frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Who is who is who???

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

Nope its not and excuse

But you still cannot correctly spell " head" , seriously buddy you're a d-mmy

. Its a game because thats the sort of game you play all the time. And I mean all the time.

Nonsense.

Do you really want me to drag all the strawman crap that you make up like Nikes?

You mean Pakistani made Nikes?

and the thousand others that you post until people on this site get sick of it.

You cannot even post one.

And do you really want me to quote the number of people on this site have pulled you up for your constant liering and twisting things to make them look like something else.?

Yet everyone calls you a d-mmy and a  

Well thats easy. Like every member of this site has pulled you up on that.

Which is why I'm number one top debater .....look at the table loser 

No do you dare me to quote 20 examples/ Come on I dare you. 

Children calling others liars is not debating , I've never lost a debate and most likely never will as competition is limited 

Like what the. I actually copied and pasted that from your very own OP. Man your so gone in the heed its not even funny.

No you copy and pasted that I returned ONE object while you made out I was unhappy with all .......you lose again

Seriously all you ever do is run around squealing to mods or calling everyone liars , you're a big sulky child grow a pair you
  • BarnardotBarnardot 542 Pts   -  
    @Dee ;No you copy and pasted that I returned ONE object while you made out I was unhappy with all .......you lose again

Nope thats what I said and thats what you said. You called me a lier and I didnt but you said that you didnt say it so that makes you the lier and you lost. 

Oh and you completely and totally won the debate about the psychologists didnt you. You know the one where the 78 doctors were reel and properly backed up by legitimate links that dont phish and dont take your money for looking at the reports that wernt made up. Wow like that was such a totally honest and well researched debate of yours and like every body bowed down and kissed your ace in agreement with you. Right?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

31 ERRORS IN YOUR SHORT PIECE , YOURE ACTUALLY GETTING WORSE , WHEN YOU LEARN TO RESPOND IN COHERENT ENGLISH I MAY RESPOND TO YOUR WHINES........

We’ve found 31 writing issues in your text.
    Hide results
    Grammar
    Spelling
    Punctuation
    Conciseness
    Readability
    Correct
    Word choice
    Additional writing issues
    Correct
    No plagiarism found
  • jackjack 484 Pts   -  
    Bogan said:

Try writing an entire 350 word article starting with a clearly stated premise that you are prepared to defend with a reasoned argument.  

Hello B:

I'm brief.  You don't like it.  To me, it's better to make your point using as few words as possible.  You think otherwise..  The problem I have with your writing is, it's too long..  I lose interest.  I can't grasp your point.  Now, you can disparage me, as you surly will, or you can engage me.. What makes you think writing a 350 word essay is more effective than a snarky remark from me - ESPECIALLY when my remark hit the mark dead center. 

You may think that you sound authoritative, but if nobody reads what you write, you have NO authority at all..  Now, maybe other contributors excitedly read every word  you write, but I'm thinking more are like me..

excon
    DeeZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 453 Pts   -  
    @jack

Jack/excon quote    What makes you think writing a 350 word essay is more effective than a snarky remark from me ?

Because always responding to well intentioned and well reasoned posts with sneery one liners is heckling, not debating.

Jack/excon quote   The problem I have with your writing is, it's too long..  I lose interest. 

That is called “Attention Deficit Disorder”, and it is most commonly associated with low IQ people.         No wonder you are a leftie.   You are even a Jew who supports HAMAS, which is like a chicken supporting KFC.

Jack/excon quote       Now, you can disparage me, as you surly will, or you can engage me.

By heckling my posts you are disparaging me.    So, I will not “engage” with you.     I can not be bothered with low IQ hecklers.     “Engage” with Dee, Piloteer, and Barnadot instead.   You can all just heckle each other.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Bogan

“Engage” with Dee, Piloteer, and Barnadot instead. You can all just heckle each other.

You've been outed and put in your place yer again , do you ever actually attempt debate?
  • jack said:
    Bogan said:

Try writing an entire 350 word article starting with a clearly stated premise that you are prepared to defend with a reasoned argument.  

Hello B:

I'm brief.  You don't like it.  To me, it's better to make your point using as few words as possible.  You think otherwise..  The problem I have with your writing is, it's too long..  I lose interest.  I can't grasp your point.  Now, you can disparage me, as you surly will, or you can engage me.. What makes you think writing a 350 word essay is more effective than a snarky remark from me - ESPECIALLY when my remark hit the mark dead center. 

You may think that you sound authoritative, but if nobody reads what you write, you have NO authority at all..  Now, maybe other contributors excitedly read every word  you write, but I'm thinking more are like me..

excon

Indeed, concise and to the point, especially in casual debate. You are right. Statistically, I am pretty sure many people generally won't read past a few paragraphs unless it's really something that catches their attention. 

Sometimes less is more! @jack

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1127 Pts   -   edited November 2023
    @ZeusAres42

Statistically you are probably correct most may not read past a couple paragraphs but that points somewhat to what Bogan is saying.
    The people he has pointed out do not want to take the time to have nuanced debate.  Maybe sticking to one argument would lead to better debate instead of all at one time.  Being concise doesnt always mean short especially when you are actually attempting to properly take in nuances of anothers argument.

The people Bogan pointed to may be concise, but often consistent in name calling or strawmanning arguments of general opposition rather than the individual they are speaking to.
    How many of these threads turn into name calling, pointing out grammatical errors, other ad hominem.  Who seems to be common culprits?
    Somehow this makes them feel good about themselves.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6101 Pts   -  
    I think that there is a huge difference between being able to express complex ideas in a concise and digestible form, and being concise due to not having much to say. Sadly, more often than not, it is the latter. The poster who originally made the point routinely posts lazy one-liners followed by some cheap remark, like "du-de, really?" That is very different from, say, Christopher Hitchens' famous "hitchslaps", where he finds just the right words to obliterate someone's argument in a couple of well placed sentences.

Of course, it is also not surprising that people who routinely do this also have trouble reading long texts. Such people can be called "practically illiterate": they have the writing and reading skill somewhere in their toolkit, but they never exercise it seriously, so it has deteriorated to the point of near unrecoverability. Someone who can in principle read and write, but has not read or written a difficult text for years, might as well be illiterate altogether.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

I can not be bothered with low IQ hecklers. “Engage” with Dee, Piloteer, and Barnadot instead. You can all just heckle each other.

The people Bogan pointed to may be concise, but often consistent in name calling or strawmanning arguments of general opposition rather than the individual they are speaking to.

Well Bogan mentioned me and you naturally join in to have a jab as well. Barnadot is a troll he calls everyone who disagrees with him a " lier" , check out his posts for yourself.

Funny also that nasty racist bigots like Bogan are now " respected" commentators on site.

Piloteer you seem to think is guilty of the " crimes" you list , seriously?  I've never once seen the guy attack another.    Do I name call?  Certainly I do as this site is full of people who start out every debate with insult or a provocative statement that descends into chaos.

I said from my first day here I will debate anyone fairly but if you wish to throw snarky remarks or jabs you will get them back.

As for strawmanning I suggest you look at your own posts before you accuse others of your own faults.

This is no longer a debate site proof is the amount of debates on Israel / Palestine which are posted up to inflame and create a mob of like minded bully boys who scream down any opposition to the populist view.

How many of these threads turn into name calling, pointing out grammatical errors, other ad hominem.  Who seems to be common culprits?

Correcting grammatical efforts of people like Barndoor is necessary , have you even read his content ?

Insults are dished out if first given, Do you honestly think this site is a debate site anymore?

How you think its ever about " feeling good about yourself " is beyond me. 

When I came here first very many interesting debates took place and the insults and bad behaviour were  a lot less , this is now no longer the case.

@MichaelElpers
    @Dee ;Barnadot is a troll he calls everyone who disagrees with him a " lier" 

Wrong again I called only you a lier not every one because you habitually lier like no body else here. And I also pointed out what liers you told and why. It’s just that you don’t like being outed and defend by getting angry. You have been outed by so many other s here for your persistent liering so why don’t you just pull your head in and do some thing about it like just stop it. Because guess what. There is no place for such constant liering here and if you’re so hell bent on carrying on like that then you should just go.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

@Barnardot

Wrong again I called only you a lier not every one

That's all you every do is call anyone you disagree with a , hiding behind alt accounts doesn't help either.

because you habitually lier like no body else here

Prove it.

. And I also pointed out what liers you told and why.

Prove it.

It’s just that you don’t like being outed and defend by getting angry

I'm not angry at all , I laugh at childish trolls like you. I would be a hats  filled troll like you if the best in life I could do is slaughter chickens for a living , how truly tragic is that, special needs do that job over here.

. You have been outed by so many other s here for your persistent liering

Prove it.

so why don’t you just pull your head in and do some thing about it like just stop it

Prove it

. Because guess what. There is no place for such constant liering here and if you’re so hell bent on carrying on like that then you should just go.

You can never back up any of your constant lies, whines and complaints with even one shred of evidence , you been outed as an illiterate, uneducated troll with multiple accounts , now run along back to your chicken slaughtering or else you won't be able to afford a new pair of Pakistani made Nikes
    @Dee ;Prove it

I already have as have so many on this site as you very well know don’t you. So you can play all the deception circular games as much as you like but you’re only kidding your self. So do the right thing because this site wants you less than a fart in an escalator.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

I already have as have so many on this site as you very well know don’t you

No you haven't,  you never once debated here, all you do is whine and try and get a mob to support and when that fails squeal to mods and not one person ever supports you as others users have pointed out  you're vicious brainless troll with multiple accounts.

. So you can play all the deception circular games as much as you like but you’re only kidding your self.

Still talking about yourself.

So do the right thing because this site wants you less than a fart in an escalator.

Says Barndoor the constant loser who's such an abject failure the best he can do in life is become a slaughterer of chickens for a company that employs illegal immigrant slave labour ....now quickly run back to the line before the man cans your sorry as-.
  • BoganBogan 453 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers ;     How many of these threads turn into name calling, pointing out grammatical errors, other ad hominem.  Who seems to be common culprits?

Too many loony lefties believe that they are intellectually superior to people on the right.     They believe this because the left has very cunningly linked it's values to those of "intelligent" university type people.    But most loony lefties are in fact very ignorant with very low IQ's.  .   What supports their crazy ideas, is the belief that by sprouting "progressive" points of view, they are displaying how "intelligent" they are without having to do any homework justifying their own world view.     That is okay, provided that when they get on a debate site, they are willing to test their ideas against a switched on opponent.    But people like Jack/excon. Piloteer, Barnadot, and Dee can not do that.  So, they heckle.    Heckling is a substitute for thinking rationally.       

Now, I have read 'the Art of Persuasion" and I know it i impossible to get people who link their belief's with their self esteem to ever change their minds.    But debate sites operate on two levels.    You may not be able to change an opponents mind, but there may be people reading our exchanges who may be sitting on the fence on a particular issue, and they can be swayed by the power of reasoned argument.     So,,if you can not make headway with a difficult opponent who has no intention of debating anyway, then you can still influence others.  One way to do that is to point out how du-mb your opponent is.

Since much leftism is based upon the idea that it's exponents are oh, so farking smart, then pointing out to any impartial observer how du-mb lefities are, is an effective way to sway the belief's of said impartial observer.
    Pointing out that lefties have poor grammar and poor spelling, is a great way to make impartial observers think twice about whether those sprouting leftist values have any brains at all?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Bogan

That is okay, provided that when they get on a debate site, they are willing to test their ideas against a switched on opponent.    But people like Jack/excon. Piloteer, Barnadot, and Dee can not do that.  So, they heckle.    Heckling is a substitute for thinking rationally.       

You're not " switched on " you're an irrational troll and  a vicious bigot and  admitted racist , one cannot reason with scum like you .

@Bogan ;But most loony lefties are in fact very ignorant with very low IQ's.

Thats proberly true but so then are righty loonies so we are left to wonder which one has lower IQs than the other. For example there has been a lot of research done by experts who say that religious people or people who leen towards spiritualness have a particular gene that gives them lower IQs. And most of them will be definitely be lefties. But I think the difference is very minamal compared with people who say have reasonable or high IQs yet they only actually use no more than half of there brain. For example an example would be say like a racist because he deliberately only wants to believe only half the story about races. So he will only absorb only half of the information about that race. In fact he would absorb proberly less because most of the negative information on a race will be repetitve any way. Any way what compounds this is that the information they absorb is very low quality and wrong so what they do know on the subject is total dog mess any way.

So then your got to go to the slippery slope argument and Im not talking about the Chinese here :) You have to think that if some one is so prejudice about races then he is going to be prejudice about a hole heap of other things also. For example and example could be he would be prejudice against women. And then theres the associative prejudices like for example a car that is made in Africa compared with a car made in France. And beef that come from Japan instead of America.

So what Im saying is that prejudice has far retching affects and from my research I reckon that far right loonies are worse than far left loonies because the far left loonies cant help it but the far right loonies are like that deliberately. 

• BoganBogan 453 Pts   -  
  • BarnardotBarnardot 542 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    @Bogan So you see there is a good example. You can see by her eyes that she cant help saying that. And being an ultra lefty shes turned into a lezo and demonstrating all the time. I reckon that if she takes her goggles off and smacks on some make up and takes some valium then shes going to be attractive to men. And then I bet she cant wait to dangle on the end of a big black wopper. Oh yeah bring it on. And did you notice the righty red neck guy with the shades behind her. See, he cant wait to get to her no matter what because hes using the half a brain between his legs.
  • BoganBogan 453 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

Try writing an entire 350 word article starting with a clearly stated premise that you are prepared to defend with a reasoned argument.     Writing sneery one liners or simply submitting curt replies dealing entirely in implications is hardly going to impress anybody into thinking you have an opinion worth reading.    Neither is, pejorative abuse, or just continually asking loaded Dorothy Dixer questions.     You may think that it makes you look authoritative, but it just makes you look like an ignorant person winging it to vainly defend a position he passionately holds, but has little knowledge of.

@Bogan ; but it just makes you look like an ignorant person winging it to vainly defend a position he passionately holds, but has little knowledge of.
    Okay I take your point there and I am not normally a winger at all. I only complain a bout things that I think are un just. Like for example an example would be when you talk a bout racialist prejudice because I think that it is totally unfare and wrong to come up with narrow minded stuff like that. So its not really winging per say but setting the record straight when you know well that there is no way on earth that your ever going to win a debate about blacks being inferior to whites. Because when you analize it in the end all your doing is exposing a weekness that deep inside your really scarred of black people because you dont want to know about them and what there really like. 
    For example and example is that did you know that Abos have far superior eye sight to whities because they evolved that over 1000s of years so thay could survive in the dessert. They can sit on a rock and see a kangaroo 50 miles away because of there evolved eye sight.

And what about the boomerang. The whities made guns but what the. They shoot a bird then they have to walk for ages to get the bird. Where as the Abos used there brains and invented the boomerang so all they need to do is chuck the boomerang and the dead bird drops on there door step. And that started 1000s of years before Uber eats. And what about there art. They were using dots in paintings long before newspapers were printing pictures made of dots. So you should show some respect to those people who are far superior and who got there long before all the ship loads of Bogan criminals hundreds of years ago.