frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What Are The Goals Of Hamas?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 847 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Child Soldiers of Hamas

MineSubCraftStarved

MineSubCraftStarved

MineSubCraftStarved

There have been numerous documented cases of Hamas training children to participate in military activities. The training includes instruction on kidnapping and attacking Israeli soldiers, using anti-tank weaponry, and snipers. Additionally, there have been reports of Hamas holding annual summer camps to recruit child soldiers
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

You're a disgusting, sick animal.

Dee
    @JulesKorngold

Dee
    @JulesKorngold

Dee

You know as well as I do they aren't Palestinian child soldiers, which is why you never include a link to the source. You're a sick, depraved monster. A truly disgusting animal.
    Dee
    Argument Topic: Fake Palestinian Photo

MineSubCraftStarved
    @JulesKorngold

Stop deflecting like the worm you are and link your source for the photos you keep spamming and repeatedly claiming are Palestinian child soldiers.
    @JulesKorngold

Yup, that's what I thought you worm.
  • @Nomenclature
    A simple Wikipedia search shows that Palestinians were already living in Palestine during the days of the Ottoman Empire, which dates back to the sixteenth century. It also shows that you are myth-building:-
    True, there was a small population in the ottoman times, but I never claimed Palestine to be completely barren. But the huge increase in the Arab population from 489,000 to 1,324,000 during the course of only 57 years can be attributed most logically to immigration. The population tripled over the course of 60 years, it is only logical that it was due in large part to immigration rather than natural growth.
    So you're saying that agreements dating twenty-seven years after Israel acquired the land illegally, exonerate Israel from its responsibilities under international law for the twenty-seven years it had already held the land?
    Then condemnations might've been valid during those twenty-seven years, but to condemn Israel thirty years later for its "occupation" of Judea and Samaria is absurd.

Quite literally comical, but of course nowhere near as comical as your idea that a treaty between Israel and Jordan has any bearing on land seized from Egypt.

I also mentioned the camp David accords where Egypt recognized Israeli control of Gaza. Next time, please read my argument in more detail.
    No, it means they investigated 6 cases and these were the total number of dead in the 6 cases they investigated.
    And that means you can claim only 12 people died as a result of Israeli white phosphorous. The report only found and investigated six cases of Israeli use of white phosphorous, meaning one can logically assume that there were only six cases where Israel certainly used white phosphorous illegally. If you have evidence of further deaths caused by Israeli white phosphorous, then you are free to demonstrate it.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8151336.stm
    The article mentioned the organization BtS(Breaking the Silence), which only pertained to criticizing Israel for its events past 2000. And thus are irrelevant to the claim that Israel had been repressing the Arab populace in Gaza before its withdrawal.
    Next time, check up on your sources.
    Oh please. Throwing stones at each other was something we did on a daily basis during my childhood
    Not during my childhood, regardless, but that doesn't detract from the danger posed by stones. You can easily kill someone with a well placed throw to the head.
    Nobody got shot dead because of it. We all lived. Shooting people who are throwing stones is not a proportionate response you absolute psychopath.
    Throwing stones can certainly kill people. There is no other point to throw stones at people other than to hurt and kill them, and thus attack them. And since security forces were attacked, it was valid for them to respond likewise with force.
    Good luck throwing stones at the police or soldiers in most countries and expecting to get away with it. 
    https://newspunch.com/un-declares-israel-as-having-worlds-worst-human-rights/
    Anybody or person that declares Israel to be the worst human rights abuser in the world should receive no serious response. Somehow Israel is worse than Syria, which gases its citizens. China, who genocides its Uyghur population. Or Iran represses free speech and its women. Why Israel, a full functional democracy that offers greater rights and freedoms than any other middle eastern country, including to Arabs, is declared to be the worst human rights abuser is beyond me.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/amnesty-international-reveals-the-10-worst-attacks-on-human-rights-across-the-world-last-year-a6892911.html
    Usually when civilians are killed by Israeli security forces, it is in response towards violent attacks, such as stone throwing, or sometimes they are caught in the crossfire. While there have been cases of Israeli barbarism, these cases are so isolated that they do not constitute a general or systematic assessment of Israel's policy in the West Bank. Israel does not go out of its way to kill Palestinians, and if it did, there would be hardly any population left in the West Bank and Gaza, yet the population there is increasing it an immense rate.
    Also, usually when I have looked into reports of "Israeli torture on civilians," the vast majority of the time it is based purely on eye-witness accounts and thus cannot be verified through other sources.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't respond specifically to the study mentioned in your website as it wasn't linked.
    Any criticism of Israel's monstrous human rights abuses you automatically label anti-Semitic
    When did I say that?
    Your attitude is sick, your mind is sick, and you have all the excuse-ridden personality traits of a full-blown sociopath.
    Insulting me only makes your argument look worse to the audience.
    JulesKorngoldNomenclature

MineSubCraftStarved
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    @MineSubCraftStarved
    True, there was a small population in the ottoman times

So you weren't telling the truth, were you?

but I never claimed Palestine to be completely barren

You claimed:-

The modern Palestinian population can hardly be considered "indigenous,"

So you weren't telling the truth, were you?

But the huge increase in the Arab population from 489,000 to 1,324,000 during the course of only 57 years can be attributed most logically to immigration.

And you're still not telling the truth, because I just showed you that claim is hotly disputed. 

The population tripled over the course of 60 years

The population of the entire world has tripled over the course of 70 years. Is that "logically" because of immigration to Earth from outer space? The population of China has tripled during roughly the same period. Is that due to immigration?

You're inventing your own facts. As per usual.

Then condemnations might've been valid during those twenty-seven years

Might have been? Look, Israel disregarded international law and used its relationship with the United States to escape sanction. That behaviour has been a pattern over many decades. 

I also mentioned the camp David accords where Egypt recognized Israeli control of Gaza

It doesn't matter what Egypt "recognized". The Israelis were in illegal occupation of land which didn't belong to them.

And that means you can claim only 12 people died as a result of Israeli white phosphorous.

Yes, but it doesn't necessarily mean only 12 people died as a result of white phosphorus abuse. 

meaning one can logically assume that there were only six cases 

No, that is not logical. That is you once again inventing your own facts.

If you have evidence of further deaths caused by Israeli white phosphorous, then you are free to demonstrate it.

This is you pretending that absence of evidence necessarily constitutes evidence of absence.

The article mentioned the organization BtS(Breaking the Silence), which only pertained to criticizing Israel for its events past 2000. 

I'm not interested in your deflections. If Israel has ever used Palestinian children as human shields, either pre or post 2000, that is condemnable and atrocious. It is made even more so by the continuous accusations from Israel, entirely absent credible evidence, that Hamas has a policy of using human shields. The Israeli courts had to literally rule the use of human shields illegal in 2005, which makes it abundantly clear how much of a problem it was before then. Multiple Israeli soldiers have testified that these were not isolated incidents, but part of a general military policy.

Not during my childhood, regardless, but that doesn't detract from the danger posed by stones. 

Are you seriously arguing that shooting into a crowd, killing dozens and wounding hundreds, is a proportionate response to a few people throwing stones at extremists? Holy mother of God what is actually wrong with you?

Throwing stones can certainly kill people.

Just stop. Your delusional efforts to justify cold-blooded murder only illustrate that you are a fanatic who cannot be reasoned with. You are a sociopath.

There is no other point to throw stones at people other than to hurt and kill them

If stones are the best weapon Palestinians have to kill you with then I think you're safe.

since security forces were attacked, it was valid for them to respond likewise with force.

I knew it. You are trying to justify mass murder. This incident was one of the few times even the United States turned on Israel and condemned its atrocious actions. The UN issued two separate resolutions condemning the actions of those soldiers. There is no place on Earth where soldiers opening fire on an unarmed crowd is not a serious human rights crime, and trying to morally justify it with, "Buh, they were throwing stones" is nauseating. These are exactly the same sort of faux justifications which the Nazis used. 

Anybody or person that declares Israel to be the worst human rights abuser in the world should receive no serious response

You've just tried to justify the murder of 20 unarmed civilians you delusional fanatic. You've proven that you don't even recognise humans rights abuses when you commit them. Your own soldiers have complained that the Israeli military had a policy of shielding themselves with human children. What you need is psychiatric detention, not a debate site.

• @Nomenclature
    You're inventing your own facts. As per usual.
    From 1800-1947 the population of the region of Palestine grew 268,000 to 1,324,000, while during that same time period, the Syrian population grew from 1,200,000 to 3,250,000. The varying growth rates between Syria and Palestine can likely be attributed to immigration, rather than another reason like better living conditions(on which both regions were equal). The population of Palestine grew 5-fold while surrounding regions grew in around half of such a proportion, while natural birth rates were significant towards the growth of the Palestinian Arab population. Immigration to such regions would have also logically been significant.
    It doesn't matter what Egypt "recognized". The Israelis were in illegal occupation of land which didn't belong to them.
    It does matter since if a country recognizes an annexation then that makes it legal. Why should foreigners have say in affecting a legal dispute between two nations that has already been resolved?
    Yes, but it doesn't necessarily mean only 12 people died as a result of white phosphorus abuse. 
    If you want to say more people died, then demonstrate how that is the case. You have the burden or proof.
    If Israel has ever used Palestinian children as human shields, either pre or post-2000, that is condemnable and atrocious.
    A. You have not proven that Israel used children during neighbor procedures.
    B. Secondly, I do agree it is condemnable, but Israel did not use it often and stopped its use 18 years ago. Hamas continues to do so as a regular policy.
    Are you seriously arguing that shooting into a crowd, killing dozens and wounding hundreds, is a proportionate response to a few people throwing stones at extremists? 
    Its proportional to hundreds and even thousands of protestors throwing stones at the police and worshippers. If you are attacked, you have every right to defend yourself, especially with such high proportions of numbers.
    What you need is psychiatric detention, not a debate site.
    Thank you for the repeated emotional arguments and insults. Arguing with a troll like you has been a truly revealing experience.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 543 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature ;That's a blatantly fake photo and you're a blatantly dishonest scumbag.

Yeah just like the fake video of the fire ball coming out of the base ment of the WTC.