frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Religion Ever Child Abuse?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @TKDB

The bible is a book with words... lol    Do you know of any book without words? 

And you haven't answer Dee's question, unsurprisingly... Is a Christian, killing homosexuals, exonerated or justified by the bible mandate to kill homosexuals or not? 

If not, then why? 
    Dee
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • @TKDB ;

What I'm saying is that your opinion, counts to you.

It is not an oppinion the issue is that the numbverical facts are not given on the number of people who simply die while waiting or are being treated for illness, the number of deaths by mistakes is a high number and errors are not all deaths that take place while treatment is taking place.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @Plaffelvohfen

What has the Bible, ever personally done to you?

When might you call the Police on the Bible, and have it arrested, for causing you some sort of distress? 

"The bible is a book with words... lol    Do you know of any book without words?" 

Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Have a good day John. 
    ZeusAres42
    @Dee

"My reply .....But it can and it has , also well done for recognizing  that the  words of the book you hold sacred are inhumane and following the word of god is inhumane"

Prove it?

Share the links, that you have where the BIBLE was responsible for some humans acting inhumanely?

And the BIBLE itself was condemned in a Court of Law, because of the inhumane acts towards innocent people? 

Please, educate the public? 

Maybe some court documentation, Police reports, or some news media outlet reports from CNN, MSNBC, FOX news, ABC, CBS, NPR, or OAN?

@Dee

So you're a Christian, according to Plaffelvohfen?

"And you haven't answer Dee's question, unsurprisingly... Is a Christian, killing homosexuals, exonerated or justified by the bible mandate to kill homosexuals or not?  

If not, then why?"
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

How does that address my question in any way?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You say .....So you're a Christian, according to Plaffelvohfen?

My reply .....P never said I was a Christian , your idiocy leaves you doing your usual childish dance where you refuse to answer questions yet shoot of dozens of unrelated questions  at everyone all because you cannot defend your offensively statements 
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
  • Dee said:
    @TKDB

You say .....

Then you have individuals, blaming this or that Religion

My reply .....If a Christian said he killed a homosexual because the Bible said so who would you blame , the Christian , the Bible or god? 

If a man has sex with another man, kill them both. 20:13

TKDB said:
    @Dee

So you're a Christian, according to Plaffelvohfen?

"And you haven't answer Dee's question, unsurprisingly... Is a Christian, killing homosexuals, exonerated or justified by the bible mandate to kill homosexuals or not?  

If not, then why?"
    No, that is not what Plaffevohfen said. In that quote which you have also quoted what he is saying is that it's no surprise that you have not answered Dee's question. The reason being is that you do seem to have a habit of avoiding questions.

DeePlaffelvohfen

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
     @Dee

I've been dealing with the anti religious and their rhetoric for a while now.

It's all the same anti religious rhetoric, but with different anonymous names, on the internet saying , the same reiterated anti religious words. 

AND, still no anti religious rhetoric protester, has even been interviewed in the public, by a reporter, and their TV news crew, for protesting a religious building in person, have they?

Maybe, "the internet, is that face covering" that the anti religious use, to express their anti religious rhetoric from behind? 
    Plaffelvohfen
    @ZeusAres42

@Dee

@Plaffelvohfen
    (Correction, you've not been "dealing" with the anti-religious crowd, you've avoided dealing with them... 
    When you deal with something you address it, but you never do.)

When might the three of you go about PROTESTING religion, in person, and in public? 

Read below, the three of you.

To me, when individuals create excuses for why they abused, indoctrinated, and or brain washed themselves, and others to do their individual bidding for them?
    They are bringing their own problems, unto themselves, and others.

Their overall issue, is an attitude issue, passed from criminal, to criminal, from offender, to offender, or from terrorist, to terrorist, whether locally, or globally.

Then you have individuals, blaming this or that Religion, or blaming a law, for why a criminal, or offender, committed their crimes, or their domestic terrorist act, or their global terrorist acts overall, they don't deserve, to get to hide behind their excuses.

"So now you have gone from arguing that it's the people; not the beliefs that cause harmful actions to now arguing that those religious individuals are using their religion as an excuse for their actions? 

Why can't you just see that some strong harmful beliefs lead to some harmful actions?"

Here in the United States, there is this piece of writing in the US Constitution, called the  Second Amendment, and this Amendment has, maybe in a sense created a loophole, in which a lawful gun owner, and unlawful gun owner committed 2 mass shootings, in the last 48 hours?
    Because there are 400 million guns in the US, and some of these guns have serial numbers, on them, and some of them do not? 

See the loophole?

I do, the loophole, is that these two mass shooters who had guns, and killed innocent people with them, and other mass shooters as well, dating all the way back the University of Texas tower shooting, Aug 1st of 1966? 

Because the Second Amendment give the citizens the right to bear arms, and the first time offenders, and lifer criminals, and offenders, apparently have an attitudinal beef with what, that law that says, IE criminals, and offenders, aren't allowed to have guns? 

So some of the criminals, and offenders, self justified the purchases of their ILLEGAL guns, to go to wherever, and hurt, maim, cripple, and do worse to the innocent people around the criminal or offender with their street purchased guns?

In a country of 329 million citizens, and of those 329 million people, 900,000 of them are Law enforcement, and both of these groups of citizens, get to deal with mass shootings, along with race on race, and non race on race gun violence brutality, and so on? 

a two year old child was among the wounded, who didn't pass away after being shot, by an individual with a gun. 

But a mom, and a dad, were school shopping for the 5 year old child.
    So when the shooting continued on, the mom, shielded their baby, and gave her life for the baby, and the dad got shot in the process of the shooting as well.
    So now a 5 year old, and a baby, are parent-less?

Who should those families, and family members blame for those two for those two shooters mass shooting gun violence?

Blame their crimes on the laws, making it illegal for some individuals to have a gun?

Blame it on White Supremacy, Hate, Racism, or reverse racism? 

Those terrorists groups, that apparently hide behind Religion as a self JUSTIFICATION tool, to carry out the attacks that have been going on for how long now?

Who wrote these RULES, about being able to blame, this or that mass murder, or this or that terrorist attack, on the thousands of innocent people who have been killed by these various individuals, and than their fallback excuse/plan is to vocalize for their reasons for why they did on, "White Supremacy, the Second Amendment, Hate, Religion, some of the US laws, as they are written? 

Who, is really trying to condition who, on how to think, and view these terrorist attacks, or gun violence crimes? 

Did the criminals, offenders, or the terrorist write these RULES?

Or have some, maybe been instructing others on how to think about things, behind closed doors? 

It's not fair, equal, or reasonable, to give these individuals their excuses to hide behind, via their own lip service, is it?

I don't believe in letting these individuals having their excuses, (Reason being, that their excuses, can't bring their victims back, can they?

I believe that these individuals should hold themselves accountable for their own actions, because the lives that they took, can't say anything back to their victimizer's faces can they?

So, they don't deserve to get to hide behind their excuses, being that it wouldn't be fair, equal, or reasonable now would it? 

Unless, some are mindfully content, to reduce themselves, down to the victimizer's level? 

To me, when individuals create excuses for why they abused, indoctrinated, and brain washed themselves, and others to do their individual bidding for them?

Their overall issue, is an attitude issue, passed from criminal, to criminal, from offender, to offender, or from terrorist, to terrorist, whether locally, or globally.

Then you have individuals, blaming this or that Religion, or blaming a law, for why a criminal, or offender, committed their crimes, or their domestic terrorist act, or their global terrorist acts overall, they don't deserve, to get to hide behind their excuses.

@ZuesAres42

@Dee

@Plaffelvohfen

Are the three of you, maybe making excuses, for some of the above individuals? 
    Plaffelvohfen
    @TKDB

Correction, you've not been "dealing" with the anti-religious crowd, you've avoided dealing with them...

When you deal with something you address it, but you never do...
    ZeusAres42
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Oh, I am not disagreeing that it is bad parenting. I am disagreeing that this is abuse, however. Parents often go the wrong way about things, not realising how sensitive children are at a young age and what consequences it can have on them.

My parents generally parented me well, but they did make a few mess-ups. There was a period in my home country, where I was around 4 years old, when child kidnappings happened all over the place. To protect me, my mother constantly told me to never talk to strangers, never accept gifts from strangers, be wary of kids older than me, etc. She wanted the best for me, and perhaps these precautions did prevent me from being kidnapped - but as a result, I developed a lot of anxieties related to interaction with strangers, and the traces of those are present in me to this day, 25 years later. For the majority of my life I had a lot of difficulty interacting with strangers, getting new friends, etc., because the misguided parenting build the connection "stranger = danger" in my brain.

A deeply religious person, warning their children about hell, want to avoid them ending up in hell; they want the best for them. And they genuinely believe that hell exists. What if hell really existed in the alternative Universe? Would you still call it abuse? Well, my point is, whether it actually exists or not, it does not change how this style of parenting should be classified.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

Read the comment above your last post. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You type another piece of unrelated nonsense because you refuse to answer what I asked as in

.....My reply .....If a Christian said he killed a homosexual because the Bible said so who would you blame , the Christian , the Bible or god? 

If a man has sex with another man, kill them both. 20:13"

You say ......A page with written word's on it, can't make any inhumane human, act inhumane towards another.

My reply .....But it can and it has , also well done for recognizing  that the  words of the book you hold sacred are inhumane and following the word of god is inhumane 

So can you give it a go without deflecting yet again  
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42

• This isn't a debate about guns TKDB. And even if was your inconsistent with your views since you stated in a Gun debate that you are for the banning of all guns and claimed that guns are the problem when other people were trying to tell you that people were responsible for using guns to kill people. And yet here you were originally trying to argue that we should not take issue with a person's beliefs that lead them to commit harmful actions but rather take issue with the person, which doesn't even make any sense considering a person's belief system is part of the person; I mean that is like trying to say the brain is separate from the body. Perhaps philosophical consistency is something you need to work on?

Of course, it's the person who committed the harmful actions should be held accountable for their actions but that still doesn't change the fact that they had toxic beliefs that lead to those destructive actions. Also, if no one was tackling these beliefs we wouldn't have people today that are former radicals who have luckily managed to change their lives around the benefit of themselves and others; isn't that good news? More lives spared?

Moreover, you now say that radicals use religion to justify their actions which are not only factually incorrect but also logically invalid. Why else would multiple suicide terrorists commit destructive actions if they didn't strongly believe in that destructive form of martyrdom? 

Furthermore, because you have also confirmed in a round about way that those actions that those people committed are unjust it can only follow then that you also find those religious people or religious scriptures that preach you should commit those harmful actions are also unjust. You cannot say that people committing harmful actions is unjust but turn around and say that those religious scriptures that say you should commit these actions are justified as that is a logical inconsistency. As for the latter part of this paragraph, I am not saying this is what you're saying but it is indeed how you appear to be coming across.
    Plaffelvohfen

@ZeusAres42

Big questions for you:

Did the Qur'an, cause the 9/11 attacks, or were those 9/11 attacks caused by the Hijackers? 

Who do you blame, the Terrorists, or the Qur'an?

When parents abuse their kids, and people blame their Religion for their crimes, who do youu blame, the Bible explicitly, or those abusive Parents? 

Did books on Hate, books on Racism, or books on White Supremacy, cause those Mass Murderers to kill their victims?

Or did the Mass Murderers, cause those deaths, by their own choices, with their guns?

Who do you blame? 

@ZeusAres42

I blame the abusive parents, the Terrorists, and those Mass Murderers, for their inhumane crimes, or actions. 
  • TKDB

It's now your turn to answer some questions. Start with Dee and Plaff and then answer mine. 

I've sufficiently answered you many times here; I am not repeating myself. Now it's you're time to actually give answers instead of avoiding questions and then having the audacity to ask them yourself.
    Dee

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I'm not playing games, with you or anyone else.

@Dee

@Plaffelvohfen

@ZeusAres42

Big questions for you all.

The below questions, are rooted in life, and how individuals have treated life with death.

If you can't answer the questions, then thank you, the three of you for your educational efforts.

Did the Qur'an, cause the 9/11 attacks, or were those 9/11 attacks caused by the Hijackers? 

When parents abuse their kids, and people blame their Religion for their crimes, who do youu blame, the Bible explicitly, or those abusive Parents? 

Did books on Hate, books on Racism, or books on White Supremacy, cause those Mass Murderers to kill their victims?

Or did the Mass Murderers, cause those deaths, by their own choices, with their guns?

Who do you blame? 

@ZeusAres42

@Dee

@Plaffelvohfen

I blame the abusive parents, the Terrorists, and those Mass Murderers, for their inhumane crimes, or actions.  
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2763 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

I'm not playing games, with you or anyone else.

@Dee

@Plaffelvohfen

@ZeusAres42

Big questions for you all.

The below questions, are rooted in life, and how individuals have treated life with death.

If you can't answer the questions, then thank you, the three of you for your educational efforts.

Who do you blame? 

@ZeusAres42

@Dee

@Plaffelvohfen

It's your turn to answer some questions now. Start with Dee and Plaff and then answer mine. 

I've sufficiently answered you many times here; I am not repeating myself. Now it's you're time to actually give answers instead of avoiding questions and then having the unmitigated effrontery to ask them yourself.

Plaffelvohfen

@TKDB

Ok, I'll play a round then get back with the adults...

Yes, the Q'uran caused 9/11...  

You have your answer, care to reciprocate?
    ZeusAres42
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Thank you, for your non answering efforts.

Your opinions, and rhetoric, are enlightening, life changing, and thoughtful.

• @TKDB

Ok, I'll play a round then get back with the adults...

Yes, the Q'uran caused 9/11...  

You have your answer, care to reciprocate?
    And now ironically, according to him I am the one avoiding questions. His last response really was a childish one.
    Plaffelvohfen

TKDB said:
    @ZeusAres42

Thank you, for your non answering efforts.

Your opinions, and rhetoric, are enlightening, life changing, and thoughtful.

clearly speaking about yourself there TKDB as your own previous posts demonstrate that. BTW, you're not having the last word on this thread. I can keep going for eternity if need be haha.
    Plaffelvohfen

@ZeusAres42
    And now ironically, according to him I am the one avoiding questions. His last response really was a childish one. 
    At least, this time there were no question marks at all... This may be a first...  
    ZeusAres42
    @Plaffelvohfen

@Dee

@ZeusAres42

Educate yourself on the below?

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/11/12/tx-pastor-blames-the-devil-for-child-sex-abuse-charges-against-him/

"TX Pastor Blames the “Devil” for Child Sex Abuse Charges Against Him"

"A 48-year-old Texas pastor was arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a child, and you will never guess who is to blame. (Satan. It’s Satan.)

Pastor Jean Jacob Jeudy was arrested in connection with three outstanding warrants at his church, Walk By Faith International Missionary, according to the El Paso Times."

"“I got arrested (after) somebody accused me of something that I really don’t know what aboutthat happened in 2011,” Jeudy said. “The allegations are false. Nothing ever happened. It is just all lies.”

Jeudy was arrested on two counts of indecency with a child sexual contact and one count of sexual assault of a child.He was booked Thursday into the El Paso County Jail on a bond totaling $30,000. He was released on bail later that same day.“Anytime somebody lies about you, you have to fight that and that is what I am doing,” Jeudy said. “It is all lies. I have a lawyer who is working to get all these charges dropped.”

Jeudy may have a lawyer, but the police had enough evidence to at least make an arrest, so it’s hard to imagine the charges will suddenly be dropped.

To make matters worse, Jeudy has decided to blame the devil for the charges — and he’s making sure his congregation knows it.

Jeudy declined to comment on the allegations or who is making the accusations against him, but he said they are being made through the devil.

We know the Bible says in John 10:10 that the devil is a ,” Jeudy said. “The devil is a deceiver. The devil comes to steal and destroy. For the devil to accomplish that, he uses tactics like this. This is one of the tactics that the devil is using to bring attention to the devil instead of attention to God. For all my church members, that is what I tell them. They need to stay focused on the Christian work because if you don’t stay focused, this distractive behavior of the devil will ruin your faith in God.”No further details on the case have been released.

This is not merely some “distractive behavior.” They’re serious allegations, and they need to be taken as such. While the details haven’t been made public yet, it’s never a good look when the accused starts blaming his imaginary friend’s imaginary enemy.

There’s no word on whether Jeudy will use the “devil” in his official trial defense."

ZeusAres42PlaffelvohfenDee

It's your turn to answer some questions now. Start with Dee and Plaff and then answer mine. 

I've sufficiently answered you many times here; I am not repeating myself. Now it's you're time to actually give answers instead of avoiding questions and then having the unmitigated effrontery to ask them yourself. As well as having the unqualified audacity to portray yourself as an educator on subjects you evidently know little about.

BTW, you're not having the last word on this thread. I can keep going for eternity if need be haha.

PlaffelvohfenDee

TKDB said:
    @Plaffelvohfen

@Dee

@ZeusAres42

Educate yourself on the below?

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/11/12/tx-pastor-blames-the-devil-for-child-sex-abuse-charges-against-him/

"TX Pastor Blames the “Devil” for Child Sex Abuse Charges Against Him"

"A 48-year-old Texas pastor was arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a child, and you will never guess who is to blame. (Satan. It’s Satan.)

Pastor Jean Jacob Jeudy was arrested in connection with three outstanding warrants at his church, Walk By Faith International Missionary, according to the El Paso Times."

"“I got arrested (after) somebody accused me of something that I really don’t know what aboutthat happened in 2011,” Jeudy said. “The allegations are false. Nothing ever happened. It is just all lies.”

Jeudy was arrested on two counts of indecency with a child sexual contact and one count of sexual assault of a child.He was booked Thursday into the El Paso County Jail on a bond totaling $30,000. He was released on bail later that same day.“Anytime somebody lies about you, you have to fight that and that is what I am doing,” Jeudy said. “It is all lies. I have a lawyer who is working to get all these charges dropped.”

Jeudy may have a lawyer, but the police had enough evidence to at least make an arrest, so it’s hard to imagine the charges will suddenly be dropped.

To make matters worse, Jeudy has decided to blame the devil for the charges — and he’s making sure his congregation knows it.

Jeudy declined to comment on the allegations or who is making the accusations against him, but he said they are being made through the devil.

We know the Bible says in John 10:10 that the devil is a ,” Jeudy said. “The devil is a deceiver. The devil comes to steal and destroy. For the devil to accomplish that, he uses tactics like this. This is one of the tactics that the devil is using to bring attention to the devil instead of attention to God. For all my church members, that is what I tell them. They need to stay focused on the Christian work because if you don’t stay focused, this distractive behavior of the devil will ruin your faith in God.”No further details on the case have been released.

This is not merely some “distractive behavior.” They’re serious allegations, and they need to be taken as such. While the details haven’t been made public yet, it’s never a good look when the accused starts blaming his imaginary friend’s imaginary enemy.

There’s no word on whether Jeudy will use the “devil” in his official trial defense."

In the dictionary under deflection, it says see TKDB. 

PlaffelvohfenDeeTKDB

@TKDB

How do you reconcile your behavior here, with your professed "pro-family" value?

You don't have the minimum civility to answer a straight question with a straight answer...  

By your example, this is what you teach your kids , disingenousness and dishonesty... So much for the "pro-family values"...
    TKDBDee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Well said TK is indeed toxic and people like him are I’m afraid mentally unwell
    ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

You really are a cowardly person who cannot even defend his own nonsensical repetitive tripe , you think by typing off 20 lines with a question mark after each one that you’re saying something meaningful , you’re not?

Normally your tactic at this stage is to bring in Richard Dawkins Who fo some reason you’re obsessed with.

I’ve asked you to answer one simple question which you refuse to do P and Z have also asked you to answer a couple of simple questions and what do you do? Deflect and run like the cowardly dog you are ......You’re a “Christian “ right?
    ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @MayCaesar

You say ......Oh, I am not disagreeing that it is bad parenting. I am disagreeing that this is abuse, however. 

My reply .....Thankfully people in the medical and mental health fields disagree with your assessment , if you ever wanted to see the effects of religious indoctrination and the havoc it wreaked you ought to do a little bit of research on the Catholic Chrurch and it’s role in the lives of the people in my country the Republic of Ireland , all these parents and educators were on the same page as you as they were doing it for the children’s “good” so it couldn’t be absusive .

Actually this reasoning was used as aone defence by the clergy and parents.

Also you never answered is  beating a child abuse if it’s for it’s own good? If no , why not?

You say ......Parents often go the wrong way about things, not realising how sensitive children are at a young age and what consequences it can have on them.

My reply .......But their behavior  is not backed up and sanctioned by others collectively is it? Unlike religions who told children collectively about Hellfire and eternal torture daily 

You say ......My parents generally parented me well, but they did make a few mess-ups. There was a period in my home country, where I was around 4 years old, when child kidnappings happened all over the place. To protect me, my mother constantly told me to never talk to strangers, never accept gifts from strangers, be wary of kids older than me, etc. She wanted the best for me, and perhaps these precautions did prevent me from being kidnapped - but as a result, I developed a lot of anxieties related to interaction with strangers, and the traces of those are present in me to this day, 25 years later. For the majority of my life I had a lot of difficulty interacting with strangers, getting new friends, etc., because the misguided parenting build the connection "stranger = danger" in my brain.

My reply ......Ok I get that , now increase that a hundred times as in imagine if every family , school setting  , and social occasion had someone pushing this in your face how much worse it have been and it’s still not mental abuse.

Also if a child is morbidly obese and in perilous danger from obesity and the mother keeps stuffing the child because she thinks it’s for its own good is that not abuse?

You say .....A deeply religious person, warning their children about hell, want to avoid them ending up in hell; they want the best for them. And they genuinely believe that hell exists. What if hell really existed in the alternative Universe? 

My reply .......A deeply committed Nazi warning his children about the evil of Jews and wants to avoid them ending up being bankrupt by evil Jews only wants the best for them . He genuinely believes that total Jewish world domination is possible . What if this actually existed in an alternative Universe?

You say ......Would you still call it abuse? 

My reply .....Would you still call the  above  abuse? If not why not?

You say ......Well, my point is, whether it actually exists or not, it does not change how this style of parenting should be classified.

My reply .....Well I’ve given you a counter example and equally valid example of let’s call it “well meaning abuse” does that make it any better?

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

"You really are a cowardly person"

The territorists who attacked the country on 9/11 are the cowards.

Those mass shooters, from this past weekend, are the cowards.

Those parents who have abused their own kids, are the cowards. 

If you really want to debate, why not do a public debate, in front of a news crew?

Because you utilize the word "cowardly" so easily on the internet? 
    ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
    @Plaffelvohfen

"How do you reconcile your behavior here, with your professed "pro-family" value?

You don't have the minimum civility to answer a straight question with a straight answer...  

By your example, this is what you teach your kids , disingenousness and dishonesty... So much for the "pro-family values"... "

So because some don't get the answers that suit their self sided questions?

They get upset, because this is the internet?

You name a place and a time, and I will debate you in person, and I'll bring a news crew with me, so that we'll both be on news.

And then I can ask you about how your pro family values are away from the internet? 
    Dee
    @ZeusAres42

I'm sorry, are you directing your "Impossible Arguments" rhetoric towards me?

That would suit the 9/11 Hijackers more wouldn't it?
    (Weren't they the psychopaths?)

Being that they murdered 3000 plus people?

Or those Mass shooters from this past weekend?

Or those parents who have abused their own kids, and Religion wasn't responsible for their actions? 

And what does your irrelevant use of the "Impossible Arguments" meme have to do with the theme of the forum? 

Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

Well said TK is indeed toxic and people like him are I’m afraid mentally unwell
    I think this is abundantly clear now as his own posts demonstrate. He now continues to make up arguments in opposition to what I never said (strawman). He keeps childishly making implications that I think all religions worldwide or religion in itself are responsible for all violent deaths around the world. And there is no evidence anywhere of me saying this on this thread. This really is toxic behaviour from a toxic person.

I think the best we can do now however, is to ignore him and bring this topic back to what it was originally about. By responding to him we're just adding more fuel to the fire. As long as we no longer play his game the fire will hopefully and eventually burn out. As someone once said some minds you just can't reason with and tkdb is definitely one of them. 
    PlaffelvohfenDee

@TKDB

We didn't get any answer, at all....

You name a place and a time, and I will debate you in person, and I'll bring a news crew with me, so that we'll both be on news.

LOL

ZeusAres42
  • Or those parents who have abused their own kids, and Religion wasn't responsible for their actions? 

The question is not directed at people who knowingly abuse the question askes can religion become abusive? The answer is yes it can. Religion Is a shared public belief and publicly shared beliefs can become abusive to all people including children.
    ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited August 2019
    @TKDB

You say .....The territorists who attacked the country on 9/11 are the cowards.

My reply .....Yes 

You say .....Those mass shooters, from this past weekend, are the cowards.

My reply .....Yes 

You say ....Those parents who have abused their own kids, are the cowards. 

My reply .....Yes 

You say ......If you really want to debate, why not do a public debate,

My reply .....This is a debate site you idiotic creature , it’s open to the public you clown 

You say...... in front of a news crew?

My reply ......Why do you need a news crew to witness your cowardice? 

You say .....Because you utilize the word "cowardly" so easily on the internet?  

My reply .....I would do it in public too regards an like you who cannot answer one simple question regarding the word of god ,  maybe when you sober up you could give it a go you coward 
    Plaffelvohfen
    @Plaffelvohfen

Here's the theme of the forum:

"Is Religion Ever Child Abuse?"

And here's the theme of your argument:

"How do you reconcile your behavior here, with your professed "pro-family" value?

By your example, this is what you teach your kids , disingenousness and dishonesty... So much for the "pro-family values"... "

Then, you dig even further into your own theme?

"We didn't get any answer, at all...."

@Plaffelvohfen

Who is we?

You name a place and a time, and I will debate you in person, and I'll bring a news crew with me, so that we'll both be on news.

"LOL"

@Plaffelvohfen

Are you afraid of an in person debate?

Aren't you confident, in your anti religious argument, enough to debate before a news camera, before the public itself?

What is truth behind your anti religious argument?

Aren't you 100% confident, in your anti religious stance? 

ZeusAres42Plaffelvohfen
  • John_C_87 said:
    Or those parents who have abused their own kids, and Religion wasn't responsible for their actions? 

The question is not directed at people who knowingly abuse the question askes can religion become abusive? The answer is yes it can. Religion Is a shared public belief and publicly shared beliefs can become abusive to all people including children.
    This to me is pretty much a no brainer.

@Dee

I'm pro family, pro God, Jesus, and the Bible.

I'm also anti parents, who want to abuse their kids, and then to have people, blame Religion, just to abuse Religion on the internet, because of what the abusive parents did, in the name of themselves?

(Because the anti religious, are chronic about using the internet to verbally abuse Religion, when Religion, in general, likely hasn't done anything wrong, to the anti religious protester?)

I'm anti Terrorists, who go about harming innocent people, because their Radical mindsets, use Religion as an excuse for their own selfish acts of terrorism, and then to have people, again abuse Religion on the internet, because of what the Terrorists did, in the name of themselves.

And I'm anti Mass Shooter, who go about using White Supremacy, Hate, or Racism, as their excuses, to go about harming innocent people.

@Dee

You're pandering to yourself, with your below argument:

"My reply .....This is a debate site you idiotic creature , it’s open to the public you clown 

You say...... in front of a news crew?

My reply ......Why do you need a news crew to witness your cowardice? 

You say .....Because you utilize the word "cowardly" so easily on the internet?  

My reply .....I would do it in public too regards an like you who cannot answer one simple question regarding the word of god ,  maybe when you sober up you could give it a go you coward."

No, you wouldn't.

• Or those parents who have abused their own kids, and Religion wasn't responsible for their actions? 

This also pretty much in line with my argument too. Where I'd also happened to point out things such as belief systems etc in previous posts.

This also pretty much in line with my argument too. Where I'd also happened to point out things such as belief systems etc in previous posts.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

So my one little question still has you running scared because you cannot answer get help from your preacher you seeing as you’re too terrified to give it a go .......

20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death

So try again to give an answer if a man kills another man after reading gods will regarding homosexuals who do you blame , the man , the Bible , or god?.......now start running ......

TKDB
  • Dee said:
    @TKDB

So my one little question still has you running scared because you cannot answer get help from your preacher you seeing as you’re too terrified to give it a go .......

20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death

So try again to give an answer if a man kills another man after reading gods will regarding homosexuals who do you blame , the man , the Bible , or god?.......now start running ......

I would like to answer this if I may. The man is responsible for killing the other man. The disciples that wrote that particular passage in the bible long ago are responsible for writing it. As for God if we assume he is real and this was his will then it also follows that God is responsible for willing this command.

Fortunately, according to the societal norms that most of us have adopted in most developed countries of the modern-day most of us now know that killing someone else just because you don't like who they are is just plain wrong. 
    DeeTKDBPlaffelvohfen

@ZeusAres42

No it can't.

You seem to be treating Religion as if it were an actual being?

I think that the abusive individuals, are self brainwashed individuals.

Who believe in their own demented mindset, or mindsets.

"the question askes can religion become abusive? The answer is yes it can."

So maybe to you it can, but no Religion isn't abusive, but humans can be abusive.

What website reference material, do you have to support your argument?

ZeusAres42
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Why don't you call a news conference, and ask the Public, to answer your question, to yourself in person, and make your argument a non internet debate? 
    ZeusAres42DeePlaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

No answer still from the drunken clown TKDB .......what a shocker 
  • John_C_87 said:

This is also pretty much in line with my argument/s. And what I happened to mention about belief systems etc in previous debates. A number of people have very strong belief systems and sometimes they're very strong belief systems that are harmful to society. Several of these individuals find it hard to understand that what they're doing is abuse because they so strongly believe what they're doing is right; this is also backed up by lots of psychological research. For example, religious radicals are convinced that what they're doing is right because it is for their God's will because they believe so strongly in it. It is in most cases these destructive belief systems are at the core of their destructive behavior; at least what a vast number of the rest of us would call destructive based on the social norms of the modern-day in most developed countries. And it is these destructive beliefs that need to be dealt with so as to prevent any further damage, and luckily there are productive things in place doing this very thing right now, such as de-radicalization programs taking in place in a number of countries. And what's more, is that there are former radicals that have changed their lives around for the benefit of themselves and others.

Furthermore, it also doesn't make any sense to say that you cannot blame a person's belief system for their actions because if they didn't have this belief system in the first place then they wouldn't have committed the actions that they did. 

Now, while there may be evil psychopaths out there that like to shout about religious nonsense and give all religion a bad name after they've harmed someone, that is not what this debate is about.

It's pretty self-evident what this debate is about and that is about those who commit actions because they have such strong beliefs in what they're doing is right when most of the rest of us at least in developed countries know for dam sure what they're doing is wrong, at least according to the social norms of the modern-day 21st century. Hence also the reason for the convictions of those parents who committed "Religious based medical neglect" crims as outlined in those case reports that I presented here a few posts back. Hence, also for the convictions of those religious fanatics that caused acts of terrorism.

References:
    Plaffelvohfen

@Dee

What country are you from?

And what does this lazy language, have to do with the theme of the forum?

You know how to use the words, "shocker, clown, and drunken?"

"No answer still from the drunken clown TKDB .......what a shocker"