frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Sinai - Moses - Jesus and Eternal Life, what is the Truth?

Debate Information

Sinai was given specifically to Jacob's children and those who sought the protection of Israel's theocracy; this, a law covenant performed by Elohim through Moses as Elohim desperately sought to thwart a repeat of the demonic failures of the Adamic/Noahic generations who compromised with paganism to the point of necessitating human extinction save eight.

Elohim's reasoning for Sinai,

Elohim's motive through Sinai and Moses was to thwart Israel's compromise with the gods of Baal and Molech and their compromise with the pagan tribes that inundated the areas Israel would traverse en route to the Promised Land given to Abraham by Elohim via an unconditional covenant. Sinai is but a mere fragment of the comprehensive Spiritual Law written upon the heart which judges the angels and judged to death the Adamic/Noahic/Sodom-Gomorrah generations. Sinai, in no way, is sufficient for righteousness with Elohim nor does Sinai adequately address every moral decision confronted daily in this fallen World. Sinai is integral with a bygone covenant that provided a path to Messiah but was NEVER intended to the destination (Hebrews 8:7)

Sinai was given specifically to a sanctified group of people set-aside for Elohim's eschatological imperatives; namely, the introduction of Messiah through Judah in order that Messiah would "destroy the works of the Devil" (1 John 3:8b) through a battle strategy known as "the Gospel" which was ordained "before Time began" (2 Timothy 1:8-10). Sinai was an eschatological imperative of a bygone covenant that has faded away (2 Corinthians 3).

The Gentile and Sinai,

The Gentile was NEVER given Sinai or Moses or Torah or Days or Diets lest same sought inclusion in Israel's law covenant.

The Christian and Sinai,

Christians are therefore NOT obligated to Sinai-Moses-Torah-Days-Diets (Romans 6:14) but Christians serve a New Covenant of Grace and Faith established in the blood of Jesus at Golgotha (Matthew 26:28); a New Covenant where the comprehensive and infinitely superior Law of Conscience/the Spiritual Law (Hebrews 10; Romans 2:14-15; Jeremiah 31; Ezekiel 36) is written upon the heart, that Spiritual Law is arbitrated by the indwelling Holy Spirit via an enlivened and sensitive conscience of the New Creation in Messiah (2 Corinthians 5:17) as the Holy Spirit produces divine "fruit" (Galatians 5:16-23) through the redeemed in Jesus, fruit that fulfills all law and actually honors the Father (John 15:8).

A personal choice,

Therefore, I choose to serve Elohim through Messiah's Covenant established in His perfect and sinless blood and not a law covenant that pointed the Way to life but could never provide absolution from sin (Romans 8:1-4).

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 210 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEYHOLTSCLAW, OUR NUMBER ONE BIBLE FOOL OF THIS RELIGION FORUM!

Before I easily address all of your ungodly quote above that says you don't have to follow the Old Testament, then tell the membership why you don't have to follow the TEN COMMANDMENTS anymore?

BEGIN: 

Therefore Bible Inept Rickey,  are you going to put together a consortium of fellow dumbfounded pseudo-christians like YOU, to go around the nation and remove all of the 10 Commandment monuments like pictured below? YES?

EXPLAIN:

• BoganBogan 455 Pts   -  
    4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

What kind of an arsehole God punishes innocent children up to three or four generations?   
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 210 Pts   -   edited June 6
    @Bogan

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE ABOUT THE SERIAL KILLER GOD NAMED JESUS: "What kind of an arsehole God punishes innocent children up to three or four generations?"

ANSWER:  JESUS GOD!

The poor RickeyHoltClaw is running out of "Apologetic Books" as seen, because his wanting refutations are getting more "mumbled" and "child-like" with every post of his!  BUT, he knew deep down that someday it would come to the fact that he can't defend his Bronze and Iron Age faith of Christianity anymore!  Sad, isn't it?  :(

• FactfinderFactfinder 968 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You do know for a fact you're certifiable, right?
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -  
    @21CenturyIconoclast ; NO, the Sinai Commandments are a testament to our Creator's righteousness and holiness...these laws given Israel's children for sanctification and eschatological purposes...they are a focal point of the Old Testament and should be preserved.
    @Factfinder ; Because I possess the Holy Spirit and He, alone, is my Teacher.

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -   edited June 7
    @21CenturyIconoclast ; The children of godless parents, the defiled, suffer up to the third and forth generations by genomic and sociological reasons. The defilement of a parent as exemplified by atheism, queerdom, lawlessness, has ramifications for generations to come...not just the generation of the culprit.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEY'S QUOTE SHOWING HIS BIBLE DUMBNESS ONCE AGAIN!!!!:  "NO, the Sinai Commandments are a testament to our Creator's righteousness and holiness...these laws given Israel's children for sanctification and eschatological purposes...they are a focal point of the Old Testament and should be preserved."

WRONG BIBLE FOOL!  You are "trying" once again to get out of your bible -NESS, whereas your serial killer Jesus' TEN COMMANDMENTS are for pseudo-christians like you to follow today IN BEING ISRAEL'S CHILDREN, irrelative of your gods "righteousness and holiness" you BIBLE FOOL!  

When your bible ineptness posts Romans 7:6, you precluded that you don't have to follow Moses Old Testament laws anymore, GET IT BIBLE ?  Whereas, then you contradict Paul  by saying that the 10 COMMANDMENTS should be preserved!  H-E-L-L-O?  Anybody home today, NOT!

RICKEY AS BLATANTLY SHOWN AD INFINITUM, IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THIS RELIGION FORUM AND CHRISTIANITY, HIS FRIENDS, AND FAMILY FOR BEING SUCH A BIBLE DUNCE!

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Rickey, the number one bible fool of this Religion Forum, bar none,

YOUR BIBLE DUMBNESS CONTINUES  WITH THIS QUOTE OF YOURS:  "The children of godless parents, the defiled, suffer up to the third and forth generations by genomic and sociological reasons. The defilement of a parent as exemplified by atheism, queerdom, lawlessness, has ramifications for generations to come...not just the generation of the culprit." 

First thing BIBLE FOOL, show us where the scripture states with specificity where the "children" will only suffer with genomic and sociological reasons., because the verse in question to your quote above is stating this instead:

"The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation." (Numbers 14:18)

BEGIN:

This is a difficult one for you as commonsense is required but when a parent is deficient in morals and ethics they pass that deficiency on to their children through a process called modeling....just like your parents failed you and you've consequently morphed into a godless, atheist...
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -   edited June 7
    @21CenturyIconoclast ; Christians are not under Law or the Law Covenant (Romans 6:14), they live and serve by the Spirit (Romans 7:6)...the codified laws failed due the sin-nature (Romans 8:3) but the law of the Spirit of life sets me free from the failures of the codified law and Jesus is the Key to my freedom by faith (Romans 8:2).

@RickeyHoltsclaw

YOU RUNNING AWAY AGAIN FROM MY SIMPLE QUESTION TO YOU, AND YOU HAVING A SIMPLE MIND, SHOULD BE ABLE TO ANSWER IT!: 

First thing BIBLE FOOL, show us where the scripture states with specificity where the "children" will only suffer with genomic and sociological reasons., because the verse in question to your quote above is stating this instead: "The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation." (Numbers 14:18)

GET IT BIBLE DUNCE?

BEGIN: 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

YOU UNGODLY STATED THAT YOU ARE NOT UNDER THE OLD TESTAMENT LAWS: "For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace in Romans 6:14 which is herewith: "For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace"

1. In your above stupidity, you blatantly CONTRADICTED yourself when you said: "they are a focal point of the Old Testament and should be preserved."  Where in simple English "preserved" is to maintain (something) in its original or existing state, where you admitted the Old Testament laws are to be followed!  H-E-L-L-O?!
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/182257/#Comment_182257

2. THEN YOU PISS IN JESUS' FACE BY SAYING YOU DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW THE 613 OLD TESTAMENT LAWS QUOTE!: ".... but the law of the Spirit of life sets me free from the failures of the codified law and Jesus is the Key to my freedom by faith (Romans 8:2)."

LISTEN UP BIBLE DUNCE; Jesus stated this quote: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."  (Matthew 5:17-18) 

Has heaven and earth disappeared yet in history to be able to have the OT laws abolished? NO IT HAS NOT YOU BIBLE !  Therefore like Jesus stated, the Old Testament laws are still in effect today!

3. Furthermore, what part of these Jesus inspired verses don't you understand relative to you following the OT laws?

a. EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)  EVERY WORD includes the OT laws!

b. “But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” (Matthew 4:4)  The OT laws were spoken from the mouth of JESUS AS GOD!

c. Jesus replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” (Luke 11:28). The OT laws were heard by pseudo-christians like you as part and parcel to the JUDEO-Christian bible, AND ARE TO BE OBEYED!

RICKEY. JESUS H. CHRIST, YOUR BIBLE STUPIDITY AND CALLING JESUS A AS SHOWN ABOVE IS WITHOUT BOUNDS IN FRONT OF THE MEMBERSHIP!

@Factfinder

YOUR QUOTE TO THE BIBLE DUNCE RICKEYHOLTSCLAW: "You do know for a fact you're certifiable, right?"

Subsequent to Bible Slapping Silly®️ RICKEY, then I can only assume that when you said Rickey was "Certifiable" it meant CERTIFIABLE SCHIZOPHENIC! 

@21CenturyIconoclast You shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,  Deuteronomy 5:9

@21CenturyIconoclast ;  Sinai must be preserved as it demonstrates the holiness and righteousness of our Creator...it is historical and relevant.

• BoganBogan 455 Pts   -  
    @21CenturyIconoclast ;   ANSWER:  JESUS GOD!

Got that all wrong, ma-a-a-a-a-te.       Christians say that they believe in only one God.     Jesus makes two.      Christianity makes perfect sense, provided that you accept that 1+1 equals 1.      Don't even get me started on the Catholics and Mary, plus all the demi God saints.  
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -   edited June 8
    @Bogan ; 21CenturyIconoclast   Simply because one is too spiritually ignorant to understand doctrine does not make that doctrine irrelevant or false. Simply because your three-pound brain does not understand or believe our omnipotent Creator, does not make His words irrelevant.

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 210 Pts   -   edited June 9
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEYHOLTSCLAW ADMITS THAT HE HAS TO FOLLOW THE 10 COMMANDMENTS AND THE OTHER OLD TESTAMENT LAWS AS WELL, TOTALLYING 613 OF THEM:   "Sinai must be preserved as it demonstrates the holiness and righteousness of our Creator...it is historical and relevant."
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/182324/#Comment_182324

GREAT!  Then you admit that you have to follow the Old Testament Moses and Jesus' 613 biblical Old Testament laws!  See, that wasn't too hard for your inept religious brain to preclude, was it?
    Therefore, your outcome is to flush Romans 7:6 down the toilet that you blatantly showed in your initial post, because it does not relate to your acceptance now of ALL of the 613 laws of Moses and Jesus within the Old Testament!  :)

Good for you Rickey, you realized that you did not want to become a Christian to hypocrite towards Matthew 5:17-18, so you succumbed to follow all of the Old Testament laws, praise for you Rickey, and I am sure Jesus is happy for you as well, where you won't make yourself the total bible inept fool again upon this topic!

MEMBERSHIP:

I am sure Rickey embarrassingly apologizes for being bible ignorant upon this topic before he was easily "schooled upon it! "  Good boy Rickey!

@21CenturyIconoclast ; Torah Law was simply a roadmap to Messiah but same was NEVER the destination...Jesus is the Destination.
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 210 Pts   -   edited June 10
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

YOUR QUOTE GOING DIRECTLY AGAINST YOUR WORDS BELOW!!!:  "Torah Law was simply a roadmap to Messiah but same was NEVER the destination...Jesus is the Destination."
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/182342/#Comment_182342

YOUR PREVIOUS QUOTE WHERE YOU SAID THE OT LAWS SHOULD BE PRESERVED:  "NO, the Sinai Commandments are a testament to our Creator's righteousness and holiness...these laws given Israel's children for sanctification and eschatological purposes...they are a focal point of the Old Testament and should be preserved." 

WHAT PART OF THIS JESUS DIRECT STATEMENT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!:  “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."  (Matthew 5:17-18) 

Has heaven and earth disappeared yet in history to be able to have the OT laws abolished? NO THEY HAVE NOT YOU BIBLE DUNCE!  

Therefore, like Jesus stated, the Old Testament laws are still in effect today until "HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY" you bible ignorant fool!

How many times do you want to call JESUS A in Matthew 5:17-18 as he watches you doing so?!

"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable." Hebrews 4:13) 

@21CenturyIconoclast ; Torah Law was given Israel for sanctification and eschatological purposes...why are you concerned about Israel and the Law and Justice in the Old Testament....you will be judged by the law written upon your heart (Romans 2:14-15) and you will be adjudicated "guilty" for violations of that law as you have rejected your Messiah and the forgiveness He offers through faith in Him, alone (Revelation 20:11-15).

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 210 Pts   -   edited June 10
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

YOUR QUOTE OF DEFLECTION AGAIN BECAUSE YOU ARE TRYING TO "WEASEL OUT" OF NOT FOLLOWING MATTHEW 5:17-18!: "Torah Law was given Israel for sanctification and eschatological purposes...why are you concerned about Israel and the Law and Justice in the Old Testament"
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/182399/#Comment_182399

Seriously, does your family know in how BIBLE STU-PID you truly are?  You've been Satanically dancing around the fact that you are blatantly calling Jesus a in Matthew 5:17-18 in this entire thread!  Where do you get the authority to do this ungodly act towards Jesus?!
    EXPLAIN:

YOU are the one that needs to be concerned about Israel's 613 laws in the Old Testament, because you have to be a JEW in the first place to be a follower of Jesus, GET IT BIBLE DUMMY? Do you need to be "schooled upon this concept as well? Huh?

YOU ARE TO FOLLOW THE OLD TESTAMENT, PERIOD!

1. The Old Testament includes the Ten Commandments that you said need to be "PRESERVED!"

2. Paul said; “The law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good." (Romans 7:12)

3. Paul said; "I delight in the law of God” (Romans 7:22)

4. MOST IMPORTANTLY, Paul said: “keeping the commandments of God is what matters” (1 Corinthians 7:19).

^^^^^ ALL OF THE ABOVE RELATE TO THE OLD TESTAMENT 613 LAWS BECAUSE THEY WERE THE ONLY ONES IN EFFECT AT THE TIME, GET IT BIBLE DUNCE?!

If you are going to continue to be so GOD-DAMNED Bible inept in front of the membership, then I will just continue to give you more and more of your sickening Bible Morality propositions and let you continuously be embarrassed with them, whereas you cannot refute them and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, as you have embarrassingly shown the membership at this point!  LOL!

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -   edited June 10
    @21CenturyIconoclast ; The Scriptures are not parceled-out or void cohesion...the Scriptures are truly one-letter to you from your Creator with 66-broad chapters that cannot be broken. The New Covenant is the fulfillment of the Old Covenant and if you studied and understood this, you would NOT be a lost and vulgar and angry atheist. 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEYHOLTSCLAW, THE DUMBEST PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN THIS FORUM HAS EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT PART OF THIS JESUS DIRECT STATEMENT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!:  “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH DISAPPEAR not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."  (Matthew 5:17-18) 

Has heaven and earth ever disappeared in history, NO IT HAS NOT!

Therefore, the pseudo-christian like YOU who worships a  BABY AND INFANT killer Jesus god is to follow the Old Testament, period!

• FactfinderFactfinder 968 Pts   -  
    @21CenturyIconoclast ; The Scriptures are not parceled-out or void cohesion...the Scriptures are truly one-letter to you from your Creator with 66-broad chapters that cannot be broken. The New Covenant is the fulfillment of the Old Covenant and if you studied and understood this, you would NOT be a lost and vulgar and angry atheist. 

When you misinterpret the bible it is broken. When you claim "bad translation" you're saying it's been broken. When you claim the bible is "one-letter" when in reality it's 66 different books, not "chapters" each reflecting the culture of the times they are written in more prominently then the supposed god they are all written supposedly to inform about, then it's broken. 

What are some examples of failed Biblical prophecies - Quora

@RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEYHOLTSCLAW that has to be the most BIBLE STU-PID pseudo-christian on the internet, bar none!

YOUR ADMITTANCE AGAIN IN SAYING THAT THE PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE YOU ARE TO FOLLOW THE OLD TESTAMENT!!!:
    "the Scriptures are truly one-letter to you from your Creator with 66-broad chapters that cannot be broken."
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/182427/#Comment_182427

YES, good boy Rickey, you are coming to terms with your Bible ineptness in your initial post within this thread, where you stated that you don't have to follow the Old Testament laws anymore, and now you say you do in your quote above where the 66 chapters that are not to be broken you said, INCLUDE THE OLD TESTAMENT!  Priceless turnaround on your part! 

Me thinks that poor Rickey should have his family take him to a psychologist to be treated for obviously being Schyophrenic! How else can you explain his irrational delusions and hypocritical stances in his recent posts?

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -   edited June 13
    @21CenturyIconoclast ;  You have chosen irrelevancy, nihilism, in atheism...what you "think" has no true bearing on life in Time or Eternity...