frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Religion v. Christianity v. Atheism/Secular Humanism & Faith?

Debate Information

Religion is not based in faith...Religions like Islam, Judaism, Catholicism, are based in a works doctrine where the individual seeks a relationship with a particular deity via self-righteousness, efforts to conform to a set of rules or laws sufficiently in order to ingratiate themselves with said deity.

Christianity is the only "faith based" system in existence that teaches the truism that human kind is not capable of working or striving sufficiently to please Elohim (Genesis 1:1); this, due the Adamic sin-nature (Romans 5:12) but that Elohim, Himself, provides the Path to intimate relationship with Him through self-less love demonstrated by Messiah Jesus on a Roman Cross some 2000-years ago (John 3:16).

There are also demonically-rooted "religions" such as Atheism, Darwinism-Evolution and Secular Humanism which also display great "faith" in that they tout a rejection of any deity yet believe that all things present within the Realm of Time, all things present in nature, manifest from nothing which exploded...this is the greatest "faith" of all.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6202 Pts   -  
    What the heck is "evolution of molecules to man"? :D
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -   edited June 8

"Evolution from molecules to man" is quite different from "evolution of molecules to man". Molecules do not evolve to men, as far as I know.
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ; You're an atheist...anyone who believes in evolution is not worthy of serious discussion.
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 212 Pts   -   edited June 12
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEYHOLTSCLAW BELIEVES IN A BLOODY SERIAL KILLER GOD NAMED JESUS THAT COMMANDED THAT INNOCENT INFANTS AND SUCKLING BABIES WERE TO BE MURDERED!

"This is what the lord Almighty says: "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; BUT SLAY both man and woman, INFANT AND SUCKLING, ox and sheep, camel and  ox.” (1 Samuel 15:3)

As shown, Rickey is still RUNNING AWAY from this biblical axiom in the post/link below!
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/182489/#Comment_182489

RUN RICKEY, RUN AWAY FROM THE TRUTH ABOUT YOUR DEPLORABLE JESUS AS
    GOD WHO MURDERED INFANTS AND SUCKLING BABIES!

Factfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 1033 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ; You're an atheist...anyone who believes in evolution is not worthy of serious discussion.
    You're a theist...anyone who believes in mythical fantasy is not capable of serious discussion.
    @Factfinder ; I believe what the Scriptures tell me...you believe in absurdity...you're the loser, not me.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

I believe what the Scriptures tell me...you believe in absurdity...you're the loser, not me.

You lie. I do not believe in you or your imaginary friend.
    @Factfinder ; You do not believe in my Lord Jesus as you are dead spiritually, irrelevant in reality due your atheism and its insanity.

You're not worthy, period. 

Discover the Evidence for Gods Existence
    @Factfinder ;  My "worthiness" is found in Jesus; your unworthiness is found in Satan....
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Tinker bell called, he's mad you don't believe in it when there is far more evidence for it.
    @Factfinder ; Prove our Creator does not exist? Waiting.
  • JoesephJoeseph 814 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Yes we know you approve of slavery as recommended in the bible, your your point?
    @Joeseph 
    Slavery has been an institution of choice subsequent Adam...so what? Your obfuscation concerning a facade of outrage over Biblical slavery will not mitigate your culpability before our Creator at your Judgment. Jesus is the Key to Life.

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 212 Pts   -   edited June 18
    @RickeyHoltsclawJoeseph 

RICKEYHOLSTCLAW,
    the number one BIBLE INEPT FOOL and RUNAWAY of Jesus' words within this Religion Forum,

YOUR QUOTE TO JOSEPH THAT "OWNS" YOUR RELIGION BECAUSE OF YOUR EVER SO WANTING REFUTATIONS IN RETURN!:
    "Slavery has been an institution of choice subsequent Adam...so what? Your obfuscation concerning a facade of outrage over Biblical slavery will not mitigate your culpability before our Creator at your Judgment. Jesus is the Key to Life."

YES, Slavery has been an "institution of choice," therefore since your Jesus as god stated explicitly that slavery is accepted in your Bronze and Iron Age of thinking JUDEO-Christian bible, then why don't you have any slaves helping you out with your ungodly family?

RICKEY, how does it feel in 2024 where your Jesus as god still allows his JEWISH Creation to not only own slaves, BUT, WHERE JESUS SAID YOU ARE TO BEAT THEM HARSHLY as shown in this verse below!:

JESUS SAID: "And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." (Luke 12:47-48)

RICKEY, THE ATHEISTS IN THIS RELIGION FORUM EASILY OWN YOU AND YOUR PRIMITIVE BRONZE AND IRON AGE THINKING FAITH OF CHRISTIANITY, PERIOD!  ISN'T IT ABOUT TIME THAT YOU TAKE ANOTHER NEEDED "VACATION" FROM THIS RELIGION FORUM TO SAVE YOURSELF FROM CONTINUED FURTHER EMBARRASSMENT, WHERE YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE YOUR BIBLE STUPIDITY IS WITHOUT BOUNDS!  

@21CenturyIconoclast ;  Slavery is an institution that has existed subsequent Adam....the Scriptures don't hide this truism....Elohim honor's mankind's free will.
  • FactfinderFactfinder 1033 Pts   -   edited June 20
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Scriptures not only don't hide the truth of slavery, they endorse it...

Doesnt The Bible Condone Slavery Welcome To Crosspoint 50 OFF
    slaves-obey-masters
    Joeseph
  • tswordtsword 25 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder; says the one who believes in aphrodite. C’mon you believe in made up character from Percy Jackson. Try a better comeback!
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    @Factfinder ; The Scriptures hide nothing from you...the defilement of humanity if laid bare before you (
    Genesis 6:5) which accents the marvelous grace and compassion of our Creator toward sinful humanity in that He, Himself, gave Himself for us that we could be forgiven of sin and find life with Him eternally (John 3)....slavery is a human institution that has been extant subsequent Adam...our Creator used the institution for shelter and compassion for those impoverished and victims of war and famine...I trust in Him as He is omniscient. This is His World and He is free to do as He pleases...I will follow Him and trust in Him, Elohim.

@tsword

Percy Jackson didn't imagine Aphrodite. He is character in a fictional series. Much like the character Elohim in the fictional bible minus the perverted obsession with the foreskins on men's penises.   
    Joesephtsword
  • FactfinderFactfinder 1033 Pts   -   edited June 20
    @Factfinder ; The Scriptures hide nothing from you...the defilement of humanity if laid bare before you (
    Genesis 6:5) which accents the marvelous grace and compassion of our Creator toward sinful humanity in that He, Himself, gave Himself for us that we could be forgiven of sin and find life with Him eternally (John 3)....slavery is a human institution that has been extant subsequent Adam...our Creator used the institution for shelter and compassion for those impoverished and victims of war and famine...I trust in Him as He is omniscient. This is His World and He is free to do as He pleases...I will follow Him and trust in Him, Elohim.

I didn't say they did. The fact that you don't read truthful responses to your nonsense is proof positive your god only chooses the stoopid to follow it. God creates calamity then saves the dumb from itself. Your god doesn't hide that fact and fall for it hook line and sinker. Ever with you were as smart as me?

Pin on Beverly Cooper
    @Factfinder ; @Joeseph ; @Jack ; Elohim is in an unfathomable war with your spiritual father...things happen in war....Elohim does not need your approval...you are but rotting flesh prepared for the fire in unbelief.

@Factfinder ; @Joeseph ; @Jack ; Elohim is in an unfathomable war with your spiritual father...things happen in war....Elohim does not need your approval...you are but rotting flesh prepared for the fire in unbelief.

You sound just like another Christian in history...

Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord [p. 60]. Mein Kampf.

As an atheist how do you feel that Adolf Hitler was also an atheist If  Hitler was a faithful Christian do you think that WW2 could have been  avoided - Quora
    @Factfinder ;  Simply because your ignorant of history and Christianity gives you no place in Truth...you are void sustainability...you are spiritually ignorant and dying in your sin.

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 212 Pts   -   edited June 20
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

YOUR EXACT QUOTE IN ADMITTING THAT SLAVERY IS OKAY TO PSEUDO-CHRISTIANS LIKE YOU!:  "Slavery is an institution that has existed subsequent Adam....the Scriptures don't hide this truism....Elohim honor's mankind's free will." 
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/182981/#Comment_182981

You forgot to address your Jesus as god character, where he specifically stated that if you own slaves, YOU ARE TO BEAT THEM!!!

JESUS SAID: "And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." (Luke 12:47-48)

RICKEY, ARE YOU GOING TO DEBATE ME ON THIS TRAGIC SHOWING OF JESUS CONDONING IN OWNING SLAVES AND BEATING THEM, OR ARE YOU GOING TO RUN AWAY FROM THIS DISCUSSION AS WELL???!!!

WAITING!

@21CenturyIconoclast ;    I have no problem with Elohim's dictates concerning slaves in the Old Covenant.

@Factfinder ;  Simply because your ignorant of history and Christianity gives you no place in Truth...you are void sustainability...you are spiritually ignorant and dying in your sin.

While I agree Christianity gives you no place in truth I'm rather surprised you are admitting that. Bad cop days getting to your conscience?

3 Signs Christianity is Mythology  by The Wise Sloth  Medium
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 212 Pts   -   edited June 21
    @RickeyHoltsclaw ;

RickeyHoltsClaw, the number one Bible Stu-pid fool of this Religion Forum,

THE BIBLE DEBATE STARTS NOW ON SLAVERY THAT IS CONDONED BY JESUS AND THE JUDEO-CHRISTIAN BIBLE!

YOUR RUNAWAY REFUTATION TO THE MAIN TOPIC OF SLAVERY WHICH IS JESUS CONDONING SLAVERY IN THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS!!!:
      "I have no problem with Elohim's dictates concerning slaves in the Old Covenant."

Huh? You have no problem with how slavery is spoken about in the Old Testament here in the 21st century? WOW!
    So, you are okay in the way Jesus' inspired words as god wrote about how one is to treat their slaves in the OT as shown below?!  Really? 

1. “When a man strikes his slave, male or female, WITH A ROD and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money." (Exodus 21:20-21)

2.  “When a man strikes the eye of his slave, male or female, and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free because of his eye. If he knocks out the tooth of his slave, male or female, he shall let the slave go free because of his tooth." (Exodus 21:26-27)

3. Now these are the rules that you shall set before them.  When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing.  If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him.  If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master’s, and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the door post. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever." (Exodus 21:1-6)

4.  “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do." (Exodus 21:7)

Okay, you are now on record IN THIS DEBATE saying that you are just fine in the way slaves were treated in the Old Testament as you stated in your quote above:

Whereas as shown above, you agree today in the 21st century, that slaves should be BEATEN with rods, and if the master strikes the slave's eye and destroys it, that is okay with you, and you are additionally okay with HEBREW slaves being purchased for 6 years, and if the slaves wife had children, the master keeps said children and the wife, furthermore, if a man sells his daughter as a slave, that is okay with you!!!

I have just started with your complete Bible ineptness on Slavery, now it is your turn to "try" and refute what I have brought forth in making you the sickening pseudo-christian that you are in agreeing with Jesus as god in how he wrote about slavery above in the Old Testament that you agree with at the onset!  YOU ARE DEPLORABLE!

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Of course you don't you're a carbon copy of how a Stalinist would answers criticism of Stalin

@Joeseph ;  Prove it.
    @21CenturyIconoclast ; @Factfinder ; @Joeseph   You have commingled slavery and indentured servitude...study and learn the difference....I have no problems with either as they transpired under a Law Covenant, an era of pagan war, during a period of Time when Elohim was forging a Path for Messiah, the Gospel, the defeat of Satan at Golgotha and freedom from enslavement to sin and its death...but you don't understand this because you would rather seek appeasement for your debased and seared conscience as you clamor for death in Hell as opposed to actually studying the Scriptures and coming to a knowledge of the Truth. 

• JoesephJoeseph 814 Pts   -   edited June 21
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You have commingled slavery and indentured servitude...study and learn the difference

It's hilarious watching you actually deny what your god says in the filthy bible he even says not treat Israelis like that you fool....... imagine that Rickey says slavery is fine once his immoral god says so.....

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
    Factfinder
    Joeseph said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You have commingled slavery and indentured servitude...study and learn the difference

It's hilarious watching you actually deny what your god says in the filthy bible he even says not treat Israelis like that you fool....... imagine that Rickey says slavery is fine once his immoral god says so.....

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
    Oh but it's a loving god, you just have to appear stoopid before the world before one can understand is what ricky is trying to tell you. LOL
    Joeseph
    @Factfinder ; @21CenturyIconoclast ; Elohim is a Warrior God...His love comes with conditions...you have violated those conditions and you are therefore His enemy by your own free will choice. Human slavery is a man-made institution that Elohim tolerates as His eschatological objectives are infinitely greater than man's sin and narcissism.

@Factfinder

The guy is an utter buffoon like who the f- ck uses the term eschatological in conversation except a raging loon.
    Factfinder
    @Joeseph

He thinks it makes him look smart. LOL
    Joeseph
    @Factfinder ; @Joeseph ; I have Jesus, you have Satan...the only "smart" is that which honors our Creator by faith and lives by the Spirit in Christian sanctification...all other roads are death in Hell.

@Factfinder ; @Joeseph ; I have Jesus, you have Satan...the only "smart" is that which honors our Creator by faith and lives by the Spirit in Christian sanctification...all other roads are death in Hell.

Your get out of free card may get you out of hell, but your conscience knows what you did as a dirty cop in Houston. Theist.
    Joeseph
    @Factfinder @Ricke@RickeyHoltsclaw

So what exactly did you do as a dirty cop in Houston "christian"? Why are you running , shame?
    Factfinder
    It is ironic that we are using the 21st century technology to talk to 1st century barbarians.
    JoesephFactfinder
    Joeseph said:
    @Factfinder @Ricke@RickeyHoltsclaw

So what exactly did you do as a dirty cop in Houston "christian"? Why are you running , shame?
    He's always vague when it comes to that little detail. Rambles on about them being atheists and he knew they were criminals and atheists without using discernment before getting emotionally upset at not having a credible answer.
    @Factfinder ;  Bring forth the specific allegations...
    @Factfinder

Right , loud and clear a bent cop full of vicious hatred against others who's only crime was not to believe in his sky daddy .....what a piece of work
  • FactfinderFactfinder 1033 Pts   -   edited June 23
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You said you were a bad cop who didn’t use discernment in atheist neighborhoods that you went to all the time. Called the people in those neighborhoods turds. How about you honestly confess what you did? All the way? 
    Joeseph
    @Factfinder

This should be good
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -   edited June 23
    @Factfinder ; @Joeseph Never said I was a "bad cop" and discernment was always a top priority with due process and fairness of application a personal endeavor. Normal, everyday, police vernacular denoted the criminal element as "turds"...this is simply reality in police language. I find it odd how you seek to judge me for putting it all on the line for my fellowman when I must ask in response, what have you two done to serve and protect your community?
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 212 Pts   -   edited June 23
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

YOUR SPIN-DOCTORED SATANIC QUOTE RELATIVE TO SLAVERY IN MY POST LINKED BELOW REGARDING BIBLE SLAVERY!!!: "You have commingled slavery and indentured servitude"
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/183148/#Comment_183148

RICKEY, Wrong again BIBLE FOOL, the slaves in my post that you are running away from were NOT repaying their Jewish Slave Masters under any contract, because they were purchased by their Jewish "Slave Masters" to begin with as "property", therefore NO indentured servitude! GET IT? HUH?  MAYBE?

Indentured Servitude:  is a form of labor where an individual is under contract to work without a salary to repay an indenture or loan within a certain timeframe.

Therefore you are a LYING SOB again in front of Jesus (Hebrews 4:13), and you are a COWARD in running away from the truth in my post link above, and therefore you will pay upon your Judgment Day as the verse below by Jesus as god so states, praise your Jesus' revenge upon you!

But as for the COWARDLY the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, AND ALL LIARS, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

Rickey, tell the membership in how you now feel in being shown as a blatant COWARD and a L*IAR, where you will now go to the sulfur lakes of Hell upon your earthly demise as Jesus states in the verse above! ......  Ready?

BEGIN:

@Factfinder ; @Joeseph Never said I was a "bad cop" and discernment was always a top priority with due process and fairness of application a personal endeavor. Normal, everyday, police vernacular denoted the criminal element as "turds"...this is simply reality in police language. I find it odd how you seek to judge me for putting it all on the line for my fellowman when I must ask in response, what have you two done to serve and protect your community?
    No, this is what you said..."most of the neighborhoods I policed were atheist turds....not much discernment required" That describes a bad cop by the cop's own words in arrogant defiance because you hate those not stoopid enough to be like you, a fairy elf god worshipper. You can't lie your way out.
    Joeseph
    @21CenturyIconoclast ;  Again, the Scriptures hide nothing from you...slavery WAS and IS relevant to history and modern day and is articulated within the Scriptures...I personally have no problem with slavery in the Bible...it is what it is....I trust Elohim to know what He is doing. If slavery bothers you....that is your problem.