frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Reasons for your siding regarding the Israely and Palestine/Hamas Conflict?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JoesephJoeseph 697 Pts   -   edited March 26
    @ZeusAres42

The charge of genocide is borne out by the evidence.Last night the spokesman for the IDF said they are not stopping until ever last one of Hamas are eradicated how do you think they're going to go about that?

genocide
    noun
    1. the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.

Israel is engaged in a campaign of genocide.
  • @Bogan

A contradiction would arise if I had argued that Israel both should and should not defend itself under any circumstances, but advocating for a principled, cautious approach to how defense is conducted does not present any such contradiction. My argument rests on an attempt to navigate the moral and legal challenges of military engagement, advocating for actions that are both effective in defense and ethically responsible. That it is the essence of my position. That's a big difference between this and what you are accusing me of. 

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

If I remember correctly, you are Jewish, arn"t you Zues?    So, do you condemn the British, Americans, and Russians for not taking a " cautious and principled" approach when they accepted enemy civilian casualties in order to eradicate Hitler and his Nazi henchman?

I will say something for the Nazis.    At least their leaders did not purposely hide behind their own women and children to protect themselves.    They did not use hospitals for their hideouts.     And the Nazis did not hope that as many of their own woman and children as possible would get killed being used as human shields,  just to score morality points with out of touch, bleeding heart liberals like you

ZeusAres42
  • @Bogan

We are never going to be able have a rational discussion about this until you stop framing me as having positions that I don't have. If you are unsure what I mean something then ask for clarity.

PS your mention of nazi Germany is a false analogy. As well being another strawman and a kind of red herring. If you would like to discuss the violations of international law regarding world war 2 we can do that elsewhere but that is not relevant to this thread.

And no I am not a Jew. And Israel cannot be excused for the wrong doings they have done that are in violation of international law as stated by a whole bunch of countries across the globe. 

At the same time Hamas has been designated internationally as an official terrorist organisation and the global consensus is they must be dealt with accordingly. 

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited March 26
    @Joeseph

The charge of genocide is borne out by the evidence.Last night the spokesman for the IDF said they are not stopping until ever last one of Hamas are eradicated how do you think they're going to go about that?

genocide
    noun
    1. the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.

Israel is engaged in a campaign of genocide.

That does not constitute direct evidence of genocide. A dictionary definition of what genocide is, and the supposed opinions of a spokesman from the IDF regarding an officially recognized terrorist group by a plethora of civilized countries, including Ireland, will not suffice.

"DFA says claims Ireland refused to label Hamas terrorist group 'categorically false'

09/10/2023 | 16:03 PM  JAMES COX

The Department of Foreign Affairs has said stories about Ireland refusing to label Hamas a terrorist group are "categorically false".

Some Israeli media claimed Ireland, Denmark and Luxembourg took exception to using that phrase in an EU response. However, the Department has clarified and said that is not true.Hamas is listed as a terror organisation by the EU, as was agreed unanimously by Member States.In a statement, the Department of Foreign Affairs said: "In response to queries, DFA confirms it is categorically false that Ireland refused to agree a reference to Hamas as a terrorist organisation in the EU statement in response to attacks in Israel. Hamas is listed by the EU as a terrorist organisation, unanimously agreed by all MSs."In response to queries, DFA confirms it is categorically false that Ireland refused to agree a reference to Hamas as a terrorist organisation in the EU statement in response to attacks in Israel. Hamas is listed by the EU as a terrorist organisation, unanimously agreed by all MSs— Irish Foreign Ministry (@dfatirl) ;October 9, 2023

Irish-Israeli citizen Kim Damti was attending a music festival near the Gaza border when gunmen arrived at the site, and has been missing since the Hamas attack.

The 22-year-old's mother has spoken of her heartbreak as she waits for news about her daughter.

In an interview with ABC News, her mother Jennifer Damti, originally from Portlaoise, said her daughter had phoned them shortly after.

“Kim didn’t realise there was like seven or eight Toyota vans full of terrorists and they just shot everywhere,” she said.

“They just shot them, slaughtered them like ducks, and that’s the reason I’m here, ’cause I want the world to condemn this behaviour.

“I didn’t bring my children up to hate anybody.

“You can’t sleep. All I can think about is where she is, if she’s suffering, if she’s still alive. I just want her back,” she said.

“So many other mothers here today. I’m not the only one. Everybody is missing somebody.”"

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/dfa-says-claims-ireland-refused-to-label-hamas-terrorist-group-categorically-false-1536841.html

"Micheál Martin meets with Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem last month.
    ISRAEL AND PALESTINE

Irish Government says claim it refused to call Hamas a 'terror organisation' is false

Oct 9th 2023, 4:51 PM

IRELAND’S DEPARTMENT OF Foreign Affairs has said it is untrue that the Irish state refused to support the categorisation of Hamas as a “terrorist organisation” in the EU’s initial statement on the war between Israel and Hamas. 

A source has told The Journal that in reality, Ireland had called for a statement that asked for a de-escalation of hostilities on both sides. 

European news site i24NEWS yesterday claimed that the EU wanted to issue a “harsher statement” on the war, but Luxembourg, Ireland and Denmark refused to call Hamas a terror organisation in the statement. 

The tweet by i24NEWS containing the claim has been viewed 1.4 million times. 

The Irish Foreign Minister released a statement today clarifying that it is “categorically false that Ireland refused to agree a reference to Hamas as a terrorist organisation in the EU statement in response to attacks in Israel.”

“Hamas is listed by the EU as a terrorist organisation, unanimously agreed by all [member states],” the statement added. 

The Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs has similarly dismissed the claim. 

“[Denmark] firmly rejects the false information that Denmark should have objected to qualifying Hamas a terrorist organisation in negotiating an EU declaration. Denmark would never do that. Hamas is listed a terror organisation by the EU and Denmark has on several occasions referred to Hamas as such,” it said. 

Luxembourg has also denied the claims. 

The statement released yesterday said that the EU “condemns in the strongest possible terms the multiple and indiscriminate attacks across Israel by Hamas and deeply deplores the loss of lives.

“The EU calls for an immediate cessation of these senseless attacks and violence, which will only further increase tensions on the ground and seriously undermine Palestinian people’s aspirations for peace. 

“The EU stands in solidarity with Israel which has the right to defend itself in line with international law, in the face of such violent and indiscriminate attacks.

“The EU recalls the importance of working towards a lasting and sustainable peace through reinvigorated efforts in the Middle East Peace Process.”

Over 1,200 people have been killed in violence in Israel and Gaza in the worst outbreak of violence seen in the region since 2014. 

At least 700 people were killed in southern Israel when Hamas militants stormed out of Gaza on Saturday and attack Israeli settlements.

In Gaza, the health ministry in the Palestinian enclave said that “560 people were killed and another 2,900 injured” in Israeli strikes.

Following two days of retaliatory air strikes, Israeli Defence Minister has ordered a “complete siege” on the Gaza Strip."

https://www.thejournal.ie/ireland-israel-palestine-6190818-Oct2023/#:~:text=organisation' is false-,Irish Government says claim it refused to,a 'terror organisation' is false&text=IRELAND'S DEPARTMENT OF Foreign Affairs,war between Israel and Hamas.

Factfinder

• FactfinderFactfinder 774 Pts   -  
    So you’re using “genocide” in a positive way? Why didn’t you say so? Correct, Hamas must go.
  • JoesephJoeseph 697 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

That does not constitute direct evidence of genocide. A dictionary definition of what genocide is, and the supposed opinions of a spokesman from the IDF regarding an officially recognized terrorist group by a plethora of civilized countries, including Ireland, will not suffice.

Ahh got you so only definitions by certain spokespeople are acceptable , the spokes people being your preffered ones I take it.

What is the acceptable preferred definition of Geoocide that's preferable?

It's interesting you accused others of playing semantic games with definitions the other day and now you're attempting the same thing.

What has the article regarding the Irish government got to do with anything?
    @Factfinder

I felt I needed to get more background info on this from both sides as much as possible before trying to form an objective perspective as much as possible. 
    Factfinder

@Joeseph

Joeseph said:
    @ZeusAres42

Ahh got you so only definitions by certain spokespeople are acceptable , the spokes people being your preffered ones I take it.

What is the acceptable preferred definition of Geoocide that's preferable?

It's interesting you accused others of playing semantic games with definitions the other day and now you're attempting the same thing.

What has the article regarding the Irish government got to do with anything?

Your avoidance of providing sufficient direct evidence, along with your arguments regarding my supposed persona and personal biases, will not strengthen the persuasive power of your stance that Israel is committing genocide. As it happens, the global consensus states otherwise. While human rights bodies have acknowledged and criticized actions that violate international law, there is not one shred of evidence that genocide is being committed. Instead, there's detailed documentation and international concern over human rights violations and potential breaches of international law by Israel, particularly regarding its policies and practices in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT).

For instance, a report by the United Nations Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and Israel, outlines that Israel's occupation of Palestinian territory is considered unlawful under international law due to its permanence and the Israeli Government's de facto annexation policies. The commission highlighted the impact of Israel's policies on various aspects of Palestinian life, such as access to clean and affordable water, and the overall coercive environment intended to force Palestinians to leave their homes, thereby altering the demographic composition of certain areas. It concludes that some Israeli government policies may constitute elements of crimes under international criminal law, including the war crime of transferring, directly or indirectly, part of one's own civilian population into the occupied territory​ (OHCHR)​​ (UN News)​.

Amnesty International has also reported on Israel's practices that it argues constitute an apartheid regime, characterized by an institutionalized regime of oppression and domination against the Palestinian people. This includes massive seizures of land and property, unlawful killings, infliction of serious injuries, forcible transfers, and arbitrary restrictions on freedom of movement, among other actions. The report by Amnesty International underscores the significance of these issues within the context of international human rights and criminal law, suggesting that Israeli officials may be responsible for the crime against humanity of apartheid​ (Amnesty International)​.

While these findings and allegations are severe and demand attention and action within the realms of international diplomacy and law, they are distinct from accusations of genocide, which specifically requires evidence of intent to physically annihilate a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group, in whole or in part. The discourse around these issues underscores the importance of adhering to precise legal definitions and standards of evidence when making such grave accusations.

It's crucial, therefore, in discussions on this topic, to distinguish between different categories of international law violations and to rely on documented evidence and legal analysis. This ensures that debates and critiques are grounded in factual accuracy and contribute constructively towards addressing and resolving the documented human rights issues.

Laslty, Wanting to eradicate a specific militant or terrorist organization like Hamas does not equate to genocide. Genocide, as defined by the United Nations in the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948), specifically refers to acts committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial, or religious group. This definition emphasizes the targeting of people based on their immutable characteristics and membership in a protected group, rather than their membership in a political or militant organization.

Actions aimed at dismantling or neutralizing a militant organization are generally framed within the context of counterterrorism or military operations, which are governed by different sets of laws and principles, such as international humanitarian law and the laws of armed conflict. These frameworks are designed to regulate hostilities, protect civilians, and ensure the humane treatment of all individuals involved. It is crucial in discussions about counterterrorism or military operations to distinguish between these legal and ethical frameworks and the specific, legal definition of genocide.

Factfinder

@Factfinder

I felt I needed to get more background info on this from both sides as much as possible before trying to form an objective perspective as much as possible. 
    My response was meant for Joseph. Sorry for the confusion I’m on my phone.  LoL
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    To Zeus.

What the allies did to German civilians during WW 2 in order to exterminate the German Nazis once and for all, is not a false analogy and it is very relevant.    Unless your logic is " it's alright when we do it".

And when you say that "Israel's actions are a violation of international law".    Since when has defending your people from people who deliberately shoot civilians and rape women and children a violation of international law?

At the moment, many western countries have left wing governments beholden to Muslim minorities for electoral support.   But that is changing as more and more European countries come to their senses about the Muslim cancer that they have foolishly Imported into their societies.

Meanwhile, us racists can now say " We told you so."

What the allies did to the Germans in WW2, the Israelis are doing to the Muslims.    My own opinion is that Muslims are worse than Nazis.   At least the Nazis did not have child brides, were not contemptuous of women, did not kill Nazis who resigned from the Nazi Party, and did not consider anyone who was not a Nazi as their enemy who should be either mutilated or killed..

Why you go into bat for the very people who dispise you is beyond me?     Perhaps you could consider a verse from an Australian poem?

" I always thought how bloody strange to have this attitude
    Of awe for those who'd knock you down, then look for gratitude."
    ZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

One dirty debating tactics I am constantly confronted with is the old.....
    " Always imply but when challenged, deny" .

Correct me if I am wrong, but wernt you saying that the IDF was reprehensible for completing the task of exterminating HAMAS, because it meant bombing the "Palestinian" civilians who support HAMAS?    The very same HAMAS that uses their own civilians as human sheilds?

The clear implication is that you want HAMAS to survive so that it can make good on its threat to repeat its outrage on Israeli civilians "over and over again."

Returning to WW2, you can hardy feel sorry for German civilians killed in Allied bombing and Allied ground assaults, when the German people overwhelmingly supported der fuhrer and his psychopathic party.     I watched the video of that young German Jewish girl who was first captured, gang raped, murdered, then stripped naked and taken back to Gaza, where those lovely Palestinian civilians that you think so much of, spat on her naked body and mutilated her.

I don't know about you, but I find it hard to find myself feeling sorry for a bunch of violent and brutish civilians who now find that the boot is on the other foot , and they are now the victims of the people they clamoured for their army to attack.

ZeusAres42
  • @Factfinder

Fair enough haha.

• @Bogan

Please stop tagging me regarding arguments I never made and have nothing to do with me. A more appropriate tag for you would be @imagined opponent and imagined arguments. 

Thanks.

• @Bogan

In the context of defense against terrorism, the concept of collateral damage involves weighing the incidental harm that might occur to civilians and civilian objects against the military advantage anticipated from an attack. International law, particularly international humanitarian law (IHL), mandates that all parties to a conflict must distinguish between combatants and civilians, and between military objectives and civilian objects. Attacks should be directed only against military objectives, and indiscriminate attacks are prohibited. The principles of distinction, proportionality, and precaution underpin these rules.

The principle of proportionality is of utmost  importance when assessing the legality of military operations, requiring that the anticipated military advantage from an attack must not be outweighed by the expected harm to civilian life and property. This assessment demands a careful, case-by-case analysis before any military operation is undertaken.

Critiques of Israel's actions in its defense against terrorism often point to alleged failures to appropriately weigh this balance, suggesting that the measures taken have sometimes resulted in disproportionate collateral damage. For example, reports from the United Nations and other international bodies have highlighted concerns over the extensive civilian casualties and destruction of civilian infrastructure in Gaza. These include allegations of widespread destruction of homes, hospitals, schools, and utilities, as well as significant civilian casualties, including women and children (OHCHR) (OHCHR).

The use of explosive weapons with wide-area effects in densely populated areas has been specifically scrutinized. Strikes on places like the Jabalia Refugee Camp and Al-Yarmouk, Gaza City, which resulted in high numbers of civilian casualties and extensive destruction, have raised serious concerns regarding Israel's compliance with the principles of distinction and proportionality .

Moreover, the intentional or reckless disregard for these principles may amount to war crimes under international law. The situation is compounded by the blockade and siege of Gaza, which has been characterized as collective punishment, raising further legal and ethical questions .

Israel, for its part, has often stated that its military operations are aimed at defending its population from terrorist attacks and that it makes efforts to minimize civilian casualties. However, the scale of civilian suffering and infrastructure damage in recent conflicts has led to calls from international bodies for thorough, independent investigations to assess compliance with IHL and for accountability for any violations.

In summary, the crux of the issue lies in the complex challenge of conducting military operations against non-state actors like terrorist groups that operate within civilian populations. This challenge does not absolve states of their obligations under international law to ensure that all feasible precautions are taken to minimize harm to civilians.

The international community's calls for accountability, thorough investigations, and adherence to IHL principles reflect the need to balance the legitimate security concerns of states with the protection of civilian lives and property.

• JoesephJoeseph 697 Pts   -   edited March 27
    @ZeusAres42

Your avoidance of providing sufficient direct evidence, along with your arguments regarding my supposed persona and personal biases, will not strengthen the persuasive power of your stance that Israel is committing genocide. As it happens, the global consensus states otherwise. While human rights bodies have acknowledged and criticized actions that violate international law, there is not one shred of evidence that genocide is being committed. Instead, there's detailed documentation and international concern over human rights violations and potential breaches of international law by Israel, particularly regarding its policies and practices in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT).

You talk about people misrepresenting you and here you are misrepresenting me , there are 3 debates going on regards this topic i've posted link after link to the charges of genocide .

Your actually denying the fact that international agencies who make genocide claims haven't " one shred of evidence " that's what you're saying right?

Also the recent court ruling regards genocide charges has been made  on the basis of not  " one shred of evidence" , seriously?

What have i said regards your persona that you find upsetting?

Your "personal  biases" I asked you a couple of clarifying questions if you don't wish to answer them just say so , if it's the case then you just want to lecture me on the topic like the pro Israeli supporters on here  are intent on doing.im not interested,  if you're interested in a dialogue on the topic I'm interested.

Also where are you getting your global concensus from? Are Amnesty, the UN etc not global enough?

That also is a fallacious argument,  what in your mind is the accepted amount of concensus before genocide claim  is valid?

Amnesty international

Israel must comply with key ICJ ruling ordering it do all in its power to prevent genocide against Palestinians in Gaza

Today’s decision by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to order provisional measures in response to South Africa’s genocide case against Israel is an important step that could help protect the Palestinian people in the occupied Gaza Strip from further suffering and irreparable harm, said Amnesty International today.

An immediate ceasefire by all parties remains essential and – although not ordered by the Court – is the most effective condition to implement the provisional measures and end unprecedented civilian suffering.

Agnès Callamard, Secretary General of Amnesty International

The ruling issued by the ICJ ordered six provisional measures including for Israel to refrain from acts under the Genocide convention, prevent and punish the direct and public incitement to genocide, and take immediate and effective measures to ensure the provision of humanitarian assistance to civilians in Gaza. Crucially, the Court also ordered Israel to preserve evidence of genocide and to submit a report to the Court, within one month, of all measures taken in line with its order.

“Today’s decision is an authoritative reminder of the crucial role of international law in preventing genocide and protecting all victims of atrocity crimes. It sends a clear message that the world will not stand by in silence as Israel pursues a ruthless military campaign to decimate the population of the Gaza Strip and unleash death, horror and suffering against Palestinians on an unprecedented scale,” said Agnès Callamard, Secretary General of Amnesty International.

“However, the ICJ decision alone cannot put an end to the atrocities and devastation Gazans are witnessing.  Alarming signs of genocide in Gaza, and Israel’s flagrant disregard for international law highlight the urgent need for effective, unified pressure on Israel to stop its onslaught against Palestinians. An immediate ceasefire by all parties remains essential and – although not ordered by the Court – is the most effective condition to implement the provisional measures and end unprecedented civilian suffering

Human rights org.

"The Israeli government has simply ignored the court’s ruling, and in some ways even intensified its repression, including further blocking lifesaving aid.”

Other countries should use all forms of leverage, including sanctions and embargoes, to press the Israeli government to comply with the court’s binding orders in the genocide case, Human Rights Watch said.

Human Rights Watch found in December 2023 that Israeli authorities are using starvation as a weapon of war. Pursuant a policy set out by Israeli officials and carried out by Israeli forces, the Israeli authorities are deliberately blocking the delivery of water, food, and fuel, willfully impeding humanitarian assistance, apparently razing agricultural areas, and depriving the civilian population of objects indispensable to its survival.

Israeli authorities have kept its supply of electricity for Gaza shut off since the October 7 Hamas-led attacks. After initially cutting the entire supply of water that Israel provides to Gaza via three pipelines, Israel resumed piping on two of its three lines. However, due to the cuts and widespread destruction to water infrastructure amid unrelenting Israeli air and ground operations, only one of those lines remained operational at only 47 percent capacity as of February 20. Officials at the Gaza Coastal Municipalities Water Utility told Human Rights Watch on February 20 that Israeli authorities have obstructed efforts to repair the water infrastructure.

According to data published by OCHA and the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), the daily average number of trucks entering Gaza with food, aid, and medicine dropped by more than a third in the weeks following the ICJ ruling: 93 trucks between January 27 and February 21, 2024, compared to 147 trucks between January 1 and 26, and only 57 between February 9 and 21. A survey of impediments to the entry of aid faced by 24 humanitarian organizations operating in Gaza between January 26 and February 15 pointed to a lack of transparency around how aid trucks can enter Gaza, delays and denials at Israeli crossings and inspection points, and concerns about safety of trucks.

By comparison, an average of 500 trucks of food and goods entered Gaza each day before the escalation in hostilities in October, during which time 1.2 million people in Gaza were estimated to be facing acute food insecurity, and 80 percent of Gaza’s population were reliant on humanitarian aid amid Israel's more than 16-year-long unlawful closure.High-ranking Israeli officials have articulated a policy to deprive civilians of food, water, and fuel, as Human Rights Watch has documented. The Israeli government spokesperson said more recently that there are “no limits” to aid entering Gaza, outside of security. Some Israeli officials blame the UN for distribution delays and accuse Hamas of diverting aid or Gaza police for failing to secure convoys.

UN

A UN human rights expert says she believes Israel has committed "acts of genocide" in Gaza.

Francesca Albanese, the UN special rapporteur on human rights in the occupied Palestinian territories, presented her report to UN member states in Geneva on Tuesday.

But Israel has already dismissed her findings.

This comes amid growing international pressure on Israel to stop the war or to do much more to protect civilians.

Ms Albanese concluded that "there are reasonable grounds to believe that the threshold indicating the commission of the crime of genocide against Palestinians as a group in Gaza has been met".

The UN expert who concluded Israel was committing acts of genocide in besieged Gaza has received broad support at the United Nations, with countries speaking up to back her and her report.

Francesca Albanese, the special rapporteur on human rights in the Palestinian territories, told the UN Human Rights Council on Tuesday that countries should impose an arms embargo and sanctions on Israel.

Expanding in person on her report released on Monday, Albanese said Israel was characterising the entire Palestinian population in besieged Gaza as "targetable, killable and destroyable" and had ostentatiously laid bare its "genocidal intent" to "rid Palestine of Palestinians".

For instance, a report by the United Nations Independent International Commission of Inquiry on the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and Israel, outlines that Israel's occupation of Palestinian territory is considered unlawful under international law due to its permanence and the Israeli Government's de facto annexation policies. The commission highlighted the impact of Israel's policies on various aspects of Palestinian life, such as access to clean and affordable water, and the overall coercive environment intended to force Palestinians to leave their homes, thereby altering the demographic composition of certain areas. It concludes that some Israeli government policies may constitute elements of crimes under international criminal law, including the war crime of transferring, directly or indirectly, part of one's own civilian population into the occupied territory​ (OHCHR)​​ (UN News)​.

Amnesty International has also reported on Israel's practices that it argues constitute an apartheid regime, characterized by an institutionalized regime of oppression and domination against the Palestinian people. This includes massive seizures of land and property, unlawful killings, infliction of serious injuries, forcible transfers, and arbitrary restrictions on freedom of movement, among other actions. The report by Amnesty International underscores the significance of these issues within the context of international human rights and criminal law, suggesting that Israeli officials may be responsible for the crime against humanity of apartheid​ (Amnesty International)​.

You really need to read what Amnesty and the UN and Human rights org are saying cherry picking less damaging articles is hardly convincing.

While these findings and allegations are severe and demand attention and action within the realms of international diplomacy and law, they are distinct from accusations of genocide, which specifically requires evidence of intent to physically annihilate a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group, in whole or in part. The discourse around these issues underscores the importance of adhering to precise legal definitions and standards of evidence when making such grave accusations.

The charges of genocide are accurate and backed up by several human internationally respected organisations.

It's crucial, therefore, in discussions on this topic, to distinguish between different categories of international law violations and to rely on documented evidence and legal analysis. This ensures that debates and critiques are grounded in factual accuracy and contribute constructively towards addressing and resolving the documented human rights issues.

Yes.

Laslty, Wanting to eradicate a specific militant or terrorist organization like Hamas does not equate to genocide. 

You honestly believe bombing a country incessantly is the best solution to eradicating Hamas seriously? Hamas are holding the Israeli hostages so by bombing Hamas they are bombing their own people?

They don't even know where Hamas are why do you find this excuse in any way plausible?

Genocide, as defined by the United Nations in the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948), specifically refers to acts committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial, or religious group. This definition emphasizes the targeting of people based on their immutable characteristics and membership in a protected group, rather than their membership in a political or militant organization.

Yes so you agree genocide is happening if you accept what the UN are saying right as quoted above or will you now deny it?

Craig Mokhiber, a director at the United Nations, to resign over the organization’s “failure” to act against what he called a "text-book case of genocide." And in a Nov. 2 press release, a separate coalition of U.N. experts similarly expressed concern, warning that Palestinians were “at grave risk of genocide.”

Raz Segal, the program director of genocide studies at Stockton University, concretely says it is a “textbook case of genocide.” Segal believes that Israeli forces are completing three genocidal acts, including, “killing, causing serious bodily harm, and measures calculated to bring about the destruction of the group.” He points to the mass levels of destruction and total siege of basic necessities—like water, food, fuel, and medical supplies—as evidence.

He says Israeli leaders expressed “explicit, clear, and direct statements of intent,” pointing to Israeli President Isaac Herzog’s statement during an Oct. 13 press conference. In his statement, Herzog said, “It’s an entire nation that is out there that’s responsible. It’s not true, this rhetoric about civilians not aware, not involved. It’s absolutely not true,” Herzog said. “They could have risen up, they could have fought against that evil regime which took over Gaza in a coup d'etat.” (Herzog later said that he is not holding the civilians of Gaza responsible for keeping Hamas in political power, when asked to clarify by a journalist at the same press conference.) Segal says that this language conflates all Palestinians as “an enemy population,” which could help prove intent.

Many experts TIME spoke to noted that they were answering based on whether they believed that the actions against Palestinians would be considered genocide under a court of law.

Verdeja says Israel's actions in Gaza are moving toward a “genocidal campaign.” While he notes that it is clear Israeli forces intend to destroy Hamas, “the response when you have a security crisis…can be one of ceasefire, negotiation, or it can be genocide.”

City University of New York professor Victoria Sanford compares what’s happening in Gaza to the killing or disappearance of more than 200,000 Mayans in Guatemala from 1960-1996, known as the Guatemalan genocide, which is the subject of her book Buried Secrets: Truth and Human Rights in Guatemala. Mayans and Palestinians have both been subject to genocidal acts, she implies. “When we match them to the lived experience of people, there are similar circumstances…if we look at contemporary conflicts like the Israeli invasion of Palestine.” Sanford and Segal were two of more than a 100 scholars and organizations that signed a letter urging the ICC to take action given the “Israeli intention to commit genocide visibly materialising on the ground."

Actions aimed at dismantling or neutralizing a militant organization are generally framed within the context of counterterrorism or military operations, which are governed by different sets of laws and principles, such as international humanitarian law and the laws of armed conflict

Yes they are tell me how this plays out in real life? Maybe you could tell me how these " humanitarian laws" played out for Irish Catholics in Nothern Ireland or how the "laws of armed " conflict operate when israei forces target ambulances and trucks carrying food?

It's a great luxury to sit in a comfy armchair imagining  decent men following international rules of armed conflict and engaging in humanitarian works.

These frameworks are designed to regulate hostilities, protect civilians, and ensure the humane treatment of all individuals involved. It is crucial in discussions about counterterrorism or military operations to distinguish between these legal and ethical frameworks and the specific, legal definition of genocide.

Yes I know and how effective have they been?  That's a great term " counterterrorism " normally used by the dominant bully boy  nation  on  anyone percieved as the enemy , you rarely here the term "state terrorism" applied to countries entities like Great Britain or Israel do you?

Every pro Israeli person on here has demanded or hinted at the totally eradication of the Palestinians , they are of course majority American right wingers , I've no doubt if Trump is president he would sanction nuking Israel and Americans would whoop and holler like demented loons in delight.

@Joeseph

your tactics of misrepresentation never ends. 

No one called for the destruction of the Palestinian people. That’s not what pointing out the fact that they have some responsibility for their plight means. 

UN this UN that seriously? Were THEY there in the beginning? No. Does their survival depend on how well they can fight an enemy that truly does break every rule in the book? No. They go into a situation and see how much war is hell. Which is why civilized people try to avoid it, not recruit children to start them. The UN has no idea what it is to suffer bloody attacks repeatedly by enemies that retreat into civilian populations and don civilian clothing, into tunnels they paid civilians and or used coercion to build. All the while being empowered by their tactics across the board knowing the UN will prevent their destruction because they successfully have manipulated them. To the extent the UN applies some sort of standard for what collateral damage is acceptable for one side while totally ignoring the intent of collateral damage invoked by the instigator, terrorist who have no regard for the rule of law and humane concerns. It is groups like Hamas whose battle cry is consistently for the genoside of Israel. For some reason you’re not concerned about that though.

It is you who attempt to lecture and when your bias and flawed logic is exposed, you then attack the person rather than to continue to debate as you’re starting to do now with Zeus. Invoking the “Trump” fallacy is no different than invoking the hitler fallacy when you’ve nothing of value to say.

Peace is the best solution for all involved so it can’t be at Israel’s expense. As history has demonstrated it can only have meaning if rouge terrorist militias like Hamas are not allowed to continue as they have. If the Palestinians do not want to be associated with Hamas and the like, then they shouldn’t be. Reject them, collaborate with Israel instead of the thugs. Understandable it won’t be easy but the blood of innocent Israel civilians is not the way to correct the path they have chosen historically.

ZeusAres42
  • JoesephJoeseph 697 Pts   -   edited March 27
    @Factfinder

your tactics of misrepresentation never ends. 

Who have I misrepresented?

No one called for the destruction of the Palestinian people.

Several have , I can cite  500 quotations from Israelies sources which rubbish your denials, the far right American trolls on here call for the destruction also.

. That’s not what pointing out the fact that they have some responsibility for their plight means. 

What do you mean?

UN this UN that seriously?

Yes seriously , is that meant to be an argument?

Were THEY there in the beginning? No. Does their survival depend on how well they can fight an enemy that truly does break every rule in the book? No. They go into a situation and see how much war is hell. Which is why civilized people try to avoid it, not recruit children to start them. The UN has no idea what it is to suffer bloody attacks repeatedly by enemies that retreat into civilian populations and don civilian clothing, into tunnels they paid civilians and or used coercion to build. All the while being empowered by their tactics across the board knowing the UN will prevent their destruction because they successfully have manipulated them. To the extent the UN applies some sort of standard for what collateral damage is acceptable for one side while totally ignoring the intent of collateral damage invoked by the instigator, terrorist who have no regard for the rule of law and humane concerns. It is groups like Hamas whose battle cry is consistently for the genoside of Israel. For some reason you’re not concerned about that though.

I don't need an IDF political broadcast the UN , Amnesty and human rights org are all making it up that's what your saying is it?

It is you who attempt to lecture and when your bias and flawed logic is exposed,

Right so the UN,  Amnesty and Human rights Org are all using " flawed logic " and " biased" ?

you then attack the person

I haven't attacked Zeus.  Let's look at 2  your examples of how to behave towards others ...........

Fact Finder demonstrating how to behave to  others without attacking. ..

Care for another meager attempt at why Israel shouldn't have veto power? You know, the topic? Israel will always have veto power over the pigs in the trough because they are smarter and tougher than the pig nations of hamas and supporters who just roll around in pig slime sucking each other waiting for their masters to strap bombs on them.

Fact Finder not attacking the Irish 

; So in retaliation the heroic and forces of Israel are exterminating the cowards where they hide. Like the crown did your punk outfits and told you guys to stop sniveling over potatoes. You claim to be atheist but proudly boast of torturing women in the name of protestant, or did you murder for your fellow catholic worshipers?

. Invoking the “Trump” fallacy is no different than invoking the hitler fallacy when you’ve nothing of value to say.

So you're saying Trump and his followers far right Christians ( mostly) are not pro Israeli?  Also I'm directly quoting the UN , Amnesty , and human rights org which you say have nothing of value to say, all you've done is made one accusation after another without once even attempting a defence .

I've given a quote from you regards your rabid hatred of the Irish in fairness to  you don't deny your hatred of the Irish  , unfortunately on this site  American far right Christians all Trump supporters share this irrational hatred as the majority are protestant and share the traditional hatred of of what they assume to be Irish  Catholics, 

Peace is the best solution for all involved so it can’t be at Israel’s expense.

What does that even mean?

As history has demonstrated it can only have meaning if rouge terrorist militias like Hamas are not allowed to continue as they have.

What about if bully boy states like Israel are allowed to continue with Aparthied?

If the Palestinians do not want to be associated with Hamas and the like, then they shouldn’t be

If Israeli people do not want to associated with a regime guilty of crimes against humanity ( apartheid) then they shouldn't be.

BTW that again is a UN charge and pretty accurate.

. Reject them, collaborate with Israel instead of the thugs.

Rejct them, collaborate with Palestine instead of the thugs.

Understandable it won’t be easy but the blood of innocent Israel civilians is not the way to correct the path they have chosen historically.

Understandable it won’t be easy but the blood of innocent Palestinian civilians is not the way to correct the path they have chosen historically.
    Factfinder
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

As is expected, your entire 500 word legalistic reply was directed at Israel only.    Nowhere do you hold HAMAS or any other terrorist organisation that you apparently do not want destroyed to the same standard.

We see this double standard all the time in the western world.    Mobs of violent Muslim terrorist supporters march around everywhere screaming " Gas the Jews", or holding aloft ISIS flags, and the police stand around and do nothing.    But if an Australian man holds an Australian flag on Australia Day anywhere near one of these violent demonstrations, he is the one who gets arrested.    Or, if a British man prints "White Lives Matter" stickers on his computer, he gets two years jail for "inciting racial hatred".

When western countries like Israel need to butcher their enemies, they at least try to do it in a civilised way.    But history proves that regardless of the niceties of diplomacy, how the soldiers of a western nation treats their foes, or their foes population, depends a lot on how that enemy behaves.

Anyone who claims that the dropping of two nuclear weapons on Japanese ities during WW2 was a war crime, are completely ignorant about the realities of the war in the Pacific's, and are completely ignorant of the behaviour of Japanese soldiers towards civilian populations or captured POW's.

So you can submit any legalistic rubbish written by bureaucrats in air conditioned offices, far removed from the mud and the blood of a battlefield, where real men kill each other in very large numbers, and I will just laugh at you.

Israel is in a fight they do not want and did not start, against a despicable enemy of religious fanatics who would rape and massacre the entire Israeli population if they could.   This enemy can not be reasoned with or placated.   It will not compromise.    It wants to exterminate Israel and all of the Jews living in Israel because the Muslims hate the Jews, because Mohammad hated the Jews.    And, because by its stunning economic success, Israel is an unwelcome reminder to the whole Islamic world just how badly their own Islamic culture has failed them.    And, it is in the interests of the Muslim elites, both secular and clerical, to have an enemy to hate which they can blame for their own dysfunctionality.

Israel's enemies are our enemies.   So why you support the people who utterly despise you and who think that you must either convert to their ivil religion, or should be killed, is beyond me?   Perhaps you could explain why you support your enemies and criticise your friends?    Are you frightened of Muslims, and think that the best way to get along with them is to just roll over on your back and show them your belly?
    ZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

If you complain about Israel's perfectly sensible methods of destroying HAMAS, then I wonder whether your position is one of misplaced humanity, or whether you just think HAMAS should survive to fight another day.

HAMAS's implacable position is the total eradication of Israel, which if you ever bothered to think about it means the complete eradication of the entire Jewish population.    There are different grades of war, and what Israel is facing is total war.    Either win, or face the complete eradication of your entire population.    

Given that option, Israel can only do whatever it takes to achieve victory.    Jews do not walk resignedly into gas chambers any more to get exterminated in their millions.    They will do whatever it takes to win, and I for one can not criticise them for that.   My opinion is, that the the Israelis care more for the lives of Palestinian civilians than the Palestinian leaders do.

This war could be over tomorrow if Muslims everywhere agreed that Israel has a right to exist.

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited March 27
    @Factfinder

In all fairness @Joseph is actually addressing things I said and has the decency to quote me whereby other people can decide for themselves if any misrepresntation is present or not, unlike @Bogan

I really don't know what is so hard to understand by this:

"Hamas is a terrorist organzation as also stated internationally and must be dealth with accordingly. Israel has commited actions that are in violation of international law." 

@Bogan I will do my best now to explain this to you in as simple terms as possible:

Imagine you have two groups who are not getting along because they both want the same thing but can't agree on how to share it or who it belongs to. One group, called Hamas, has done things that many people and countries around the world think are very bad, like not playing fair or safe, which has led these people and countries to call them a "bad group." Because of this, these people and countries think this group needs to be stopped or taught to play nicely.

The other group, called Israel, has also done things that some people and countries think are not okay, like not following the rules of a big, important rulebook that everyone is supposed to play by.

So, both groups have done things that others think are wrong, and people are trying to figure out how to make them get along or at least not hurt each other. Comprende? 

@Factfinder

Maybe you could help me out with @Bogan because I don't know how to make this any more simpler. I will not be surprised if he still interprets this to mean that I am rooting for a terrorist organization. What I have actually wrote above is an exlanation that is designed for 5 year olds but I am guessing that is not going to make much of a difference. 

At least @Joseph is not outright lying about what I have said. Not that I have yet noticed anyway. I have tried to be nice with Bogan here as I do feel a bit guilty of my behaviour when he first entered into this site a year or so back; I was bit of A-whole then in how I could and should have engaged in civil discourse at that time regarding that debate. However, my patience now is wearing thin.

FactfinderJoeseph

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Before I refute your latest attempt to defend he people who want to kill you, I will say that I regard Joseph as a low IQ ratbag who seems to think that hurling personal abuse somehow equates to " debating."    I do not bother with the sod, and I do not understand why people keep responding to his abusive posts?     Just ignore him and he will just go away and presumably take his bad attitude out on his girlfriend.     Even Joseph's dog doesn't like him.

I will now try to explain to you why your opinion is wrong in as simple a terms as possible.

Imagine you have two groups of people.    One group is called " Muslims" and they really do think that their group is special, and everybody else on the planet is some sort of untermenshen, who should be murdered if they do not convert to Islam.

Their group was started by a caravan raiding slave trader and paedophile.     He was also a genocidal mass murderer who hated the Jews because they would not convert to his evil religion.    So he had 700 Jewish men beheaded while he and his 9 year old sex slave " watched" this entertaining spectacle.

He was a very good military commander, who dreamed up a new way of fighting which worked a treat.   That was the idea of a religious warrior who would get all sorts of rewards in heaven if he died in battle enlarging the Territory of the Muslim group.

This group eventually got around to invading the territory of another group of people, who were called " Jews".    These were the same Jews which the first groups creator hated.    And when they took over the second groups land, they knocked down the second groups most holy temple and built a dirty great mosque on it, which implied that the land which once belonged to the Jews was now theirs fiever.

However, the second group did not like the first group stealing their territory and they eventually returned.    This was anathema to the first group who did, and still do, want to exterminate the second group completely.

The second group are fed up of being regularly exterminated by everybody, so this time they got really organised.    Because the second group routinely gets exterminated, a funny genetic factor evolved.    The smart ones usually escaped extermination, so they as a group became the smartest group in the world.

Now this second group is back in their own homeland again and this time they are staying.   They have learned the lesson the hard way that whilever they are a minority in someone else's country, their group will always be in the greatest danger of extermination.

So, this time they will fight to survive.    This has upset the first group, who still want to go to heaven by killing those hated by their groups founder.    This is because the countries in which this first group has become established are all shiitholes.

Meanwhile, other groups around the world, who are not in danger of getting exterminated, seem to think that war should be played by the Queensbury rules.   One reason for that, is because the past wars they each got involved with were bad wars where anything goes.

So they have dreamed up rules of war that are very civilised.   But the problem is, that what these outside groups have forgotten, is that fighting fair only works among groups who are gentlemen.    The first group are not gentlemen at all, they are religious fanatics who are a part of an extremely violent religion where there are no holds barred. They prefer more " traditional" ways of fighting, which includes gang rape as an earthly reward, and completely exterminating those who offend their prophet.

The first group, the exterminatees if you like, do not want to get exterminated again.    So, although they are gentlemen, and they do try and comply with the Queensbury rules, they know that if they comply with what rules the virtue signallers in other countries demand, then the bastards who shot dead their women and children by the hundreds will get away with it, and do it again, and again, and again.    Which they have already bragged about doing.

So, the second group are going to do the intelligent thing and fight dirty.    And they could not give a shiit about what the virtue signallers, or the Leftist HAMAS supporters in safe countries say, as they sip their latte's and pretend that they are better people than everybody else.
    ZeusAres42
  • MasterdebaterMasterdebater 7 Pts   -  
    Joeseph said:
    GENOCIDE IS NEVER A SOLUTION ISREALi  BUTCHERS NEED TO BE REIGNED IN  AS THEY SLAUGHTER WOMEN AND CHILDREN UNDER THE RIDICULOUS PRETENCE THAT THEY'RE AFTER FREEDOM FIGHTERS
    Hey Joeseph,
    The definition of genocide is the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group. However Israel is not attempting to kill people specifically from the nation of Palestine/Gaza or people specifically Muslim, they are trying to stop Hamas. Incredibly tragically and unfortunately there has been the death of civilians in this conflict as in any other conflict which compares to this scale. I would love to continue a discussion with you.
    Joeseph said:
    @ZeusAres42

You talk about people misrepresenting you and here you are misrepresenting me , there are 3 debates going on regards this topic i've posted link after link to the charges of genocide .

Your actually denying the fact that international agencies who make genocide claims haven't " one shred of evidence " that's what you're saying right?

Also the recent court ruling regards genocide charges has been made  on the basis of not  " one shred of evidence" , seriously?

What have i said regards your persona that you find upsetting?

Your "personal  biases" I asked you a couple of clarifying questions if you don't wish to answer them just say so , if it's the case then you just want to lecture me on the topic like the pro Israeli supporters on here  are intent on doing.im not interested,  if you're interested in a dialogue on the topic I'm interested.

Also where are you getting your global concensus from? Are Amnesty, the UN etc not global enough?

That also is a fallacious argument,  what in your mind is the accepted amount of concensus before genocide claim  is valid?

Amnesty international

Israel must comply with key ICJ ruling ordering it do all in its power to prevent genocide against Palestinians in Gaza

Today’s decision by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) to order provisional measures in response to South Africa’s genocide case against Israel is an important step that could help protect the Palestinian people in the occupied Gaza Strip from further suffering and irreparable harm, said Amnesty International today.

An immediate ceasefire by all parties remains essential and – although not ordered by the Court – is the most effective condition to implement the provisional measures and end unprecedented civilian suffering.

Agnès Callamard, Secretary General of Amnesty International

The ruling issued by the ICJ ordered six provisional measures including for Israel to refrain from acts under the Genocide convention, prevent and punish the direct and public incitement to genocide, and take immediate and effective measures to ensure the provision of humanitarian assistance to civilians in Gaza. Crucially, the Court also ordered Israel to preserve evidence of genocide and to submit a report to the Court, within one month, of all measures taken in line with its order.

“Today’s decision is an authoritative reminder of the crucial role of international law in preventing genocide and protecting all victims of atrocity crimes. It sends a clear message that the world will not stand by in silence as Israel pursues a ruthless military campaign to decimate the population of the Gaza Strip and unleash death, horror and suffering against Palestinians on an unprecedented scale,” said Agnès Callamard, Secretary General of Amnesty International.

“However, the ICJ decision alone cannot put an end to the atrocities and devastation Gazans are witnessing.  Alarming signs of genocide in Gaza, and Israel’s flagrant disregard for international law highlight the urgent need for effective, unified pressure on Israel to stop its onslaught against Palestinians. An immediate ceasefire by all parties remains essential and – although not ordered by the Court – is the most effective condition to implement the provisional measures and end unprecedented civilian suffering

Human rights org.

"The Israeli government has simply ignored the court’s ruling, and in some ways even intensified its repression, including further blocking lifesaving aid.”

Other countries should use all forms of leverage, including sanctions and embargoes, to press the Israeli government to comply with the court’s binding orders in the genocide case, Human Rights Watch said.

Human Rights Watch found in December 2023 that Israeli authorities are using starvation as a weapon of war. Pursuant a policy set out by Israeli officials and carried out by Israeli forces, the Israeli authorities are deliberately blocking the delivery of water, food, and fuel, willfully impeding humanitarian assistance, apparently razing agricultural areas, and depriving the civilian population of objects indispensable to its survival.

Israeli authorities have kept its supply of electricity for Gaza shut off since the October 7 Hamas-led attacks. After initially cutting the entire supply of water that Israel provides to Gaza via three pipelines, Israel resumed piping on two of its three lines. However, due to the cuts and widespread destruction to water infrastructure amid unrelenting Israeli air and ground operations, only one of those lines remained operational at only 47 percent capacity as of February 20. Officials at the Gaza Coastal Municipalities Water Utility told Human Rights Watch on February 20 that Israeli authorities have obstructed efforts to repair the water infrastructure.

According to data published by OCHA and the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), the daily average number of trucks entering Gaza with food, aid, and medicine dropped by more than a third in the weeks following the ICJ ruling: 93 trucks between January 27 and February 21, 2024, compared to 147 trucks between January 1 and 26, and only 57 between February 9 and 21. A survey of impediments to the entry of aid faced by 24 humanitarian organizations operating in Gaza between January 26 and February 15 pointed to a lack of transparency around how aid trucks can enter Gaza, delays and denials at Israeli crossings and inspection points, and concerns about safety of trucks.

By comparison, an average of 500 trucks of food and goods entered Gaza each day before the escalation in hostilities in October, during which time 1.2 million people in Gaza were estimated to be facing acute food insecurity, and 80 percent of Gaza’s population were reliant on humanitarian aid amid Israel's more than 16-year-long unlawful closure.High-ranking Israeli officials have articulated a policy to deprive civilians of food, water, and fuel, as Human Rights Watch has documented. The Israeli government spokesperson said more recently that there are “no limits” to aid entering Gaza, outside of security. Some Israeli officials blame the UN for distribution delays and accuse Hamas of diverting aid or Gaza police for failing to secure convoys.

UN

A UN human rights expert says she believes Israel has committed "acts of genocide" in Gaza.

Francesca Albanese, the UN special rapporteur on human rights in the occupied Palestinian territories, presented her report to UN member states in Geneva on Tuesday.

But Israel has already dismissed her findings.

This comes amid growing international pressure on Israel to stop the war or to do much more to protect civilians.

Ms Albanese concluded that "there are reasonable grounds to believe that the threshold indicating the commission of the crime of genocide against Palestinians as a group in Gaza has been met".

The UN expert who concluded Israel was committing acts of genocide in besieged Gaza has received broad support at the United Nations, with countries speaking up to back her and her report.

Francesca Albanese, the special rapporteur on human rights in the Palestinian territories, told the UN Human Rights Council on Tuesday that countries should impose an arms embargo and sanctions on Israel.

Expanding in person on her report released on Monday, Albanese said Israel was characterising the entire Palestinian population in besieged Gaza as "targetable, killable and destroyable" and had ostentatiously laid bare its "genocidal intent" to "rid Palestine of Palestinians".

You really need to read what Amnesty and the UN and Human rights org are saying cherry picking less damaging articles is hardly convincing.

The charges of genocide are accurate and backed up by several human internationally respected organisations.

Yes.

Laslty, Wanting to eradicate a specific militant or terrorist organization like Hamas does not equate to genocide. 

You honestly believe bombing a country incessantly is the best solution to eradicating Hamas seriously? Hamas are holding the Israeli hostages so by bombing Hamas they are bombing their own people?

They don't even know where Hamas are why do you find this excuse in any way plausible?

Genocide, as defined by the United Nations in the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948), specifically refers to acts committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial, or religious group. This definition emphasizes the targeting of people based on their immutable characteristics and membership in a protected group, rather than their membership in a political or militant organization.

Yes so you agree genocide is happening if you accept what the UN are saying right as quoted above or will you now deny it?

Craig Mokhiber, a director at the United Nations, to resign over the organization’s “failure” to act against what he called a "text-book case of genocide." And in a Nov. 2 press release, a separate coalition of U.N. experts similarly expressed concern, warning that Palestinians were “at grave risk of genocide.”

Raz Segal, the program director of genocide studies at Stockton University, concretely says it is a “textbook case of genocide.” Segal believes that Israeli forces are completing three genocidal acts, including, “killing, causing serious bodily harm, and measures calculated to bring about the destruction of the group.” He points to the mass levels of destruction and total siege of basic necessities—like water, food, fuel, and medical supplies—as evidence.

He says Israeli leaders expressed “explicit, clear, and direct statements of intent,” pointing to Israeli President Isaac Herzog’s statement during an Oct. 13 press conference. In his statement, Herzog said, “It’s an entire nation that is out there that’s responsible. It’s not true, this rhetoric about civilians not aware, not involved. It’s absolutely not true,” Herzog said. “They could have risen up, they could have fought against that evil regime which took over Gaza in a coup d'etat.” (Herzog later said that he is not holding the civilians of Gaza responsible for keeping Hamas in political power, when asked to clarify by a journalist at the same press conference.) Segal says that this language conflates all Palestinians as “an enemy population,” which could help prove intent.

Many experts TIME spoke to noted that they were answering based on whether they believed that the actions against Palestinians would be considered genocide under a court of law.

Verdeja says Israel's actions in Gaza are moving toward a “genocidal campaign.” While he notes that it is clear Israeli forces intend to destroy Hamas, “the response when you have a security crisis…can be one of ceasefire, negotiation, or it can be genocide.”

City University of New York professor Victoria Sanford compares what’s happening in Gaza to the killing or disappearance of more than 200,000 Mayans in Guatemala from 1960-1996, known as the Guatemalan genocide, which is the subject of her book Buried Secrets: Truth and Human Rights in Guatemala. Mayans and Palestinians have both been subject to genocidal acts, she implies. “When we match them to the lived experience of people, there are similar circumstances…if we look at contemporary conflicts like the Israeli invasion of Palestine.” Sanford and Segal were two of more than a 100 scholars and organizations that signed a letter urging the ICC to take action given the “Israeli intention to commit genocide visibly materialising on the ground."

Actions aimed at dismantling or neutralizing a militant organization are generally framed within the context of counterterrorism or military operations, which are governed by different sets of laws and principles, such as international humanitarian law and the laws of armed conflict

Yes they are tell me how this plays out in real life? Maybe you could tell me how these " humanitarian laws" played out for Irish Catholics in Nothern Ireland or how the "laws of armed " conflict operate when israei forces target ambulances and trucks carrying food?

It's a great luxury to sit in a comfy armchair imagining  decent men following international rules of armed conflict and engaging in humanitarian works.

These frameworks are designed to regulate hostilities, protect civilians, and ensure the humane treatment of all individuals involved. It is crucial in discussions about counterterrorism or military operations to distinguish between these legal and ethical frameworks and the specific, legal definition of genocide.

Yes I know and how effective have they been?  That's a great term " counterterrorism " normally used by the dominant bully boy  nation  on  anyone percieved as the enemy , you rarely here the term "state terrorism" applied to countries entities like Great Britain or Israel do you?

Every pro Israeli person on here has demanded or hinted at the totally eradication of the Palestinians , they are of course majority American right wingers , I've no doubt if Trump is president he would sanction nuking Israel and Americans would whoop and holler like demented loons in delight.

@Joseph,

Firstly, I would like to start off by acknowledging an inaccuracy on my part regarding the assertion that there is not one shred of evidence. What I should have conveyed is that there are serious allegations and legal processes currently underway to examine the evidence concerning actions in Gaza. International bodies like the International Court of Justice (ICJ) and human rights organizations are actively assessing claims and evidence to ascertain if they fulfill the stringent criteria for genocide under international law. The outcomes of these proceedings will offer a clearer understanding based on established legal standards and evidence.

Moreover, in our discussion on the allegations of genocide within the context of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, grounding our analysis in the established legal framework is paramount. The legal definition of genocide, as outlined in the United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948), necessitates proof of intent to destroy, in whole or part, a national, ethnical, racial, or religious group. This emphasis on intent critically distinguishes genocide from other forms of mass atrocities or human rights violations, a distinction underscored by Schabas (2000) in his seminal work, "Genocide in International Law" (Schabas, 2000).

The references you provided to reports and provisional measures by international bodies, including the International Court of Justice (ICJ) and Amnesty International, highlight severe concerns but do not meet the high threshold of demonstrating a deliberate intent to destroy a protected group as mandated by the Genocide Convention. It is crucial to recognize that the ICJ's implementation of provisional measures aims to prevent potential harm and does not constitute a conclusive determination of genocide. These measures are precautionary, intended to safeguard rights while a case is under comprehensive review, highlighting the nuanced nature of international legal proceedings, especially regarding allegations as grave as genocide (International Court of Justice, 2020).

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict's complexity, with factors including security concerns, the role of Hamas, and the challenges posed by military operations in densely populated areas, necessitates a detailed analysis. This analysis must differentiate between the intent to target militants and the unintended impacts on civilians. The principles of distinction and proportionality, foundational to international humanitarian law, provide a framework for this analysis, underscoring the importance of differentiating between combatants and civilians and minimizing harm to the latter (Henckaerts & Doswald-Beck, 2005).

Furthermore, an explicit focus on the humanitarian situation enriches our discussion by integrating a layer of empathy and urgency. Acknowledging the depth of human suffering and emphasizing the urgency of addressing humanitarian needs makes this debate more comprehensive. The humanitarian crisis, characterized by widespread suffering, underscores the immediate imperative to alleviate human suffering alongside the pursuit of legal scrutiny.

Engaging with the allegations of genocide also requires contemplation of its broader implications for peace and resolution in the region. Unsupported claims of genocidal intent, especially without the necessary evidence as defined by international law, risk exacerbating tensions and hindering paths to a negotiated peace. A more productive way forward suggests constructive engagement with international bodies' critiques and reports, alongside advocacy for adherence to international humanitarian law. This approach emphasizes the need for accountability for human rights violations, the protection of civilian populations, and the pursuit of peace through dialogue and negotiation.

In conclusion, while the humanitarian situation in Gaza and the broader Israeli-Palestinian conflict raise significant concerns, the claim that Israel is committing genocide lacks the necessary legal substantiation, particularly regarding the required proof of intent. Engaging with the conflict's complexities, grounded in a strict application of international law and a commitment to peace, is crucial for addressing humanitarian challenges and moving towards a resolution

This nuanced acknowledgment and analysis strive for a conversation that respects the complexities of international law and the grave concerns surrounding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, with a hopeful eye towards a just and lasting resolution. Through this approach, it is my hope that we aim to bridge the gap between legal standards, humanitarian realities, and public perception, advocating for a comprehensive strategy that includes educational initiatives, transparency in legal processes, amplification of humanitarian voices, and the encouragement of dialogue to foster a more informed and compassionate response to the crisis.

References

• Henckaerts, J.-M., & Doswald-Beck, L. (Eds.). (2005). Customary International Humanitarian Law. Cambridge University Press.
    • International Court of Justice. (2020). Provisional Measures.
    • Schabas, W. A. (2000). Genocide in International Law. Cambridge University Press.
    • United Nations. (1948). Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.

• @Bogan

I have no idea who are speaking to but it definitely isn't me Please go back to the kids table and play while the adults discuss. 

If however you one day you manage to grow up and would like to repsond to what I have said I would be happy to read it. Otherwise I am not interested in getting into pretend arguments. That's for kids. You enjoy yourself though. 

• ZeusAres42 said: 

@Factfinder

In all fairness @Joseph ;is actually addressing things I said and has the decency to quote me whereby other people can decide for themselves if any misrepresntation is present or not, unlike @Bogan

I really don't know what is so hard to understand by this:

"Hamas is a terrorist organzation as also stated internationally and must be dealth with accordingly. Israel has commited actions that are in violation of international law." 

@Bogan ;I will do my best now to explain this to you in as simple terms as possible:
      Imagine you have two groups who are not getting along because they both want the same thing but can't agree on how to share it or who it belongs to. One group, called Hamas, has done things that many people and countries around the world think are very bad, like not playing fair or safe, which has led these people and countries to call them a "bad group." Because of this, these people and countries think this group needs to be stopped or taught to play nicely.The other group, called Israel, has also done things that some people and countries think are not okay, like not following the rules of a big, important rulebook that everyone is supposed to play by.So, both groups have done things that others think are wrong, and people are trying to figure out how to make them get along or at least not hurt each other. Comprende? @Factfinder
      Maybe you could help me out with @Bogan ;because I don't know how to make this any more simpler. I will not be surprised if he still interprets this to mean that I am rooting for a terrorist organization. What I have actually wrote above is an exlanation that is designed for 5 year olds but I am guessing that is not going to make much of a difference. 
      At least @Joseph ;is not outright lying about what I have said. Not that I have yet noticed anyway. I have tried to be nice with Bogan here as I do feel a bit guilty of my behaviour when he first entered into this site a year or so back; I was bit of A-whole then in how I could and should have engaged in civil discourse at that time regarding that debate. However, my patience now is wearing thin.

This is the post that @Bogan is responding to of which he cowardly failed to quote. I will leave it up the readers to make judgments about his following response here:

Bogan said:
      @ZeusAres42

Before I refute your latest attempt to defend he people who want to kill you, I will say that I regard Joseph as a low IQ ratbag who seems to think that hurling personal abuse somehow equates to " debating."    I do not bother with the sod, and I do not understand why people keep responding to his abusive posts?     Just ignore him and he will just go away and presumably take his bad attitude out on his girlfriend.     Even Joseph's dog doesn't like him.

I will now try to explain to you why your opinion is wrong in as simple a terms as possible.

Imagine you have two groups of people.    One group is called " Muslims" and they really do think that their group is special, and everybody else on the planet is some sort of untermenshen, who should be murdered if they do not convert to Islam.

Their group was started by a caravan raiding slave trader and paedophile.     He was also a genocidal mass murderer who hated the Jews because they would not convert to his evil religion.    So he had 700 Jewish men beheaded while he and his 9 year old sex slave " watched" this entertaining spectacle.

He was a very good military commander, who dreamed up a new way of fighting which worked a treat.   That was the idea of a religious warrior who would get all sorts of rewards in heaven if he died in battle enlarging the Territory of the Muslim group.

This group eventually got around to invading the territory of another group of people, who were called " Jews".    These were the same Jews which the first groups creator hated.    And when they took over the second groups land, they knocked down the second groups most holy temple and built a dirty great mosque on it, which implied that the land which once belonged to the Jews was now theirs fiever.

However, the second group did not like the first group stealing their territory and they eventually returned.    This was anathema to the first group who did, and still do, want to exterminate the second group completely.

The second group are fed up of being regularly exterminated by everybody, so this time they got really organised.    Because the second group routinely gets exterminated, a funny genetic factor evolved.    The smart ones usually escaped extermination, so they as a group became the smartest group in the world.

Now this second group is back in their own homeland again and this time they are staying.   They have learned the lesson the hard way that whilever they are a minority in someone else's country, their group will always be in the greatest danger of extermination.

So, this time they will fight to survive.    This has upset the first group, who still want to go to heaven by killing those hated by their groups founder.    This is because the countries in which this first group has become established are all shiitholes.

Meanwhile, other groups around the world, who are not in danger of getting exterminated, seem to think that war should be played by the Queensbury rules.   One reason for that, is because the past wars they each got involved with were bad wars where anything goes.

So they have dreamed up rules of war that are very civilised.   But the problem is, that what these outside groups have forgotten, is that fighting fair only works among groups who are gentlemen.    The first group are not gentlemen at all, they are religious fanatics who are a part of an extremely violent religion where there are no holds barred. They prefer more " traditional" ways of fighting, which includes gang rape as an earthly reward, and completely exterminating those who offend their prophet.

The first group, the exterminatees if you like, do not want to get exterminated again.    So, although they are gentlemen, and they do try and comply with the Queensbury rules, they know that if they comply with what rules the virtue signallers in other countries demand, then the bastards who shot dead their women and children by the hundreds will get away with it, and do it again, and again, and again.    Which they have already bragged about doing.

So, the second group are going to do the intelligent thing and fight dirty.    And they could not give a shiit about what the virtue signallers, or the Leftist HAMAS supporters in safe countries say, as they sip their latte's and pretend that they are better people than everybody else.

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      @ZeusAres42

This is the second time you have fled the arena after crossing swords with me, Zeus.    At least you are starting to figure out that us deplorables and bogan  are not as dumb as your elitist caste thinks that we are.

Anytime you can summon up the courage to cross swords with me again, Zues, I will look forward to again showing you the error if your ways.
      Bogan said:
      @ZeusAres42

This is the second time you have fled the arena after crossing swords with me, Zeus.    At least you are starting to figure out that us deplorables and bogan  are not as dumb as your elitist caste thinks that we are.

Anytime you can summon up the courage to cross swords with me again, Zues, I will look forward to again showing you the error if your ways.

@Bogan

The war Israel is waging is an atrocious one and they are forced to participate in it by their enemies. I agree with you on that. But the problem is it is an atrocious war by its unconventional nature. Israel is bombing civilian targets as it’s where the vermin are hiding. We haven’t really seen that kind of what used to be called ‘carpet bombing’ in some time. Ww2 hitler was known for attacking cities more than military targets and that was a military failure for him and the Germans. Of course like you correctly point out no one seems particularly motivated to stop say, Russia from bringing back carpet bombing. And they’re the instigators in that war lending credence to your suspicions of a double standard. 

So post war elites among many other things decided on rules of engagement via the Geneva Convention as you’re aware. Technically Israel is in violation of some things that are considered war crimes. Definitely not genocide though.
      Carpet bombing causes many other hardships besides the onslaught itself and is by nature inhumane. 

If I read Zeus arguments correctly he isn’t supporting Hamas. He’s accurately assessing the situation on the ground where the fighting has been intense. He has even stated he supports Israel’s right to defend itself multiple times.

let’s be honest, no one wants to see this war take the direction it has who has a civilized mind. 

In conclusion my whole issue and I believe it aligns with a lot of what you and Zeus both are saying, is the empty condemnation of terrorist attacks without serious attempts by the UN and world powers at stopping them for decades isn’t working. Especially when there is some attempt at prevention it’s selective and without enough authority to have any teeth. It has left Israel in a precarious position with no way out. 
      ZeusAres42
    • @Bogan

If I read Zeus arguments correctly he isn’t supporting Hamas. He’s accurately assessing the situation on the ground where the fighting has been intense. He has even stated he supports Israel’s right to defend itself multiple times.

And correct me if I wrong but I think I have been very explicit and clear here. To me what I have said multiple times now is as simple as stating that 2+2=4. And then bogan along and repeatedly says "ah, so you think 2+2=5."

Hence my frustration and this something I find very childish.

I'm  glad you actually read and understood what I wrote @Factfinder. It's nice to actually have someone to courtesy to actually read and addresses the content of my messages.

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      The essential point that both of you are avoiding, is that we live in a world today where the productive people are always the oppressors, and the most despicable and crazy people are always the victims.

In no way is Israel the aggressor here.    They are productive and honourable people with a lot of friends among the decent and productive people of this world.    Zeus's condemnation of Israel is not some genuine concern for moral values.   It is the usual double standard where his particular elitist class can display their supposed moral and Intellectual superiority, and more importantly, their class affiliation.

This is the way that this new elitist caste always thinks, and it is going to destroy the very civilisation which they prefer to live in.    This kind of thinking has already ruined some of the greatest cities in the world.   Paris is not Paris any more.  London is not London any more.    And San Francisco is not San Francisco any more.     It is now obvious to even the most feeble minded lefty that some ethnicities make much better immigrants than others.   And the Leftist idea of Defund the Police and No Bail Bond has made some Leftist cities now anarchic.

Turn away from the Dark Side, Factfinder.     Support the productive and decent people of this world and stop blaming them for the dysfunctions of every low IQ, violent race and culture on the planet.    The Israeli people are productive people and even though their country lacks any natural resources, it is rich in one resource that really counts.    They are intelligent and they work hard.   And, they just wish to be left alone in peace.

The Muslims however, to me are worse than the Nazis.    And if they will not stop attacking Israel, then I really do not care what measures the Israelis take to eliminate the terrorists who will never stop plotting their complete extermination.    Complaining about that is like a privileged person in some leafy beach side suburb complaining about how the police in crime filled ghettoes enforce the law.

JulesKorngoldZeusAres42
      @Bogan

I have in no way condemned Israel. Acknowledging the reality of the unconventional dynamics of this war has to be talked about openly if we are ever going to get rid of groups like Hamas. Or suppress the people supporting them who are profiteering from the situation. Extreme positions do not help anything. That said I have always maintained Israel is was the one attacked and Hamas was the aggressor. And before Hamas other terrorist groups, before them the nations surrounding them including Palestinian Arabs who settled along her borders. With few exceptions has Palestine ever sighted with Israel.

So you will have to show me where I said Israel is the aggressor. 
      ZeusAres42
    • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      @Factfinder ;

My post was more directed at Zeus than you, Factfinder.    But both of you seem to critical of the way in which Israel is dems trying the enemies who want to exterminate them.

I don't know about you, but if somebody wants to exterminate me and my family, I am not going to be too concerned about him or his family.

ZeusAres42
    • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited March 28
      @Bogan

I have in no way condemned Israel. Acknowledging the reality of the unconventional dynamics of this war has to be talked about openly if we are ever going to get rid of groups like Hamas. Or suppress the people supporting them who are profiteering from the situation. Extreme positions do not help anything. That said I have always maintained Israel is was the one attacked and Hamas was the aggressor. And before Hamas other terrorist groups, before them the nations surrounding them including Palestinian Arabs who settled along her borders. With few exceptions has Palestine ever sighted with Israel.

So you will have to show me where I said Israel is the aggressor. 
      Now he has started to lie about you saying things you have not saying . That's a common theme with this guy. I in no way stated Israel as the aggressor here. My message is very explicit. But bogan seems intent on finding things in my messages that don't even exist. It's impossible to have a discussion with someone like this. 
      Factfinder

@ZeusAres42

Thanks for that Z , I appreciate it.
    • JoesephJoeseph 697 Pts   -   edited March 28
      @Masterdebater

Hey Joeseph,
      The definition of genocide is the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group. However Israel is not attempting to kill people specifically from the nation of Palestine/Gaza or people specifically Muslim, they are trying to stop Hamas. Incredibly tragically and unfortunately there has been the death of civilians in this conflict as in any other conflict which compares to this scale. I would love to continue a discussion with you.

Hi , yes I'm aware of the definition of genocide , do you honestly believe they are trying to kill Hamas and yet they don't even know where there hiding?

Explain to me how that works?  Also explain how Nethanyahu and the Israeli government constantly call for the open eradication of Palestinians?

Thanks for the chat , yes I'm open to a talk on the topic.
      @ZeusAres42

Thank you for your thoughts and the effort on research you put in, its appreciated.

I think the case of genocide against Israel will only be decided when and if the dust settles. The Israeli govermnet  especially Nethanyahu make no bones about their aims and of course when challenged claim the comments were made "under trauma" or the much loved " that was taken out of contest".

What conclusions can be drawn when your defence minister claims " we are fighting animals"?

Nissim Vaturi of the ruling party said Israel had one common goal " erasing the Gaza Strip from the face of the earth".

Nethanyahu said " you must remember what Amalek has done to you " I suggest  a reading of this blood soaked piece from the good book to get the full flavour of Nethanyahu meaning.

There are 500 such statements from the Israeli government and media , its astonishing to me that pro Israeli people will readily defend such remarks yet vehemently accuse anyone of being anti semetic for calling them out , it disgraceful that Jews behavior is somehow just and moral and they are entitled to behave exactly like Nazi bully boys because of their history.

Does anyone really buy the pathetic excuse that they are attempting to eliminate Hamas when they don't even know where they are?

Anyway thanks for the talk , I suppose we will see soon enough if the state of Israel will face charges of genocide / attempted genocide , either way internationally they have very little respect going on the worldwide weekly protests against them even their best friend the US has openly criticised their excesses.
      @ZeusAres42

You're wasting your time with this guy , he constantly claims his opponent says things they never said and if that fails calls you a " poofter" , " homo" or " queer" a very strange little man .
      ZeusAres42
    • @Factfinder

What I have now noticed here and on other threads are two extreme sides of the same coin. On the one hand we got a party that makes vile and atrocious comments about Jews. On other hand we got another party that makes vile and atrocious comments about Arabs and Muslims. 

I commend you for being the most civil and reasonable on this thread.
      FactfinderMasterdebater

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      @ZeusAres42 ;  What I have now noticed here and on other threads are two extreme sides of the same coin. On the one hand we got a party that makes vile and atrocious comments about Jews. On other hand we got another party that makes vile and atrocious comments about Arabs and Muslims. 

I commend you for being the most civil and reasonable on this thread.

Looks like Zeus and Factfinder are now in a Mutual Admiration Society?      You bet i make vile and atrocious remarks about Muslims, and I make no apology for that.    It may be unreasonable of me, but when a religion has a holy book which states that people like me (and you) should be mutilated and murdered if we do not convert to their vile and evil religion, then, even though I do not want people to think that I am a grump, I tend to revile them.  . But you can kiss their arse if it makes you feel superior.     

Stop criticizing Israel  and then pretend that you support it.     Choose sides instead of sitting on the fence and thinking that this makes you paragons of virtue.  
      MasterdebaterZeusAres42Factfinder
    • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
      Bogan said:

Choose sides instead of sitting on the fence and thinking that this makes you paragons of virtue.  
      I choose the side of deep thinking and nuanced positions, against the side of childish one-dimensional outlooks. Good enough, pal? ;)
      MasterdebaterZeusAres42Factfinder
    • MasterdebaterMasterdebater 7 Pts   -  
      @Joeseph
      Joeseph said:
      @Masterdebater

Hey Joeseph,

Hi , yes I'm aware of the definition of genocide , do you honestly believe they are trying to kill Hamas and yet they don't even know where there hiding?

Explain to me how that works?  Also explain how Nethanyahu and the Israeli government constantly call for the open eradication of Palestinians?

Thanks for the chat , yes I'm open to a talk on the topic.
      I do believe they are trying to kill Hamas and I struggle to see the relevance that they don't know where they are hiding as Israel are searching and a lot of the time finding them. off course if a developed and large terrorist group tries their best to hide there would be some kind of struggle to find them.

I haven't seen Netanyahu and the Israeli government call on the specific eradication of Palestinians maybe on the eradication of Hamas but not Palestinians. However if you have any proof of this from a trusted source please send it my way.

No worries, lets defo continue (:
    • JoesephJoeseph 697 Pts   -   edited March 28
      @Masterdebater

I do believe they are trying to kill Hamas and I struggle to see the relevance that they don't know where they are hiding as Israel are searching and a lot of the time finding them.

How many members of Hamas have they killed? How many of the leaders have they killed?

So you think carpet bombing Palestinians and killing 31, 000 is entirely justified in an attempt to kill people who's whereabouts you don't know , seriously? 

off course if a developed and large terrorist group tries their best to hide there would be some kind of struggle to find them.

Yes but that doesn't stop Israel continuing the slaughter.

I haven't seen Netanyahu and the Israeli government call on the specific eradication of Palestinians maybe on the eradication of Hamas but not Palestinians. However if you have any proof of this from a trusted source please send it my way.

How about Nethanyahus own mouth ......

Nethanyahu said " you must remember what Amalek has done to you " I suggest  a reading of this blood soaked piece from the good book to get the full flavour of Nethanyahus rant ......

The LORD anointed you king over Israel.
      And he sent you on a mission, saying, `Go and completely destroy those wicked people, the Amalekites; make war on them until you have wiped them out.'

Deuteronomy 25:17-19

New International Version

17 Remember what the Amalekites did to you along the way when you came out of Egypt. 18 When you were weary and worn out, they met you on your journey and attacked all who were lagging behind; they had no fear of God. 19 When the Lord your God gives you rest from all the enemies around you in the land he is giving you to possess as an inheritance, you shall blot out the name of Amalek from under heaven. Do not forget!

You do know what " blot out " means ?

What conclusions can be drawn when your defence minister claims " we are fighting animals"?

Nissim Vaturi of the ruling party said Israel had one common goal " erasing the Gaza Strip from the face of the earth".

I have 100' s more in the same vein , I think they're clear enough.

No worries, lets defo continue (:

Good stuff.
    • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited March 28
      @Bogan

Thanks Bogan for finally admitting that for you it was never about defence against terrorism but your hate for Arab and Muslim countries. Thanks for admitting that you would like to see them all wiped off the face of the earth. 

For factfinder it's defense terrorism.
      For maycaesr it's defense against terrorism.
      For me it's about defence against terrorism.

For you it's extremism. For you it's radicalism. You are an extremist. You are no different than Isis!

I'm against extremism and terrorism. Therefore I am also against you.

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  

Hiya guys, I am back home from hospital and back on my personal computer, so now I can go back to dissecting your failing logic sentence by sentence, or  paragraph by paragraph, like I usually do.  Instead of submitting generalised over views, which I was forced to do because of the limitations of my Iphone. 

Factfinder quote     The war Israel is waging is an atrocious one and they are forced to participate in it by their enemies. I agree with you on that.

So far, so good, Factfinder,     

Factfinder quote     But the problem is it is an atrocious war by its unconventional nature. Israel is bombing civilian targets as it’s where the vermin are hiding.

There is nothing “unconventional” about storming a city, even one still full of non combatants who have not been evacuated.      Gaza is different only because because HAMAS sees nothing wrong with using their own women and kids as human shields, which one would expect that even a half civilised people would never do.        Even the Nazis behaved better than that.   And you pair wonder why I don’t like Muslims?    The Americans and the British saw exactly the same behaviour by Muslim men in Afghanistan and Iraq, where the Muslim men used children specifically as human shields to protect anti tank and mortar crews.       This was to prevent retaliation from Apache attack helicopters by tying groups of children up next to the anti tank and mortar crews.   The Muslims know that western armies today, and that includes Israel, will never directly target noncombatants.     That is because we are civilised and they are not.            

Factfinder     We haven’t really seen that kind of what used to be called ‘carpet bombing’ in some time.

The Israelis are not “carpet bombing” anyone.    Like all advanced militaries today, it prefers to use either laser guided or GPS guided bombs to attain extreme accuracy, and to minimise the chances of civilian casualties.   “Carpet bombing” refers to bombing carried out in WW2 by mainly RAF bomber crews, who at night could not even find a particular target within a German city, much less hit it if they did.    So, the British Bomber Command rather cynically thought that the best solution to that problem was to just destroy the entire city.   That is “carpet bombing”.   It’s intent was not terror, but it’s effect was the same.      

Factfinder quote   Ww2 hitler was known for attacking cities more than military targets and that was a military failure for him and the Germans.

I disagree that it was a failure at all.   As a matter of fact, it worked quite well.   Both the Nazis and the Japanese used indiscriminate terror bombing to cower the civilian populations of the people in the countries they wanted to subjugate.        Holland surrendered when the Luftwaffe indiscriminately bombed undefended Rotterdam.    Yugoslavia surrendered when Germany bombed defenceless Belgrade.    The yanks did the same thing to the Japanese in Tokyo using phosphorous bombs.    They did it again using nuclear weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and that worked quite well too.  It ended the Pacific war.       As for the US and the British using  terror bombing, Dresden was an example of that.   HAMAS uses the same tactic using unguided rockets against Israeli cities and despite the “iron dome”, it is having an effect too.     But today, the yanks and British no longer terror or carpet bomb (there is a difference in intent, although the results are identical) , and Israel does not terror or carpet bomb either.  .    If HAMAS uses civilian sites like hospitals and schools to fire it rockets to terror bomb Israeli citizens, them one might have thought that you pair might have criticised HAMAS for that, instead of levelling a false charge against Israel?   

Factfinder quote  Of course like you correctly point out no one seems particularly motivated to stop say, Russia from bringing back carpet bombing.

Yes, Russia is definitely terror bombing civilians, and remarkably, by even  using precision weapons to do it.     It has also used cluster bombs in Ukrainian cities as well.    And terror bombing behaviour worked pretty well in Chechnya, too.   

Factfinder quote   And they’re the instigators in that war lending credence to your suspicions of a double standard. 

The allies considered that the extermination of the Nazi Party’s war production facilities was so essential, that they simply ignored the plight of the enemy population who got in the way in their quest for victory.       So, they can hardly throw stones at the Israelis who are simply doing what everybody else used to do, or in the case of the Russians, still do.      

Factfinder quote  So post war elites among many other things decided on rules of engagement via the Geneva Convention as you’re aware. Technically Israel is in violation of some things that are considered war crimes.

No.   Israel has never engaged in terror bombing or carpet bombing.    It uses high precision weapons to target enemy bases and hideouts, which even the yanks did in Baghdad and during Gulf War 1.    As for using artillery or tanks to support a ground assault, everybody still does that too.    It therefore can not be a war crime.      If HAMAS stuffs these city based military targets full of women and kids to protect it’s defense sites within a city, then I would have expected you to direct your ire at Muslims, not Israelis?  

Factfinder quote      Definitely not genocide though.

Agreed.  

Factfinder quote     Carpet bombing causes many other hardships besides the onslaught itself and is by nature inhumane. 

Which is why the good guys don’t do that anymore, and do not even need to do it.    Technology solved that problem.      As for ground assaults by armies supported by tanks and artillery, that is still the norm.   The yanks did to the Muslim religious nuts in the Iraqi city of Fallujah what the Israeli soldiers are doing today in Gaza.      Although, to give the devils their due, at least those particular Muslim religious nut cases had the decency to evacuate their own women and kids before the US Marines started the assault.       

Factfinder quote  If I read Zeus arguments correctly he isn’t supporting Hamas.

If Zeus never stops knocking Israel for doing something that Israel did not even do, and then ignores the fact that Muslim terrorists like HAMAS uses women and children to counter precision bombing, then I do believe that his sympathies are with the enemy.   

Factfinder quote    He’s accurately assessing the situation on the ground where the fighting has been intense. He has even stated he supports Israel’s right to defend itself multiple times.

If Zeus wants Israel to stop attacking HAMAS, then he is either naïve, or it is because he wants HAMAS to rise again.

Factfinder quote      let’s be honest, no one wants to see this war take the direction it has who has a civilized mind. 

Wrong.    What makes you think that people who still think that apostates should be murdered, that enemy women captives should be gang raped, and that women are just the possessions of men, are in any way “civilised?”     And this war is exactly the direction that HAMAS wanted it to take.     They would force Israel to react to the worst mass murder and mass rape of Jews since WW2, then they would hide in their tunnels behind their own women and children, and the 250 Israeli hostages, and then dare Israel to attack Gaza.     Some clown in HAMAS probably read “The Tunnels of Cu Chi” and thought “we can do that!”     The du-mbarses miscalculated because the Jews are so smart that they had already had a plan to attack Gaza ready to go, and they already had the equipment (like giant water pumps and their hoses) already standing by until when they were needed. 

Factfinder quote    In conclusion my whole issue and I believe it aligns with a lot of what you and Zeus both are saying, is the empty condemnation of terrorist attacks without serious attempts by the UN and world powers at stopping them for decades isn’t working.

The UN isn’t working.   It has just become yet another corrupt bureaucracy more intent upon is perks, salaries, and kickbacks than doing anything constructive.    When UN chairman Boutrous-Ghali imposed oil sanctions on Iraq, his own son was making tens of millions by breaking the UN embargo.   WHO is in the pay of China.    The boss of HAMAS was an UNWRA employee.   Don’t even get me started on the UN Climate Change Panel.   The UN Human Rights mob has such staunch protectors of human rights as China, Iran, and Ghaddafi’s Libya.     They haven’t included North Korea yet, but I am sure it’s turn will come around.

Factfinder quote    Especially when there is some attempt at prevention it’s selective and without enough authority to have any teeth.

God help us all if those corrupt UN crooks ever got any “teeth.”     That would be like providing MS-13 with a publicly funded army. 

Factfinder quote       It has left Israel in a precarious position with no way out

Which is a position Israel always finds itself in.     Fortunately, it has a lot of friends in this world who just happen to be the most inventive, intelligent, and productive people in the world.      Israel's enemies are Islam, and anybody who excuses Muslim terrorist behaviour by blaming Israel for being a victim or a religion which is little more than a death cult, and who’s most ardent supporters are lower than a snake’s duodenum.     

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  

ZeusAres42.   Thanks Bogan for finally admitting that for you it was never about defence against terrorism but your hate for Arab and Muslim countries. Thanks for admitting that you would like to see them all wiped off the face of the earth. 

Well, actually, it is about saving my own civilisation from degeneration and ultimate collapse, caused by people such as your good self, who think that always sneering at your own civilisation and it’s culture is somehow the “intelligent” thing to do.    

ZeusAres42

For factfinder it's defense terrorism.
      For maycaesr it's defense against terrorism.
      For me it's about defence against terrorism.

We-e-e-ell, my opinion is, that for you, is that it is either about virtue signalling grandstanding, or, displaying your party affiliation to your educated elitist caste.   Or, both factors together.

ZeusAres42         For you it's extremism. For you it's radicalism. You are an extremist. You are no different than Isis!

For me, it is the fun of trying to deprogram people like you, who have crazy opinions inserted into your receptive brains by your peers and the media.   It is also the fun or trying to remove the mental blocks inserted into your head, which you are unable to think beyond.

ZeusAres42.I'm against extremism and terrorism. Therefore I am also against you.

So, you are my enemy?      That is great, Zeus.      Everybody needs a good enemy.    Somebody you hate so much that you will do anything to beat the bastard    A good enemy keeps you on your toes and stops you from getting flabby.        One good thing about enemies, is that you know exactly where they stand with you.  Which can’t always be said about some of your friends.             

ZeusAres42
    • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      @MayCaesar ;  I choose the side of deep thinking and nuanced positions, against the side of childish one-dimensional outlooks. Good enough, pal? 

The only thing "good enough for me", tovarich, is debating against opponents who are at least honest.     You tried a well known dirty debating trick on me, which proves to me that you, a probably intelligent person who should have known better, was prepared to debate dishonestly against an opponent who was being entirely honest with you.       You are not back in the Rodina anymore, and if you are still thinking like a Soviet then alI I can say to you, is to grow up.   And if you are a good little tovarich, I might even stoop to forgive you and give you another chance debating with the adults in the room.  
    • Bogan said:
      @MayCaesar ;  I choose the side of deep thinking and nuanced positions, against the side of childish one-dimensional outlooks. Good enough, pal? 

alI I can say to you, is to grow up.   

You should take your own advice. 

Factfinder

• PhitePhite 94 Pts   -   edited March 28
      Joeseph said:

Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide

Article II

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

1. Killing members of the group;
      2. Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
      3. Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
      4. Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
      5. Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
      ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, it's genocide.  A lot of Israel-firsters refuse to accept anyone's word for what's going on EXCEPT for the ones committing war crimes.  That's the level of reason being displayed here.  It's humorous to see the cognitive dissonance regarding nutanyahoo's biblical Amalekite reference when talking about kids and babies needing to go, and those who believe he didn't mean what he said.
      Joeseph
    • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
      @ZeusAres42 ;    You should take your own advice. 

Ooooooohh.    Looks like I hit a nerve.  
      ZeusAres42