frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Christianity a copy cat religion?

123457»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• FactfinderFactfinder 1039 Pts   -  
    @21CenturyIconoclast ; Do you have a sincere question concerning Christianity, theology?
    I do. Can you tell me why you believe the things below in your own words. If you use scripture or paraphrase out of the bible with dogma then everyone knows you do not know what your own opinions are.So please, in your own words explain why you believe this...

1716692443170png
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder
    I believe Elohim the Father (Genesis 1:1) commissioned Elohim the Son, Jesus Christ (John 3:35; John 1; Hebrews 1), to take elements from the unseen Spiritual Realm and fashion those elements into matter that can apprehended by a life-form constrained by Time and physics (Hebrews 11:3).

I believe the creation narrative, as articulated in Genesis 1 of the Canon of Scripture, was for cause and in response to an unfathomable coup d'etat in the Realm of the Spiritual, a coup initiated by an anointed cherub angel later to be identified as Satan, a deceiver, (Genesis 3; Ezekiel 28:11+; John 8:44; Revelation 12) and that destructive war was removed from the Kingdom of Elohim where nothing impure is permitted to exist therein (Rev 21:27) and this present Earth and the Realm of Time created as a temporary repository for that war and its spiritual participants partially constrained by Time and physics; this, while humanity is simply a player/created participant in this spiritual war between good and evil/Jesus v. Satan; in fact, the primary reason Jesus the Messiah entered Time in bodily form was "to destroy the works of the Devil" (1 John 3:8b) via a battle strategy introduced as "The Gospel" which was ordained "before Time began" (2 Timothy 1:8-10) and that battle, a cosmic struggle between good v. evil, Jesus v. Satan, was first pictured for humanity by the Holy Spirit in Genesis 3:14-15 and Genesis 3:21 and expounded upon by Messiah in the Gospels and His Revelation to the Apostle John on the Island of Patmos in 90AD.

All of the strife, wars, horror, death, disease, that have transpired over the previous 6000-years find their genesis in the Realm of the Spiritual before Time began and this struggle is currently being played-out before our eyes; tragically, only a "few" have eyes to see and ears to hear what the Spirit is teaching us as only a relative “few” will trust-believe in Jesus as Messiah and find life and knowledge in His Name (Matthew 7:13-14). Jesus is victorious (Revelation 5:5).

@Factfinder ; You have nothing but nihilism and futility lest Jesus is your Messiah and the Holy Spirit is your Teacher and Wisdom.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Pathetic you can't form an opinion in your own words.

Dumb Things Christians Say - Liberti Church
    @Factfinder ; Where I have not used my own words void attribution?
  • FactfinderFactfinder 1039 Pts   -   edited May 27
    @Factfinder ; Where I have not used my own words void attribution?
    Here...https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/181764/#Comment_181764 ; The facts in the meme. You preached in avoidance instead of addressing each belief in the meme in your own words.

1716692443170png
    @Factfinder ; I believe everything Authored by the Holy Spirit...there is no need for deciphering your individual pieces of obfuscation.
    @Factfinder ; I believe everything Authored by the Holy Spirit...there is no need for deciphering your individual pieces of obfuscation.
    In other words you don't know what you believe, you're simply indoctrinated.
    @Factfinder ; I know exactly what I believe and why...but you can't understand because you don't know what you don't know.
    @Factfinder ; I know exactly what I believe and why...but you can't understand because you don't know what you don't know.
    Sure you do.

Discover the Evidence for Gods Existence
    @Factfinder ; We sound like that to the atheist because you don't understand true faith...you simply are unable to understand.

@Factfinder ; We sound like that to the atheist because you don't understand true faith...you simply are unable to understand.

Oh but I do understand. Bend the knee or else. Despite reality. I just don't go for nonsensical childish fables where world views are concerned.
    @Factfinder ; I'm not a lover of Elohim due compulsion...but because I have sought Him and found Him and now cherish Him...He is mine, forever.

@Factfinder ; I'm not a lover of Elohim due compulsion...but because I have sought Him and found Him and now cherish Him...He is mine, forever.

Sure you're not. That's why you always threaten people with hell if and call them scum if they don't cherish the same delusion.
    @Factfinder ; I have told you the Truth...I have told you what the Scriptures tell you...if you deny Jesus, you will perish in Hell; if you advocate for the murder of babies in the womb and advocate for LGBTQ perversion forced upon our children; if you advocate for Marxism and all that the Democrat Progressive's advocate, you are societal "scum." This is truth...why are you offended by the truth? Are your "feelings" hurt?
    a

@Factfinder ; I have told you the Truth...I have told you what the Scriptures tell you...if you deny Jesus, you will perish in Hell; if you advocate for the murder of babies in the womb and advocate for LGBTQ perversion forced upon our children; if you advocate for Marxism and all that the Democrat Progressive's advocate, you are societal "scum." This is truth...why are you offended by the truth? Are your "feelings" hurt?
    a

I've done more to stop communism then you'll ever do typing judgmental hate speech. Why would I be offended by truth? I simply pointed out you don't follow the teachings you ignorantly profess. 

MATTHEW 712 KJV Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should  do to you do ye even so to them for this is
    @Factfinder @Joeseph @21CenturyIconoclast ; You're dead spiritually, you're willfully ignorant Scripturally...you have not a clue because you've rejected Jesus and the anointing of the Holy Spirit as your teacher; therefore, you're likened to a spoiled child in crib of nihilism, shouting at the Moon in your self-righteous arrogance as you decay in a body of wastefulness via your ridiculous atheism.

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 216 Pts   -   edited May 27
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

RickeyHoltsclaw, the number one BIBLE FOOL of this Religion Forum, bar none,

YOUR RUNAWAY QUOTE FROM MY BIBLICAL AXIOMS IN MAKING YOU THE CONTINUED BIBLE FOOL:  "Do you have a sincere question concerning Christianity, theology?"
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/181744/#Comment_181744

Still waiting for an intelligent, comprehensible, rebuttable, premise from you as a worshiper of a serial killer Jesus fool!

@21CenturyIconoclast ; What is your question...can you state it intelligently?
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

Why reject reality for this…

Christians are  ppl - 9GAG

@Factfinder ; The Spiritual World is vastly, infinitely, superior to this temporary, decaying, World constrained by Time and Physics; therefore, the atheist are the spiritually dead in spiritual ignorance and self-righteousness.

@RickeyHoltsclaw

Voices in your head.

stupidity  The Scathing Atheist
    @Factfinder ; The atheist is scathing and stup-idity..I agree.
    @Factfinder ; The atheist is scathing and stup-idity..I agree.
    If you ever gather the intelligence to be relevant I'd consider your opinion. As it is the fact you kneel at the crotch of your masculine god for your world view I know mine is on track, so thanks.

Pin on Beverly Cooper