Introverts Or Extrovert - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Introverts Or Extrovert
in General

which do you think is better introverts or extroverts
  1. Introvert Or Extrovert

2 votes
    1. Introvert
      50.00%
    2. Extrovert
      50.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• "better" in what context? Extroverts are better communicators, for example.
  • I mean preffered
  • I’m in the middle. I could honestly be friends with either as long as I like their other personality traits.
    cheesycheese
    Sovereignty for Kekistan
  • I still do not understand. "Prefered" in what context? I would prefer for an extrovert to handle a salesman job, for example. And when I think about it... I would not specifically prefer an introvert to do anything. Everything introverts achieve, extroverts can as well. Being an introvert means not being interested enough in communicating with other people. What benefits can that have? 
  • AlexOland said:
    I still do not understand. "Prefered" in what context? I would prefer for an extrovert to handle a salesman job, for example. And when I think about it... I would not specifically prefer an introvert to do anything. Everything introverts achieve, extroverts can as well. Being an introvert means not being interested enough in communicating with other people. What benefits can that have? 
    Thats because introverts don’t parade their achievements around like extroverts do introverts make beter leaders because they don’t trust their own ideas and listen to the public think about it who would be better at writing a book an extrovert who can’t stand being alone or an introvert and besides it’s smalltalk that introverts hate in fact extrovert salesmen can be worse than introvert salesman because people feel forced to buy the product with an extrovert salesman while introverted salesmen give a choice 
  • @cheesycheese It seems like you are letting your emotions affect the way you think. 
    "introverts don’t parade their achievements around like extroverts do"
     You are assuming that every extrovert does this, which is incorrect. Most of the people I know actually don't like to brag about their successes.

"introverts make beter leaders because they don’t trust their own ideas and listen to the public"
     Again, assuming that extroverts only value their own ideas, which is false.

"think about it who would be better at writing a book"
     Introverts would be better at writing a book about being an introvert and that's it. If introverts tried to write a book that involves more characters than one, they would struggle. Extroverts have an advantage, they know more people. So we can say that extroverts can think of more believable characters.

"extrovert salesmen can be worse than introvert salesman because people feel forced to buy the product"
     And again, you are assuming that every extrovert is the over-doing type. Salesman people, whose job is to talk to customers, should be those that have good communication skills. Extroverts have good communication skills, introverts do (usually) not. Even if we assume that we have some special brand introvert that can easily talk to people but chooses not to, he would not like being a salesman and this would affect his performance at work.

I am no psychologist, but I can tell you this: You are letting your emotions get in the way. I know, that because you are an introvert, everyone around you seems like an antagonist to you. You probably feel like all extroverts are idiots and that you are the smart one beside them. All of these thoughts, of course, stems from hate. Which will hold you back all your life unless you learn to let go of it. 
  • Extroverts are better at communicating their thoughts with others. Introverts are better at communicating their thoughts with themselves. Both approaches can be effective or detrimental, depending on the circumstances. Extroverts make for better leaders, they tend to be more willing to take risks and to act on what they believe in. Introverts tend to have deeper ideas and think their actions through.

I would say that being an introvert is better when it comes to planning and long-term thinking, while extroverts are better at immediate action and short-term thinking. It does not mean that the average introvert is going to be more successful long-term than the average extravert, but rather, I would say, it means that the introvert's life will develop more alongside their plans, while the extravert's life is going to be more chaotic and unpredictable.

I tend to be a mix of both. Sometimes I feel like interacting with people and sharing my thoughts with them; other times I need a lot of time to myself. In the end, I feel like how I act comes more from my inner world than from my surroundings, but I am not oblivious to what is happening around me and can often use it to my advantage.

Following the Dungeons&Dragons behavioral classification, I tend to see myself as "Chaotic Good". I do not like predictability in life and I value individual freedoms above everything else - but I am not willing to trespass on other people's freedoms in order to exercise mine.
  • AlexOland said:
    @cheesycheese It seems like you are letting your emotions affect the way you think. 
    "introverts don’t parade their achievements around like extroverts do"
     You are assuming that every extrovert does this, which is incorrect. Most of the people I know actually don't like to brag about their successes.

"introverts make beter leaders because they don’t trust their own ideas and listen to the public"
     Again, assuming that extroverts only value their own ideas, which is false.

"think about it who would be better at writing a book"
     Introverts would be better at writing a book about being an introvert and that's it. If introverts tried to write a book that involves more characters than one, they would struggle. Extroverts have an advantage, they know more people. So we can say that extroverts can think of more believable characters.

"extrovert salesmen can be worse than introvert salesman because people feel forced to buy the product"
     And again, you are assuming that every extrovert is the over-doing type. Salesman people, whose job is to talk to customers, should be those that have good communication skills. Extroverts have good communication skills, introverts do (usually) not. Even if we assume that we have some special brand introvert that can easily talk to people but chooses not to, he would not like being a salesman and this would affect his performance at work.

I am no psychologist, but I can tell you this: You are letting your emotions get in the way. I know, that because you are an introvert, everyone around you seems like an antagonist to you. You probably feel like all extroverts are idiots and that you are the smart one beside them. All of these thoughts, of course, stems from hate. Which will hold you back all your life unless you learn to let go of it. 
    You are being hypocritical you claim that i’m stereotyping but you yourself claim that introverts aren’t empathetic which is false
  • @cheesycheese This isn't about empathy. If you know more people, you have an advantage about writing different characters. Simple fact. 
  • @AlexOland
    Introverts are creative so the characters are much more interesting then in real life extroverts aren’t as creative so the characters are more based on real life which is more boring than many books
  • I am a belly dancer, so that means I am extroverted.
  • @cheesycheese Introverts are not more creative than extroverts. That is a myth.

A character needs to be believable. We would not want to read the same guy talking to himself. The writer should know about many people and the way they think or act.
  • @AlexOland ever heard of JK Rowling the author of Harry Potter she was introverted
    https://medium.com/@Favournella/10-habits-of-successful-introverts-5f1666bce7b9