frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Got Polio?

Debate Information

How Long Does the Polio Vaccine Last and Do You Need a Booster  SELF
Me neither.

Thank you, science.
Factfinder

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• FactfinderFactfinder 1033 Pts   -  
    Amazing how many antivaxxers drive their cars to work on the cell phones dictating messages, hands free verbally who detest science when it comes to the health of their children.  
  • BarnardotBarnardot 556 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold ;
    Is science perfect? Yes it is.
    Do we some times get it wrong in using science to help us? Yes we do.
    But given that science is perfect we all ways know that were on the right track when we use it to help us.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 869 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Science Is Not Perfect

From the Gemini chatbot

Science absolutely depends on doubt, also known as skepticism. Here's why:
    • Questioning Established Ideas: Science progresses by constantly questioning existing theories and explanations. Doubt fuels the curiosity that drives scientists to seek new evidence and develop new ideas. Without doubt, science would stagnate and be limited by what is already known.
    • Testing and Experimentation: The cornerstone of science is the scientific method, which relies on experimentation and testing. Scientists design experiments to test hypotheses, and they expect those hypotheses to be falsifiable - meaning they could be proven wrong by new evidence. This inherent doubt about the absolute truth of any theory is what allows science to be self-correcting and constantly evolving.
    • Reproducibility: Scientific findings are only considered valid if they can be reproduced by other scientists following the same methods. Doubt in the initial results leads to further testing and verification to ensure the findings are reliable.
    • Critical Thinking: Science is not about accepting information at face value. Scientists critically analyze data, considering alternative explanations and potential biases. Doubt encourages this critical thinking, which is essential for drawing sound conclusions from evidence.

Doubt is not the enemy of science; it's a driving force. By constantly questioning, testing, and refining our understanding, science builds a more accurate and reliable picture of the world around us.

Barnardot
    @Factfinder ;Amazing how many antivaxxers drive their cars to work on the cell phones dictating messages, hands free verbally

Like how many? Are you saying that some one has actually stopped people driving there cars with there iPhones glued to there ears and ask them if there anti vaxers. 

Well I will be dog gone. Its totally insane what they ask in polls nower days.

Next thing you know they will be stopping people who pick there noses at traffic lights to ask them weather they roll the booger first before they flick it.

• FactfinderFactfinder 1033 Pts   -  
    Barnardot said:
    @Factfinder ;Amazing how many antivaxxers drive their cars to work on the cell phones dictating messages, hands free verbally

Like how many? Are you saying that some one has actually stopped people driving there cars with there iPhones glued to there ears and ask them if there anti vaxers. 

Well I will be dog gone. Its totally insane what they ask in polls nower days.

Next thing you know they will be stopping people who pick there noses at traffic lights to ask them weather they roll the booger first before they flick it.

Don't know. Didn't claim to know. Do you think there are none? Come on you know that wasn't the point anyway. I simply wanted to point out the fluctuating, selective standards applied by some people for acceptable scientific conclusions depending on the particular science in question. People use products derived from science routinely without thought yet something like a proven effective vaccine like polio and people actually would refuse it? It wasn't the scientific method I criticized, it was what peoples attitudes toward science can be that I criticized.
    @Factfinder ;It wasn't the scientific method I criticized, it was what peoples attitudes toward science can be that I criticized.

I know. I was only getting pedantic but your totally right there. In the end it all comes down to ignorance and fear and refusing to be told by others. Thats what anti vaxers are and you will find that they also have many more deep seated phobias just because they had bed wetting issues earlier on in life. So they live there lifes being total hypocrites.