frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Does Praying Work?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• just_sayinjust_sayin 963 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    Argument Topic: Barbara Cummisky Snyder - medically confirmed healing of MS

As a teenager, Barbara Cummisky, was diagnosed with MS.  From the ages of 15 to 31 she spent 3/4ths of her time hospitalized.  Her doctor, Dr Harold Adolph of the Mayo Clinic wrote:

Barbara was one of the most hopelessly ill patients I ever saw.  She was diagnosed at the Mayo Clinic as having multiple sclerosis. She had been admitted to the local hospital seven times in the year that I was first asked to see her.  Each time she was expected to die.  One diaphragm was completely paralyzed so that the lung was nonfunctional, and the other worked less than 50 percent.  She had a tracheotomy tube in her neck for breathing, always required extra oxygen, and could speak only in short sentences because the muscles of her intestine did not work.  Nor would her bladder function.  She had not been able to walk for seven years.  Her hand and arm movements were poorly coordinated.  And she was blind except for two small areas in each eye. (Harold P Adolph with Mark D Williams.  Today's Decisions, Tomorrow's Destiney (Spencer; WI: White Birch Printing, 1999).
    She was being fed through a feeding tube, her intestines had swollen because they no longer functioned, and she could not put her foot down flat, nor was she able to stand.  Dr. Thomas Marshall had assumed her palliative care in what appeared to be the final weeks of her life.  He wrote that her body was "contracted in a permanent fetal position".  "Her hands were so permanently flexed that her fingers nearly touched her wrists."  He had the family sign a DNR order and had her send home, expecting her to die within a few days.

Someone had called a local Christian radio station, WMBI, and requested prayer for her.  She received 450 letters later from people who prayed for her.  After the call to prayer... on June 7, 1981..

While at home in bed, with the home care nurse in the room. she hear an audible voice boom over her shoulder that said "My child: Get up and walk.:  She had not walked in 7 years but asked the nurse and some church friends in the room to run and get her family.  She felt a sense of urgency and got up on her own.  Normally it had taken at least 2 minutes and 2 people to help sit her up or get her to her wheel chair because of her condition.  She began walking, and then it struck her that she was no longer blind, she could see.  Barbara then ran down the stairs and outside, with the nurse chasing her with a wheelchair and oxygen tank, telling her to sit down and get some oxygen, but she instead went out into the street and danced.

Her mother commented that she once again had calves, which had been atrophied.  Her nurse took her pulse and it was normal for the first time that she can remember.

The next day Barbara was in the doctor's office of Dr Thomas Marshall who examined her for 3 1/2 hours, along with virtually every doctor in the office.  X-rays showed that her collapsed lung was no longer collapsed.(the X-ray, along with other medical documentation, and the doctor's statements are available to see in Scott Kolbaba, Physician's Untold Stories: Miraculous Experiences  Doctors are Hesitant to Share with their Patients, or Anyone! (North Charleston, SC: CreateSpace, 2016) (image of x-ray on page 121).

Dr Marshall says he said to Barbara "I'll be the first to tell you: You're completely healed.  I can also tell you that this is medically impossible."  Dr Adolph said "her breather was normal.  The diaphragms were functioning normally."  He reconnected her bowel in an operation because her intestines were now working as they should.   And now after 4 decades (she died recently) she lived without any symptoms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAXM2W-OHQE

Now I'm sure, some will cling to their faith claim that there are no examples of answered prayer.  They will make up conspiracy theories that the Mayo Clinic made up the story or that the medical documentation was faked.  But the eyewitness testimony of Barbara, all of her doctor's (with multiple of them writing about it and providing medical records), and numerous other eye witnesses says that a lady who had MS, was blind and could not walk, was literally dancing in the street after she was prayed for.

I'm adding one of her doctor's testimony.  A doctor's statement regarding her condition, and a news clipping.  Enjoy:
    https://1c15.co.uk/barbara-snyder-barbara-cummiskey-snyder-healed-from-multiple-sclerosis/
  • BarnardotBarnardot 538 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    @just_sayin Come on, you have been found out on all of those links already and they have all been explained to you why they are all editorial spam. Do you know what an editorial is. 
    For example once again from https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/485161  This result suggests that prayer may be an effective adjunct to standard medical care.
    What does that say. Totally nothing thats what. Absolutely and totally zilch and all the other spam links you posted are the same as you have already been told and clearly explained about.
    Your medically documented examples and statistics say totally nothing conclusive at all about prayer working and all those statitics are totally worthless. Im afraid that positive outcomes says totally nothing and is not evidence at all even to a 3 year old.
    So you can keep re hashing the same links but there is not one bit of evidence what so ever in any one of them and neither have you been able to quote not even one single sentence from any one of them that any where near re sembles evidence. And you know very well that the Delia Knox case is a complete fraud and there is not one bit of medical evidence to show she was healed. The ceremony was completely staged and she was paid for it just like all the Benny Hinn staged crap.
    But once again people can keep telling you about these scams but they only do this to attract people like you who want to believe it. In this world there are plenty of charlatans who make money out of guulible people who will always believe what they see on the out side. And these dishonest people like Delia will keep on doing it so long as they have a google eye audience to take the advantage and the money from.
    So you hole entire argument has not even got off the ground and only gaga google eyed impressional dweebs will ever get suckered in by that suggestive crap that says totally nothing.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 538 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin ;I was at the beach.

Oh yes of course. Thats the reason why you had to hurry and that you will answer just that one post. Of course we believe you.

I did not come in the last shower and I can recall so many times when debaters on this site have used exactly the same words to wriggle out of being court out.

When you listen to so many lies and crap and get suckered in by it guess what. Your going to tell lies to defend it. And heaps of them to.

• just_sayinjust_sayin 963 Pts   -  
    Barnardot said:
    @just_sayin Come on, you have been found out on all of those links already and they have all been explained to you why they are all editorial spam. Do you know what an editorial is. 
    For example once again from https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/485161  This result suggests that prayer may be an effective adjunct to standard medical care.
    What does that say. Totally nothing thats what. Absolutely and totally zilch and all the other spam links you posted are the same as you have already been told and clearly explained about.
    Your medically documented examples and statistics say totally nothing conclusive at all about prayer working and all those statitics are totally worthless. Im afraid that positive outcomes says totally nothing and is not evidence at all even to a 3 year old.
    So you can keep re hashing the same links but there is not one bit of evidence what so ever in any one of them and neither have you been able to quote not even one single sentence from any one of them that any where near re sembles evidence. And you know very well that the Delia Knox case is a complete fraud and there is not one bit of medical evidence to show she was healed. The ceremony was completely staged and she was paid for it just like all the Benny Hinn staged crap.
    But once again people can keep telling you about these scams but they only do this to attract people like you who want to believe it. In this world there are plenty of charlatans who make money out of guulible people who will always believe what they see on the out side. And these dishonest people like Delia will keep on doing it so long as they have a google eye audience to take the advantage and the money from.
    So you hole entire argument has not even got off the ground and only gaga google eyed impressional dweebs will ever get suckered in by that suggestive crap that says totally nothing.
    I am calling you out for your lies.  Your special pleading isn't going to work.  The JAMA article found an 11% health benefit in their scale for those who were prayed for.  Stop lying and claiming it didn't.  Here is the quote AGAIN FOR you:   

We found an 11% reduction in scores in the prayer group (6.35±0.26) compared with the usual care group (7.13±0.27) (P=.04). Using the unweighted MAHI-CCU score, which simply counted elements in the original scoring system without assigning point values, the prayer group had 10% fewer elements (P=.04) than the usual care group. 

and 
    Results  Compared with the usual care group (n=524), the prayer group (n=466) had lower mean±SEM weighted (6.35±0.26 vs 7.13±0.27; P=.04) and unweighted (2.7±0.1 vs 3.0±0.1; P=.04) CCU course scores. Lengths of CCU and hospital stays were not different.
    Conclusions  Remote, intercessory prayer was associated with lower CCU course scores. This result suggests that prayer may be an effective adjunct to standard medical care.

Interesting to note in that study was one of the reasons they suggested that may have impacted the scores was that some of the patients being prayed for were praying for themselves also, and had others praying for them.  To me, that doesn't weaken the argument that prayer works.

This study was a double blind study, I remember you saying something about that needing to be the case.

The fact is your lies have been called out.  You are now trying to claim the research I keep showing is bad research.  The JAMA study is not bad research.  The accounts from the Harvard and Stanford professor are not bad accounts, nor the systematic review of prayer that she oversaw, nor is the account from the Yale Cardiologist of the guy who came back to life after being legally declared dead.  The systematic reviews of prayer I have presented showed that a majority of prayer studies show positive health benefits of praying for the patient.  

Regarding the "scams" - the blind woman healed - documented evidence of her healing in a medical journal, the guy healed of his gastric issue - documented medical evidence presented in a medical journal, the guy who came back to life after being declared dead and death certificate was written out, has documented evidence of his story by the Yale Cardiologist who was there.  The woman who had MS, was blind and unable to walk - has had at least 3 doctor's, all who have been employed by the Mayo Clinic, testify about her miracle.  All 3 were her doctor's and they have stated emphatically it was a miracle and there were no medical way she could have recovered.  They provided medical records, charts, images, and testimony in journals, books, news stories, videos, etc.  

The only one lying about the research and accounts, and engaging in special pleading is you.

And yes, I was at the beach - Topsail NC, celebrating a friend's birthday.  

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6073 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    @just_sayin

Since you keep using the same several examples criticisms of which have already been offered, but shrugged off by you, I do not think this line of discussion is going to go anywhere. Instead, I would be curious to discuss a bigger epistemological question: what constitutes strong evidence in the first place.

For instance, there have been literally thousands of testimonies of the bigfoot's existence throughout human history. Some of those testimonies have been verified: people went to the sites the alleged witnesses pointed to and did see something there that could be interpreted as evidence of the bigfoot's existence.
    So let me ask you a semi-Socratic question: if the examples you mentioned constitute strong evidence of reality of prayer being literally a process of communication with god, or if testimonies of some ancient folks constitute strong evidence of Jesus' resurrection - then do the aforementioned testimonies constitute strong evidence of the bigfoot's existence? Why or why not? Or how about other creatures that allegedly exist?
    • Aliens kidnapping people.
    • The Loch Ness monster
    • Ghosts
    • Levitating sentient heads
    • The vodyanoy
    • Vampires
    • Werewolves
    • Santa Claus
    • Halflings
    I am curious to hear which of the abovementioned creatures' existence you believe in and which you do not, and what differentiates the two groups.

Now, I will answer this question for myself. To me, the chief difference between the two groups is existence of reproducible evidence. How do I know that bears exist, but werebears do not? I can go out in the wilds and observe a bear firsthand, or watch clear photo/video evidence of bears, or go to a museum and look at a bear's bones, or open a research book on mammals and read about endless findings on bears and their biology. I cannot do the same for werebears, all the claims about existence of which can only be taken on faith and cannot be verified in any way.
    To me, religious claims are the same, as well as claims about the divine nature of prayer. I can go and measure various biological indicators in someone before and after prayer and find that, generally, many of them improve - but I cannot go and verify the claim that on the other end of this magic telephone is some entity called "god" that listens to all prayers and answers to them. Where is the audiotape of a single answer? "Answer" seems to be a pure fantasy.

If there is some inconsistency in my thinking, or if one of its premises is wrong, let me know. I tend to be my own worst critic, and I honestly cannot find a single hole I could poke in this reasoning.
    @MayCaesar said:
    Since you keep using the same several examples criticisms of which have already been offered, but shrugged off by you, I do not think this line of discussion is going to go anywhere. Instead, I would be curious to discuss a bigger epistemological question: what constitutes strong evidence in the first place.
    For instance, there have been literally thousands of testimonies of the bigfoot's existence throughout human history. Some of those testimonies have been verified: people went to the sites the alleged witnesses pointed to and did see something there that could be interpreted as evidence of the bigfoot's existence.
    So let me ask you a semi-Socratic question: if the examples you mentioned constitute strong evidence of reality of prayer being literally a process of communication with god, or if testimonies of some ancient folks constitute strong evidence of Jesus' resurrection - then do the aforementioned testimonies constitute strong evidence of the bigfoot's existence? Why or why not? Or how about other creatures that allegedly exist?
    Aliens kidnapping people.
    The Loch Ness monster
    Ghosts
    Levitating sentient heads
    The vodyanoy
    Vampires
    Werewolves
    Santa Claus
    Halflings
    I am curious to hear which of the abovementioned creatures' existence you believe in and which you do not, and what differentiates the two groups.

Now, I will answer this question for myself. To me, the chief difference between the two groups is existence of reproducible evidence. How do I know that bears exist, but werebears do not? I can go out in the wilds and observe a bear firsthand, or watch clear photo/video evidence of bears, or go to a museum and look at a bear's bones, or open a research book on mammals and read about endless findings on bears and their biology. I cannot do the same for werebears, all the claims about existence of which can only be taken on faith and cannot be verified in any way.
    To me, religious claims are the same, as well as claims about the divine nature of prayer. I can go and measure various biological indicators in someone before and after prayer and find that, generally, many of them improve - but I cannot go and verify the claim that on the other end of this magic telephone is some entity called "god" that listens to all prayers and answers to them. Where is the audiotape of a single answer? "Answer" seems to be a pure fantasy.

If there is some inconsistency in my thinking, or if one of its premises is wrong, let me know. I tend to be my own worst critic, and I honestly cannot find a single hole I could poke in this reasoning.

First, a comment on the so called criticisms that have been offered.  With the story of Delia Knox’s miracle healing, (she was paralyzed from the waist down after a car crash) the accusation was then made that she was a fraud.  No proof was offered of this charge.  There is 

• video of her accident by a local tv news station, 

• doctor’s testimony of her condition, 

• numerous videos of her in her wheel chair even while  at her own wedding, 

• there are eye witnesses accounts from her mother, from her pastor, from co-workers, of her condition

• There is video of her getting up and walking out of her chair

• There are dozens of news stories about her walking

• There is video of her walking on stage 3 weeks after her first steps, walking around the stage for 45 minutes leading worship

• There is video of her mother, father, and sister seeing her walk again for the first time and their reaction

• There is video of her own testimony

There is not any evidence that she ‘faked it’ as was claimed.   Someone wanted to see her medical records.  I don’t have access to her medical records, so the accusation was made that since I can’t produce medical records the woman who gets up and walks for the first time in over 2 decades, didn’t get up and walk as a miracle.  See how the goal posts moved?

So, I provided medically documented examples (at least 5 so far) of examples of healing from blindness, gastric issues, death, and the documented healing of Barbara Cummiskey Snyder who was healed of MS and blindness - with no less than 3 medical doctors, all with Mayo Clinic training, who testified that it was a miracle and provided medical records to back up the claim.  

I’ve already provided sources and links to the medical doctors testimony and documentation (see above).  Here is a link to the Chicago Tribune story dated Monday September 26, 1983.

https://www.scribd.com/document/534776708/Chicago-Tribune-Mon-Sep-26-1983-clipping

Those who cling to the faith claim that there are no miracles, just claimed there was no need to address the facts of the case, nor of any of the documented cases, with one individual accusing the Yale Cardiologist who testified that a guy came back to life, who had already been declared dead with a death certificate to prove it, must have been a Christian whacko.  Did they provide evidence that the guy is a whacko?  No they did not.  Apparently to atheists, just fabricating a conspiracy theory out of thin air is sufficient evidence, whereas 250 pages of medical records and testimony from a Yale cardiologist is not evidence at all.

You can't tell me objectively and honestly that those rebuttals are evidence based and negate the medical evidence that I put forward.  They are unsubstantiated slanders, special pleading, and goal post moving.

I do think it will be helpful to define terms.  What constitutes a healing, versus a miracle, the evidence needed for proof, and the standards of medical studies.  However, lets cut the Dee and be honest for a moment, none of that matters to the atheists who have been willing to engage in character assignation to cling to their faith claim that God doesn’t answer prayer.  They will just move the goal posts again, or claim they know more than the Harvard/Stanford/Yale scientists and doctors I’ve sited on the topic.  If that fails, then they will make up yet another conspiracy theory with no evidence to support it.  I’m well aware of what they are doing.  I don’t think any amount of evidence would convince them.  I do think that an honest person reading these posts would recognize that there is indeed evidence that prayer works.

I have to stop for now.  I’ll come back and address the rest of your post later.

@just_sayin ; health benefit

And tell every one here what that means and tell every one here where it said in the article that those people prayed for health benefits and show the evidence where God deposited the health benefits in there bank accounts. Your totally nuts for trying to get people believibg that crap says any thing other than that it does which is totally nothing. You have failed miserably to quote any thing at all in those editorials that in any way proves that praying works. Oh an which edition of the Lancet were those advertising editorial craps posted in. You have been caught quoting total misleading and worthless information so I suggest you stop jumping up and down and actually listen to what every one is telling you. You are quoting absolutely nothing to support absolutely nothing.

@just_sayin

I cannot speak for others. I personally have not claimed that she "faked it"; my claim was much weaker - that the presented evidence in support of her alleged miracle recovery was insufficient and suspiciously resembling similar (and well-known to be such) scams.

I do not know anything about Snyder's story, so will refrain from commenting on it. I also am not going to comment on every single rebuttal of your claims: clearly some of those rebuttals themselves are fallacious. I, once again, can only speak for myself and my words. The fact that I happen to agree with @Dee on a very narrow conclusion does not at all imply that the reasoning we used to arrive at it is the same, and lumping me and him together is unfair. I will be the first to admit that many atheists have extremely dishonest and inconsistent positions, and god knows (pun intended) that my own position must be full of holes.

What I am really interested in is your epistemological position and its consistency. It seems to me that the same reasoning that you have used to arrive at the realness of the alleged miracles, prayer as means of communicating with god, and god's existence itself, can be used to arrive at many other claims that you would disagree with. I would like to understand what truly separates the former from the latter, if it is not the reasoning itself.

Personally, I believe myself to have a fairly consistent epistemology. I do not expect some exorbitant amount of evidence in order to seriously consider possibility that during prayer people communicate with some intelligent being: the amount of evidence and its quality has to be the same as it is when it comes to any other question. That is the problem though: it is just not there. I know, when talking on my phone, that I am talking with someone: I can hear their voice. I am not aware of any data that anyone has collected showing that any information comes in from the outside when someone is praying. If I understand your epistemology correctly, you posit that in this case, since we are dealing with a supernatural entity, scientific evidence is not required - which begs the question of whether this applies to all supernatural entities in principle, including all kinds of mythological creatures from various cultures and fictional worlds. Would it be reasonable to say that Gollum's existence does not require scientific proof because Gollum is not natural? To me this position seems completely indefensible, yet is it not the exact position you are assuming, merely replacing word "Gollum" with word "god"?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

However, lets cut the Dee and be honest for a moment, none of that matters to the atheists who have been willing to engage in character assignation to cling to their faith claim that God doesn’t answer prayer. 

It is not "character assainartion " to call a fraudster exactly what she is. None of my claims are " faith based" you keep accusing others of how you reach conclusions as all your conclusions are faith based.

They will just move the goal posts again, or claim they know more than the Harvard/Stanford/Yale scientists and doctors I’ve sited on the topic

You've cited devout christians who have written papers for Christian journals with not one shred of evidence for their claims. When asked you cannot produce even 1 peer reviewed paper by a credible scientist that backs your faith based claims up. 

.  If that fails, then they will make up yet another conspiracy theory with no evidence to support it. 

Like what? You mean like asking for eve one statement from Knoxx claiming she has spinal injuries?

I’m well aware of what they are doing.  I don’t think any amount of evidence would convince them

You cannot produce any.

.  I do think that an honest person reading these posts would recognize that there is indeed evidence that prayer works.

There you go again claiming anyone who disagrees with you is dishonest.

Here is what you refuse to address......

1: Not one person can produce evidence of Knoxxs medical records , whys that?

2: Knoxx has never once talked about her spinal injuries , whys that?

3: You say a You Tube video and witness testimony are enough right? If that's the case do you accept the videos of Sai Baba indian god man  doing miracles on You Tube are just as valid ? If not why not as millions of people have seen him doing such.

4: You and fellow Christians actually believe you have a relationship with a supernatural entity that cannot be seen , heard or touched yet exists that makes you whackos , you all gather in a building on Sundays and close your eyes raise your hands skywards and mutter incantations at an empty ceiling , that proves you're whackos.

Finally @MayCaeser methodology bears no relation to my direct method of communication ad you're only response is to repeat faith based claims that have not one shred of evidence for them.

Tell me this is its been proven prayer works then it follows that must prove God exists so where are these Nobel prizes for the people you claim proved prayer works and god exists?
    @MayCaesar ;
    I cannot speak for others.
    I personally have not claimed. 
    I do not know anything about 
    I also am not going to comment 
    my own position must be full of holes
    I do not expect some exorbitant amount of evidence
    I am not aware of any data that anyone has collected 

Wow have you listened to your self in the mirror lately. Just saying

You must have a real saw bottom from sitting on the fence for so long yet then you say

Personally, I believe myself to have a fairly consistent epistemology.

But any way just to clearify about that woman con artist. And this is my opinion based on reason and the lack of facts. But the fact is that she just so happens to be a high member of the same church as the charlatan pasta. And its a fact that she refused to prove any evidence about her medical condition in the first place. And the fact is that she is a charismatic big mouth charmer and her husband deliberately plays the straight guy. And its a fact that even blind Freddie can see that the video was totally staged and that all the people in it were paid to act like sick people then miraculously. It is so phony and artificial its not even funny. And its a fact any way that Hinn was done big time and every one of those con artists including that guy suddenly stopped doing that dishonest crap.

Every one here is trying to tell @just_sayin about all the total worthless plastic advertising crap he poste dressed as surveys and evidence. And Im ytelling him that if he keeps on consuming all that lying deceiving baloney its like you are what you eat and ultimately he is or is becoming a lying deceiving piece of baloney because thats all he wants to eat.

@MayCaesar, @Dee, @Barndot
    Now, I will answer this question for myself. To me, the chief difference between the two groups is existence of reproducible evidence. How do I know that bears exist, but werebears do not? I can go out in the wilds and observe a bear firsthand, or watch clear photo/video evidence of bears, or go to a museum and look at a bear's bones, or open a research book on mammals and read about endless findings on bears and their biology. I cannot do the same for werebears, all the claims about existence of which can only be taken on faith and cannot be verified in any way.

The general definition of a miracle is an event not explainable solely by natural processes but which require the direct causal agency of a supernatural being, usually God.  By definition a miracle is not reproducible.  MayCaesar, you have committed the same error in logic that Hume did.  Hume claimed that only natural things can happen in the natural world, and if miracles happen in the natural world then there must be a natural explanation.  He in essence defined miracles in such a way that no miracle, even a real one, could be called a miracle.  I think you are guilty of the same fallacy as Hume.

But instead, I'm going to point out to you that it is you, like Dee and Barndot, who are holding on to a faith claim that there are no miracles.  And by your own logic, you should be able to prove me wrong.  You claimed that what you believe has 'reproducible evidence'.  I think that's untrue.  Let me remind you that I'm the one who has provided over a dozen examples of polls where people said they saw a miracle or had a prayer answered, scientific journals and books documenting cases where people were miraculously healed of blindness, lame walking, gastric issues, paralysis, MS, and even death.  I've provided examples of double blind prayer studies that found that prayer works.  Even though I'm the so-called 'faith guy', it is you three that have operated in faith, and failed to show these events are all scientifically reproducible.   Now don't go and give me a 'science of the gaps' excuse of 'well just because science can't explain it, doesn't mean that the all-knowing and all-powerful science can't reproduce it' excuse.  The fact is, in the examples I've provided, all scientific inquiry has not found a way to reproduce the miracles I've mentioned.  If you think otherwise, then its your turn to produce the evidence.

Please show me, the medical/scientific evidence that can reproduce the eyesight of someone who is blind and had the same medical diagnosis as the case of blindness I showed you in the medical journal.

Please show me, the scientifically reproducible method that will instantly heal someone of MS, make them walk again - without any atrophy, heal their lungs, intestines, and give them their eyesight back.  Come on if you really only believe in 'reproducible evidence', then make with the reproducing of those results.  There are millions of people suffering with MS.  If Barbara Cummisky's miracle is just 'reproducible evidence' then you need to reproduce it.  And if you can't, then it seems like your claim you only believe in 'reproducible evidence' is a lie and what you really believe in is just 'make believe'.

Please bring back someone who was dead for 85 minutes and has a written death certificate proving they were dead. Come on, I'm waiting.  Surely since you only believe in 'reproducible evidence', you must have reproducible evidence that science can bring back the dead every time under the same conditions.  So let's start raising those dead bodies boys!

Dee, you claimed you could dismiss the claims of miracles if the doctor was a Christian.  That makes no sense.  How do you explain the scientific evidence of the person's condition and of their healed state after prayer?  In the case of Barbara Cummisky there were numerous doctor's who saw her at the Mayo Clinic and at Du Paul's hospital.  3 different doctor's have testified and written reports about her miracle, providing detailed medical evidence.  Are they all part of your conspiracy theory?

Dee, you called Delia Knox a scammer, but there is no evidence to support this claim.  Its another conspiracy theory that let's you hold on to you debunked faith claim that there are no miracles.  If you think I'm wrong, then reproduce Delia Knox's healing of paralysis over and over again.  

If a miracle is just reproducible science, then prove it and reproduce the miracles I've mentioned.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

You avoid the meat of Humes argument which destroys your contentions easily......

Explain Hume’s Argument Against Miracles

Firstly, we must begin with what Hume defines miracles as. Hume states that a miracle is “a transgression of a law of nature by a particular volition of the deity or by the interposition of some invisible agent”. By this, Hume means to suggest that a miracle is a breaking of a law of nature by the choice and action of a God or supernatural power.

Hume sets up this definition in order to counter with five main arguments.

1) “A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence”.  Here, Hume means to suggest that a wise man considers which side is supported by the most evidence. Everitt calls this the proportionality principle. For example, if we take the miracle of Jesus walking on water from the bible, Hume would suggest that there is more evidence to support the fact people cannot walk on water rather than the one time that Jesus did, and so we should not believe it.

2) Hume also says that we must choose the lesser miracle. Hume here points to Ockham’s Razor as support for this, which basically states that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. In order for a miracle to be true, denial of the miracle would have to be more miraculous than its acceptance. If we took the example of Jesus being resurrected, Hume would suggest that we consider what is more likely: that those making the claim are mistaken, or that Jesus actually came back to life? Here Hume would argue we must logically choose the first option.

3) Hume also suggests that with all claims of miracles made, there is inadequate witness testimony. Witnesses must, according to Hume, be well educated and intelligent. They should have a reputation to lose and nothing to gain from their claim. There must be a “sufficient number” of witnesses in order for a claim to be considered. Hume also states that humans love the fantastic and want to believe in miracles, and believers desire to promote their religion. As a result, Hume argues that many, if not all, claims of miracles in current sources are inadequate and should be dismissed.

4) Following this, Hume also claims that miracles often come from “ignorant and barbarous nations”, making accounts of miracles unreliable. For example, many of the claims of miracles within the bible are made by poor, uneducated fishermen and peasants, which Hume argues is not an adequate source.

5) Finally, Hume argues that miracles in other religions cancel each other out. Miracles from Hinduism or Buddhism, he argues, cancels out those from Christianity of Islam. As such, Hume suggests that instead of picking just one to believe in, we should deny them all.

It's not a " faith claim" to say there are no miracles , it's a statement of fact. The proof is very simple and you refuse to address it .......if its a fact that prayer has been proven to bring about miracles h9w come no one has received a Nobel prize for this remarkable discovery?

You refuse to reply , whys that? Also if prayer has been conclusively proven to work that surely proves god exists so how come no-one person has recieved a Nobel prize for proving that god exists? Bet you refuse to reply.

Dee, you claimed you could dismiss the claims of miracles if the doctor was a Christian

Yes

That makes no sense

OK so if that's the case do you accept miracles claims by Hindus , Buddhists,  Mormons ,Satanists, Indian gurus , faith healers , hypnotists etc, etc if not why not?

.  How do you explain the scientific evidence of the person's condition and of their healed state after prayer?

I've yet to see a peer reviewed paper by a credible scientist to support your claims.

In the case of Barbara Cummisky there were numerous doctor's who saw her at the Mayo Clinic and at Du Paul's hospital.  3 different doctor's have testified and written reports about her miracle, providing detailed medical evidence.  Are they all part of your conspiracy theory?

Are the millions of followers of Sai Baba correct when they say he also cured people of incurable diseases?

Dee, you called Delia Knox a scammer, but there is no evidence to support this claim

Well you cannot post up even one piece by the scammer   saying she has a spinal injury despite my asking 15 times .

.  Its another conspiracy theory that let's you hold on to you debunked faith claim that there are no miracles.  If you think I'm wrong, then reproduce Delia Knox's healing of paralysis over and over again.  

Matters of fact are not " faith claims" yet all your claims are so you attempt to accuse your opponents of your ignorant , superstious , gullible way of " reasoning"

There is  no evidence of  miracles only people like you constantly saying there is , the burden of proof is not on me but you to prove it not the reverse.

If a miracle is just reproducible science, then prove it and reproduce the miracles I've mentioned.

Where did  I say a miracle is " reproducible science" ? I don't believe in miracles you do but cannot prove it just  like you cannot prove the ghost you claim to worship.

Argument Topic: Dee says Dee-dly Squat Yet Again

@Dee

I noticed that you didn't produce any studies that brought back people from the dead, nor any that caused the blind to see, nor made the lame walk, healed gastric issues or healed MS.  So your post is just another example of nothing.  You claimed that miracles aren't real.  If that is true then what I called a miracle is just a natural event that you can reproduce repeatedly at will.  Well?  Where is your evidence that these are reproducible and repeatable events?  It must be in the same place that your evidence that Delia Knox is a scammer is, or maybe you hid it in the same place as your evidence that the case report of Marylon Ford getting her eyesight back is a hoax.  Now I provided you a case study of Marylon Ford going from blind to seeing that has appeared in Science Direct and Elsevier journals. 

Case report of instantaneous resolution of juvenile macular degeneration blindness after proximal intercessory prayer

I have gladly provided you with a letter from her doctor stating what her vision was:

i provided you evidence that she was enrolled in the school for the blind:

I even provided you with a post miracle doctor's examination of her (a different doctor than the first one who confirmed her miracle):

I pointed you to the detailed specifics of her medical case, as seen in the medical journal, and pointed you to the detailed images of her retinas that are provided in the journal.  And what did you provide me?

Dee-dly Squat

That's not evidence Dee.  Marolyn Ford has provided a lot of access to her health records, but you have provided nothing.  Here is a picture of her when she was blind:

Now before we go off on a rabbit trail talking about Hume, its time you held up your end of the evidence producing.  Where are the journals that show how to make blind people see again that can be reproduced over and over again.  
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

ARGUMENT TOPIC : JUST SAYIN YET AGAIN REFUSING TO ANSWER QUESTIONS REGARDING HIS UNFOUNDED CLAIMS.

JUST SAYIN THINKS PREACHING IS DEBATING. BELOW ARE THE REPLIES TO HIS CONTENTIONS THAT HE REFUSES TO ADDRESS.

You avoid the meat of Humes argument which destroys your contentions easily......

Firstly, we must begin with what Hume defines miracles as. Hume states that a miracle is “a transgression of a law of nature by a particular volition of the deity or by the interposition of some invisible agent”. By this, Hume means to suggest that a miracle is a breaking of a law of nature by the choice and action of a God or supernatural power.

1) “A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence”.  Here, Hume means to suggest that a wise man considers which side is supported by the most evidence. Everitt calls this the proportionality principle. For example, if we take the miracle of Jesus walking on water from the bible, Hume would suggest that there is more evidence to support the fact people cannot walk on water rather than the one time that Jesus did, and so we should not believe it.

2) Hume also says that we must choose the lesser miracle. Hume here points to Ockham’s Razor as support for this, which basically states that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one. In order for a miracle to be true, denial of the miracle would have to be more miraculous than its acceptance. If we took the example of Jesus being resurrected, Hume would suggest that we consider what is more likely: that those making the claim are mistaken, or that Jesus actually came back to life? Here Hume would argue we must logically choose the first option.

3) Hume also suggests that with all claims of miracles made, there is inadequate witness testimony. Witnesses must, according to Hume, be well educated and intelligent. They should have a reputation to lose and nothing to gain from their claim. There must be a “sufficient number” of witnesses in order for a claim to be considered. Hume also states that humans love the fantastic and want to believe in miracles, and believers desire to promote their religion. As a result, Hume argues that many, if not all, claims of miracles in current sources are inadequate and should be dismissed.

4) Following this, Hume also claims that miracles often come from “ignorant and barbarous nations”, making accounts of miracles unreliable. For example, many of the claims of miracles within the bible are made by poor, uneducated fishermen and peasants, which Hume argues is not an adequate source.

5) Finally, Hume argues that miracles in other religions cancel each other out. Miracles from Hinduism or Buddhism, he argues, cancels out those from Christianity of Islam. As such, Hume suggests that instead of picking just one to believe in, we should deny them all.

It's not a " faith claim" to say there are no miracles , it's a statement of fact. The proof is very simple and you refuse to address it .......if its a fact that prayer has been proven to bring about miracles how come no one has received a Nobel prize for this remarkable discovery?

You refuse to reply , whys that? Also if prayer has been conclusively proven to work that surely proves god exists so how come no-one person has recieved a Nobel prize for proving that god exists? Bet you refuse to reply.

Dee, you claimed you could dismiss the claims of miracles if the doctor was a Christian

Yes

That makes no sense

OK so if that's the case do you accept miracles claims by Hindus , Buddhists,  Mormons ,Satanists, Indian gurus , faith healers , hypnotists etc, etc if not why not?

.  How do you explain the scientific evidence of the person's condition and of their healed state after prayer?

I've yet to see a peer reviewed paper by a credible scientist to support your claims.

In the case of Barbara Cummisky there were numerous doctor's who saw her at the Mayo Clinic and at Du Paul's hospital.  3 different doctor's have testified and written reports about her miracle, providing detailed medical evidence.  Are they all part of your conspiracy theory?

Are the millions of followers of Sai Baba correct when they say he also cured people of incurable diseases?

Dee, you called Delia Knox a scammer, but there is no evidence to support this claim

Well you cannot post up even one piece by the scammer   saying she has a spinal injury despite my asking 15 times .

.  Its another conspiracy theory that let's you hold on to you debunked faith claim that there are no miracles.  If you think I'm wrong, then reproduce Delia Knox's healing of paralysis over and over again.  

Matters of fact are not " faith claims" yet all your claims are so you attempt to accuse your opponents of your ignorant , superstious , gullible way of " reasoning"

There is  no evidence of  miracles only people like you constantly saying there is , the burden of proof is not on me but you to prove it not the reverse.

Where did  I say a miracle is " reproducible science" ? I don't believe in miracles you do but cannot prove it just  like you cannot prove the ghost you claim to worship.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited September 2023
    @just_sayin

Just for amusement I had a look at your latest " evidence" which you deliberately blurred thinking I wouldn't get to the truth of your nonsensical claims.

You quote a letter from a multi Millionaire bible thumping  preacher from a cult called Bethany ministeries as your " killer " evidence , this scam artist signs off by saying " the ultimate physician god cured her".......seriously buddy you're one gullible rube , ripe for the picking.

Evans preaches about the poor , suffering and hungry but never mentions how he makes millions from these unfortunates and people like you think him a Saint......,WOW

Actually I admire the way oily millionaire religious scammers take your hard earned , your gullibility is what they rely on.

If anyone on here wishes to ensure bishop David his wife and children continue with their lavish  luxurious lifestyle please give generously to gods disciple, Bishop Evans kindly has a link to an app that has no limit donation options , do the right thing his wife needs a bomb job and no amount of praying has stopped her tits sagging 

American bishops of religion cults are exempt from certain  teachings of Jesus especially regards wealth , how perfectly convenient......

“A certain ruler asked him, ‘Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?’  Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery; You shall not murder; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; Honor your father and mother.’ ‘ He replied, ‘I have kept all these since my youth.’ When Jesus heard this, he said to him, ‘There is still one thing lacking. Sell all that you own and distribute the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me. But when he heard this, he became sad; for he was very rich. Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” (Luke 18:18-25).

just_sayin
    Argument Topic: Dee-dly squat provided by Dee again.

@Dee
    Surely you aren't as uninformed as your comments suggest, right?  I have never seen the website you say I used.  I don't know a thing about them.  I am happy to provide sources for you (just ask):

https://marolynford.com/index.html

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550830720300926?via%3Dihub

http://searchingdeeper.com/SearchingForMiracles.html

Why did you invent yet another conspiracy theory rather than just provide me with the scientific evidence you claim is necessary?  AGAIN, I ask you where are your scientific studies that show how to make the blind see, the lame walk, cure those with MS, and raise the dead.  I'm still waiting and you have provided:

Dee-dly squat

Don't change the subject again.  Where is your evidence that shows these miracles can be replicated and done so repeatedly.  It seems that information is missing, like the information to back up your claim that Delia Knox, Marolyn Ford, and Barbara Cummisky Snyder are fakers.  

Come on Dee, man up, where is your studies?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

ARGUMENT TOPIC : JUST SAYIN YET AGAIN REFUSING TO ANSWER QUESTIONS REGARDING HIS UNFOUNDED CLAIMS.

JUST SAYIN THINKS PREACHING IS DEBATING. BELOW ARE THE REPLIES TO HIS CONTENTIONS THAT HE REFUSES TO ADDRESS.

It's not a " faith claim" to say there are no miracles , it's a statement of fact. The proof is very simple and you refuse to address it .......if its a fact that prayer has been proven to bring about miracles how come no one has received a Nobel prize for this remarkable discovery?

Yes

.  That makes no sense

.  Its another conspiracy theory that let's you hold on to you debunked faith claim that there are no miracles.  If you think I'm wrong, then reproduce Delia Knox's healing of paralysis over and over again.  

@just_sayin ;Let me remind you that I'm the one who has provided over a dozen examples 

And let me remind you that every one of those dozen examples is totally bogus made up out of context crap. 

Let me remind you that every one else on this page has told you the samr thing.

Let me remind you that you dont need reminding because you know very well that every bit of your evidence is total rubbish. 

And let me remind you that coming up with the super natural world card doesn't work either because there is no such thing as super natural except in the dictionary and in the minds of lunys.

The super natural was made up by con artists who wear white shoes and gold jewelry to make money out of stubborn nits who want to believe that crap.

• When there is the shared goal made by multiple prayers on two different outcomes, some one's prayer is bound not to come true. My harsh reality is life often misdirects me to pray for the wrong thing.

@MayCaesar, @Dee, @Barndot
    Now, I will answer this question for myself. To me, the chief difference between the two groups is existence of reproducible evidence. How do I know that bears exist, but werebears do not? I can go out in the wilds and observe a bear firsthand, or watch clear photo/video evidence of bears, or go to a museum and look at a bear's bones, or open a research book on mammals and read about endless findings on bears and their biology. I cannot do the same for werebears, all the claims about existence of which can only be taken on faith and cannot be verified in any way.

The general definition of a miracle is an event not explainable solely by natural processes but which require the direct causal agency of a supernatural being, usually God.  By definition a miracle is not reproducible.  MayCaesar, you have committed the same error in logic that Hume did.  Hume claimed that only natural things can happen in the natural world, and if miracles happen in the natural world then there must be a natural explanation.  He in essence defined miracles in such a way that no miracle, even a real one, could be called a miracle.  I think you are guilty of the same fallacy as Hume.

But instead, I'm going to point out to you that it is you, like Dee and Barndot, who are holding on to a faith claim that there are no miracles.  And by your own logic, you should be able to prove me wrong.  You claimed that what you believe has 'reproducible evidence'.  I think that's untrue.  Let me remind you that I'm the one who has provided over a dozen examples of polls where people said they saw a miracle or had a prayer answered, scientific journals and books documenting cases where people were miraculously healed of blindness, lame walking, gastric issues, paralysis, MS, and even death.  I've provided examples of double blind prayer studies that found that prayer works.  Even though I'm the so-called 'faith guy', it is you three that have operated in faith, and failed to show these events are all scientifically reproducible.   Now don't go and give me a 'science of the gaps' excuse of 'well just because science can't explain it, doesn't mean that the all-knowing and all-powerful science can't reproduce it' excuse.  The fact is, in the examples I've provided, all scientific inquiry has not found a way to reproduce the miracles I've mentioned.  If you think otherwise, then its your turn to produce the evidence.

Please show me, the medical/scientific evidence that can reproduce the eyesight of someone who is blind and had the same medical diagnosis as the case of blindness I showed you in the medical journal.

Please show me, the scientifically reproducible method that will instantly heal someone of MS, make them walk again - without any atrophy, heal their lungs, intestines, and give them their eyesight back.  Come on if you really only believe in 'reproducible evidence', then make with the reproducing of those results.  There are millions of people suffering with MS.  If Barbara Cummisky's miracle is just 'reproducible evidence' then you need to reproduce it.  And if you can't, then it seems like your claim you only believe in 'reproducible evidence' is a lie and what you really believe in is just 'make believe'.

Please bring back someone who was dead for 85 minutes and has a written death certificate proving they were dead. Come on, I'm waiting.  Surely since you only believe in 'reproducible evidence', you must have reproducible evidence that science can bring back the dead every time under the same conditions.  So let's start raising those dead bodies boys!

Dee, you claimed you could dismiss the claims of miracles if the doctor was a Christian.  That makes no sense.  How do you explain the scientific evidence of the person's condition and of their healed state after prayer?  In the case of Barbara Cummisky there were numerous doctor's who saw her at the Mayo Clinic and at Du Paul's hospital.  3 different doctor's have testified and written reports about her miracle, providing detailed medical evidence.  Are they all part of your conspiracy theory?

Dee, you called Delia Knox a scammer, but there is no evidence to support this claim.  Its another conspiracy theory that let's you hold on to you debunked faith claim that there are no miracles.  If you think I'm wrong, then reproduce Delia Knox's healing of paralysis over and over again.  

I would appreciate it if you put more effort into understanding the exact position your opponent holds, instead of forcing it to fit on some template that you have seen others defend. It is absolutely false that, as you said, "I am holding on to a faith claim that there are no miracles": first, I have never claimed that there are no miracles, and second, my claims regarding miracles are very well argumented and I am not aware of any of my positions that requires me to hold on to anything other than logic, for I am not emotionally invested in this subject and do not benefit at all from "winning" the argument. 

Once again, my position is not that "there are no miracles". My position is that there are two groups of entities in this world - ones existence and other properties of which can be experimentally tested and verified, and ones existence and other properties of which cannot - and no one has any business claiming that the latter exist. Notice how it is different from me claiming that the latter do not exist.

But why does no one have any business claiming that the latter exist? Well, because it is the only epistemological approach that does not result in complete chaos. What if anything can be claimed to exist as long as its existence cannot be verified? Then you have an infinity of the most bizarre entities that any drugged homeless person on the streets can say exist, and you have no choice other than to agree with validity of their reasoning - and what do we get? A situation in which fantastic creatures fly all over the place, obliterating everything in their way. The most mundane tasks, such as making a bed, become impossible, given the sea of possible (and irrefutable) consequences of such. No one lives their life while employing such an approach, yet people selectively employ it when it comes to specific topics for reasons never clearly specified by them. Once again, why accept that praying equates communicating with "god", but not accept that whenever you have trouble falling asleep, it is because Darth Vader pushes against your mind remotely from the Galaxy Far-Far Away? This is, in essence, my question: what criteria do you use when differentiating between the two?

I will emphasize it once again: I am not accusing you of anything, but asking a very clear question. I want you to explain the exact methodology you use when differentiating between true and false claims among those that cannot be verified/reproduced in the real world. It is very much possible that your methodology is perfectly sound and consistent - but since you have never elaborated on what it is, it is absolutely impossible to examine. And without this clarification from the outside it appears that the only real reason you accept some of the claims of Christianity that you do and not, say, the claim that the bigfoot exists is because you were brought up in a way that made it convenient and comfortable to do so. Had you been brought up in a different environment, one in which everyone believes in the bigfoot and ridicules those that do not, but no one takes the idea of god's existence seriously, your positions could easily be reversed.

I will make a small addition here. I do not know everything about the cases of alleged quick recoveries from debilitating conditions you keep referring to. The couple of them I looked into had a lot of questionable elements that easily put them in the list of common scams/fantasies, but I will not go as far as to say that incredible quick recoveries seemingly out of the blue are absolutely impossible - human organism is very complex and most of its functions are still undiscovered. It is possible, for instance, for someone to have a mild condition that the doctors made them believe was much worse than it was, and belief in that made them not even try to overcome it - but believing in god and hearing a prayer gave them a boost of determination to break from the shackles... Or, perhaps, the emotional mobilization they got from all the excitement at the prayer event activated some neural mechanisms in their bodies that facilitated incredibly rapid recovery. It is unlikely, but not completely unrealistic.
    None of that does anything to support the incredible claim that the recovery is a product of some sort of "divine intervention". That claim is on a completely different level of incredulity, and it does not seem that you have even attempted to say anything that could be construed to be its defense.
    @John_C_87 ;some one's prayer is bound not to come true.No ones prayer has ever come true ever. And if it has it will be a coincidence and nothing else. But then you know all the God freaks go running down the street shouting hell a loo yeah prayer works see see see look his prayer was answered.
    @John_C_87 ;some one's prayer is bound not to come true.

No ones prayer has ever come true ever. And if it has it will be a coincidence and nothing else. But then you know all the God freaks go running down the street shouting hell a loo yeah prayer works se se se look his prayer was 

@Dee ;I've yet to see a peer reviewed paper by a credible scientist to support your claims.

I thoroughly agree with you on that point and thats what I keep on telling Just Sayin.

I remember not so long ago and I cant remember what the discussion was or who was arguing it but any way what happened was a similar thing. This total dweeb kept on saying just like Just Sayin that all the sites he quoted supported his claims but like you just pointed out all the sites were just spam editorials that said not one single thing in effect. But this dweeb just keeped on repeating the same thing over and over because he couldn't argue his way our of a paper bag that was popped even if he tried. The thing is with Just Sayin though is that he seems a lot more intelligent and even tempered. Its just that he is so screwed up on his religion he keeps on wanting to believe all that false evidence. The best bet for him I reckon is that he should visit a psychologist.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

I remember this bible thumping chicken plucker who could barely spell saying that a fully paid up psychologist who said profilling is akin to fortune telling was lying and making it up., I also remember this same guy and his buddy saying profilling was guesswork and not psychology then saying it was psychology and not guesswork.

That same guy admits that not honouring a debt is fine once he and his girlfriend are doing it and if you disagree he rounds up some thugs to threaten you.

Interesting though though that same guy said he was getting a promotion in work to drive a forklift,next he will be doing joined up writing.....maybe ...
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

Here is Barndoor the pretend Atheist yet an admitted  born again racist redneck christian in his own words.........

I’m a born again Christian so I really knew God any way it’s just that I came off the rails and I found him again and it was this immigrant guy where I work that really got me back on to god any way because he red the Bible every day at work and one day he said And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter in to life maimed, than having two hands to go in to hell, in to the fire that never shall be quenched. And I realised then that that made a lot of sents because we all have to take owner ship of what we do. And any way his brother turns out to be called Jesus so that’s no coincidence at all. So that’s my story and it is really a journey really.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6073 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

I do not think that intelligence and religiosity counteract each other. An intellectual-minded atheist might think that, as long as someone has enough intellect to be able to think issues through logically, they will inevitably arrive at the conclusion that religions are fantasies - yet the most able minds tend to be the best at building sophisticated philosophical constructs in order to protect their beliefs. Jordan Peterson is a great example of that: he is a titan of thought, one of the most intellectual people alive, a prominent and prolific scientist in multiple fields - yet what have decades of his search brought him to? He is logical enough to not outright believe in what the Bible says, yet from the practical standpoint the position he defends is equivalent to, "Live as if everything the Bible says was factual truth".

Resistance to collectivistic dogmas (religious or otherwise) does not come from thoughtfulness. I believe that it is something more experiential. We all find ourselves in situations routinely when it is more convenient to agree with someone than disagree, even if from the purely logical perspective we are inclined to disagree - and the more concessions we make in such situations, the more baggage we accumulate, baggage that is difficult to dump as that would cause strongly negative reactions from countless people who we pretended to be on board with. Often logic itself will say, "Even if this is not true, logically I know that the consequences of not accepting it as true will be dire. It is logical to accept an illogical position".

Personally I have never seriously considered religion, and my first serious encounter with it caused me to think that it is just another Santa story - and that conclusion has never really changed. However, I am a huge fantasy junkie. I started playing computer games before I could speak or walk, so fictional worlds and creatures are as natural to me as the real world and its creatures - and with that I have a very sharp fantasy detector. Someone who has become intimately familiar with a hundred fictional worlds, when looking at the Biblical claims, will immediately see the resemblance to those worlds, so "Bloop! Fantasy detected! Bloop!" is automatic here. I know of, at least, 30 fictional universes in which "gods" exist - how is the Biblical universe not just one more of those?

But suppose you live in an environment where everyone talks about "god", "angels" and "miracles" with as much strength and confidence as they do about "coffee", "cars" and "houses". It is not that easy to seriously consider that everyone around you might just be talking nonsense inspired by a bunch of fantasy stories: "So many people would not be so serious about it if there was not something to it, right?" You will start developing intellectual shortcuts allowing you to avoid questioning things, so you do not feel like the odd one in the community... A few years of that - and now the concept of "god" is as integral to your worldview as gravity or time. And now, when someone says, "Buddy, this is just a fantasy story" - all of those shortcuts you have developed kick in, all the defensive mechanisms in your body are activated, and you shoot back without thinking, "Ah, child, you are so confused..."

It is not like in the Medieval times, when virtually everyone in Europe believed in the Christian god, people were just somehow dumber than nowadays. No, they simply went with the flow, just like people do nowadays - it is just that nowadays there are multiple different flows, and whichever flow you find yourself in is very likely to take you on a long ride, without you ever considering that there might be better flows out there.
    @Dee
    JUST SAYIN YET AGAIN REFUSING TO ANSWER QUESTIONS REGARDING HIS UNFOUNDED CLAIMS.

First, you are the one who didn't turn in his homework. You were suppose to provide me with studies that show you can repeatably make the blind see, make the lame walk, and bring the dead back to life.  Now I've provided lots and lots of evidence for my claim that praying works, but you haven't reproduced a single one of the miracles that you claim are just natural events.  So make with the evidence - bring those dead guys back to life.

If this were a discussion on Hume or miracles only, I'd happily address his claims, but its about evidence that prayer works - that's much broader than just miracles.  Craig Keener in his book Miracles Today, spends the first half of his book talking about Hume - you should read his critic.  

As far as unfounded claims, just cause you don't like the claims, doesn't mean they are unfounded.  I've provided double blind, peer reviewed studies from JAMA that shows prayer has health benefits.  I provided studies from Harvard and Stanford professors, as well as from a Yale Cardiologist.  I have provided documented case studies of the blind receiving their site, the lame walking, a person with MS being instantly healed of the disease and  receiving her eyesight back after prayer.  

Here's a brief list of the miracles that came in response to prayer that I've mentioned so far:

1. Case report of instantaneous resolution of juvenile macular degeneration blindness after proximal intercessory prayer

3. https://seangeorge.com.au/my-story/my-story/

And the documented evidence here:
    https://seangeorge.com.au/my-story/medical-details/

4. Raising the Dead: A Doctor Encounters the Miraculous

5. Delia Knox healed of paralysis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKHMc_Orn5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qqONI5WMTs&t=1492s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrVIhcXHRNs - notice the paralyzed lady is walking the whole time

6. Barbara Cummisky Snyder is instantly healed of MS and blindness -

https://1c15.co.uk/barbara-snyder-barbara-cummiskey-snyder-healed-from-multiple-sclerosis/

Scott Kolbaba, Physician's Untold Stories: Miraculous Experiences  Doctors are Hesitant to Share with their Patients, or Anyone! (North Charleston, SC: CreateSpace, 2016) (image of x-ray on page 121)

https://www.scribd.com/document/534776708/Chicago-Tribune-Mon-Sep-26-1983-clipping

These claims all have medical documentation and doctor's who attest to the miracles.  That's the opposite of unfounded.  These are are documented with numerous medical witnesses.

But as you could always hand in your homework and prove that these are not real miracles, by providing studies where the blind, lame, and dead are all made well in a repeatable fashion.  Will you be a man, or run away again?

@just_sayin

Just Sayin is preaching now which is his attempt to avoid answering questions on his unfounded assertions.

Lets have a look again at what Just Sayin is running from and  refusing to answer .......

1: Post up Delia Knoxx in  her own words admitting she had a spinal injury ?

2: Post up Delia Knoxxs medical record?

3: Post up the testimonies of the medical people who attended her?

4: Knoxx and her husband are both multi millionaires aid by their miracle claims their church pulls in 100 million plus a year funded by gullible people like you.

4: You claimed a miracle regading a persons heart failure ,the doctor who gave written testimony was a Bishop Evans a multi millionaire super church evangelist ,you now deny even knowing who he is, whys that?

5: You posted up unreadible documents and call them evidence whys that?

6: Not one of your links regards evedence has been accepted by credible scientists every one of your testimonies is by a devout christian.

7: Your latest attempt at a miracle claim involves yet another super wealthy christian evangelist who had a heart attack in a remote part of Australia and very convieniently in a hospital , his miracle cure only came about when his wife prayed over him ....some foolish sceptics seem to think because he recieved CPR throughout his ordeal that may have revived him ....LOL....

Thankfully he's back in full swing touring the world making millions sharing his story of divine healing.

Incidentally he's changed his testimony several times , whats a small white lie when money is at stake?

8: You also accept all miracle claims by other religions so do you also worship.Shiva , Ganesh , Sai Baba? 

9: You claim miracles have been scientifically verified which means god has been scientifically verified so where are the nobel prizes for the multi millionaire evangelists who have achieved this?

10: You are the one making miracle claims not i the burden of proof is on you not me, you cannot meet the burden.Staged You Tube videos are not proof , nor are testimonies that are given by a motely bunch of christian charlatans, nor are blurred newspaper cuttings for unamed sources.

Watch yet again Just Sayin refusing to answer by preaching yet again.

Here is a basic definition  of the burden of proof fallacy you seem to have great difficulty understanding 

A burden of proof fallacy is when a person tries to eschew their need to provide proof. They can do so by denying an event, by pretending they have already offered their burden of proof, or by saying it is someone else's duty to provide the burden of proof.

The truly remarkable thing about your claims are that god when prayed to saved a paralysed multi millionaire from a life in a wheelchair and saved a multi millionaire touring evangelist from heart failure yet daily let's children die of cancer even though the parents pray for their children to be saved , it seems he's prefers strictly wealthy American protestants over the average Joe yet you think this entity worthy of worship why?

@just_sayin ;These claims all have medical documentation and doctor's who attest to the miracles.  @Dee @MayCaeser

What complete nonsense.

For example there is medical documentation in case 1 but not one bit of it proves in any way that the patient was cured instantaneously of macular degeneration. And doctors attesting does not prove it either. And no body witnessed the miraculous instant recovery except the man and woman and even blind Freddie can tell that they concocted a big story.

Oh and just for interest do any of your evidence links state how that for every prayer that was answered with a cure that there are 10,465,278 prayers that are not answered. Well do they. No not one of them does for some odd reason.

Oh and how many of those evidence sites support wacky alternative medicines and how many print editorials disguised as medical papers. All of them. I checked them.

And how many of the doctors who contributed to those sites were paid by the sites to write circumstantial reports. All of them. I checked them.

You have been made aware often enough by now that every bit of your so called evidence is totally bogus and why it is and you have been quoted sections that prove it.

So you have to take responsibility for what your doing especially given the fact that you continuously keep posting the same links that you know very well have been properly refuted. You are therefore a persistent pathological lyre and deceiver and it is any wonder how you sleep at night by dishing up that completely contrived artificial rubbish you call evidence.

So every one lies and you lie far more than the average person. In fact your lying and deceiving goes way past the loony fringe. But that does not bother me too much since your the only one who probably doesn't think your lying.

What gets me is that there are thousands of people out there who have genuinely life long illnesses who suffer a lot and I think the lies and cheating and deception that you try to push are a total obscene insult to those decent people who are striving to get better. And you are a total obscene insult to the thousands of people who spend there lives doing honest research and make proper un ambiguous findings to help those other people.

I think you should be utterly ashamed of your disgusting behavior and you should crawl back in to the gutter where you belong and never come back.

Just saying so dont take it to personally will you. Just stop your utter crap because your going to be told where to get off every time.

Barnardot said:
    @just_sayin ;Let me remind you that I'm the one who has provided over a dozen examples 

And let me remind you that every one of those dozen examples is totally bogus made up out of context crap. 

Let me remind you that every one else on this page has told you the samr thing.

Let me remind you that you dont need reminding because you know very well that every bit of your evidence is total rubbish. 

And let me remind you that coming up with the super natural world card doesn't work either because there is no such thing as super natural except in the dictionary and in the minds of lunys.

The super natural was made up by con artists who wear white shoes and gold jewelry to make money out of stubborn nits who want to believe that crap.

Oh is that right?  Let's review the evidence:

At least 200 million eye witnesses to healings or miracles.

I posted the Pew survey of Pentecostals/Charismatics from 10 countries who were asked if they had seen a miracle or healing.  If you do the math of how many Pentecostals/Charismatics are in the countries and multiply that by the percent of those who said they had seen a miracle or healing that's at least 200 million people from just 10 countries.

Spirit and Power – A 10-Country Survey of Pentecostals - Pew Research Center

You dismissed the eye witness testimony of millions of people out of hand.  You suggested the unproven conspiracy theory that they are all lying or that it is just mass hallucinations.  But you have not interviewed these people.  Your accusations are without evidence and merit.  If I am wrong, then produce the evidence that all 200 million of these people lied.  Occam's razor suggests that it is much more likely that you are mistaken, than these 200 million people.

I'm sure that racist bigots like Hume and those who post his stuff would argue that since these people come from 'those countries" that their eyewitness accounts must be false because they deem them 'ignorant' (yep, that is Hume's racist argument).  But even in rich countries, the majority of people who pray affirm that God has answered their prayer in the last year.

Further supporting this claim is the Radiant Foundation study of 1100 people:

87% of Americans who pray say their prayers were answered in the last year: study

Extrapolated that's over 100 million Americans claiming that they had a prayer answered in the last year alone.  Now, I'm sure you'll claim that that's not hard evidence and that medical documentation is needed.  Well, I've provided at least 5 medically documented examples of miraculous healings:

Medically Documented Miracles

1. Case report of instantaneous resolution of juvenile macular degeneration blindness after proximal intercessory prayer

3. https://seangeorge.com.au/my-story/my-story/

And the documented evidence here:

4. Raising the Dead: A Doctor Encounters the Miraculous

5. Barbara Cummisky Snyder is instantly healed of MS and blindness -

Scott Kolbaba, Physician's Untold Stories: Miraculous Experiences  Doctors are Hesitant to Share with their Patients, or Anyone! (North Charleston, SC: CreateSpace, 2016) (image of x-ray on page 121)

Even though some of these account appear in medical journals, have multiple attestations from medical doctors from the Mayo Clinic, Yale, Harvard and Stanford, with extensive records of the patients condition before and after prayer, you have claimed these are 'made up'.  It seems more likely you are in denial, than these examples are false.  

Now have you provided medical studies that show you can repeatedly make the blind see, the lame walk, and the dead come back to life after being dead for 85 minutes or more?  No you haven't.  You claim these aren't miracles; then reproduce them.  Oh and you better do a study that meets your own imposed example, so I expect a double blind study of at least 1000 patients where half are given a placebo and you raise the half from the dead.  Hurry up.   Where is your evidence?  Each of these people provided evidence even though they knew hatemongering atheists would slander them and attack them, just for sharing their story.  

Most Medical Studies Show Prayer Works

I've provided lots of peer reviewed studies that show that prayer works (in fact the majority of prayer studies agree that prayer works).  Here is just a sampling:

From Pub Med:

Effects of intercessory prayer on patients with rheumatoid arthritis

Results: Patients receiving in-person intercessory prayer showed significant overall improvement during 1-year follow-up. ..
    Conclusions: In-person intercessory prayer may be a useful adjunct to standard medical care for certain patients with rheumatoid arthritis. 

From Sage Journals:

A Randomized Trial of the Effect of Prayer on Depression and Anxiety

Results:

At the completion of the trial, participants receiving the prayer intervention showed significant improvement of depression and anxiety, as well as increases of daily spiritual experiences and optimism compared to controls (p < 0.01 in all cases). Subjects in the prayer group maintained these significant improvements (p < 0.01 in all cases) for a duration of at least 1 month after the final prayer session. Participants in the control group did not show significant changes during the study. Cortisol levels did not differ significantly between intervention and control groups, or between pre- and post-prayer conditions.

Conclusions:

Direct contact person-to-person prayer may be useful as an adjunct to standard medical care for patients with depression and anxiety. Further research in this area is indicated.

The Effect of Prayer on Depression and Anxiety: Maintenance of Positive Influence One Year after Prayer Intervention

Results:

Evaluations post-prayer at 1 month and 1 year showed significantly less depression and anxiety, more optimism, and greater levels of spiritual experience than did the baseline (pre-prayer) measures (p < 0.01 in all cases).

Conclusions:

Subjects maintained significant improvements for a duration of at least 1 year after the final prayer session. Direct person-to-person prayer may be useful as an adjunct to standard medical care for patients with depression and anxiety. Further research in this area is indicated.

From JAMA

A Randomized, Controlled Trial of the Effects of Remote, Intercessory Prayer on Outcomes in Patients Admitted to the Coronary Care Unit

Results  Compared with the usual care group (n=524), the prayer group (n=466) had lower mean±SEM weighted (6.35±0.26 vs 7.13±0.27; P=.04) and unweighted (2.7±0.1 vs 3.0±0.1; P=.04) CCU course scores. Lengths of CCU and hospital stays were not different.

Conclusions  Remote, intercessory prayer was associated with lower CCU course scores. This result suggests that prayer may be an effective adjunct to standard medical care.

This was a double blind study that fits your arbitrary requirements for size and approach, yet you claim it is worthless.  The truth is that you have been proven wrong and hypocritical.  The JAMA study does indeed claim that those who were prayed for had discernable health benefits.

Systematic Prayer Studies Show that Prayer Works Too

A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW OF THE QUALITY OF RESEARCH ON HANDS-ON AND DISTANCE HEALING: CLINICAL AND LABORATORY STUDIES,

examined the quality of studies of hands-on healing and distance healing that were published between 1955 and 2001. There were 90 identified studies of which 45 had been conducted in clinical settings and 45 in laboratory settings. they reported that 71% of the clinical studies and 62% of the laboratory studies reported positive outcomes; and that the overall internal validity for the studies on distance healing was 75% for the clinical investigations and 81% for the laboratory investigations. So the bulk of studies shows prayer works.

in a Pub Med systematic review of distance prayer 

" Of these studies, 13 (57%) yielded statistically significant treatment effects favoring distant healing, nine showed no superiority of distant healing over control interventions and one showed a negative effect for distant healing. "

Systematic reviews are considered the gold standard of studies, and the bulk of them agree that prayer has health benefits for the one being prayed for.  

While you have said the evidence is 'bogus', it seems obvious that is just your opinion that it is clouded by your own biases.  I'm still waiting on your studies that replicate raising the dead at least 85 minutes after being declared dead, making those blind by macular degeneration  see after 22 years of being blind, making the lame walk (and just for fun, make their blindness instantly go away too as the case I provided showed). I've backed up my claims with evidence, but you haven't backed your claim that these miracles are just natural occurrences that can be replicated.  It seems obvious that it is your claims that are ' totally bogus made up out of context crap'.

@just_sayin ;Oh is that right?  Let's review the evidence:

No because WE have many times all ready. You know that very well. You know very well that you have repeated the same sites each time and dishonestly behaving that that is not the case only gas to the fire that you will pedal the same crap over and over again. You totally refuse to accept that your arguments have been properly defeated by every one else on this page and etill carry on with your senmseless illogical arguments. So if your going to repeet the same stuff I will repeet again that you are an obseen  insult to genuinely sick people who dont get better because they dont follow your sick stu pidness.

@Dee
    Sigh.  Let's go through your comments

1: Post up Delia Knoxx in  her own words admitting she had a spinal injury ?
    2: Post up Delia Knoxxs medical record?
    3: Post up the testimonies of the medical people who attended her?
    4: Knoxx and her husband are both multi millionaires aid by their miracle claims their church pulls in 100 million plus a year funded by gullible people like you.
    I have posted multiple videos of her story.  In them they explicitly say she had nerve damage that resulted in paralysis.  

I do not have her medical records, nor do I have testimonies from her doctors.

You are mistaken about which church Knox is at and the church's budget.  Did it ever occur to you that there might be more than 1 'Living Word Christian Center' in the US?  You not only didn't have the right city, you don't have the right state either.  The church's address is

1401 Government St. Mobile, AL 36604

You can see it here: https://www.lwccim.com/pastor-delia-knox/

Videos of the service suggest is is no more than 300 in weekly attendance.  See video here:

https://vimeo.com/showcase/8048279

4: You claimed a miracle regading a persons heart failure ,the doctor who gave written testimony was a Bishop Evans a multi millionaire super church evangelist ,you now deny even knowing who he is, whys that?
    As far as I can tell, the doctor is not a bishop, and his last name has never been Evans.  Dr. Chauncey Crandall serves as the pioneering Director of The Palm Beach Clinic of Preventive Medicine and Cardiology. He has previously held the position of Assistant Professor of Medicine at Mount Sinai Heart, New York. There, he led the Preventive Medicine and Complex Cardiology program and was the Director of Academic Affairs and Education for Mount Sinai Heart New York–Palm Beach (from his bio)

https://chaunceycrandall.com/biography/

He tells the account of his patient's coming back from the dead in:
    Raising the Dead: A Doctor Encounters the Miraculous

5: You posted up unreadible documents and call them evidence whys that?

Sorry if they are blurry, but they do go back to 1859, and were photocopied many decades ago.  Zoom them and you can read them, at least I can.

6: Not one of your links regards evedence has been accepted by credible scientists every one of your testimonies is by a devout christian.
    Sorry bud, but I have posted several peer reviewed prayer studies, some from JAMA.  The cardiologists, whose name you didn't get right was the  Assistant Professor of Medicine at Mount Sinai Heart, New York.  All 3 doctor's for Barbara Cummisky Snyder practiced at the Mayo Clinic.  If they have faith it doesn't discount their credentials.  

7: Your latest attempt at a miracle claim involves yet another super wealthy christian evangelist who had a heart attack in a remote part of Australia and very convieniently in a hospital , his miracle cure only came about when his wife prayed over him ....some foolish sceptics seem to think because he recieved CPR throughout his ordeal that may have revived him ....LOL....
    You 'conveniently forgot to mention the guy had already been pronounced dead when his wife prayed for him and that CPR had been stopped after 30 minutes.  Looks like somebody was trying to deceive.  His story is located here:

https://seangeorge.com.au/my-story/my-story/

He provides the medical evidence here:

8: You also accept all miracle claims by other religions so do you also worship.Shiva , Ganesh , Sai Baba? 
    Why would I exclude a miracle claim from another faith?  If an event is not a natural medical event - such as the blind miraculously getting their sight back, a paralyzed woman getting up out of her wheel chair after 22 years, or the dead coming back to life, then it is a miracle regardless of the religion of the one healed.
    9: You claim miracles have been scientifically verified which means god has been scientifically verified so where are the nobel prizes for the multi millionaire evangelists who have achieved this?
    If the miracles I have mentioned are not miracles then you need to prove you can replicate them.  Give someone back their eyesight with the same macular degeneration of the woman I mentioned.  Heal someone with MS who was terminal and give her back her eyesight at the same time too.  Bring the dead back to life.  Go ahead, you made a tremendous claim, but you can't back it up.  I have merely pointed you to the evidence.

10: You are the one making miracle claims not i the burden of proof is on you not me, you cannot meet the burden.Staged You Tube videos are not proof , nor are testimonies that are given by a motely bunch of christian charlatans, nor are blurred newspaper cuttings for unamed sources.

You claimed bringing the dead back to life was just a natural occurrence.  You need to back that up with some evidence.  I have provided several examples of medically documented miracles that have no natural explanation.  The burden is now yours.  You have run away from your responsibility.  You have slandered individuals without evidence.  You have consistently made false statements about the patients and doctor's involved.  

@just_sayin ;Sigh.  Let's go through your comments

You can keep on pushing all your lying crap to as many people as you like as many times as you like all you like by repeating the same spam websites that have been proven so but in the end all your doing is jumping up and down telling every one that your lying and deceitful and just wont stop which also means your a complete loon and should get off this web site. Just like others who have kept up that persistent repetitive trolling before your going to get kicked off any way. And then reasonable people who debate reasonably can get on with it. You know very well that what your pushing is totally obscene offensive rubbish. You have been told enough times and the proof of you hogwash has been put to you more than enough times. Once more you are a lying deceitful pieace of scum that no body except your type wants to be a round.

@Barnardot
    For example there is medical documentation in case 1 but not one bit of it proves in any way that the patient was cured instantaneously of macular degeneration. And doctors attesting does not prove it either. And no body witnessed the miraculous instant recovery except the man and woman and even blind Freddie can tell that they concocted a big story.

Wow, we are making progress.  Some initially claimed Marylon Ford was never legally blind, nor that she got her sight back.  We are indeed making progress.  The case study shows that she had macular degeneration, specifically Stargardt disease, and was legally blind with doctor's records placing her uncorrected vision was 7/200 in each eye roughly corresponding to finger counting.  After her prayer event, doctor's recorded her vision at 20/100, a 400% increase, and it further improved to 20/40, that's without a prescription and with a cataract.  The case study says she told her church the next day, on Sunday evening of her healing.  

I'm trying to understand what you are saying.  Are you arguing that because her eyesight continued to improve over time that it was not a miracle?  If so, you'd have to explain how her MD could medically improve.  The case study goes through several different scenarios and finds that there were no medical cures for her condition, nor examples of people whose eyesight with her kind of MD improving.  From the case study:

Considering the fact that significant vision improvement is not under direct voluntary control and this case did not involve trial participation it seemed unlikely that a placebo or Hawthorne effect could account for the improvement.16
    Placebo effects have been defined as, “the physical change that occurs as a result of what we believe a pill or procedure will do”.24,p.323 Further, it has been suggested that “when a person responds well to a placebo, the healer is actually faith, not pharmacology”.24,p.323 Physical conditions (e.g., heart failure25; severe nausea in pregnancy26) have been reported as responsive to placebos, however findings are limited. Positive outcomes of placebo effects associated with improvement of Stargardt's disease have not been found in the literature. While a placebo effect cannot be ruled out in the current case, if there was a placebo effect, it is not clear how the visual acuity could be improved via placebo.
    Traditional medical and nutritional interventions have helped to slow the progression of vision loss in some forms of MD, however there are limited findings on treatments that can reverse the effects.27 Recent advancements in gene therapy have produced SAR422459, a lentiviral vector gene therapy carrying the ABCA4 gene, to treat Stargardt's disease. While the treatment is in developmental stages, no significant changes in best-corrected visual acuity have been reported.28 Positive results have been found in stem cell treatments, where human embryonic stem cell-derived were used to treat AMD and Stargardt's disease and improved VA (median of 10 letters for Stargardt's disease, equivalent to improving VA from 20/200 to 20/125) and also the better quality of life.13 But such treatments were not available to the patient at the time of her recovery of vision.

So this is a big concocted story?  Was her time at a blind school concocted also?  I've provided documentation that she attended the Arkansas Enterprise for the Blind.  Kind of an elaborate 'concocted story'.  

Oh and just for interest do any of your evidence links state how that for every prayer that was answered with a cure that there are 10,465,278 prayers that are not answered. Well do they. No not one of them does for some odd reason.

I think you are conflating miracles with healings and other answered prayer.  Miracles are indeed rare.  They are not common.  However, I have provided a Pew study showing that there were at least 200 million people who attest to a healing that they observed, and another poll that showed that 87% of praying Americans had a prayer answered in the last year.  If prayer were just a natural or biological process where you put in a certain prayer and get out a certain answer then you might have a point.  However, most consider prayer interacting with a divine being, not some object that can be manipulated at will.

Oh and how many of those evidence sites support wacky alternative medicines and how many print editorials disguised as medical papers. All of them. I checked them.

The current classification system places prayer as an alternative medicine.  That is true.  So any journal that carries a study on prayer would classify it as an alternative medicine.  That does not preclude scientific journals such as JAMA from reporting prayer studies which show health benefits for patients who are prayed for, which they have done.  
    @just_sayin

JUST SAYIN. REFUSES TO ADDRESS THE METHODOLOGY THAT PROVESSOMETH8NG IS A MIRACLE

BARBARA KNOXX WILL NOT POST UP HER MEDICAL RECORDS 

KNOXX NEVER MENTIONED A SPINAL INJURY AND NEVER MADE A TESTIMONY REGARDS HERCINJURIES

NOT ONE MEDICAL PROFFESIONAL WILL BACK HER CLAIMS UP 

A YOU TUBE VIDEO ACTUALLY ACCORDING TO JUST SAYING SHOWS GOD ACTUALLY HELPING HER TO WALK , OF COURSE GOD CANNOT BE SEEN AIDING HER 

JUST SAYIN DIDNT KNOW KNOXX AND HER HUSBAND OWN SEVERAL CHUCHES , PROPERTIES , TV STATIONS ETC , ETC 

JUST SAYIN ADMITS HE BELIEVES ALL MIRACLE CLAIMS MADE IN THE NAME OF 18,000 DIFFERENT GODS AND ALL ARE VALID 

JUST SAYIN SAID THE WORLD OF SCIENCE ADMITTED MIRACLES ARE GENU8NE PHENOMENA AND THAT GOD EXISTS YET HE'S LOST THE LINK WHERE THE WORLD OF SCIENCE ADMITS THIS 

THESE ARE ONLY A HANDFUL OF HIS LOONY VIEWS IT GETS WORSE

I do not have her medical records, nor do I have testimonies from her doctors.

I know you dont even have a testimony from Knoxx herself. 

You are mistaken about which church Knox is at and the church's budget.  Did it ever occur to you that there might be more than 1 'Living Word Christian Center' in the US?  You not only didn't have the right city, you don't have the right state either.  The church's address is

1401 Government St. Mobile, AL 36604

You can see it here: https://www.lwccim.com/pastor-delia-knox/

Videos of the service suggest is is no more than 300 in weekly attendance.  See video here:

https://vimeo.com/showcase/8048279

I'm not mistaken at all so please quit lying Knoxx and her husband have several addresses and properties and busnessess unless that is their lying .......

In 2001, four years after the late Marilyn Knox went home to be with the Lord, He joined to our visionary, Bishop Knox, and the Living Word Christian Center family, our beloved First Lady, his queen, Pastor Delia Knox, adding a facet to this ministry that would soon reveal the fulfillment of prophetic words spoken as sovereignty and destiny came together.

On December 28, 2017, by the grace and favor of God and His supernatural help from a supernatural realm (Ps 44:3), He sovereignly delivered into our hands a cinema theater with 41,000 square feet of building at 4900 Government Boulevard, a 9.5-acre site in one of the most prime locations in the city for the future home of Living Word Christian Center International Ministries! To God be the glory!

As far as I can tell, the doctor is not a bishop, and his last name has never been Evans.  Dr. Chauncey Crandall serves as the pioneering Director of The Palm Beach Clinic of Preventive Medicine and Cardiology. He has previously held the position of Assistant Professor of Medicine at Mount Sinai Heart, New York. There, he led the Preventive Medicine and Complex Cardiology program and was the Director of Academic Affairs and Education for Mount Sinai Heart New York–Palm Beach (from his bio)

Yet another lie  , one of your pieces of supporting evidence is signed by Dr Evans its the only signature that can be read , so you now admit he doesn't exist or he's made a name up , WOW!

https://chaunceycrandall.com/biography/

He tells the account of his patient's coming back from the dead in:

Raising the Dead: A Doctor Encounters the Miraculous

Chauncy Crandall is a notorious scam artist and religious con artist. This id-ot when told his son had Leukemia went in search of faith healers to cure him and of course his son died , was god on a day off?

Crandell the con man clamied his recovery from a heart attack wax a miracle , you really are a gullible person , lets look at the truths regards your Christian "hero"......

https://thedamienzone.com/2013/08/24/dr-chauncey-crandall-rip-off-scam-four-things-heart-attack-rip-off-yes/

Do you want a list of complaints from Christians about this scam artist you worship.

Chauncey Crandall review: What a rip off 20

J
    Jill Noble of US
    May 17, 20122:09 am EDT
    Review updated: Jul 02, 2023
    Featured review

Chauncey Crandall is medicine doctor who advertised free consultation but when I was going to apply for that consultation I was asked to pay... What a nonsense, why a hell did he advertise free service? If he is such a bad person I doubt he will be good doctor.

More
    Helpful?30
    20 comments
    A
    Art Haglund of chihuahua, MX
    Jul 02, 20236:01 pm EDT
    Verified customer

Dr Chauncey Crandall is a fraud. He operates a fraudulent, non-existent charity that takes donations and pockets the money, all of the money. He claims that he has a clinic, in honor of his dead son, Chadwick, in Medellin Colombia. I have contacted the local government and hospitals there and had two friends, who liver\ there, to investigate. NO SUCH CLINIC EXISTS!

I contacted the attorney general of Florida who told me to contact consumer complaints.

As for his claims of bing a Christian who raised a dad man, it, too, is a fraudulent tale.

I am livid! I ordered a book by Dr crandall ( I paid for it) now got a charge of 54$ for something I never subscribed for..this charge is being disputed! Called to question and got put on Neverending hold!

More
    Helpful?30

Sorry if they are blurry, but they do go back to 1859, and were photocopied many decades ago.  Zoom them and you can read them, at least I can.

Yet you still cannot see Evans signature on the only clear one?

Posting up unreadble text demonstrates clearly you have nothing.

Sorry bud, but I have posted several peer reviewed prayer studies, some from JAMA.

Funny that JAMA clearly states .... 

JAMA journal criticised studies on prayer on methodological and statistical grounds.

Miracles claims they have not had a shred of evidence for

The cardiologists, whose name you didn't get right was the  Assistant Professor of Medicine at Mount Sinai Heart, New York.  All 3 doctor's for Barbara Cummisky Snyder practiced at the Mayo Clinic.  If they have faith it doesn't discount their credentials.  

But I was talking about the case  regards a Dr Evans a man you say doesnt exist yet cite " evidence " from him , WOW!

You 'conveniently forgot to mention the guy had already been pronounced dead when his wife prayed for him and that CPR had been stopped after 30 minutes.

You convieniently forgot to mention the Ace has changed stories several times.

Why would I exclude a miracle claim from another faith?  If an event is not a natural medical event - such as the blind miraculously getting their sight back, a paralyzed woman getting up out of her wheel chair after 22 years, or the dead coming back to life, then it is a miracle regardless of the religion of the one healed.

So miracle claims from 4,000 other religions are valid , interestng so you accept that thousands of different gods exist  and work miracles on those who pray , i knew you were a bit delusional but this is different level.

Looks like somebody was trying to deceive.  His story is located here:

Yes and you were caught

https://seangeorge.com.au/my-story/my-story/

He provides the medical evidence here:

Why are you posting up testimony from a who's changed his  story several times?

If the miracles I have mentioned are not miracles then you need to prove you can replicate them.

You didn't mention miracles you mentined claims of them from multi millionaire evangelist  and assorted scam artists.

If the miracles I have mentioned are not miracles then you need to prove you can replicate them.  Give someone back their eyesight with the same macular degeneration of the woman I mentioned.  Heal someone with MS who was terminal and give her back her eyesight at the same time too.  Bring the dead back to life.  Go ahead, you made a tremendous claim, but you can't back it up.  I have merely pointed you to the evidence.

I made no claims I said there is no evidence for miracles thats a fact and you know it , which is why you cannot post up even 1 peer reviwed by a credible scientist to back your claims up.

You said the world of science believed  prayer works yet you lied about what JAMA said , you said the world of science accepted god existed which is yet another blatant lie.

You claimed bringing the dead back to life was just a natural occurrence. 

No I didn't you l-ar as I don't believe the dead come back to life you fool

You need to back that up with some evidence.  I have provided several examples of medically documented miracles that have no natural explanation.

You have zero scientific evidence to back your insane rantings up with.

The burden is now yours.  You have run away from your responsibility.  

No it's not as all I asked you repeatedly for is  evidence for your nonsensical claims , you have produced nothing.

You have slandered individuals without evidence.  You have consistently made false statements about the patients and doctor's involved.  

I didn't,  I told you knoxx and her husband are wealthy evangelists and I proved it you attemted lying for them , I proved Crandell is a con man , I also proved Sean George is a notorious , I also proved you lied about what JAMA said , WOW , you call yourself a christian...LOL 

@Dee
    Yet another lie  , one of your pieces of supporting evidence is signed by Dr Evans its the only signature that can be read , so you now admit he doesn't exist or he's made a name up , WOW!

First, thank you for making me laugh so hard.  

You have completely gotten your information wrong.  The guy you referred to as a cardiologist is actually an Optometrist.  He is on OD, not a Bishop.  The guy you thought it was is this guy:

Bishop David G Evans

The guy who signed the document attesting to Marolyn Ford Snyder's eyesight is this guy

Dr. David G Evans

His bio says nothing about being a Bishop.  Here is what is says about him:

Dr. David Evans graduated from Southwest Baptist University in 1990, earning his B.S. in biology followed by his Doctorate of Optometry from Southern College of Optometry in 1994. Dr. Evans is currently an active member of the American Optometric Association, the Tennessee Optometric Association, and the West Tennessee Optometric Society. He has held office as the Vice-President of the West Tennessee Optometric Society in 1997, President of the West Tennessee Optometric Society in 1998, and Trustee of the Tennessee Optometric Association (1999-2002).

Dr. Evans has received many awards including the T.O.A Young Optometrist of the Year Award (1997), Bausch & Lomb Practice Initiation Award (1994), Designs for Low Vision Award (1994) and Outstanding Senior Clinician Award (1994). Dr. Evans has played a key role in a number of investigational research studies with Alcon, Ciba Vision, Pharmacia & Upjohn, Otsuka, Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Santen Incorporated, and Allergan.

@Dee,  I think you are need of the same kind of miracle that brought Marolyn Ford Snyder's eyesight back to her.  

Thank you for the hearty laugh.  LOL

Chauncy Crandall is a notorious scam artist and religious con artist. This id-ot when told his son had Leukemia went in search of faith healers to cure him and of course his son died , was god on a day off?
    Crandell the con man clamied his recovery from a heart attack wax a miracle , you really are a gullible person , lets look at the truths regards your Christian "hero"......
    https://thedamienzone.com/2013/08/24/dr-chauncey-crandall-rip-off-scam-four-things-heart-attack-rip-off-yes/

You are again slandering someone.  Dr Chauncy Crandall is a believer, and a very qualified doctor.  Anyone who thinks your website is from a sane rational person hasn't read it.  Seriously Dee, this is your 'proof'?

Dr. Chauncy Crandall has a 5 star rating on US News Health site: https://health.usnews.com/doctors/chauncey-crandall-21514

From his bio:

A distinguished member of various medical boards and fellowships, including the American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Cardiovascular Disease, and the American College of Cardiology, Dr. Crandall’s extensive contributions are published in reputable medical journals such as the Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Circulation, The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation, and the European Heart Journal. His involvement in numerous research studies and clinical trials attests to his commitment to advancing medical knowledge.

Maybe the doctor can pray and make your integrity come back to life, cause it is DOA right now.LOL

Funny that JAMA clearly states .... 
    JAMA journal criticised studies on prayer on methodological and statistical grounds.
    Miracles claims they have not had a shred of evidence for

I couldn't find your claim in the study:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/485161

I did see this:

and 

In conclusion, using the MAHI-CCU scoring system, we found that supplementary, remote, blinded, intercessory prayer produced a measurable improvement in the medical outcomes of critically ill patients. Our findings support Byrd's conclusions despite the fact that we could not document an effect of prayer using his scoring method. With 2 randomized, controlled trials now suggesting the possible benefits of intercessory prayer, further studies using validated and standardized outcome measures and variations in prayer strategy are warranted to explore the potential role of prayer as an adjunct to standard medical care.

You should be ashamed of yourself.  I am still laughing over how wrong you were with Dr Evans.  Wow, if you are that blind, you need a miracle too.

@just_sayin

JUST SAYIN. REFUSES TO TELL US THE METHODOLOGY THAT PROVES SOMETHING IS A MIRACLE

KNOXX NEVER MENTIONED A SPINAL INJURY AND NEVER MADE A TESTIMONY REGARDS HER INJURIES

A YOU TUBE VIDEO ACTUALLY ACCORDING TO JUST SAYING SHOWS GOD ACTUALLY HELPING HER TO WALK , OF COURSE GOD CANNOT BE SEEN AIDING HER 

JUST SAYIN DIDNT KNOW KNOXX AND HER HUSBAND OWN SEVERAL CHUCHES , PROPERTIES , TV STATIONS ETC , ETC 

JUST SAYIN ADMITS HE BELIEVES ALL MIRACLE CLAIMS MADE IN THE NAME OF 18,000 DIFFERENT GODS AND ALL ARE VALID 

JUST SAYIN SAID THE WORLD OF SCIENCE ADMITTED MIRACLES ARE GENUINE PHENOMENA AND THAT GOD EXISTS YET HE'S LOST THE LINK WHERE THE WORLD OF SCIENCE ADMITS THIS 

. Chauncy Crandall has a 5 star rating on US News Health

ROFLMAO....... let's look at one of countless claims about Crandall the con man

@Dee
    Thank you for making me laugh so hard today.  I have laughed more than Johnny Knoxville did that time he launched Steve-O 30 feet in the air in a porta potty.  And I do believe that you have been covered in more of your crapulence today, than Steve-O ever was.  LOL

You confused this guy

Bishop David G Evans

for this guy

Dr. David G Evans

I think you need the eye doctor's help.  Even the blind lady could have told them apart.  LOL 

JUST SAYIN. REFUSES TO TELL US THE METHODOLOGY THAT PROVES SOMETHING IS A MIRACLE

Not true.  I told MayCaesar earlier on this page:

"The general definition of a miracle is an event not explainable solely by natural processes but which require the direct causal agency of a supernatural being, usually God."

KNOXX NEVER MENTIONED A SPINAL INJURY AND NEVER MADE A TESTIMONY REGARDS HER INJURIES

Knox has been interviewed by James Robinson and CBN.  In both interviews it points out that she was paralyzed as a result of nerve damage, that the doctor's told her she would probably never walk again, and that she was paralyzed for 22 1/2 years before she walked at the prayer service.

Considering that she was paralyzed, the fact she walked is pretty amazing.

The Pastor Knox is the senior pastor at Living Word Christian Center in Mobile Alabama, not several churches; though I don't see why that disproves the fact Delia Knox was paralyzed and now can walk.

No, what I said is that a miracle is an event not explained solely by natural processes and requires a supernatural being.  If miracles occurred to people of other faiths, that does not disprove miracles at all.  Your logic is flawed.

JUST SAYIN SAID THE WORLD OF SCIENCE ADMITTED MIRACLES ARE GENUINE PHENOMENA AND THAT GOD EXISTS YET HE'S LOST THE LINK WHERE THE WORLD OF SCIENCE ADMITS THIS 

What I actually did was provided medically documented case studies of miracles.  I have provided a number of links to prayer studies in peer reviewed journals where the studies showed that prayer had health benefits.

ROFLMAO....... let's look at one of countless claims about Crandall the con man

is this from the same guy you cited before????  , I am laughing so hard.  Who expects a heart surgeon to give away 'free samples"??  LOL  It looked like before the guy was all mad because Amazon messed up his shipping order.  You are so covered in your crapulence today.

Again, from https://health.usnews.com/doctors/chauncey-crandall-21514

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

@just_sayin ;Considering that she was paralyzed, the fact she walked is pretty amazing.

No its not amazing at all and you know very well that you dont have any evidence that it was a miracle. You are a persistent .

@just_sayin ;Are you arguing that because her eyesight continued to improve over time that it was not a miracle? 

No I am not. I clearly explained why it was not a miracle now stop your play acting and deceiving.

@just_sayin

May I ask you on what basis you make the logical jump from "does not have a good natural explanation at the moment" to "caused by direct intervention of an intelligent entity"? There certainly are phenomena that modern science has not explained yet satisfactorily, but they may have an infinity of other explanations, including natural explanations that so far have eluded scientists - what makes you lean towards the "divine intervention" explanation?

It seems strange to make this connection. There was no good natural explanation for electricity until the late 18th century - does this mean that up until the 18th century lightning was caused by some intelligent entity, but, once the explanation was provided, the intelligent entity withdrew and let the nature do its job?
    Factfinder
    @just_sayin

@just_sayin

But you lied by stating there was no such person as Evans then you got totally confused when I pointed out he signed off on your mostly unreadble pieces of "evidence" , now you're not sure if he's a heart or eye surgeon and don't even know what skin colour he is ......LOL

Not true.  I told MayCaesar earlier on this page:

"The general definition of a miracle is an event not explainable solely by natural processes but which require the direct causal agency of a supernatural being, usually God."

Yes I know the definition of a miracle the question you refuse to answer remains .......

So do tell or refuse to answer as usual?

Knox has been interviewed by James Robinson and CBN.  In both interviews it points out that she was paralyzed as a result of nerve damage, that the doctor's told her she would probably never walk again, and that she was paralyzed for 22 1/2 years before she walked at the prayer service.

Post up where Knoxx  in her own words she suffered a spinal injury? You cant because she never said it.

Considering that she was paralyzed, the fact she walked is pretty amazing.

Prove she was paralyed post up her testimony from her and her medical team? You can't the l-ar Knoxx cannot either 

The Pastor Knox is the senior pastor at Living Word Christian Center in Mobile Alabama, not several churches; though I don't see why that disproves the fact Delia Knox was paralyzed and now can walk.

I posted up evidence  in his own name but if you insist he's a l-ir I agree

No, what I said is that a miracle is an event not explained solely by natural processes and requires a supernatural being.  If miracles occurred to people of other faiths, that does not disprove miracles at all.  Your logic is flawed.

You clearly said...Why would I exclude a miracle claim from another faith......also I never made that claim I clearly asked if you accepted all miracle claims  you admit you do yet attempted another lie.

What I actually did was provided medically documented case studies of miracles.  I have provided a number of links to prayer studies in peer reviewed journals where the studies showed that prayer had health benefits.

The world of science  has not accepted miracle claims or god claims the only people that do are bible thumping " christian scientists" 

is this from the same guy you cited before????  , I am laughing so hard.  Who expects a heart surgeon to give away 'free samples"??  LOL  It looked like before the guy was all mad because Amazon messed up his shipping order.  You are so covered in your crapulence today.

Again, from https://health.usnews.com/doctors/chauncey-crandall-21514

It's actually from a complaints site that has 100's of complaints about the con artist Crandall , the guy I cited exposes Christian crooks like Knoxx and Crandall that mugs like you give your hard earned to.

Crandall instead of treating his son for Leukemia prayed to god and faith healers to cure him his son died and this scum bag profits from his death.

Obviously god ignored his muttered prayers but didn't stop Crandall the crook profitting from his death.

Crandall the crook in his own words.......

With Chad’s lifeless body in his arms, Dr. Crandall told God, “Either I will run to You and give You everything in my life or I’m going to abandon You.”  Dr. Crandall decided to run to God.  They prayed for Chad to be raised from the dead, but he showed no signs of life. 

Dr. Crandall, who gave his life to the Lord at the age of 19, believes Chad was healed when he went to heaven.  “God comforted us in our grief in remarkable ways,” says Dr. Crandall.  Through Chad’s death, Dr. Crandall says he has the opportunity to tell others about Jesus.  “I realized I was here for one reason: to serve out almighty God and Lord Jesus Christ.”

GOD ADVISED CRANDALL TO BUILD A CHURCH IN MEMORY OF HIS SON AND GATHER DONATIONS FROM GODLY AMERICAN CHRISTIANS,  CRANDALL OBEDIENTLY OBEYED THE LORD AND GATHERED THE DONATONS.

BUT THIS WORTHY SERVANT OF GOD REALISED THAT WHEN GOD TOLD HIM TO BUILD A CHURCH IN MEMORY OF HIS SON HE ACTAULLY MEANT " KEEP THE MONEY TO FUEL YOUR LUXURIOUS LIFESTYLE AS I DONT NEED MORE CHURCHES IN MY NAME" , CRANDALL BEING A GOOD CHRITIAN STILL ACCEPTS DONATIONS FROM CHRISTIAN DONKEY'S  LIKE JUST SAYIN 

MayCaesar said:
    @just_sayin

May I ask you on what basis you make the logical jump from "does not have a good natural explanation at the moment" to "caused by direct intervention of an intelligent entity"? There certainly are phenomena that modern science has not explained yet satisfactorily, but they may have an infinity of other explanations, including natural explanations that so far have eluded scientists - what makes you lean towards the "divine intervention" explanation?

It seems strange to make this connection. There was no good natural explanation for electricity until the late 18th century - does this mean that up until the 18th century lightning was caused by some intelligent entity, but, once the explanation was provided, the intelligent entity withdrew and let the nature do its job?
    Let's look at Barbara Cummisky Snyder's miracle.  She was considered terminal and given just a few days to live.  She was sent home and instantly was able to stand up and walk after being unable to walk for 7 years.  Her internal organs including her intestines, and her diaphragm/lungs were instantly healed.  When she stood up, she got her eyesight back at that moment.  At least 3 of her doctor's have said there is no medical explanation for her recovery and have stated in very specific detail about her condition before and after her miracle.  Since there isn't a medical explanation for her healing, what should one assume?  It seems to me that you are making a 'science of the gaps' appeal here.  Science says there is no known medical way she could be terminally ill and suddenly be healed of MS and blindness, walk down her stairs and out into the street on her own, after not having walked for 7 years, experience no atrophy in her legs or arms.  Yet, you seem to be saying 'just cause there is no scientifically known solution, doesn't mean that the all powerful science can't find one'.  But that's the point, science can't explain her sudden healing.  The evidence says it was a miracle.  That isn't a leap of faith, that's just being honest about the evidence.  All scientific means have shown that what happened to her are medically impossible.  

Since you seem to be appealing to magic now, since it obviously isn't provable science, then with such an extraordinary claim, you need to provide medical evidence that someone with her type of MS who has been deemed terminally ill can be instantly healed of MS and blindness.  Otherwise, it is indeed a miracle.

MayCaesar said:
    @just_sayin

Let's look at Barbara Cummisky Snyder's miracle.  She was considered terminal and given just a few days to live.  She was sent home and instantly was able to stand up and walk after being unable to walk for 7 years.  Her internal organs including her intestines, and her diaphragm/lungs were instantly healed.  When she stood up, she got her eyesight back at that moment.  At least 3 of her doctor's have said there is no medical explanation for her recovery and have stated in very specific detail about her condition before and after her miracle.  Since there isn't a medical explanation for her healing, what should one assume?  It seems to me that you are making a 'science of the gaps' appeal here.  Science says there is no known medical way she could be terminally ill and suddenly be healed of MS and blindness, walk down her stairs and out into the street on her own, after not having walked for 7 years, experience no atrophy in her legs or arms.  Yet, you seem to be saying 'just cause there is no scientifically known solution, doesn't mean that the all powerful science can't find one'.  But that's the point, science can't explain her sudden healing.  The evidence says it was a miracle.  That isn't a leap of faith, that's just being honest about the evidence.  All scientific means have shown that what happened to her are medically impossible.  

Since you seem to be appealing to magic now, since it obviously isn't provable science, then with such an extraordinary claim, you need to provide medical evidence that someone with her type of MS who has been deemed terminally ill can be instantly healed of MS and blindness.  Otherwise, it is indeed a miracle.
    You have not addressed my question at all. Assuming all of this indeed happened, assuming she had this incredible unprecedented sudden healing that defies explanation by modern science - what makes you jump to the conclusion that divine intervention occurred? Where is evidence of that?

Here is an alternative explanation: Barbara is a witch who had not discovered her powers prior to these events - but upon being sent home, being under shock of the knowledge that she only had a few days to live, instinctually channeled her witchy energy and healed herself. Please explain your thought process that leads you to favor the "divine intervention" explanation over this one.
    MayCaesar said:
    You have not addressed my question at all. Assuming all of this indeed happened, assuming she had this incredible unprecedented sudden healing that defies explanation by modern science - what makes you jump to the conclusion that divine intervention occurred? Where is evidence of that?

Here is an alternative explanation: Barbara is a witch who had not discovered her powers prior to these events - but upon being sent home, being under shock of the knowledge that she only had a few days to live, instinctually channeled her witchy energy and healed herself. Please explain your thought process that leads you to favor the "divine intervention" explanation over this one.
    This is taken from her Doctor, Thomas Marshall M.D.:

At this point, I sat down with Barb and her family and explained that it was just a matter of time before she would die, since the next major infection would likely take her. We all agreed not to do any heroics, including no CPR and no further hospitalization. This would only prolong the inevitable. Our meeting ended in a tearful prayer. 

June 7, 1981, a Sunday, was her sister Jan’s birthday. Barb was looking forward to the celebration at their home. She tried to help with the birthday preparations but being out of bed was too exhausting for her, even with her power wheelchair equipped with oxygen to her tracheostomy tube. Her first visitor was her Aunt Ruthie, who read cards and letters written to Barb after her tragic story aired on a local radio station, WMBI. Their program asked for prayers and letters for people who were terminally ill. There were so many letters that Aunt Ruthie had trouble carrying the large mail bag. Almost every letter included a prayer for Barb to be healed. The response was overwhelming. 

In the early afternoon, two girlfriends came to visit after church. Barb became weary with all the attention and was quiet while the girls made small talk. When there was a lull in the conversation, a man’s voice spoke from behind Barb—but there was no man in the room! The words were clear and articulate and spoken with great authority, but also with great compassion. The voice said, “My child, get up and walk!” Barb turned around. No one was standing there, but she knew immediately who was speaking. “I don’t know what you are going to think about this,” she announced, “but God just told me to get up and walk.” Her friends suddenly became very quiet. “I know he really did,” Barb insisted. “Run and get my family. I want them here with us!” Her friends, recognizing the urgency in Barb’s voice, bounded to the doorway to yell for her family, “Come quick; come quick!” 

Barb felt compelled to do immediately what she was divinely instructed, so she literally jumped out of bed and removed her oxygen. She was standing on legs that had not supported her for years. Her vision was back, and she was no longer short of breath, even without her oxygen. Her contractions were gone, and she could move her feet and hands freely. As she walked out of the room, she was first met by her mother who immediately dropped to her knees and felt Barb’s calves. “You have muscles again!” she yelled. Her father came running in next, hugged Barb, and whisked her off for a waltz around the family room. 

Are you still wondering why Barbara thought it was a miracle?

@just_sayin

I am very confused... Her doctor is telling the story that he did not witness himself, just based on her words - and that is what convinces you that divine intervention took place here, rather than, say, an act of witchhood? Would a witch not conjure a fancy story like this in order to gain acknowledgment of the local church and hide her witchy nature?

If you really just go by her words, then I would like to hear what methodology you use to decide when to treat someone's storytelling as factual and when to not. If I tell you, for instance, of my (real) dream where I found myself in the realm of the Spider Queen Lolth who told me that I must live a fun and exciting life that she can enjoy watching, lest I end up in her horrifying realm under my death - will you conclude that I am the chosen of the evil goddess? Why or why not?

Please answer my actual questions. So far you have not answered a single one, which is quite disappointing. You can post these stories all you want, but if you do not engage in the actual conversation, then you are just wasting your time. I can google these stories myself; right now I am talking to you, and I want to hear your thoughts, not Thomas' or Barbara's thoughts.
    @just_sayin @MayCaeser ;This is taken from her Doctor, Thomas Marshall M.D.:

And what are you trying to point out there.

Are you trying to say that because the doctor said a 3rd party story that some how it must be true.

Are you sure that what the doctor said is not fake and that he blocks information about him from the internet and he will only accept access from only certain VPNs.

Did you properly do your research. No you didn't. Is what the doctor allegedly said a total scam Yes it is.

Should you be aware of that by now. Yes you should because of all the other scam links you have posted.

Are you a and deceiver. Yes you are and the proof has been put to you enough times.

Should you quit this site because of all the miss leading and made up crap you keep littering it with. Yes you should 

Will you get kicked off just like other trollers who done the same thing. Probably you will.

Are you going to respond to being found out and all your spam pointed out to you and just ignore it. You probably will because you dont have an honest bone in your body.

Do you.

MayCaesar said:
    @just_sayin

I am very confused... Her doctor is telling the story that he did not witness himself, just based on her words - and that is what convinces you that divine intervention took place here, rather than, say, an act of witchhood? Would a witch not conjure a fancy story like this in order to gain acknowledgment of the local church and hide her witchy nature?

If you really just go by her words, then I would like to hear what methodology you use to decide when to treat someone's storytelling as factual and when to not. If I tell you, for instance, of my (real) dream where I found myself in the realm of the Spider Queen Lolth who told me that I must live a fun and exciting life that she can enjoy watching, lest I end up in her horrifying realm under my death - will you conclude that I am the chosen of the evil goddess? Why or why not?

Please answer my actual questions. So far you have not answered a single one, which is quite disappointing. You can post these stories all you want, but if you do not engage in the actual conversation, then you are just wasting your time. I can google these stories myself; right now I am talking to you, and I want to hear your thoughts, not Thomas' or Barbara's thoughts.
    May, are you moving the goalposts yet again.  It certainly reads like it.  

No less than 3 of Barbara Cummiskey Snyder's doctors have written either books or case studies on her story.  If you would like to hear her story in her own words here you go (start at 43:45)

So according to you:

1) Barbara made up her extensive medically documented case of MS and blindness
    2) Barbara faked not being able to walk for 7 years and being blind
    3) She had an air tube and feeding tube inserted into her body for many years so she could fake a miracle
    4) She paid off her doctor's to say she was on her death bed
    5) 3 Doctor's with Mayo Clinic credentials lied about her recovery in the books and case studies they wrote
    6) Her family lied about her blindness and MS
    7) The in-home nurse lied about Barbara's condition

That's a lot of conspiracy theory there.  Her story is backed up by the medical evidence and at least 3 doctor's testimony.  Kinda hard to say that the lady who was on her death bed, and can now walk and isn't blind anymore is the one lying. Since all the medical evidence backs up her story, it seems her account is more likely to be right, than yours.

Now answer my question for a change.  You keep dodging it.  Where is your evidence that someone magically recovers from their deathbed with MS which paralyzes the lungs, and internal organs, regains their lost eyesight, and is able to walk, with no atrophy, after not being able to walk for 7 years?  Her doctors all said it was a miracle.  If you have evidence that it wasn't, then share it.

Here's her story in the Chicago Tribune, Sept 26, 1983

@just_sayin ;May, are you moving the goalposts yet again.  It certainly reads like it.  https://1c15.co.uk/barbara-snyder-barbara-cummiskey-snyder-healed-from-multiple-sclerosis/

No body is moving any goal posts. You are posting scam links constantly.

Question. Is the link you just posted honest and correct yes or no.

Question are you going to respond to this and other times that you have been exposed for posting utter made up stuff.

May Caeser is being poilte but I am not polite to dishonest ignorant arrogant people.