frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

racism

123457»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited February 20
    Bogan said:
    @maxx ;   The human race is but one race. You can classify them into sub-races all you want, but that doesnt change anything. 

That is exactly like saying that there is only one species of brown bear, they are all the same, and all of the sub species of brown bears does not change that.   Actually it does.    All brown bears are dangerous but two are particularly dangerous.   Grizzly Bears as so dangerous that the Lewis and Clark expedition was warned by the Indians that if they travelled further west, they were in great danger of being attacked by very large brown bears who were extremely aggressive, would attack any man or beast without provocation, and which were extremely difficult to kill or drive away.    Clark in his journal agreed wholeheartedly with the Indians warning.      The man eating Kodiak bear is so large and dangerous that in parts of Alaska where it resides, it is illegal to be in areas it inhabits without a magnum rifle.    African buffaloes are a species.  Within that species are four sub species and they are all dangerous.     But one of them is really dangerous.   The Cape Buffaloe is so dangerous that it is one of the "Big Five" of "Dangerous Game" for Big Game Hunters. 

Sub species of humans and animals are different in appearance, and different in intelligence and temperament.      Your kumbaya ideology, while touchingly humanitarian, has no basis in scientific fact.    Sub species in animals equate precisely with human races in humans.   Anyone who claims that the term "race" is not a scientific term has to explain to me how "sub species" and "race" are not identical concepts.  

Thank you for repeating my oft repeated premise that human beings are tribal and territorial.   That is one reason why I inhabit these debate sites.  I like to give ammunition to other debaters who are either like minded, or nearly so, against the forces of wishful thinking ignorance.    The term comes from Robert Ardrey's book "The Hunting Hypotheses" which fully explains this aspect of human behaviour.     Human beings are tribal because of all the reasons you gave, but you missed one.   Where one group of people are identifiably different in appearance from another, the factors you mentioned that create "stranger danger" are exacerbated.   Even ordinary brown bears in the USA learned to their cost to keep well away from Grizzly Bears.   Although some people would say they are racist for doing so.    @Bogan ;  now i do believe you did say there were sub races. my apologies for it not getting on the other debate topic. you also said that humans are top of the food chain, almost any one could show that is incorrect. 

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @maxx ;     @Bogan ;  now i do believe you did say there were sub races. my apologies for it not getting on the other debate topic. you also said that humans are top of the food chain, almost any one could show that is incorrect. 

Okay, so now you know you were wrong and I have never used the term "sub races",  apologize to me for misrepresenting my position.
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    maxx said:
    Bogan said:
    @maxx ;   The human race is but one race. You can classify them into sub-races all you want, but that doesnt change anything. 

That is exactly like saying that there is only one species of brown bear, they are all the same, and all of the sub species of brown bears does not change that.   Actually it does.    All brown bears are dangerous but two are particularly dangerous.   Grizzly Bears as so dangerous that the Lewis and Clark expedition was warned by the Indians that if they travelled further west, they were in great danger of being attacked by very large brown bears who were extremely aggressive, would attack any man or beast without provocation, and which were extremely difficult to kill or drive away.    Clark in his journal agreed wholeheartedly with the Indians warning.      The man eating Kodiak bear is so large and dangerous that in parts of Alaska where it resides, it is illegal to be in areas it inhabits without a magnum rifle.    African buffaloes are a species.  Within that species are four sub species and they are all dangerous.     But one of them is really dangerous.   The Cape Buffaloe is so dangerous that it is one of the "Big Five" of "Dangerous Game" for Big Game Hunters. 

Sub species of humans and animals are different in appearance, and different in intelligence and temperament.      Your kumbaya ideology, while touchingly humanitarian, has no basis in scientific fact.    Sub species in animals equate precisely with human races in humans.   Anyone who claims that the term "race" is not a scientific term has to explain to me how "sub species" and "race" are not identical concepts.  

Thank you for repeating my oft repeated premise that human beings are tribal and territorial.   That is one reason why I inhabit these debate sites.  I like to give ammunition to other debaters who are either like minded, or nearly so, against the forces of wishful thinking ignorance.    The term comes from Robert Ardrey's book "The Hunting Hypotheses" which fully explains this aspect of human behaviour.     Human beings are tribal because of all the reasons you gave, but you missed one.   Where one group of people are identifiably different in appearance from another, the factors you mentioned that create "stranger danger" are exacerbated.   Even ordinary brown bears in the USA learned to their cost to keep well away from Grizzly Bears.   Although some people would say they are racist for doing so.    @Bogan ;  now i do believe you did say there were sub races. my apologies for it not getting on the other debate topic. you also said that humans are top of the food chain, almost any one could show that is incorrect.   right there bogan. sub species in animals and humans are different in appearance, intelligence and temperament. it appears to me you wrote that. . You also said sub species in animals equate precisely with those of humans. either read what you wrote, or explain it away. @Bogan ;

• BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @maxx ;  Okay, now I am warning you.     If you are tired of debating with me and want to go on my "Troll list", just lie again and claim that I use the term "sub races".        I have never used that term and you know it.   I have no intention of debating with a person who is so dishonest that they knowingly tell lies and deliberately put false words in my mouth.
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    have it your way bogan. you wrote that entire statement. anyone can find it by googling race; debate island. also I am saying it flat. from your own statements you are racist because they are a criminal violent "race' as well as intellectually inferior. The reasons appear not to matter to you however, i and you both agree most of it is genetic, yet that does not bother you. I presented my statements, showed quality links, pointed to the history books yet you still disagree that it is whites fault. Believe what you want . I could care less about your personal views to any ethnic group; however i always expected you to look at the facts at least! @Bogan
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  

@maxx

Maxx quote      have it your way bogan. you wrote that entire statement. anyone can find it by googling race; debate island.

I will have it my way, because I will not tolerate somebody putting words in my mouth that I never spoke     If you ever falsely claim that I use the term “sub races” again, then I will never respond to any debate with you again.

Maxx quote  also I am saying it flat. from your own statements you are racist because they are a criminal violent "race' as well as intellectually inferior.

I am a racist because I know that races are not equal and I can present numerous reasoned arguments supported by evidence to promote that opinion.      You are a racist because you think that the dysfunctions of always dysfunctional ethnicities is all the fault of white people, even though you are unable to submit any supporting argument to justify your peculiar opinion.

Maxx quote  The reasons appear not to matter to you however, i and you both agree most of it is genetic, yet that does not bother you.

It bothers me that you are now implying that you already know that certain ethnicities have at the least a low collective IQ, yet you still insist that the reason why they are dysfunctional is the usual neo-Marxist racist line of “it’s all the white guys fault.”

Max quote  I presented my statements, showed quality links, pointed to the history books yet you still disagree that it is whites fault. Believe what you want .

While I read so many books and watched so many video’s on this topic (for and against) that I can present cohesive arguments which make complete sense. so much so, that I can even cross connect concepts in my mind.    Which is why I am all over you like a rash.     You are in the rather unstable position of first admitting that races are not equal in IQ at the very least, and then still insisting that this difference in intelligence could have no bearing upon their behaviour, nor their life outcomes.     No one with any common sense, or who possesses a mind capable of impartial reasoned thought, would accept that.

Maxx quote  I could care less about your personal views to any ethnic group; however i always expected you to look at the facts at least! 

If you have any “facts” then use them to form a reasoned argument that supports your wrong opinion.     I am not going to pick apart a 2000 word link from you, just to have you toss another 2000 word link, and then another, and another.     I have been the victim of that sort of “debating” before and I will not tolerate it again.     Read the damned things yourself and use them to formulate your own argument.    Do some work and learn how to think.      THEN I will pick apart YOUR argument.