Conscious Awareness. - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Conscious Awareness.

Debate Information

Enlightenment.

Spiritual Awakening.

Third Eye opening.

Cleansing your aura/chakras.

These are some of the terms brought when we speak of Mindfulness. What is it? In my own words, mindfulness is closely related to the idea or practice of the list mentioned above. To be aware of everything around you in the present moment and disuade from carrying your mind away into thoughts irrelevant to the the current situation. To feel confident 100% and be sharp with prestige on everything you start and focus. For those who haven’t experienced this phenomena I think you’ll experience it atleast once in your lifetime. For those who have experienced it and agree this phenomena exists, What do you have to share about it. As far as I know, i’ve experienced it twice and in both times it was triggered by different events, yet what ceased it from functioning I believe was the same one thing.

We are thought to be humans functioning only on autopilot. When you are consciously awaken, everything feels way way different. You wake up earlier, nothing worries you, you have no fear, you feel like you could conversate with anybody, you feel superior and supportive, you can ceiticaly think sharper and hear things clearer than ever before with a response time faster and wiser u ever could.

Each time it happened was during the morning as soon as waking up in the morning. Once was after coming home late from going out and falling asleep, imo in a way where I believe the position i slept in miraculously perfected my posture and therefore waking up with such energy and confidence unlike any feeing. The second time came after I cried truthfully with such pain and sorrow that I felt to sleep from it. The second I woke up fresh and popping like a new person. You cant ignore the feeling because its almost as if you wake up as a new different person.

My question is has anyone had this experience and how did it happen, why, and what you think about it. Im curious to know.
Blastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• exconexcon 228 Pts   -   edited September 12
    To be aware of everything around you in the present moment and disuade from carrying your mind away into thoughts irrelevant to the the current situation.

My question is has anyone had this experience and how did it happen, why, and what you think about it. Im curious to know.

Hello b:

Yes..  On mescaline.  Naturalistic use of Mescaline is associated with self-reported psychiatric improvements and enduring positive life changes.

excon

• BlastcatBlastcat 178 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: The post does not present a debatable question

its not a debate.. it's a request for chit chat
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1130 Pts   -  
    @bjinthirty
    These are some of the terms brought when we speak of Mindfulness. (Enlightenment. Spiritual Awakening. Third Eye opening. Cleansing your aura/chakras.)

To you maybe, and any other spiritualistic airheads or someone like Exon, spaced out on substances.

For rational, intelligent, focused human beings, such a condition is commonplace most of the time and we call it "being fully aware".

It is pitiful that there are others who are so scatter-brained and can't think straight that they have to resort to absurdities such as spiritualism and substance abuse.

• piloteerpiloteer 1364 Pts   -  
    excon said:
    To be aware of everything around you in the present moment and disuade from carrying your mind away into thoughts irrelevant to the the current situation.

Hello b:

Yes..  On mescaline.  Naturalistic use of Mescaline is associated with self-reported psychiatric improvements and enduring positive life changes.

excon

Ya, unfortunately I've only ever experienced those feelings while on psychedelic drugs, like mushrooms or LSD. Not to say an enlightened understanding cannot be reached naturally, or it is only ever a fleeting moment of a higher awareness, but I've never "achieved" anything like what you're describing without drugs. Meditation and yoga are millennia old techniques, which are medically proven to be affective at helping the human body and mind, and they may help one reach an emotion of inner peace, and through different meditation techniques and a religious dedication and discipline, one could achieve a higher awareness. But there's some sacrifices and hard work to be made before one can achieve this (if they can at all).       

I'd rather just stick to instant gratification through consumerism though. But hey, that's just me. 
    Blastcat
  • exconexcon 228 Pts   -  
    Swolliw said:

To you maybe, and any other spiritualistic airheads or someone like Exon, spaced out on substances.

Hello Swallow:

That's excon, if you please.

The hallmark for ignorance, isn't somebody who's ignorant.. It's those who wish to stay that way.  Therefore, I remain confident that if I refer you to a Netflix documentary called fantastic mushrooms, where you'll learn how trees talk to each other, you'll NEVER see it..

Poor lad.

excon

@excon
    Therefore, I remain confident that if I refer you to a Netflix documentary called fantastic mushrooms

And, how many fantastic mushrooms did you consume prior to writing this post?

But I will take a look at it though. I don't mind watching a bit of humor every now and then.

• exconexcon 228 Pts   -  

Ya, unfortunately I've only ever experienced those feelings while on psychedelic drugs, like mushrooms or LSD.
    Hello P:

The true benefit from psychedelics is not to experience enlightenment only when you're high, but to experience it forever..  That is available.

excon
  • bjinthirtybjinthirty 91 Pts   -  
    Blastcat said:

The debate is whether mindfulness exists or not. And if it does, proven by scientific means then how can you trigger it?. Swolliw said:
    @bjinthirty
    These are some of the terms brought when we speak of Mindfulness. (Enlightenment. Spiritual Awakening. Third Eye opening. Cleansing your aura/chakras.)

For rational, intelligent, focused human beings, such a condition is commonplace most of the time and we call it "being fully aware".

It is pitiful that there are others who are so scatter-brained and can't think straight that they have to resort to absurdities such as spiritualism and substance abuse.

piloteer said:
    excon said:

Hello b:

excon

Ya, unfortunately I've only ever experienced those feelings while on psychedelic drugs, like mushrooms or LSD. Not to say an enlightened understanding cannot be reached naturally, or it is only ever a fleeting moment of a higher awareness, but I've never "achieved" anything like what you're describing without drugs. Meditation and yoga are millennia old techniques, which are medically proven to be affective at helping the human body and mind, and they may help one reach an emotion of inner peace, and through different meditation techniques and a religious dedication and discipline, one could achieve a higher awareness. But there's some sacrifices and hard work to be made before one can achieve this (if they can at all).       

I'd rather just stick to instant gratification through consumerism though. But hey, that's just me. 

He might be right. The curiosity still a mystery to me is that both times came in different forms. The first time I was sober as a bird and had barely finished off unloading all my furniture to my new home by mysef. I was so exhausted and tired drinking nothing but water that day. At night while going to sleep, I cried like a B*** privately just all the awful stuff inside me I was letting go to myself and to god. Next morning woke up ready to be president feeing wise and unstoppable. This rush ended the moment I smoked weed and woke up the next day the feeling was gone. The second time I was enlightened, again it stopped after doing drugs and waking up next morning, gone. Both times I experienced enlightenment was when waking up and both times i lost it was when waking up.. 
    Ill see what this mescaline is all about tho. Id give anything to get that enlightenment back again.
    Swolliw said:
    @bjinthirty
    The debate is whether mindfulness exists or not. And if it does, proven by scientific means then how can you trigger it?. Swolliw said:
    No it isn't. May I refresh your memory once again? The vey first words you wrote were: "Enlightenment. Spiritual Awakening. Third Eye opening. Cleansing your aura/chakras."  Were they not?....Yes they were.

You immediately went on to qualify by saying: "These are some of the terms brought when we speak of Mindfulness." Did you not? Yes you did.

And I quite correctly replied that you are talking a load of absolutely unproven, airheaded baloney. Furthermore, you have the gall to say "We" without any sort of qualification whatsoever. So, let's qualify "we"....... any airheaded nit-wit who believes such nonsensical rubbish. 

It is whatever I just said it is l… even if you misunderstand it differently from the beginning. You got a big mouth on you that is for certain.
  • BlastcatBlastcat 178 Pts   -   edited September 13
    Blastcat said:

The debate is whether mindfulness exists or not. And if it does, proven by scientific means then how can you trigger it?.

No, that was not the question.
    This was the question:

" My question is has anyone had this experience and how did it happen, why, and what you think about it. Im curious to know. "

Bjinthirty is asking for anecdotes. Chit chat about drug use and so on.

Being high isn't being mindful. It's being high.
    Anecdotal evidence of .. whatever woo woo drug induced states doesn't impress me.

Some people yell and scream in churches for the same effect. They claim God. Woo hoo. Not impressed.

• @bjinthirty

enlightenment...Does not happen over and over again to someone...
    We are aware, or we are oblivious...
    We are conscious, or we are unconscious...
    We move, or we are still...
    We dream, or we daydream...
    Blastcat said:
    Blastcat said:

The debate is whether mindfulness exists or not. And if it does, proven by scientific means then how can you trigger it?.

No, that was not the question.
    This was the question:

" My question is has anyone had this experience and how did it happen, why, and what you think about it. Im curious to know. "

Bjinthirty is asking for anecdotes. Chit chat about drug use and so on.

Being high isn't being mindful. It's being high.
    Anecdotal evidence of .. whatever woo woo drug induced states doesn't impress me.

Some people yell and scream in churches for the same effect. They claim God. Woo hoo. Not impressed.

Read my follow up post choir boy where I actually changed the chit chat into a debate question. My sincerest apologies for the misunderstanding but I corrected it.

Also, the pre cursive understanding of yours that drugs is the primary connection between the topic and debate is hands down, cellulous. I did mention drugs but never as a pre cursor to induce the consciousness effect. Nor did I suggest drugs as a way to experiment stimulating mindfulness. I never intended to stimulate enlightenment through drugs as a primary. But drugs were the primary reason why my enlightenment experience was gone.

Why consciousness isn’t an important goal for us?. Why isn’t it deeply studied and why is science not researching as it should. I believe the importance of consciously awakening plays a major role in the functioning of government and society. Being consciously awaken isnt just a little thing. It is huge. It has the potential to turn a lazy uneducated individual into a high functioning entrepreneur/politician. It can create beautiful gorgeous women seen married with the ugliest but consciously awaken men. Finding a accurate way to create mindfulness for people to use may be predictable as a risk to economic balancie. In my experience, consciousness is not something I understand of how and why it happens. Where it comes from and what part of the brain stimulates this phenomena. However, I have concluded that consciousness can be stimulated greatly if you master the skill to block all your thoughts or dont mind them.

Close your eyes and try to think of nothing without a single thought interrupting you. You will see that thoughts fly into your mind unstoppable to your demise. Mastering to block these thoughts is part of being mindfulness. Another form I experienced is out of empathy. I know it is hard for me to cry but I wish zincould cry more. As a man privately try to think of all the guilt and bad stuff you hold inside you and just cry it all out like a little girl. cry from the heart like you mean it but by the end of crying make sure you are forgiveful and from crying build a little determined courage but with a pure heart. I promise you will wake up refreshed and if your lucky enlightened.
    Every historic event in our history is written in the names of great men and women. All who share similar stories of enlightenment:

George Washington
    Albert Einstein
    Voltaire
    Benjamin Franklin
    John Locke
    George Carlin
    Russell Brand
    John Lennon
    Jim Carey
    Will Smith
    more….

@bjinthirty
    It is whatever I just said it is l… even if you misunderstand it differently from the beginning. 

Okay, if I misunderstood everything from the beginning can you please explain what I misunderstood about the beginning of the thread, namely: "Enlightenment. Spiritual Awakening. Third Eye opening. Cleansing your aura/chakras. These are some of the terms brought when we speak of Mindfulness."

It's all very well to make a statement but qualifying it  with intelligent argument, reason or evidence is another thing. 

This is the third time I have challenged you on this point and you have failed to address it. "It is whatever I just said".....hardly qualifies for the first prize in the intellect stakes. In fact you have now resorted to making a personal attack ("You got a big mouth on you that is for certain").in lieu of making a considered reply and you have been for it.