frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Would You Vote For A Convicted Felon?

2»

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6210 Pts   -   edited June 15

Could be the natural "comfort zone" effect: Trump is a known, predictable variable (I know, I know, "Trump" and "predictable" hardly fit in the same sentence - but you catch my drift), someone who people know tens of millions of people will eagerly vote for. Vivek, on the other hand, as exciting as he is as a candidate, has some things playing against him: he is a Hindu, a newcomer, a very young guy... I can see how someone living in rural Wyoming can look at him and think, "Hmm, I am not sure what to make of this guy".

Similarly, Democrats have chosen Biden again, even though very few of them like the guy. They know what to expect from Biden, as opposed to someone like Tulsi Gabbard who says some explosive things about the Fed, the Middle East... I am fairly sure that most Democrats would answer "Yes" to the question, "Do you think Tulsi Gabbard would make for a better president than Biden?", but when it comes to actually going out there and making a hard decision, they revert to the comfortable versus the healthy.

Things are changing though. The new media are giving voice to people who previously had no chance of getting noticed. Give it a few years, and the real political battle will be happening on podcasts and Clubhouse, not on CNN and Fox. And then hopefully these dinosaurs will be back at their villas playing with their grandchildren and going on hikes, and someone capable runs the country again.

China and Russia are giving me reasons for optimism: even there people are starting to raise their voices. Despite endless propaganda, among younger people Putin and Jinping are quite unpopular. Putin does not know how to use a keyboard, and Jinping is nostalgic over Mao's era... That does not appeal to the people who learn using iPhones before they can speak.
    Factfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 1045 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

Another observation could be that as we develop technology and advanced ways of production, including food and shelter we are loosing the art of survival. Life's too easy and distractions are plentiful without the dire consequences ones choices used to entail. Then the next logical step would be as you were talking about, status quo, keep it comfortable, and don't confront anything new.  
    MayCaesar
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 872 Pts   -  
    RexTheDog said:
    @JulesKorngold at the end of the day he's the only revenge option, people need either revenge or progress after covid anything less is unacceptable to most, so who else is offering either revenge or progress? nobody, the smartest people in America and enjoying themselves on podcasts to sickened by it all to take part in over throwing a corruption. the overthrow of a corruption is a perfectly legal and reasonable idea, Corruption is bad it must be stopped, unfortunately while trying to stop it we have been left with a vote for the corrupt or the less corrupt Trump wild card, we are in it now and the only way out is to seize that revenge or continue to take the gut punches, those dealing the blows are weakling leaders and elites resorting to depopulation, culling and enhanced control methods for their human farm. we need a way out, trump is the beat up car we are going have to use to get there but its us vs them now and its truing in to a knife fight, makes you yearn for the home alone era of culture again   
    "Revenge" is not a good reason to vote in my mind. Though at this stage you're right. In order to stop the hemorrhaging the far left has caused under Biden we need to use Trump as a plug.
    To be exact,  Trump is more a douche than a plug.
    Factfinder
    @JulesKorngold

That was good! :+1:
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6210 Pts   -  

This is a very good point. Evolutionarily humans are conditioned to constantly push themselves beyond their limits. We do not need to do that any more to survive or even live comfortably, yet the drive is still there. Now, this drive can be channeled in many different ways - and, unfortunately, one of those ways happens to be external manipulation. This is why politicians constantly talk about dramatic things like "clash of civilizations", "existential threat", "the most important election in our history"... People want to feel that something important is happening and they can play a role in it, and where there is demand, there will be a market.

One of the reasons to be an individualist is the need to quiet this external pressure. One can challenge himself in many non-destructive ways. For me it is endurance sports and intellectual work, for someone else it could be mastering some art or a spiritual pursuit. I firmly believe that if people focused more on bettering themselves and less on solving global problems (the latter can still be done, just as a secondary objective), the world would be a much-much better place.
    Factfinder
    @MayCaesar

With all the worlds problems all anyone had to do is consult us. :D
    MayCaesar
  • BoganBogan 455 Pts   -  
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder ; Trump is the greatest President America has ever had...He is the only one who can pull America out of this Marxist-Atheist decline we're presently in.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 872 Pts   -  
    @Factfinder ; Trump is the greatest President America has ever had...He is the only one who can pull America out of this Marxist-Atheist decline we're presently in.
    Keep running,  Forrest!!
    @RickeyHoltsclaw

You do realize you have no credibility as you believe in fairytales. Right?
    @Factfinder ; You realize you are dead spiritually and a servant of Satan...I'll trust in Jesus...but thanks.
    @Factfinder ; You realize you are dead spiritually and a servant of Satan...I'll trust in Jesus...but thanks.
    God is still aware of your doubt, your hell bound and have no intelligence. Say thanks god.
    @Factfinder ; Elohim knows the heart...we're good. You, on the other hand...

@Factfinder ; Elohim knows the heart...we're good. You, on the other hand...

You concede you have no intelligence? 
  • RickeyHoltsclawRickeyHoltsclaw 196 Pts   -   edited June 16
    @Factfinder ; My intelligence is from my Lord...He is my Teacher. I love Him and trust in Him, alone.

@Factfinder ; My intelligence is from my Lord...He is my Teacher. I love Him and trust in Him, alone.

What intelligence? Not using discernment when called to a crime scene? You admitted that. How can anyone take you serious? 
    @Factfinder ; You can't take me seriously...you're dead spiritually...you can't see, hear, think, reason, believe, because your life has been surrendered to Satan via your own self-righteousness and insolence...you have chosen death and you're reaping same everyday.

@Factfinder ; You can't take me seriously...you're dead spiritually...you can't see, hear, think, reason, believe, because your life has been surrendered to Satan via your own self-righteousness and insolence...you have chosen death and you're reaping same everyday.

Correct you're a joke.
    @Factfinder ; I don't receive notifications of your quotes...please use @RickeyHoltsclaw ;  I'm only a joke to those who are dying in Hell.

@Factfinder ; I don't receive notifications of your quotes...please use @RickeyHoltsclaw ;  I'm only a joke to those who are dying in Hell.

Nah, you're pretty much a joke period. Come on, you brag about faith over intelligence and reality, it should be a compliment if you really believed. If not you're going to hell with the other perverts with badges.
    @Factfinder ; I DO NOT RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS OF YOUR QUOTES...PLEASE TRY HARDER AND USE @RICKEYHOLTSCLAW.  You are the devil's fools as an atheist...you ARE presently en route to Hell in unbelief.
    @Factfinder ; I DO NOT RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS OF YOUR QUOTES...PLEASE TRY HARDER AND USE @RICKEYHOLTSCLAW.  You are the devil's fools as an atheist...you ARE presently en route to Hell in unbelief. 
    Nah, you're a joke.

Thomas Paine quote The age of ignorance commenced with the Christian  system
    @Factfinder ; I still don't receive notifications via a quote...try harder. You will see Paine in Hades prior to adjudication in Hell.

@Factfinder ; I still don't receive notifications via a quote...try harder. You will see Paine in Hades prior to adjudication in Hell.

And Santa know how naughty you have been.

Grant fought for slavery just like your elf god. Do you ever get tired of being stoopid? Bet your wife wishes you would. 
  • RexTheDog01RexTheDog01 22 Pts   -  

@Factfinder i think we are in agreement then, Revenge is not the best option unfortunately it is the only option at this time, if it where me forcing candidates to run I would force a Joe Rogan or a Jimmy Dore in to the top spot with the understanding that they may not want the role but duty to the country requires them to take it, somebody needs to step up and save America somebody with founding fathers energy somebody who will work to the benefit of all Americans instead of an increasingly selective few. They will need a new party too as the Rep and Dem parties are dinosaurs long over-due an asteroid strike! Who would you force to do it?