh who is likely to push the red button when she gets one of her flushes.

• BarnardotBarnardot 550 Pts   -   edited June 6
    @Delilah6120 @Factfinder ;I honestly believe it´s a cult.

This is about what we are trying to respectfully tell you about.

Weather you accept it or not that sort of talk is an admission and definite red flag that you are deluded.

Argument Topic: obody says its okay and its not okay with me and if your trying to make out t

@Barnadot

Nobody says its okay and its not okay with me and if your trying to make out that your any different from people in high places then your from another planet. We all have our faults and weeknesses and we all do wrong. 

What is wrong is your extreme arguments. To you Trump is all the things you say because maybe you have a prejudiced hatred for him any way and that since your own view is so far out in space of course he looks like a num nut a hole to you. So weather you like it or weather you choose to accept it the thing is that what Trump does in the privacy of his bed room or on his kitchen bench is his business. Just the same as every other CEO, politician and President in this country. JFK literally had girls lining up out side his Oval Office for him to go out and select one on a daily basis and so did Clinton. So what, there misogynist pigs. That does not affect there ability to do there job does it? And they have there good sides and intelligent ides dont they? 

If you really want to keep on being hell bent on knocking people out of nothing else but prejudice and extremism you should consider that most people feel more comfortable with Trump being in office rather than some hormonal pedophile unpopular sour bitsh who is likely to push the red button when she gets one of her flushes.

I do not have a prejudiced hatred for him anymore than you or others in the argument have for Biden. Stop the flimflam. Perhaps it is my dislike for him that upsets you? Perhaps you are 100% loyal to him as he likes his people to be? Who said anything about what trump does in his bedroom? Misogyny is not Adultery. Not sure where you´re going with that comment. AGAIN, let´s put aside Trump´s adulteress behaviors. He was found guilty of falsifying business records to cover up hush money made to a porn star because if leaked, it could have changed the outcome of the election. That is illegal.

¨ hormonal pedophile sour ¨bitsh¨?  That´s quite the assertion you make.

And again, you are defending trump vehemently and say that nobody knows all the good things he´s done. Please tell me all the good things he´s done.

Argument Topic: People like Biden get away with a lot more than trump ever could. Where most politicians are cunning,

@Factfinder

People like Biden get away with a lot more than trump ever could. Where most politicians are cunning, Trump is an immature, petulant child in an old white man’s body with money. Exactly who liberals love to hate on for show. The one’s pulling the strings anyway. The liberal population themselves have indoctrinated minds for their ideological carrot much the same as the Christian right does for their favorite fairytale.

So you think Trump is too immature and petulant to be cunning? I strongly disagree. He is extremely adept at finding his way around people, manipulation is his skill, and especially the judicial system. He´s been sued and has counter sued thousands of times. I believe his cunning is precisely his talent. His abuse of the American judicial system is outrageous. Why just look into how many times his former employees have sued him for lack of payment. And just look at how many times he has counter sued to avoid paying in full as he knew his workers must settle for less or else wait years for their money because he counter sues. He is cunning. Please read the article below.

“Trump saw litigation as being only about winning,” Zirin writes. “He sued at the drop of a hat. He sued for sport; he sued to achieve control; and he sued to make a point. He sued as a means of destroying or silencing those who crossed him. He became a plaintiff in chief.”

Barring a few exceptions it is Trump’s love and dedication for his country that pisses liberals off the most. One world government zealots want our constitutional republic brought down, mainly the constitution itself. Poor people are far easier to control than wealthy people.  Why else would they want loony bird people like full grown women who can’t define what a“woman” is in the Supreme Court? And attack the second amendment while at the same time publicizing fake “gun free zones” like schools so they can blame guns for what they set in motion. Of course top liberals will always have guns themselves. 

Nah. I have to strongly disagree with your assertion that liberals are pissed off bc of his love and dedication for America. Itś the total opposite. We´re pissed off bc Trump supporters actually believe he has a love and dedication for America.  I do agree that authoritarian governments want to take America down however like Russia, Hungary, North Korea. I believe that is precisely why Putin strongly interfered in the 2016 election and why Trump is so giddy with Putin. I find it silly really that the definition of a woman stumps you MORE than the hatred many have for LGBTQ.  I also find it silly that you´re riled about about ¨gun free zones¨ MORE than the lack of regulation of guns itself. Perhaps too much FOX, AON or Newsmax has fear mongered and hate mongered you up about these silly items that you find nefarious.

People just don’t want to accept that as long as people remain one issue voters and vote for people on that basis, those people will calculate how much loss, even life, is acceptable to obtain ideological goals.

I´m not sure what the above statements means? One issue voters to me are people who vote in favor of their wallets.
    @Barnardot

You are in a cult. Trump is the Cult Leader. 
    Argument Topic: Weather you accept it or not that sort of talk is an admission and definite red flag that you are deluded.

@Barnardot

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trumps-personality-cult-plays-a-part-in-his-political-appeal/

Sorry, but that is the consensus among non trump supporters. As much as liberals are the red flag, trump supporters and their vehement loyalty to trump is a huge red flag.
    Argument Topic: My point is that calling people names, instead of challenging their arguments, is pathetic and something

@MayCaesar

@MayCaesar

My point is that calling people names, instead of challenging their arguments, is pathetic and something that causes people resent you and vote against you and your candidates. It applies to Trump being called names, Biden being called names, and anyone else being called names. "Trump is a misogynist" is a kindergarden-level argument.

Look May, not sure what your gig is on this site. I find you´ve been helpful, but then you seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth. My point here is that Barnardot and Factfinder both use ad hominem tactics but for some reason you call mine out every time.

I do not challenge a trump supporter´s arguments anymore because it seems they are impervious to new information. What I find here is them protecting Trump with the most unusual form of loyalty for a president. I understand the silly loyalty we have for our favorite football team - all in fun and silly - but for a President?. It´s quite odd, and to me,  this smells like a cult. When I ask what Trump´s accomplishments are, I do not get a response. When I post much researched and proven and fact-checked items about Trump, they are merely disregarded and I get lambasted for being disloyal to him. Trump being called names? Yes both Biden and Hillary have been called names. Again, you address my tactics and not others. You say at one point, I must address my arguments with facts and sites, then in another debate you say you want opinions first. Something does not add up here.

And because trump supporters are called names, THIS is why they´ll vote for Trump? This is why they want to own the libs? They´re hurt and resentful? 

Well guess what?

Non Trump supporters did their due diligence before he was elected. They read about his dirty past, knew about his failed businesses, knew about his need for adoration and control, knew about his infidelities and deceitfulness, knew about his cultish personality and authoritarian tendencies and manipulation tactics. IMAGINE HOW RESENTFUL WE ARE.

Sigh. I must accept that voters have already made up their minds and it´s just too late to change anyone´s opinions. And then again, I´m so very fearful of a trump presidency that I feel it´s my patriotic duty to continue to stay involved. Democracy cannot sustain itself without citizen participation.

God help America and our grandchildren if Trump is elected.

• BarnardotBarnardot 550 Pts   -  
    @Delilah6120 Sorry, but that is the consensus among non trump supporters. 
    Sorry but you are a sandwich short of a picnic. You are spouting outright nonsense now and supporting it with a scam and extreme website that is so full of loony crap its not funny.
    Your best bet is to go to a shrink and get yourself sorted out. Your mind is completely in another world.

My point here is that Barnardot and @Factfinder both use ad hominem tactics

I have checked out our posts and neither of us has used any such tactics at any time. 

You are still making up a heap of extreme nonsense and quite frankly you should get the heck off this site. Its up to you. If you dont leave you are going to get kicked off any way.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6173 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

@MayCaesar

Look May, not sure what your gig is on this site. I find you´ve been helpful, but then you seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth. My point here is that Barnardot and Factfinder both use ad hominem tactics but for some reason you call mine out every time.

I do not challenge a trump supporter´s arguments anymore because it seems they are impervious to new information. What I find here is them protecting Trump with the most unusual form of loyalty for a president. I understand the silly loyalty we have for our favorite football team - all in fun and silly - but for a President?. It´s quite odd, and to me,  this smells like a cult. When I ask what Trump´s accomplishments are, I do not get a response. When I post much researched and proven and fact-checked items about Trump, they are merely disregarded and I get lambasted for being disloyal to him. Trump being called names? Yes both Biden and Hillary have been called names. Again, you address my tactics and not others. You say at one point, I must address my arguments with facts and sites, then in another debate you say you want opinions first. Something does not add up here.

And because trump supporters are called names, THIS is why they´ll vote for Trump? This is why they want to own the libs? They´re hurt and resentful? 

Well guess what?

Non Trump supporters did their due diligence before he was elected. They read about his dirty past, knew about his failed businesses, knew about his need for adoration and control, knew about his infidelities and deceitfulness, knew about his cultish personality and authoritarian tendencies and manipulation tactics. IMAGINE HOW RESENTFUL WE ARE.

Sigh. I must accept that voters have already made up their minds and it´s just too late to change anyone´s opinions. And then again, I´m so very fearful of a trump presidency that I feel it´s my patriotic duty to continue to stay involved. Democracy cannot sustain itself without citizen participation.

God help America and our grandchildren if Trump is elected.
    There is quite a bit of difference between how other people present their arguments, and how you do. You call people "MAGAs", "misogynists", "Hitler worshipers", accuse them of positions that they have not even expressed. That is a qualitatively different approach to conversations, than merely being intellectually dishonest and biased.

That is something that I observe in general: the most hardcore Trump supporters will generally go on podcasts with his opponents, and invite his opponents on their shows. Even someone as slimy as Tucker Carlson will have the decency to invite his political opponents to his show, and while he will interrupt them frequently and mock them somewhat, he will let them say their piece more often than not, and he will rarely lose this cool. Compare it to hardcore Democrats: they will rarely talk to their opponents at all, and when they do, they will just let their emotions flow and yell insults and accusations. Just look at Charlie Kirk's debates on campus: he will talk to anyone and will remain calm and composed, while his opponents will yell, call him terrible names, demand that he leaves the campus.

Part of it is that Republicans and conservatives intersect heavily, and conservatives tend to be less emotion-driven than the general population. Conversely, Democrats and "artists", for the lack of a better term, intersect heavily, and the "artists" tend to be heavily emotion driven.
    But it is more than that. People opposing Trump will go further than just behave like children - like you have behaved here on numerous occasions. They will actually demand that they are shut down, disallowed from speaking. Republican social events frequently feature many critics of the party; Democratic social events generally filter out potentially "disruptive" elements.

Now, put yourself in the shoes of a Republican who just holds regular liberal values (which, I believe, the vast majority of them do). He is not very political, just lives his own life - but he is not exactly on board with all the social changes that are happening in the society. So he says, "Hey, guys... Maybe getting millions of Mexican illegal immigrants here is a little... sub-optimal. No?" And instantly someone tells him, "You are a terrible person for suggesting that. Xenophobe! Mexican hater! Just a privileged white male who does not know his place!" And you get this attitude all the time, for saying the most innocent things. And the establishment in your own party? They also play the game and walk on eggshells, afraid of being called all those things.

Now someone comes in and says, "You know what? You are absolutely right, and your concerns are valid. Vote for me, and I will address them!" He says, "Hmm, I am not sure about this guy, he is kind of weird. But, at least, he is someone who talks about this, unlike everyone else. Maybe... I should vote for him!" And the response he gets is, "Really? You want to vote for a Hitler worshiper, a misogynist and racist? I always knew you MAGAs were scumbags!"

You do not need to be a genius to see how that can lead the person to pull the trigger and vote for the guy.
  • BoganBogan 455 Pts   -  
    What about President Trump?     Well, he is going to be re elected, probably in a landslide.     It should be obvious to even the most feeble minded Democrat supporter that the Democratic Party is totally corrupt, is seriously a threat to democracy by weaponizing the Justice System to interfere in elections, as well as attempting to censor free speech, the cornerstone of democracy.       One can only hope that when Trump is re elected he is going to put a lot of corrupt Bemocrats in jail. where they belong.     That is especially so with the entire Biden crime family.      This should give future Democrats pause to think again before they abuse their authority.