frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Are some of the Atheists on the internet, protesting Religion in a fair and equal way?

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

PROVE IT?

"Can you prove what your atheist hating friend RickyD is saying with any evidence,"

"that exists outside of your own Atheist hating and own "non-theistic religious" hating rhetoric box?"

Prove it?
    Show me, my own word's, where I have ever said to any Atheist on Debate Island, that I hate them?

@ZeusAres42 Copy and paste my own Atheist hating word's, so that the Public on this website can be educated, on my non existent Atheist hate? 

• TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

I have an Equal and Fair challenge for your individual non religious mindset:

See if you can "Disprove" this fellows Published Book?

https://www.amazon.com/Faitheist-Atheist-Common-Ground-Religious-ebook/dp/B007WKEMCI

Faitheist: How an Atheist Found Common Ground with the Religious"

"Description

Product Description

The story of a former Evangelical Christian turned openly gay atheist who now works to bridge the divide between atheists and the religious"

"The stunning popularity of the “New Atheist” movement—whose most famous spokesmen include Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and the late Christopher Hitchens—speaks to both the growing ranks of atheists and the widespread, vehement disdain for religion among many of them. In Faitheist, Chris Stedman tells his own story to challenge the orthodoxies of this movement and make a passionate argument that atheists should engage religious diversity respectfully."

"Becoming aware of injustice, and craving community, Stedman became a “born-again” Christian in late childhood. The idea of a community bound by God’s love—a love that was undeserved, unending, and guaranteed—captivated him. It was, he writes, a place to belong and a framework for making sense of suffering."

"But Stedman’s religious community did not embody this idea of God’s love: they were staunchly homophobic at a time when he was slowly coming to realize that he was gay. The great suffering this caused him might have turned Stedman into a life-long New Atheist. But over time he came to know more open-minded Christians, and his interest in service work brought him into contact with people from a wide variety of religious backgrounds. His own religious beliefs might have fallen away, but his desire to change the world for the better remained. Disdain and hostility toward religion was holding him back from engaging in meaningful work with people of faith. And it was keeping him from full relationships with them—the kinds of relationships that break down intolerance and improve the world."

"In Faitheist, Stedman draws on his work organizing interfaith and secular communities, his academic study of religion, and his own experiences to argue for the necessity of bridging the growing chasm between atheists and the religious. As someone who has stood on both sides of the divide, Stedman is uniquely positioned to present a way for atheists and the religious to find common ground and work together to make this world—the one world we can all agree on—a better place."

This guy, has placed his opinions and perceptions out in Published form.

Now, if you find yourself disagreeing with him, the guy is on Social Media, so, it wouldn't be hard to, challenge his opinions or perceptions, would it?

He's on Twitter, and Instagram.

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

PROVE IT?

"Can you prove what your atheist hating friend RickyD is saying with any evidence,"

"that exists outside of your own Atheist hating and own "non-theistic religious" hating rhetoric box?"

Prove it?
    Show me, my own word's, where I have ever said to any Atheist on Debate Island, that I hate them?

@ZeusAres42 Copy and paste my own Atheist hating word's, so that the Public on this website can be educated, on my non existent Atheist hate? 

Enjoy your trolling cake of words @TKDB

You've made it abundantly clear to most of us on this site that you are are troll. And so now I now just feed your own trolling words back to you. Perhaps you like eating your own sh!t I guess. 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

He’s a buffoon, his final tactic is to ask his opponent to consider the words of some random he’s found on the Internet , the appropriate response to the troll is mockery 
    ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I figured as much:

Prove it?

@ZeusAres42 Copy and paste my own Atheist hating word's, so that the Public on this website can be educated, on my non existent Atheist hate?  

You can't even copy and paste any PROOF, and support your own claims, and your response explains why.

"Enjoy your trolling cake of words @TKDB

You've made it abundantly clear to most of us on this site that you are are troll. And so now I now just feed your own trolling words back to you. Perhaps you like eating your own sh!t I guess."
    ZeusAres42
  • @Dee

He must be completely deluded if he thinks he's getting any rise out of us. He really is pathetic.
    PlaffelvohfenDee

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I’d say even his own wife and kids breathe a sigh of relief when he ventures off to the weekly  Westboro Baptist meet up ........
    Plaffelvohfen
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

I figured as much:

Prove it?

@ZeusAres42 Copy and paste my own Atheist hating word's, so that the Public on this website can be educated, on my non existent Atheist hate?  

You can't even copy and paste any PROOF, and support your own claims, and your response explains why.

You've made it abundantly clear to most of us on this site that you are are troll. And so now I now just feed your own trolling words back to you. Perhaps you like eating your own sh!t I guess."
    TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

I figured as much:

Prove it?

Enjoy your trolling cake of words @TKDB 

PlaffelvohfenDee

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Where's YOUR evidence against me ?

Why cant you copy and paste YOUR evidence against me @ZeusAres42?

How many conversations have we had?
    Over a 100, I would imagine, I would guess?

This from you, isn't any evidence:

"You've made it abundantly clear to most of us on this site that you are are troll. And so now I now just feed your own trolling words back to you. Perhaps you like eating your own sh!t I guess."

Enjoy your trolling cake of words @TKDB."

This is the theme of the forum:

Are some of the Atheists on the internet, protesting Religion in a fair and equal way?

@ZeusAres42 ; Cussing me out, and using the Troll word, is this how go about equally and fairly presenting your non Religious counter arguments?

• TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

"You've made it abundantly clear to most of us on this site that you are are troll. And so now I now just feed your own trolling words back to you. Perhaps you like eating your own sh!t I guess."

@ZeusAres42 ; Cussing me out, and using the Troll word, is this how go about equally and fairly presenting your non Religious counter arguments?

TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

Enjoy your trolling cake of words @TKDB 

Plaffelvohfen

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    TKDB said:
    Go have a look, more Atheist influences to educate yourselves with. @TKDB

TKDB said:
    Go have a look, more Atheist influences to educate yourselves with. @TKDB

Btw, isn't advertising other forums against the rules here? Anyway, good luck with your trolling on your new-found forum @TKDB. All the petty best.
    Plaffelvohfen

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    *Some* probably do. In my view, my objections to religion are fair; not sure if they are "equal", as you have to specify equality to what you have in mind.

I do not have anything against people who believe that 2+2=5, but I believe 2+2=5 to be a false statement. This describes pretty well how I view religion. Someone being religious is fine; religion is falsity. Applies to all religious people and to all religions fairly and equally.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

******The only one in need of education is you and you claim to be a Christian yet are totally lost when one asks you a simple question about religion proving yet again you’re just a childish Troll
    ZeusAres42
  • MayCaesar said:
    *Some* probably do. In my view, my objections to religion are fair; not sure if they are "equal", as you have to specify equality to what you have in mind.

I do not have anything against people who believe that 2+2=5, but I believe 2+2=5 to be a false statement. This describes pretty well how I view religion. Someone being religious is fine; religion is falsity. Applies to all religious people and to all religions fairly and equally.
    I really don't we can blanket statements saying all religious people and religion are a falsity as that is a very wild accusation. @MayCaesar

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Why not debate me in Public, thus allowing the Public to be educated on how some Atheists talk to others online? 

******The only one in need of education is you and you claim to be a Christian yet are totally lost when one asks you a simple question about religion proving yet again you’re just a childish Troll"
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Do not get me wrong; I am not accusing anyone of anything. I am talking about a very particular system of beliefs and have nothing against people following it; I simply have an opinion on that system of beliefs, but someone following or not following it in no way affects my opinion of them.

We all believe in a lot of falsities. Religious people are not special in this regard, it is just that the falsity of one of the aspects of their world view is pretty easy to pinpoint.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

But you don't debate you've never attempted to do so , you're a Troll you know it , I know it and everyone else knows it 
  • chelseabchelseab 5 Pts   -  
    personally, i am an atheist. but i also strongly support religious people and their rights 100%. i also strongly agree with their politics and opinions. it is often said that atheist are immoral because they don’t have a god to tell them that abortion is wrong, but i think that people form values on their own. and being an atheist doesn’t mean you have to be pro choice or anti-capitalism. i don’t see why if as an atheist i have these opinions, they’d at least respect my values. of course they would want me to be christians/whatever religion like them, but i don’t think they hate. i really think christians still love everyone. i think it’s when the atheist is ignorant and has what they see as awful values, they start to dislike the person. @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @chelseab

Why are you addressing this to me?