frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is the good book telling believers to be quiet?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• FactfinderFactfinder 901 Pts   -  
    Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: And he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. Proverbs 17:28
     Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: And he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. Proverbs 17:28

@Factfinder ;  I had those professors, especially from Harvard, who were so liberal they stank...nice...but so liberally pathetic and irrelevant...much like the atheists in this forum.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;
        fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7 (ESV)

LOL irrelevant but you're stuck here 24/7 gettin your rocks off arguing. All for a goddess who said go and make fools of yourselves my sake. What's really funny though is when you become completely unwound and forget what you say! Science brought you computers, your perverse fairy god mommy brought you here making an utter arse of yourself.

@Factfinder ;  Please use my @rickeyholtsclaw when communicating with me directly; otherwise, your comment appears as a general comment in the notifications...thank you.

1) Science and the "good" it is has brought to humanity is a gift of our Lord who gave us science which is possible due the immutability required for scientific methodology/empiricism. Without our Creator and His attribute of immutability, science would not be possible.

2) If telling the Truth about your atheistic foolishness and your path to Hell in your arrogance and unbelief is making an "arse" of myself....so be it...let's do this.

He he he so you your lord gave us "it's all bunk when those secular professors try to justify the idiocy of secular humanism and their progressive worldview." 

How hypocritical. First you reject all science as stated above, then take credit for your master the god fairy in the sky, for computers. The deceitful nature of your unholy inner dwelling can't be denied eh? 

No, not at all....there is legitimate "science" but what you worship is NOT science, it's propaganda...

You said this as it relates to your degree: "it's all bunk when those secular professors try to justify the idiocy of secular humanism and their progressive worldview."  You reject your own supposed education with all science.
     Because it doesn't align with your propaganda. 

@Factfinder ;  True...when liberal-Progressive-Democrat Professors began their tirades about liberalism-the do-gooder virtue signaling ideology or their sexual proclivities...I just smile...a little embarrassed for them but kept my eye on the prize...an "A" in the class so I could move forward...my last University had strict minimums.... Your silly ideology kinda reminds me of them as well.

I said 'You reject your own supposed education with all science.' and you say 'True...' 

Factfinder   I am fully aware that active cognition is NOT an attribute of the atheist but for the forth or fifth time I ask you...please include @rickeyholtsclaw when you reply directly to me as your quote does not designate me as the recipient. Thank you atheist.

1) My advocacy of science does not negate anything...

It negates any possibility at all you have cognitive abilities. You use a computer, an innovation of humans and pretend your fairy god elf made them. You're wrong on that just as you have to admit the babble got the creation narrative completely wrong as science proves. 

@Factfinder ;  Science under girds the Scriptures...it can do nothing more...Atheism advocates for the devil...it can do nothing more.

LOL The fact you blindly accept fairytales with no evidence for support and use it for get out of jail cards, for the perverted lust you have towards minorities when you cuff them in the back of your cruiser with false charges; PROVES proverbs 1:7 utterly false. But 17:28 is true. You're supposed to stay quiet around smart people with no issues like yours.

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: And he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

1) I didn't accept the Scriptures as "fairytales" but as a logical response to the World in which I exist. The Scriptures offer the only plausible explanation relevant to the who, what, where, when, why, how, concerning my presence within the Realm of Time and purpose in same.

2) If you were not trapped by the powers of darkness in Satan via the foolishness of atheism, you too could find life in Jesus and the peace He provides through faith.

You should really listen to your mistress the fairy god elf and remain silent. You obviously accept babble fairytales over logic, truth and reality. You admit it. You just said you accept myths of the bible the knowing it needs correction, and didn't make you wise. Now obey your master the unisex perverted sky daddy and...

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: And he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

• RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 175 Pts   -  

1) Jesus commands that I proclaim the Gospel message, not remain silent (Matthew 28).

2) Nothing mythical about Jesus but your atheism is mythical as it a religion for fools (Psalm 14:1).

3) Apparently you have a aberrant sex-ual add-iction that shames you and hardens your heart...if you're LGBTQ...Jesus can free you and give you a new life with meaning and purpose (John .

• FactfinderFactfinder 901 Pts   -   edited February 13
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Your book tells you fairy in the sky hates lies, doesn't bode well for you. You know when you were hit last week by everyone destroying the validity of your faith your lashed out in defeat and stated accusations like this: Apparently you have a aberrant sexual addiction that shames you and hardens your heart...if you're LGBTQ...Jesus can free you and give you a new life with meaning and purpose (John 3). Now you want to distance yourself? Your fairy knows the truth. Obey it and stay silent around those smarter than you. That may take a vow of silence but it's what your master wants...

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Your book tells you you fairy in the sky hates lies, doesn't bode well for you. You know when you were hit last week by everyone destroying the validity of your faith your lashed out in defeat and stated accusations like this: Apparently you have a aberrant sexual addiction that shames you and hardens your heart...if you're LGBTQ...Jesus can free you and give you a new life with meaning and purpose (John 3). Now you want to distance yourself? Your fairy knows the truth. Obey it and stay silent around those smarter than you. That may take a vow of silence but it's what your master wants...

The Word of God divides bone and marrow...it reveals the darkest secrets. If you are addicted to aberrant sex and this shames you into the dark confines of atheism, there is freedom in Jesus who will forgive, forget, restore...all you must do is seek Him by faith and ask.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Your book tells you you fairy in the sky hates lies, doesn't bode well for you. You know when you were hit last week by everyone destroying the validity of your faith your lashed out in defeat and stated accusations like this: Apparently you have a aberrant sexual addiction that shames you and hardens your heart...if you're LGBTQ...Jesus can free you and give you a new life with meaning and purpose (John 3). Now you want to distance yourself? Your fairy knows the truth. Obey it and stay silent around those smarter than you. That may take a vow of silence but it's what your master wants...

The Word of God divides bone and marrow...it reveals the darkest secrets. If you are addicted to aberrant sex and this shames you into the dark confines of atheism, there is freedom in Jesus who will forgive, forget, restore...all you must do is seek Him by faith and ask.

It's possible to trace  posts on several debates where you initiated many times your projected sexual issues on others because you were so thoroughly defeated.
    You can't go back and edit them because several people captures your posts, including me. Proverbs 1:7 failes you at a 100% rate, why do you still believe? 

• @Factfinder

I am sorry for your total Bible INEPTNESS relative to your topic of this thread, whereas I have to HELP YOU ONCE AGAIN for your next time like I have done before within this Religion Forum at your laughable expense.

YOUR TOPIC: "Is the good book telling believers to be quiet?" 

YES, especially the 2nd class woman as shown below, whereas these verses are NEVER spoken on Sunday morning church services for obvious reasons!  GET IT? Why, because pseudo-christians are "spoon fed" their doctrine with pastors and priests using their Satanic "Apologetic Books" of the Christian faith to keep every adherent in belief and in line!

"The women should keep silent in the churchesFor they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

"Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

DO NOT DESPAIR, I will continue to help your BIBLE INEPTNESS at your expense in front of the membership in the future so as to not make you the continued Atheist Bible FOOL like RickeyHoltsclaw!  Yes again, you can thank me later for this enlightenment....

NEXT BIBLE DUMB ATHEIST LIKE "FACTFINDER" THAT DIDN'T ADD TO THE TITLE OF HIS THREAD DISTURBING VERSES TO PROVE THE BIBLE IS ABHORRED TO BEGIN WITH, WHERE THE BIBLE STATES THAT THE 2ND CLASS WOMAN IS TO BE "QUIET" IN CERTAIN INCIDENTS LIKE SHOWN ABOVE, WILL BE ....?

Factfinder
  • @RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEYHOLTSCLAW, THE NUMBER ONE BIBLE FOOL OF THIS RELIGION FORUM, BAR NONE,

Tell the membership, are you married, and if so, do you tell your SECOND CLASS WOMAN as your wife, to just STFU in certain situations as biblically shown below in following Jesus' inspired words within the Bible?

"The women should keep silent in the churchesFor they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

"Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor." (1 Timothy 2:11-14)

YOUR ANSWER TO THE ABOVE TWO VERSES IS:

WAITING!

@RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEYHOLTSCLAW, THE NUMBER ONE BIBLE FOOL OF THIS RELIGION FORUM, BAR NONE,

Tell the membership, are you married, and if so, do you tell your SECOND CLASS WOMAN as your wife, to just STFU in certain situations as biblically shown below in following Jesus' inspired words within the Bible?

YOUR ANSWER TO THE ABOVE TWO VERSES IS:

WAITING!

1) I am married to a very beautiful woman, we will have been married for 38-years in June/24.

2) Paul's admonition concerning women in the Church at Corinth and commanding that they remain silent during Church services is relevant to a pagan ritual that was active in the Pagan Temple at Delphi adjacent to Corinth in the First-Century. There was a Pagan Temple in Delphi where a pagan priestess would sit atop a throne in the midst of the temple and below her throne was a burning intoxicating substance. Patrons would wait patiently for a meeting with the priestess who would provide them oracles (The Delphic Oracles) of prophecy concerning their lives and their future and decisions they should make in response. As the day progressed, the priestess would become progressively intoxicated from the fumes rising from below her throne and her "oracles of prophecy" became increasing difficult to understand; in fact, they defaulted to nothing more than "gibberish" which left the awaiting patrons more confused than when they entered seeking the priestess' wisdom. 

Apparently, this pagan ritual carried over into the Church at Corinth and the women in that Church created much consternation for Paul who sought a Church of order and holiness but these women, desiring to be viewed as enlightened like the pagan priestess in Delphi, interrupted the services at Corinth and began uttering unintelligible gibberish, unintelligible prophecy, that led to disorder, confusion and divisiveness; hence, Paul's admonition to those in the Church at Corinth.

33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.
    34 the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says. 35 And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church. 1 Corinthians 14:33-34

3) The Holy Spirit is very clear as to the respect the husband is to show his wife, see attached MEME's....

• @Factfinder

How sad, you don't want to thank me for giving you additional "SPECIFIC BIBLE VERSES" in relation to your topic of this thread as shown in this link of mine:
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/176093/#Comment_176093

I was just trying to help you in not being so GAWD-DAMNED BIBLE all the time within this Religion Forum, okay?  LOL!

Again, at your laughable expense, I will continue to help you with your outright BIBLE INEPTNESS in the future, so do not despair!

NEXT BIBLE DUMB LIKE "FACTFINDER" THAT NEEDS HELP IN NOT BEING SO BIBLE INEPT, WILL BE .....?

@21CenturyIconoclast

Your mommy wants her computer back. Don't ask how I know.
  • @RickeyHoltsclaw

Barring your Rambling Bible Babble in your post in trying to address that I have shown you that the SECOND CLASS WOMAN as the JUDEO-Christian Bible portrays them, are to STFU in church, AND in general, where the man like you, HAS DIRECT AUTHORITY TO RULE over your beautiful wife of 38 years, period!  UNDERSTOOD BIBLE FOOL?

1. RICKEY, how long did it take for your wife to be comfortable in being ruled by you as the superior man over the 2nd class woman as this verse so states:   "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman in man. For the man is not of the women; but the woman of the man.” (1Corinthians 11: 3,8 ) 

YOUR ANSWER IS: 

2. Did your wife learn early on that she is but a Sister of Eve, where it was EVE that transgressed FIRST in the Garden of Eden to be the impetus of ORIGINAL SIN and therefore women are looked down upon within the scriptures?  “And Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.” (1 Timothy 2:14) 

YOUR ANSWER IS: 

3. Did you ever have to be in a position with your 2nd CLASS WOMAN WIFE in the following scenario where Jesus' words state:

“It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.” (Proverbs 25:24)

YOUR ANSWER IS: 

• @Factfinder

HURRY!  Copy and paste my post to the equally BIBLE FOOL LIKE YOU above, to help you in the future to bring forth in an appropriate situation like is shown relating to the 2nd class  women!
    Don't worry, you don't have to credit me, but you bring it forth like it was your JUDEO-Christian Bible knowledge to make you smarter than you are at this time, okay?  Good boy!

NEXT ATHEIST BIBLE FOOL LIKE "FACTFINDER" THAT NEEDS HELP IN COPYING MY BIBLICAL KNOWLEDGE, WILL BE ......?

Factfinder
    @21CenturyIconoclast

Defeated humiliated clown. How do you live with yourself? 
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Barring your Rambling Bible Babble in your post in trying to address that I have shown you that the SECOND CLASS WOMAN as the JUDEO-Christian Bible portrays them, are to STFU in church, AND in general, where the man like you, HAS DIRECT AUTHORITY TO RULE over your beautiful wife of 38 years, period!  UNDERSTOOD BIBLE FOOL?

1. RICKEY, how long did it take for your wife to be comfortable in being ruled by you as the superior man over the 2nd class woman as this verse so states:   "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman in man. For the man is not of the women; but the woman of the man.” (1Corinthians 11: 3,8 ) 

YOUR ANSWER IS: 

2. Did your wife learn early on that she is but a Sister of Eve, where it was EVE that transgressed FIRST in the Garden of Eden to be the impetus of ORIGINAL SIN and therefore women are looked down upon within the scriptures?  “And Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.” (1 Timothy 2:14) 

YOUR ANSWER IS: 

3. Did you ever have to be in a position with your 2nd CLASS WOMAN WIFE in the following scenario where Jesus' words state:

“It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife.” (Proverbs 25:24)

YOUR ANSWER IS: 

1) Concerning 1 Corinthians 11 and 1 Timothy 2...I explained Paul's admonition in reference to the Delphic Oracles and the women in the Corinthian Church in my previous comment...no need to repeat your defeat here.

2) My wife is honored as the wonderful woman that she is...it is not necessary to tell her her place in the home...she has been an excellent, exceptional, Wife-Mother-Grandmother...my Wife is praised, exalted, by her husband and her children.

3) Though Eve is the initiator of human kind's original sin, it is Satan who is actually the originator of sin, not Eve (John 8:44). Even though Eve relented to the beauty and enticement and charismata of Satan in Eden, she did so having received the prohibition concerning compromise with evil from her husband and not Elohim; therefore, Eve's culpability is lessened due to her having received Elohim's edict via hearsay from her husband while Adam's culpability is paramount as Adam received the edict prohibiting compromise with evil DIRECTLY from Elohim; as a result, it is Adam's seed by which the sin-nature (Romans 5:12) and the curse (Genesis 3:17) is passed throughout humanity, not the seed of the woman. It is the "Adamic Curse"  and not the "Eve Curse" that has resulted in death through decay, the initiation of the 2nd-Law of Thermodynamics. 

This is why Messiah was conceived through the virgin seed (Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23) as Messiah circumvented the sin-nature of Adam's seed (Romans 5:12) and entered Time as a divine product of the virgin seed and the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35) and Jesus thereby led a life of sinless purity (John 8:46; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 1:18-19) thereby making Himself the "Spotless Lamb of Elohim" "who takes away the sins of the World" (John 1:29-32; 1 Peter 1:18-19). 

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 203 Pts   -   edited March 1
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

YOUR QUOTE THAT IS IRRELATIVE BECAUSE SAID PASSAGES STILL REMAIN WITHIN THE JUDEO-CHRISTIAN BIBLE!!!:  1) Concerning 1 Corinthians 11 and 1 Timothy 2...I explained Paul's admonition in reference to the Delphic Oracles and the women in the Corinthian Church in my previous comment...no need to repeat your defeat here."
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/176192/#Comment_176192

THIS WAS YOUR "BIBLE BABBLE" RESPONSE TO THE ABOVE REGARDING CORINTHIANS 11:3 AND TIMOTHY 2:11-14"Paul's admonition concerning women in the Church at Corinth and commanding that they remain silent during Church services is relevant to a pagan ritual that was active in the Pagan Temple at Delphi adjacent to Corinth in the First-Century."

It matters NOT what Paul stated in your assumed response to the two Bible verses in question, and that is because of the SIMPLE FACT that they exist in the first place within the JUDEO-Christian Bible to accept and follow, Understood?! 

YOUR QUOTE ABOUT YOUR BIBLICAL 2ND CLASS WIFE:  "My wife is honored as the wonderful woman that she is...it is not necessary to tell her her place in the home...she has been an excellent, exceptional, Wife-Mother-Grandmother...my Wife is praised, exalted, by her husband and her children."

Barring your biblical 2nd class wife being a wonderful woman to you as described, of which I am sure she is, you say that it is not necessary to tell her her place in the home?!   Tell us, where do you get the authority to USURP JESUS' DIRECT WORDS in how you are to handle the woman that you are married too as explicitly shown in Jesus' inspired verse below?

“Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.” (Ephesians 5:22-24)

Did you get the "key phrase" in the passage above when it stated; "so also the wives ought to be to their husbands IN EVERYTHING?” This phrase precludes that there are no more headaches, tiredness, excuses, etc., if you want to have sexual relations AT ANY TIME with your biblically 2nd class wife, GET IT?  Point this out to her next time she has an excuse!

HOW DARE YOU GO AGAINST JESUS' DOCTRINE IN NOT RULING OVER YOUR BIBLE 2ND CLASS WIFE AS THE SUPERIOR MAN AS JESUS' WORDS TELL YOU TO DO?!

YOUR ANSWER IS: 

YOUR BEREFT QUOTE AGAIN IN THINKING THAT JESUS IS THE MESSIAH, WHICH HE IS NOT!!!!:  "This is why Messiah was conceived through the virgin seed (Genesis 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23) as Messiah circumvented the sin-nature of Adam's seed (Romans 5:12)"

How many times do I have to enlighten you upon the BIBLICAL FACT that Jesus is NOT THE MESSIAH?! Huh?

According to the prophecies in the Old Testament, the Hebrew Messiah must be a descendant of King David through the flesh, whereas Paul substantiates this biblical axiom herewith: “Jesus the Messiah, our Lord, who was descended from David according to the flesh.” (Romans 1:3).

"Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;" (Acts 2:30)

Do the simple math AGAIN, where Jesus' mother Mary was from the tribe of LEVI, and since Joseph was from the blood line of David, but was NOT the paternal father of Jesus, especially by impregnating Mary according to the flesh because Jesus' Holy Spirit did, then Jesus did not have the blood line of King David that he had to have to be the Messiah as shown in the direct Bible verses above!  

THEREFORE, QUIT LYING ABOUT JESUS BEING THE MESSIAH!!!  ENOUGH!!!

YOUR ANSWER IS: 

Be civil..post a comprehensible rebuttal in a format than can be read and understood void the insane rambling of mental patient. Try very hard to communicate as if you truly desired a legitimate response...please stop with the showboating sarcasm?
    Factfinder
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 203 Pts   -   edited March 2
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR PITIFUL QUOTES TO "RUN AWAY" FROM MY BIBLICAL VERSES THAT EASILY DISPROVE YOUR ASSUMED THINKING ON THE TOPICS AT HAND!!!!:  "Be civil..post a comprehensible rebuttal in a format than can be read and understood void the insane rambling of mental patient. Try very hard to communicate as if you truly desired a legitimate response...please stop with the showboating sarcasm?"

If I have to put up with your "copy and pasting" from your Satanic Christian Apologetic Books with your ever so long needless dissertations, and calling Atheists Devils and fools, then the least of which on your part, is to address my posts that are showing you to be the BIBLE FOOL LIKE FACTFINDER!  

AGAIN, address this post of mine whereas the membership is watching!
    BEGIN:  https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/176264/#Comment_176264

Factfinder
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 203 Pts   -   edited March 13
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEY, why are you so SCARED to simply "try" and address this post of mine shown in the link below, where it has been ELEVEN DAYS AND COUNTING, where your perceived biblical knowledge goes severely wanting!

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/176264/#Comment_176264

YOUR PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN EXUSE THIS TIME TO NOT ADDRESS SAID POST ABOVE, WILL BE: 

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 203 Pts   -   edited March 16
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

RICKEY, why are you so SCARED to simply "try" and address this post of mine shown in the link below, where it has been FOURTEEN DAYS AND COUNTING, where your perceived biblical knowledge goes severely wanting at your laughable expense AGAIN!

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/176264/#Comment_176264

YOUR PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN EXUSE THIS TIME TO NOT ADDRESS SAID POST ABOVE, WILL BE: