The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!
The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!
Is binge watching TV shows a good idea? in TV SHOWS
Is binge watching tv shows a good idea? 73% of Americans and 9 out 10 US millenials binge watch TV shows  Binge watching is deeply embedded into out culture, with many watch on average 5 hours in a single sitting (A minimum of 3 episodes). Netflix has revealed that more than five million people have “binge-raced” (completed an entire series of a show in 24 hours) in 2017 so far alone. 
The days of rushing home to watch the latest episode of the latest show is now mostly a foreign concept. There are numerous benefits for binge watching including knowing the quality of the show, your own schedule, and something exciting to do during your commute.
However, is it a good idea though to immerse yourself in binge watching on regular basis? I will argue that it's not.
Binge watching TV shows actually has neurological impact to your brain. 
Below are top 10 reasons why Binge watching is bad for you.
1) Each episode has it's own story that needs nuances that need to be absorbed. If you are watching 5 episodes back to back then you likely will miss many of these important nuances.
2) Online discussion communities provide interesting insights about each episode. You mostly lose that opportunity if you just binge watch.
3) binge-watchers are more likely to report higher stress, anxiety and depression. 
4) You can't discuss latest episodes with your family, friends, and colleagues. You may also feel not updated on the latest buzz, since you are not watching the latest episode everyone if talking about by the water cooler.
5) You are always afraid to run into spoilers.
6) Binge watching takes away opportunity for you to theorize and really absorb those cliffhangers between the episodes. That takes away big part of enjoyment producers had in mind for you.
7) Binge watching effects your sleep, according to a study from University of Michigan and Belgium’s University of Leuven