frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

There is nothing inherently wrong about rape, debate me

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6141 Pts   -  

Indeed, it is quite telling that religious people have a hard time condemning clearly vicious things committed in the name of religion: "They were not true Christians/Muslims/Buddhists", "Their actions were justified", "God works in mysterious ways"... Somehow I have no trouble acknowledging crimes of atheists: Pol Pot or Joseph Stalin were horrible people and their actions cannot be excused. Leninists burning churches down after the October revolution and killing the monks were evil bastards. I can easily say that because I have little in common with those people, and our agreement on one narrow fantasy issue does not at all imply some kind of "brotherhood".

Religious identity is different. A Christian will often speak for all Christians and against all atheists, Muslims, etc. They claim existence of free will, yet treat everyone as having hive minds.
    Factfinder
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 187 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ;  Christianity does not advocate for those things unlawful but as a Christian I would personally like to see rapists receive the death penalty and sodomites receive the option for mental health intervention or incarceration and drag queens who push their demonic confusion on our children be jailed for child abuse. These things are NOT acceptable in American society.

• FactfinderFactfinder 945 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ;  Christianity does not advocate for those things unlawful but as a Christian I would personally like to see rapists receive the death penalty and sodomites receive the option for mental health intervention or incarceration and drag queens who push their demonic confusion on our children be jailed for child abuse. These things are NOT acceptable in American society.

So glad to see you started suppressing your strong urge and desire to sodomize rapists as that is un American and we wouldn't tolerate that in our country we built.
    @Factfinder ; Every homosexual - lesbian - transsexual - queer - bisexual should be mandated mental health internment and treatment.
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 1126 Pts   -  
    Joeseph said:
    @just_sayin

Anyway after sludging through more of @Joeseph and @Factfinder 's bombing of this thread with their standard atheist fare (chapters 11 and 16 from 'is God a Moral Monster') ,

FF and I do not require a book regards Atheism.to constantly correct you and Rickey , common sense is all that's required.

I'm glad to see you're now reading books on Atheism but still cannot a decent argument to defend your delusional world views.
    Paul Copan's book, Is God a Moral Monster?  is not an atheistic book.  It addresses the allegations that you made in your posts - specifically the ones about Amalekites, slavery, and does the Bible support rape.  I am happy to debate the topics with you, but you should not bomb a different topic with them.  If you want to make your argument about these issues, then create your own thread on them.  You tendency is that after you lose the debate, you bomb the topic with some off topic issue and then spend your energy on that.  For example, this topic is not about slavery, the Amalekites, or even does the Bible support rape, but about if there is inherently anything wrong with rape.  You instantly bombed the Christianity debate with the issue of evil - you asked why God allows children to be born with cancer.  That's not the topic the OP is talking about.  Again, create a new topic and debate that issue if you like.  Just respect others debates and don't change the topic.
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    Joeseph said:
    @MayCaesar ;

The power of indoctrination is incredible it leads to people believing the most bizzare things , I agree it's very confusing indeed from a modern perspective.

Christians have this view of biblical times like some beautiful fairy tale where good always triumphs and evil is defeated ,  they attempt to silence those who disagree by saying every negative act by  God is actually not the case as  angry Atheists who are somehow misinterpreting what God said and meant when he laid down slavery laws,   commanded slaughter , etc etc . Very strange people they read one thing yet say it means something else when it casts god in a negative light.
    Again, this seems off topic.  Are you saying that the Bible led you to conclude that rape is good?  Is that your argument?  If not, this is an off topic bombing of yet another debate by you.  If you wish to debate this topic, why not create your own debate about it instead of bombing others debates with off topic diatribes?  just sayin
    RickeyHoltsclawJoeseph
    Joeseph said:
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Incorrect again Rickey I know the bible as written and intended you have to lie about what it says and pretend the unsavoury verses regards slavery , rape , pillage mean something else entirely, you actually use cherry picked chapters from the bible to contradict the bible and cannot see how ridiculous that makes you.

It's most interesting to me that you and @just_sayin will never say what denominations you both are whyvare you both so ashamed to mention which Americanised verion of the cult you both follow?
    How does my denomination, non-denominational, matter in the debate topic of is rape inherently wrong?  This seems like a spurious claim.  Do you believe that someone's denomination determines the answer to the debate?  Again, you are bombing the debate topic with an off topic agenda.  Create your own debate topic and say what you want there.  
    RickeyHoltsclaw
    Joeseph said:
    @MayCaesar ;

The power of indoctrination is incredible it leads to people believing the most bizzare things , I agree it's very confusing indeed from a modern perspective.

Christians have this view of biblical times like some beautiful fairy tale where good always triumphs and evil is defeated ,  they attempt to silence those who disagree by saying every negative act by  God is actually not the case as  angry Atheists who are somehow misinterpreting what God said and meant when he laid down slavery laws,   commanded slaughter , etc etc . Very strange people they read one thing yet say it means something else when it casts god in a negative light.
    Again, this seems off topic.  Are you saying that the Bible led you to conclude that rape is good?  Is that your argument?  If not, this is an off topic bombing of yet another debate by you.  If you wish to debate this topic, why not create your own debate about it instead of bombing others debates with off topic diatribes?  just sayin
    Wrong. You bombed this debate by implying evolution if it happens; would be responsible for the idea rape is okay by suggesting there some 'evolutionary purpose'. which is idiotic. Of course one must take idiotic leaps of faith to make such a claim but that's beside the point. You bombed this thread hoping to get the chance to repeat your religious chant of a silly notion about 'objective morality'. And you know it. Why do you insist on defending a faith that compels you to lie? https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/180279/#Comment_180279
    Joeseph
  • JoesephJoeseph 766 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

Hilarious this from you a  confused so called christian who I have to keep schooling on the bible, I will post where I want and when I want and regards " respecting " christian debaters why would I offer any respect to people who defend slavery?

You in actual fact are the one so obsessed with religious nonsense that you hi - jack every post just to continue preaching and promoting christian dogma .
    Joeseph said:
    @just_sayin

Hilarious this from you a  confused so called christian who I have to keep schooling on the bible, I will post where I want and when I want and regards " respecting " christian debaters why would I offer any respect to people who defend slavery?

You in actual fact are the one so obsessed with religious nonsense that you hi - jack every post just to continue preaching and promoting christian dogma .
    Don't bomb other people's debates with off topic discussions.  If you want to attack Christians, create your own debate to do so.  
    @MayCaesar

Quiet right. I've never heard an Atheist leader say I do this in the name of Atheism yet I've heard various  christian and Islamic  leaders including George Bush talk about " holy crusades".

As a former Catholic Rickey yesterday made the claim that the Catholic Church were nothing but a bunch of " blasphermers" , what a way to live everyone who isn't of your religios persuasion is doomed the Hades.

I genuinely wonder how people like Rickey function in a modern society.
    @just_sayin ;

You're still, crying over your whipping on biblical slavery , calm down Jesus ( ahem) ....loves you .....
    @Factfinder

He's nearly as deranged as Rickey, totally nuts.
  • JoesephJoeseph 766 Pts   -   edited May 20
    @just_sayin

WOW ! You and Rickets slag off every form of Christianity yet your own yet you both are to embarrassed to say what you are.

BTW I will post where I want when I want stop bombing the debate.

I suspect that Rickey will eventually convince himself that he is the only person in the history of mankind who will have ended up in Heaven. :D
    Factfinder
    Joeseph said:
    @MayCaesar ;

Wrong. You bombed this debate by implying evolution if it happens; would be responsible for the idea rape is okay by suggesting there some 'evolutionary purpose'. which is idiotic. Of course one must take idiotic leaps of faith to make such a claim but that's beside the point. You bombed this thread hoping to get the chance to repeat your religious chant of a silly notion about 'objective morality'. And you know it. Why do you insist on defending a faith that compels you to lie? https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/180279/#Comment_180279
    The OP mentioned evolution.  I am addressing the implications of the world view and how an evolutionary perspective impacts notions of morality.  That is not off topic but very much related to the topic.  
    @MayCaesar

It's incredible when you think Rickey actually believes he's a paragon of virtue and a prime example of how one should live , I wouldn't say home life is much fun for his unfortunate wife and kids.
    Factfinder
    @just_sayin

The OP mentioned evolution.  I am addressing the implications of the world view and how an evolutionary perspective impacts notions of morality.  That is not off topic but very much related to the topic.  

Again, why lie for your faith? If it's legit there would be no reason to lie. You can run from that question, but you can't hide from the answer that's internally nagging at you.

Nowhere in this entire thread did the op mention evolution; nowhere. You did. 

The op mentioned reproduction which I addressed. Then immediately afterward you chimed in with your "evolutionary goal" poisoning the well post. So of course once you slipped that in refutation to any notion of 'believing in evolution causes this kind of justification' was bound to come into the discussion. The best way to do that logically is to demonstrate like myself and @Joeseph did, showing biblical morality has no greater virtue or 'objective' source. Seriously, what about your faith compels you to lie so?
    Joeseph

This is why I always say that retirement is a bad idea. Not retirement in the sense of quitting your job and starting to do something else, but retirement from pursuing any real goals in general and starting to rot at one's home. Both the brain and body tend to decay quickly in that state. This is also one of the chief reasons I oppose unemployment welfare: have had a couple of friends get stuck in that, and it changed them in terrible ways.

When my grandparents "retired", they built a large garden and tended to it year around, growing fruits, vegetables, roots, leafy greens, etc. The grandmother would wake up at 5 am and run to the forest to pick mushrooms and berries, coming back at 9-10 am with two large buckets of goodies. The granddad would cycle to the lake 10 km away and fish for hours, then cycle back, then go to the forest to chop some wood, often just to keep in shape.
    Despite them having a HORRIBLE relationship and my granddad drinking vodka like a horse, both lived into late 80-s and were incredibly active until their last few days. Granddad's mind has gradually fallen apart because of excessive alcohol consumption, but even in his dimmest state he was brighter than Rickey.

This guy, I think, is living through a crisis, when he has given up on achieving anything and found the only consolation in a book promising him a better life after death. It is a little sad, but he brought it onto himself.
    @just_sayin

Again, why lie for your faith? If it's legit there would be no reason to lie. You can run from that question, but you can't hide from the answer that's internally nagging at you.

The op mentioned reproduction which I addressed. Then immediately afterward you chimed in with your "evolutionary goal" poisoning the well post. So of course once you slipped that in refutation to any notion of 'believing in evolution causes this kind of justification' was bound to come into the discussion. The best way to do that logically is to demonstrate like myself and @Joeseph did, showing biblical morality has no greater virtue or 'objective' source. Seriously, what about your faith compels you to lie so?
    I'll assume you didn't see the OPs post - here it is:

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/180284/#Comment_180284

Listen, your not going to be able to make me logical contradict myself. I'm not going to appeal to emotion with questions such as "what if your mom was raped" "you wouldn't be here debating without human rights" "without human rights and peace you would be suffering like those kids in the middle eastern war". Evolutionary goals being achieved is what gives humans satisfaction. The desire to achieve evolutionary goals is forced by pleasure upon doing so, it is what living beings serve a purpose for.
    I have observed you and Rickey go off on your mutual name calling of each other for months now.  Look over your posts.  Do you think a mentally healthy individual behaves like that?  Seriously?  It is hard to have any substantive discussion about any topic because it ends up with the 2 of you engaged in childish name calling.  I truly wish you would get yourself some help.  

• JoesephJoeseph 766 Pts   -   edited May 20
    @Factfinder

Well said , the guy constantly lies and misrepresents what his opponents say.  How do you even begin to reason  with a guy who thinks Atheism is a religion?
    @just_sayin

I'll assume you didn't see the OPs post - here it is:

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/180284/#Comment_180284

Listen, your not going to be able to make me logical contradict myself. I'm not going to appeal to emotion with questions such as "what if your mom was raped" "you wouldn't be here debating without human rights" "without human rights and peace you would be suffering like those kids in the middle eastern war". Evolutionary goals being achieved is what gives humans satisfaction. The desire to achieve evolutionary goals is forced by pleasure upon doing so, it is what living beings serve a purpose for.
    I have observed you and Rickey go off on your mutual name calling of each other for months now.  Look over your posts.  Do you think a mentally healthy individual behaves like that?  Seriously?  It is hard to have any substantive discussion about any topic because it ends up with the 2 of you engaged in childish name calling.  I truly wish you would get yourself some help.  

Now there you go again, just got to lie. You found somewhere AFTER you brought up "evolutionary goals" where the op actually said evolution, after you brought it up. I give that to you. Don't no how that post escaped me. Got me on one small insignificant point, after you bombed the debate with your evolutionary goals response. As I said.

Then you've observed ricky's arguments fail quickly and deteriorate into name calling in which I responded in kind. Just like when you're backed into a corner you start insulting though you've started to stop posting lately, you have in the past resorted to name calling so no sense in pretending you're above ricky's behavior. You just haven't done it recently is all.

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 187 Pts   -   edited May 20
    @Factfinder ; You've lost @Factfinder...you've lost your soul, your mind, your dignity, your commonsense, your wisdom, your discernment, as your atheism has destroyed your life...you have nothing to gloat over...you're a loser by choice, eternally. This is your free will choice.
    @Factfinder ; You've lost @Factfinder...you've lost your soul, your mind, your dignity, your commonsense, your wisdom, your discernment, as your atheism has destroyed your life...you have nothing to gloat over...you're a loser by choice, eternally. This is your free will cho

Me :Then you've observed ricky's arguments fail quickly and deteriorate into name calling in which I responded in kind. To Just-sayin

Ricky on the very next post of the thread: you've lost your soul, your mind, your dignity, your commonsense, your wisdom, your discernment, as your atheism has destroyed your life...you have nothing to gloat over...you're a loser by choice, eternally. This is your free will choice.

See my point just_sayin?
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 187 Pts   -   edited May 20
    @Factfinder ; These attributes you have lost due to losing your mind and soul in atheism...this is simply truth.

@Factfinder ; These attributes you have lost due to losing your mind and soul in atheism...this is simply truth.

These attributes you have lost due to losing your mind and soul in theism...this is simply truth.
    @Factfinder ; I have found truth and peace and joy in Jesus through the Holy Spirit...something that you cannot relate to because you have chosen death as opposed to life.

@Factfinder ; I have found truth and peace and joy in Jesus through the Holy Spirit...something that you cannot relate to because you have chosen death as opposed to life.

I have found truth and peace and joy in truth through the residing in reality...something that you cannot relate to because you have chosen death as opposed to life.
    @Factfinder ; Another example of your absence of wisdom and discernment as there is no "reality" in atheism...it's bunk wrapped in nihilism for fools and cowards. 

@Factfinder ; Another example of your absence of wisdom and discernment as there is no "reality" in atheism...it's bunk wrapped in nihilism for fools and cowards. 

Ricky: Another example of your absence of wisdom and discernment as there is no "reality" in theism...it's bunk wrapped in nihilism for fools and cowards. 
    @Factfinder ;  You find no reality in Jesus or the Scriptures because you're ignorant of both and your hate for both blinds your mind and you wisdom and your commonsense. Until you KNOW what you're blaspheming you're simply condemning yourself in your own self-ignorance. 

@Factfinder ;  You find no reality in Jesus or the Scriptures because you're ignorant of both and your hate for both blinds your mind and you wisdom and your commonsense. Until you KNOW what you're blaspheming you're simply condemning yourself in your own self-ignorance. 

You find no reality in in facts or knowledge because you're ignorant of both and your hate for both blinds your mind and your wisdom and your commonsense. Until you KNOW what you're blindly believing you're simply condemning yourself in your own self-ignorance. 
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 187 Pts   -   edited May 21
    @Factfinder ; I hate the demon that has destroyed you...I am here to counter him, not you...you have made yourself irrelevant...you have become fodder for the demonic and the atheistic world who feeds off of your foolishness and blasphemy.

@Factfinder ; I hate the demon that has destroyed you...I am here to counter him, not you...you have made yourself irrelevant...you have become fodder for the demonic and the atheistic world who feeds off of your foolishness and blasphemy.

Ricky, your passive aggressive style tends to raise doubts as to your sincerity. 
    @MayCaesar

It's remarkable the way some people use their time in retirement and how it affects them mentally ,your grandparents type of life has vast appeal. , I knew a retired physicist who  always was surrounded by a stack of books on a vast array of subjects which gave him tremendous enjoyment in retirement.  I think active retirement is the way to go find things that interest you and your time will fly. 

I will paint to the day I drop as its something I've done my entire life and its financially rewarding also, there is never enough time in the day when the creativity is flowing.

Yes indeed in Rickeys case I think they have every excuse for not being bold and following dreams as god has it all sorted at the other end , how dreadfully tragic.
    @Factfinder ; If you find my "style" offensive, that's your problem not mine. I have told you Truth that points to Jesus as Messiah for life eternal...the decision is yours to make and the judgment and discernment rests with the content, not the messenger. I fight the demon, you're standing in the way. I'm in battle, you're a bystander who provides very little substance other than fodder for the Devil.

@Joeseph ; Rickey is pointing you to life in the Kingdom with Jesus as your Messiah for the forgiveness of your sin but you would rather obfuscate in your arrogance and naive self-sufficiency and decay away into Hell in abject foolishness and nihilism...this is your free will decision, you are sowing and you will reap.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

When would I follow or worship your god who takes joy in infanticide?

Psalm 137:9 says, “Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks”
    @Joeseph ;  If you studied Psalm 137 and set-aside your vitriol for our Creator and the Gospel, you would understand that the psalmist is articulating a lament toward those who ravaged the Israeli people and murdered, raped, pillaged, tortured, women-children-babies....this is a cry of sorrow and anger from a victim of war much like that which manifest upon the people of Israel on October 7, 2023 and the Holocaust. This is not Elohim's advocacy of rape or incest or murder but of a victim of unconscionable war.
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

LOL ......Sure thing Rickey like slavery god doesn't really mean it as he tells Rickey what he really meant.
    @Joeseph ; Slavery is extant in the Scriptures as it's a reality and the Scriptures hide nothing from you...you do seek to obfuscate your unfaithfulness and path to Hell with fervor and hate for Elohim and the Gospel but you only bring greater wrath upon yourself.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

The Scriptures say your god approves of owning people as property,  you agree as you've vented your hatred of blacks often enough, I on the other hand detest such practices but then again I'm not a " christan" 
    @Joeseph ; Elohim does not approve of anyone owning another but allows human kind to make these decisions in accordance with free will and Elohim did approve of indentured servitude and custody of war refugees; this, for the benefit of those who were impoverished or dying in war so that they might have life, sustenance and protection in Israel's theocracy.

I policed the Black culture for 31-years, my opinion of this people group was formed via experiential relevance, hands-on horror...something you can't even fathom until you've held human brains in your hands or held a suffering family member for the horror of the violence that rages in the Black communities around the United States....until you've been there and done that....hold your judgment.
    @Factfinder ; If you find my "style" offensive, that's your problem not mine. I have told you Truth that points to Jesus as Messiah for life eternal...the decision is yours to make and the judgment and discernment rests with the content, not the messenger. I fight the demon, you're standing in the way. I'm in battle, you're a bystander who provides very little substance other than fodder for the Devil.

You haven't the intelligence to offend me. I pointed out your passive aggressive nature as just one more reason that if your elf god existed it'd be disgusted with how stoopid, evil and hateful you choose to be cause you don't know scripture. You are in no battle, you're in lala land playing the fool and the coward. You are Satan incarnate, the holy spirit told me so.
    Joeseph
    @Factfinder ; You don't see or understand the battle that rages around you because you're dead spiritually, blind spiritually...you live in a demonic vacuum of slothfulness, arrogance, self-sufficiency, self-righteousness...you are a typical, redundant, commonplace, blathering windbag for Satan and you refuse to humble yourself and find life in Jesus as your Messiah. You have chosen to be a enemy of our Creator, you lose.

• JoesephJoeseph 766 Pts   -   edited May 21
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Elohim does not approve of anyone owning another but allows human kind to make these decisions in accordance with free will and Elohim did approve of indentured servitude and custody of war refugees; this, for the benefit of those who were impoverished or dying in war so that they might have life, sustenance and protection in Israel's theocracy.

Why do I have to keep schooling you and Just Sayin on what your god says in your bible?

You're both like children the way despite me continuously proving you both wrong that you actually contradict the words of your own god.

Leviticus 25:44-46
    New International Version
    44 “‘Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. 45 You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. 46 You can bequeath them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

I policed the Black culture for 31-years, my opinion of this people group was formed via experiential relevance, hands-on horror...something you can't even fathom until you've held human brains in your hands or held a suffering family member for the horror of the violence that rages in the Black communities around the United States....until you've been there and done that....hold your judgment.

Y
    es I know you hate blacks I don't need to know about your hatred and bigotry. I lived in the US and found blacks to be the very same as whites great , good , and bad the same as it is all over the world , you cannot just demonise a sizable part of your population going on skin colour.

@Factfinder ; You don't see or understand the battle that rages around you because you're dead spiritually, blind spiritually...you live in a demonic vacuum of slothfulness, arrogance, self-sufficiency, self-righteousness...you are a typical, redundant, commonplace, blathering windbag for Satan and you refuse to humble yourself and find life in Jesus as your Messiah. You have chosen to be a enemy of our Creator, you lose.

I see and understand way more than you. You live in a demonic vacuum of slothfulness, arrogance, self-sufficiency, self-righteousness...you are a typical, redundant, commonplace, blathering windbag for Satan and you refuse to humble yourself. The spirit told me this fact about you. You're hell bound for stupidity. 
    @Joeseph ; Again, Elohim, allowed Israel to take into the fold those who were destitute and victims of war...if this is somehow repugnant to you as it feeds your seared and demonically debased conscience...that is YOUR business...enjoy that.

I am very disappointed in the Black culture in the United States who willingly fell victim to Democrat-Progressive deception. 
    @Factfinder ; The "spirit" that controls your life and your future is not of Light but of the darkness.

@Factfinder ; The "spirit" that controls your life and your future is not of Light but of the darkness.

Ricky the "spirit" that controls your life and your future is not of Light but of the darkness.