frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What are the "religious tenets" of the "faith" of Atheism?

2»

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    MayCaesar said:
    @just_sayin

Well, I do not know about that. When you posted Penrose's argument, I took a couple of hours to dive deep into it and somewhat understand all the equations, hoping that you have done the same... Then I learned that you do not even understand the central claim of the Big Bang Theory, let alone the mathematical apparatus behind Penrose's argument. I am open to the idea that my understanding is severely lacking, but you are unlikely to be the one to demonstrate it to me. ;)
    May,  I'll remind you that when you claimed I took Penrose's calculation of the odds of the low entropy of the initial conditions of the big bang you said I made it up, and I provided you with at least 5 pages of his work to show I had not taken him out of context.  

I'll make a general observation.  You have spent more time in telling us how much you know about math and science, than in sharing any math and science in support of your points.  I encourage you to add some to your debate points.  
    GiantMan
  • FactfinderFactfinder 774 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

Science of the gaps responses are frequently given by atheists who display a type of faith in the very science that is saying what they believe isn't possible or likely.

Of course there is no such thing as science of the gaps, you know that. But you use it cause you think it's a dig at people who don't subscribe to to god of the gaps the way you mindlessly do. I just don't get why? If you're so doubtful and insecure about your faith, just admit it and go from there? You're argument is as dumb as if one of us demanded god dna to examine. We'd have no more reason to argue based on that special pleading because we wouldn't know how to identify god dna; anymore than you know what evidence of abiogenesis actually means to reputable academics in the field know. You wouldn't be able to understand or identify evidence that is crucial to the advancement of knowledge. Your special pleading 'we don't know so god did it' is childish at best.
    ZeusAres42
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -   edited March 18
    just_sayin said:

May,  I'll remind you that when you claimed I took Penrose's calculation of the odds of the low entropy of the initial conditions of the big bang you said I made it up, and I provided you with at least 5 pages of his work to show I had not taken him out of context.  

I'll make a general observation.  You have spent more time in telling us how much you know about math and science, than in sharing any math and science in support of your points.  I encourage you to add some to your debate points.  
    You know, I had a pretty long and well-written response to this. I even posted it. Then I thought for a bit when reading a different thread and remembered the old conclusion I came to at some point: nothing good can come out of an argument which has you say negative things about your opponent. And erased everything.

What you remember about my claims and your observation... let us just say, does not quite align with my memory and observations.
    FactfinderGiantMan
  • FactfinderFactfinder 774 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

Well I hope you don't think I'm taking my fist pump back!  :D
    MayCaesar
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited March 18
    @RickeyHoltsclaw 

++++++++++++++++++  MEMBERSHIP ALLERT REGARDING RICKEYHOLTSCLAW  ++++++++++++++++

The number one pseudo-christian bible stu-pid fool RickeyHoltsclaw used to post daily upon this Religion Forum, but as shown he hasn't posted for over a week now!  Because of his outright bible ineptness, and mythically and facetiously, do you think that Jesus as god has had enough of Rickey's bible stu-pidity and has prevented him from frequenting this forum now in giving Christianity a bad name?

As we have all known, RickeyHoltsclaw was a blatant false prophet to the word of his serial killer Jesus as god, where he couldn't address biblical passages that contradicted his, but to only RUN AWAY from them and hide!

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves." (Matthew 7:15)

I do hope that Rickey returns, and that is because I have so much more to prove in how ungodly of a pseudo-christian he truly is!!!

• elijah44elijah44 37 Pts   -   edited March 21
    @just_sayin man, I don’t want to debate your beliefs, but do you think that we would know everything? Just think about it, we are so small and insignificant to this giant universe, how the would we know everything?