frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

If you believed God asked you to kill someone would you do it?

1235»

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited March 6
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

YOUR LAME EXCUSE AGAIN TO NOT FOLLOW THROUGH ON YOUR JESUS AS GOD BEING AN ABORTIONIST:  "What am I running from, atheist...why not articulate your thoughts, if possible, in lieu of posting links and insults? 

JESUS AS GOD IN BEING AN OUTRIGHT ABORTIONIST IN HOSEA 9:11-16!!!!

With all of your BIBLE BABBLE “War and Peace” dissertation AGAIN from your Satanic “Apologetic Books,” relative to Hosea 9:11-16 in the following link shown below, was circumventing the FACT that Jesus as god is an ABORTIONIST!!! 

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/176098/#Comment_176098

JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS AS GOD (1 Thessalonians 2:13) SAID:

"The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, FOR THEIR CHILDREN WILL DIE AT BIRTH OR PERISH IN THE WOMB or never even be conceived. Even if your children survive to grow up, I will take them from you.  It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone.  I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre.  But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered oh Lord. what should I request for your people? I will ask for the wombs that don’t give birth and breast that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them.  I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions.  I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels.  The people of Israel are stricken.  THEIR ROOTS ARE DRIED UP; THEY WILL BEAR NO MORE FRUIT.  AND IF THEY GIVE BIRTH, I WILL SLAUGHTER THEIR BELOVED CHILDREN (Hosea 9:11-16)

YOUR SHORT ANSWER IN HAVING TO ACCEPT THAT YOUR EVER LOVING AND FORGIVING JESUS AS GOD WAS AN ABORTIONIST AND WILL "SLAUGHTER" BABIES IF BORN IN HOSEA 9:11-16 ....... IS:

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 159 Pts   -  
    @21CenturyIconoclast ; You're not well...Elohim is a warrior...If His tactics offend you...so be it...take it up with Him.
  • FactfinderFactfinder 777 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Why do you hate people smarter than you?
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Why do you hate people smarter than you?

@Factfinder ; You're not loathed due your lack of intelligence, but due your lack morals and ethics by association...you're an atheist, worthless.
    ZeusAres42
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited March 7
    @MayCaesar

If the Bible fool RickeyHoltsclaw actually followed his Bible's doctrine, then he would have to murder men that were gay, as shown in the image below! 

EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

@21CenturyIconoclast

If the Bible fool RickeyHoltsclaw actually followed his Bible's doctrine

We all know it's very obvious you have no reading comprehension and have no understanding of the bible. But do you realize how utterly foolish it is to take the moniker 'Iconoclast' while RESPECTING the christian bible enough to capitalize the first letter like it's some important persons name? Bwhahahahahahaha
  • @Factfinder

Well, I am glad you understand what tf @21CenturyIconoclast is talking about lmao. Becuase I got no clue. 
    Factfinder

@ZeusAres42

LOl 21century is really ticked at me if you hadn't noticed. Long story short. He made a boneheaded remark about what the bible says and what it means. He thinks in christianity only hebrews can be christians and not gentiles (every other ethnicity.) Well of course the bible is replete with both old and new testament verses declaring the promise of salvation god made with abraham also included gentiles that would believe and worship god as well as jews. Abraham was a gentile (Amorite) for god sake. But you can't teach 21century clown anything. Of course throughout scripture several stories concerning prophesies of the messiah, signs of and how the savior would be revealed are discussed rather poetically but if you're familiar with the canon of scripture it's understood in context pretty easily. He's stuck on a storyline that's concerned how the savior of the world would be proclaimed, thinking that god only plans to save the jews and no one else despite their faith in him. 

Yeah I know, dumb because NOTHING in the bible can be trusted. We're both atheists but he's arguing like a theist! Wanting to take scripture in one small aspect out of context and apply a final literal intepretation despite the well established overall mainline message of the bible, the savior of the whole world. 

What you responded to was me taking a jab at him. Ricky in his own way, correctly pointed to the difference between old testament law, and what believers are now under, new testament grace. 21Century doesn't understand the difference or how biblically they're both now applied so he wants ricky to stone gays. That's where you came in. I had to point out the hypocritical irony of his moniker (the destroyer of religous beliefs is how he sees himself) yet respecting the bible enough to capitalize the b every time he types it. Couldn't help it.  :) Think he and ricky are quite alike actually...
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited March 13
    @Factfinder

FACTDENIER,

YOUR BIRD BRAIN QUOTE TO MY BIBLE SKILLS: “We all know it's very obvious you have no reading comprehension and have no understanding of the bible.”  https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/176950/#Comment_176950

YOUR DUMBFOUNDED QUOTE RELATIVE TO PSEUDO-CHRISTIANS DON’T HAVE TO FOLLOW THE OLD TESTAMENT ANYMORE:  “Ricky in his own way, "correctly pointed" to the difference between old testament law, "and what believers are now under, new testament grace." 21Century doesn't understand the difference or how biblically they're both now applied so he wants ricky to stone gays.” https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/176959/#Comment_176959

FACTDENIER, Again in front of the membership, your BIBLE *TY has no bounds, case in point is the following verses at your laughable expense once again in front of the membership:

JESUS AS GOD SAID:  “For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled" (Matthew 5:18). 

HAS HEAVEN AND EARTH EVER PASSED AWAY YET, NO!

The “fulfilled” part of Matthew 5:18 and earth passing away so as NOT to follow the Old Testament laws anymore is described in this passage:

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.” (2 Peter 3:10)

HAS RECORED HISTORY SHOWN THAT THE PASSAGE ABOVE WAS ACCOMPLISHED WHERE THE EARTH PASSED AWAY WHERE IT MELTED WITH FERVENT HEAT AND BURNED UP? NO!!!

Therefore, when Jesus as God said that NOT on jot or tittle will pass from the Old Testament Laws till heaven and earth do pass away as described in Matthew 5:18 and 2 Peter 3:10, where the future example of the heavens and earth do pass away, the pseudo-christians are to directly follow the Mosaic laws of the Old Testament until Jesus’ Second Coming which has not happened yet!  UNDERSTOOD BIBLE FOOL? HUH?

Therefore to your chagrin and total embarrassment AGAIN, Rickey is to follow Leviticus 20:13!  GET IT DUMBFOUNDED ATHEIST? LOL!

NEXT BIBLE DUMB PSEUDO-ATHEIST LIKE "FACTDENIER" THAT DOES NOT KNOW THE BIBLE, AND THEREFORE MAKES THE CONTINUED FOOL OF HIMSELF, WILL BE ............?

@MayCaesar

If the Bible fool RickeyHoltsclaw actually followed his Bible's doctrine, then he would have to murder men that were gay, as shown in the image below! 

EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

@21CenturyIconoclast ; Irrespective of how I "feel" about the LGBTQ community, Christianity teaches love and tolerance and compassion hoping that some will repent and not perish in Hell. The Christian is NOT bound by Old Covenant Law.

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -  
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

ONE OF YOUR MOST DUMBFOUNDED BIBLE QUOTE OF ALL TIME!!!!:
      "Irrespective of how I "feel" about the LGBTQ community, Christianity teaches love and tolerance and compassion hoping that some will repent and not perish in Hell. The Christian is NOT bound by Old Covenant Law."
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/177023/#Comment_177023

How can your primitive Bronze and Iron Age Christianity teach love, tolerance and compassion towards the LGBTQ community when your Jesus as God states that ALL LGBTQ MEMBERS ARE TO BE PUT TO DEATH!!! YOU BIBLE IMBECILE!!!:

“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: THEY SHALL SURELY BE PUT TO DEATH; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13) 

“For this cause God gave them up into vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet . . . Who knowing the judgment of God, THAT THEY WHICH COMMIT SUCH THINGS ARE WORTHY OF DEATH, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them” (Romans 1:26-32)

RICKEY, once again you make the mistake in that you think all of the membership of this Religion Forum are as BIBLE DUMB AS YOU ARE, where you think you can get away from your Satanic apologetics to this topic, WHERE YOU CAN'T, EVER, when your Jesus as god says to murder the LGBTQ community as shown in the verses above!

RICKEY, DOES YOUR WIFE AND CHILDREN KNOW IN HOW BIBLE DUMBFOUNDED YOU ARE?

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited March 12

Poor RICKEYHOLTSCLAW doesn't know which way is up relative to this primitive JUDEO-Christian Bible!  Whereas, as shown in this thread alone, he is making a BIBLE FOOL of himself AGAIN, therefore, when will it ever stop?!!!

@RickeyHoltsclaw

TO FURTHER YOUR EMBARRASSING BIBLE INEPTNESS, THEN YOU HAD THE AUDACITY TO SAY THIS UNGODLY QUOTE!!!:  "The Christian is NOT bound by Old Covenant Law."  https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/177023/#Comment_177023

REALLY?!  HUH?  Then you are on record where YOU say that you don’t have to follow the TEN COMMANDMENTS, or the other commanded laws by your serial killer Jesus as god in the Old Testament Laws shown below?

1. Moral laws – on murder, theft, honesty, adultery, homosexuality, etc.
    2. Social laws – on property, inheritance, marriage and divorce.
    3. Food laws – on what is clean and unclean, on cooking and storing food.

Tell the membership in where you get the authority to NOT follow the TEN COMMANDMENTS along with the Moral Laws, Social Laws, and Food Laws of the Old Testament?

YOUR ANSWER IS:

Here, let me help your BIBLE INEPTNESS AGAIN, where your Jesus as god stated with specificity that you are to follow ALL OF THE BIBLE’S DOCTRINE, INCLUDING THE OLD TESTAMENT LAWS, PERIOD!

“But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” (Matthew 4:4)

Jesus replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” (Luke 11:28)

RICKEY, SERIOUSLY, DOES YOUR WIFE AND CHILDREN KNOW IN HOW BIBLE DUMBFOUNDED YOU TRULY ARE?

YOUR ANSWER IS: 

@Factfinder

FACTDENIER,

IN MY RESPONSE TO YOUR BIBLE INEPTNESS SHOWN IN THE LINK BELOW, YOU ARE STILL REMAINING "SILENT" TO IT! 

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/177021/#Comment_177021

Is your SILENCE because of the FACT that what you thought you knew biblically, YOU DIDN'T when I had to correct you AGAIN in front of the membership, therefore you are to embarrassed to respond? LOL!

Don't you worry, since you are my "student" I will continue to tutor you in correcting your BIBLE DUMBNESS in the future, where you can thank me later at that time, okay?

NEXT PSEUDO-ATHEIST LIKE "FACTDENIER" THAT HAS TO RUN AWAY FROM MY POST TO HIM SUBSEQUENT TO HIM BEING THE BIBLE FOOL, AND BEING BIBLE CORRECTED BY ME, WILL BE....? 

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Addressing your bible ineptness again in front of the membership as shown from your link below:
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/176285/#Comment_176285

YOUR BIBLE DUMBFOUNDED QUOTE AGAIN!:  This is the genealogy of Messiah through Mary via Heli as per Luke's Gosple, Chapter 3; v. 30 tells you that Messiah is from the Tribe of Juda via David." 

First off, I have bible slapped you silly on Jesus not being the messiah where you still hide from this FACT,  and Luke 3:28-38 is not Mary’s genealogy as you have been "spoon-fed" because at the beginning in Luke 3:23, it specifically states it is Jesus' genealogy, and in turn, it is Josephs genealogy and not Mary's as shown in the verse below: 

Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli, …….”   NOWHERE IS MARY MENTIONED IN THIS GENEALOGY, UNDERSTOOD BIBLE FOOL? 

RICKEY AND FACTDENIER, for your future Biblical knowledge so you won't be so god damned bible inept, in Jewish tradition, all genealogies are from the FATHER, and NEVER from the 2nd class woman mother as shown herewith:  “And they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by the house of their fathers, according to the number of the names, from twenty years old and upward, by their polls.” (Numbers 1:18)

THEREFORE LUKES GENEALOGY IS NOT, I REPEAT, NOT MARYS, WHERE YOU CONTINUE TO BE A BIBLE FOOL!!!

YOUR IRRELATIVE QUOTE OF JOSEPH'S GENEALOGY RELATIVE TO THE CELESTIAL IMPREGNATION OF MARY:   " Matthew's Gospel provides you Messiah's genealogy through Joseph; Jesus is from the Tribe of Judah through David."

HELLO??!!  Joseph's genealogy had absolutely NOTHING to do with Mary getting pregnant by him because Jesus' holy spirit celestially impregnated his own mother through "godly incest," not only to be her son, but his own father as well!  ROFLOL!  Therefore, since Joseph's blood line of David is moot because Joseph was the STEPFATHER of Jesus, and not the PATERNAL father of Jesus!  GET IT?

RICKEYHOLTSCLAW, ARE YOU ABLE TO HIDE YOUR OUTRIGHT BIBLE DUMBNESS FROM YOUR CHILDREN AND WIFE? HUH?

@Factfinder

FACTDENIER,

A  part of my biblically "tutoring" you as my student, is for you to copy and paste my biblical verses to be able to use them for the topics they represent at a later date, so as to show the membership that you are not so Bible in the future as you are NOW, understood? We thank you.

NEXT PSEUDO-ATHEIST LIKE "FACTDEINER" THAT ALSO NEEDS BIBLICAL TUTORING BECAUSE THEY ARE SO BIBLE INEPT AS WELL, WILL BE ....?

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    5 pages of discussions, and still no one believing in god has responded to the title question... Sad.
    ZeusAres42
    @MayCaesar

I sense the problem is if believers just said yes, people would think they're nuts. If people said no, then they'd be seen and perhaps would feel to be unfaithful. To say yes or no with an explanation would be to disobey their god as it tells them: 

Matthew 5:37 NKJV

But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

So the bottom line is none have the faith to answer the original question of the thread.

MayCaesar
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder

Well, saying "yes" seems to logically derive from the claim that morals are bestowed from god, so just saying plainly "yes" would not make a difference. Perhaps it is more that they are afraid of truly considering this question because deep inside they understand that their morals are not derived from god.

I have always suspected that, on some deep level, every religious person was deliberately lying to themselves. In this case the lie is just very obvious, but in many cases it can be buried very deep in the pile of philosophical arguments.

If someone truly tried following everything that any of the holy books in the world prescribe, they would quickly end up in jail or dead. I have pointed this out to people around here a few times, and they do not seem bothered by it.
  • MayCaesar said:
    5 pages of discussions, and still no one believing in god has responded to the title question... Sad.
    This makes me wonder along with other things I have noted here is that perhaps those of faith are the most succumbed by cognitive dissonance. Interestingly, however there are sincere people that have answered this question in some street epistomology interventions honestly. Once that was acheived they could move onto other topics such as how this would make this person feel, etc. 
    MayCaesar

MayCaesar said:
    This makes me wonder along with other things I have noted here is that perhaps those of faith are the most succumbed by cognitive dissonance. Interestingly, however there are sincere people that have answered this question in some street epistomology
     interventions honestly. Once that was acheived they could move onto other topics such as how this would make this person feel, etc. 
    Bingo. Cognitive dissonance is at the very heart of the issue. If someone is under a particular belief system they will revert to dogmatic responses as it's their security blanket. Street anomalies aside, epistemology to a believer is strained through the assertion god exists. That will always take precedence in their mind, till one day it doesn't. That's what I mean when I say we have no choice in believing, thereby effectively  destroying biblical concept of freewill. One day, any day, reason can take higher priority in the minds of those who are open to truth, facts and reality.
    MayCaesar
  • PorfirioDiazPorfirioDiaz 33 Pts   -  
    If you are religious you should know that Blasphemy is a highlighted unforgivable sin mentioned in the bible. Yep, ur going to hell man.
    @MayCaesar

YOUR QUOTE RELATIVE TO PSEUDO-CHRISTIANS NOT ADDRESSING THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD: "5 pages of discussions, and still no one believing in god has responded to the title question... Sad."

Whereas within the Bible, Jesus as god outright commanded his JEWISH CREATION ONLY to kill in his behalf, where even today they are instructed to do so as the passage states below:

"Some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him.  But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. And all Israel shall hear and fear and never again do any such wickedness as this among you." (Deuteronomy 13:7-14)

Therefore, the simple math is that pseudo-christians like the Bible fools "Just_sayin" and "RickeyHoltsclaw" are to kill Muslims if they try to pursuade them to worship the camel-humper god Allah, or the Jews trying to tell them to worship their god Yahweh, whereas in both cases, these are contradicting gods to the Christian faith!

Do you ever see a pseudo-christian actually following their JUDEO-Christian Bible in this instance shown above?  NO, you do not, and that's why they are called "pseudo-christians!"

@PorfirioDiaz

YOUR WRONGFUL QUOTE REGARDING THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN: "If you are religious you should know that Blasphemy is a highlighted unforgivable sin mentioned in the bible. Yep, ur going to hell man."

For the future I have to correct you, like I had to do with FACTDENIER, aka, FACTFINDER in many cases, and barring this fact, where the unforgivable sin is only blaspheme towards the "holy spirit" of Jesus in the Tribune Doctrine of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN IS HEREWITH:  "Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." (Matthew 12:31-32)

• ibadullahibadullah 20 Pts   -  
    If Ibrahim(as) was ready to sacrifice his own son for the sake of Allah, I would too.
    Factfinder
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    ibadullah said:
    If Ibrahim(as) was ready to sacrifice his own son for the sake of Allah, I would too.
    Like Hamas sacrifices Palestinian children used as human shields?
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited March 22
    @JulesKorngold

Do you think that "ibadullah" is a goat-herder muslim, where their pedophile Muhammed prophet married a 6 year old innocent girl named Aisha and obviously had sex with her!

Narrated by 'Aisha: I used to wash the semen off the clothes of the Prophet and even then I used to notice one or more spots on them (Sahih Bukhari 1:4:233)  https://www.iium.edu.my/deed/hadith/bukhari/004_sbt.html#:~:text=Volume%201%2C%20Book%204%2C%20Number%20233%3A,or%20more%20spots%20on%20them.