frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Give Me Your Best Examples of Contradictions in the Bible

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JoeKerrJoeKerr 332 Pts   -  
    @ProudToBeCatholic

I assume you would claim that the god you believe in is omniscient. I have always found it strange that a being that is supposed
    to be omniscient and who had the unimaginable power to create the world and the creatures that inhabit it, do so knowing that it would soon after have
    to destroy that creation bar Noah's family and his floating zoo. It would be like someone spending time and energy building a house, knowing that shortly after building it they would have to demolish it. Makes no sense.
    I also find it strange that a being with the unimaginable power you claim it has when faced with something that makes it angry, the best solution it can come up with to solve that problem is to kill everyone. A terrible lack of imagination for a being of such supposed power.
    What I am really trying to say is that the kind of god you worship is a di@k!
    Cat
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 962 Pts   -  
    @JoeKerr said:

I assume you would claim that the god you believe in is omniscient. I have always found it strange that a being that is supposed
    to be omniscient and who had the unimaginable power to create the world and the creatures that inhabit it, do so knowing that it would soon after have
    to destroy that creation bar Noah's family and his floating zoo. It would be like someone spending time and energy building a house, knowing that shortly after building it they would have to demolish it. Makes no sense.
    I also find it strange that a being with the unimaginable power you claim it has when faced with something that makes it angry, the best solution it can come up with to solve that problem is to kill everyone. A terrible lack of imagination for a being of such supposed power.
    What I am really trying to say is that the kind of god you worship is a di@k!

Is God unjust for punishing those who have sinned?  No.  He is not.  God is not unjust for bringing death to any of His creations.  He is God.  He has the right to give life and take it.  Does it not fit God's character of justice to punish sin?  I would argue that it does.  Even if someone thinks they "get away with it" here on earth, the biblical promise is that God will ultimately judge everyone for their actions and will do so fairly.  

Does God use a flood because He has no imagination and can't think of other ways to punish people?  I'd say no.  The Bible contains many examples of punishment here on earth, and of an ultimate judgement that no one escapes.  There may be many purposes of the flood, but it doesn't seem to be a lack of imagination as the reason for it.
    Cat
    @just_sayin
    The only "sin" you need to commit in order to qualify for your god's punishment of eternal suffering, is to not believe in this god and
    therefore you're not spending your life worshiping it and telling it how wonderful it is.
    For a god to punish someone for all eternity for simply not believing and not worshipping that god shows that not only is that god
    a di@k, but a narcissistic di@k to boot.

• 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @ProudToBeCatholic

ProudToBeCatholic, whose mantra is; "Do not cherry-pick biblical passages, even though they are inspired by Jesus, that totally embarrasses me and my primitive thinking Bronze and Iron Age Catholic Religion,” and is the number one king of using ungodly EISIGENSIS in trying to rewrite Jesus' actual literal words, and the number one Bible Apologist that twists himself into a pretzel to "try" and change Jesus' disturbing and despicable inspired words,

MY POST TO YOU THAT YOU ARE "TRYING" TO ADDRESS AND REMAIN INTELLIGENT LOOKING IN THE AFTERMATH SHOWN BELOW: https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160694/#Comment_160694

YOUR REACHING FOR THE STARS QUOTE TO MY POST SHOWN ABOVE: What you failed to mention on this point is that there are others who disagree with this statement of ‘science’. Check it out: 

DNA IN ‘ANCIENT’ FOSSILS: DNA extracted from bacteria that are supposed to be 425 million years old brings into question that age, because DNA could not last more than thousands of years.

THE HUMAN GENOME: The decay in the human genome due to multiple slightly harmful mutation each generation is consistent with an origin several thousand years ago. Sanford J. Genetic entropy and the mystery of the genome. This has been confirmed by realistic modeling of population genetics, which shows that genomes are young, in the order of thousands of years.

Or this one: FOSSILS: Many fossil bones ‘dated’ at many millions of years old are hardly mineralized, if at all. This contradicts the widely believed old age of the earth. Tubes of marine worms ‘dated’ at 550 million years old, that are soft and flexible and apparently composed of the original organic compounds hold the record.

And finally: DINOSAURS: Dinosaur blood cells, blood vessels, proteins (homoglobin, osteocalcin, collagin, histones) and DNA are not consistent with their supposed more than 65-million-year age, but make more sense if the remains are thousands of years old.

And there are many more scientific ‘evidences’ that contradict your ‘evidences’.  So no, this is not a contradiction; for even scientists disagree about the age of the earth.

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

Let's see, hmmmmmm, what did you forget to include in your ungodly statements above, damn it, what didn't you include to be more convincing to your primitive Bronze and Iron Age Catholic view points  ............... I GOT IT!  ....... You conveniently left out Citations for scholarly articles pertaining to your "alleged facts" listed above, and that were peered reviewed as well!

Your blatant EISIGENSIS, as shown in this matter, is getting stronger with every post of yours! Therefore, to not be too embarrassed in front of the membership, take each article that you posed above and follow the entities shown below for EACH ONE OF THEM, in taking them away from your insidious "HEARSAY" and biased accountings of using EISIGENSIS, to actual truthful peered reviewed ones!  

BEGIN AND WAITING:

1. Name of Author(s)
    2. Year of Publication.
    3. Full Title of Article.
    4. Title of Journal (italicized)
    5. Volume Number of Journal.
    6. Page Numbers of Article.

While you are doing your homework in providing actual cited evidence to your propositions shown above, we'll discuss your comical quote relating to dinosaurs herewith: "And finally: DINOSAURS: Dinosaur blood cells, blood vessels, proteins (homoglobin, osteocalcin, collagin, histones) and DNA are not consistent with their supposed more than 65-million-year age, but make more sense if the remains are thousands of years old.

ProudToBeCatholic, "you are now on record" in that you believe through the Bible, that Dinosaurs were created at approximately 6000 years ago with all of the other life forms that Jesus as God created, and that Adam named!!!  Take a bow in front of the membership!

(APPLAUSE SIGN IS ON!)

Does this Religion Forum have "Pseudo-Christian Dunce Awards" for truly inept pseudo-christians like ProudToBeCatholic in proposing that DINOSAURS existed 6000 years ago upon earth, because Jesus' inspired words within the Bible said so? ROFLOL!!!

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN MACKEREL SNAPPER CATHOLIC LIKE "PROUDTOBECATHOLIC THAT PROPOSES TO THE MEMBERSHIP OF THIS ESTEEMED RELIGION FORUM, THAT ALL DINOSAURS EXISTED ON EARTH APPROXIMATELY 6000 YEARS AGO, WILL EMBARRASSINGLY BE ... ?

Cat
    @just_sayin ;@ProundToBeCatholic

just_sayin,

YOUR QUOTE ABOUT YOUR BLOODY SERIAL KILLER JESUS AS GOD: "Is God unjust for punishing those who have sinned?  No. He is not. God is not unjust for bringing death to any of His creations.  He is God.  He has the right to give life and take it."

So, do you ever tell your non-religious friends that they should be pseudo-christians just like you, because your Jesus as God outright murdered INNOCENT BABIES AND INFANTS that did not know their parents wrongdoings towards Jesus as god to begin with, but nonetheless, Jesus included them in his brutal and bloody murderous acts?

JESUS IS GOD: “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:5)

1. JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS AS GOD STATED: "Happy the man who shall seize and smash your little ones against the rock!" (Psalms 137:9)

2. JESUS AS GOD STATED: Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.” (Isaiah 13:16)

3. JESUS AS GOD STATED: Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.” (Hosea 13:16)

4. JESUS AS GOD STATED: "Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey." (1 Samuel 15:3)

5.  JESUS AS GOD STATED: "So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them." (Genesis 6:7)

6. JESUS AS GOD STATED: The people of Israel are stricken.  Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit.  And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children(Hosea 9:11-16) 

Barring Jesus as God murdering INNOCENT babies and infant children, especially in His Great Flood, and as shown in the passages above, He also had wives ravished, aka, RAPED, and He had women with child RIPPED UP, which equals a horrific and an exposed bloody ABORTION!  Furthermore, have you ever thought about in what INNOCENT little children sound like when Jesus wants them to be "smashed upon the rocks" in Psalm 137:9?  Do you think it sounds like throwing a watermelon forcibly upon a rock and hearing it "SPLAT" open, yes?  As shown, your beloved Jesus God will also slaughter innocent babies that are born in an abortion act of His! :(

Now, bring out your deck of EISIGENSIS cards in trying in vain to smooth over the above brutal killing examples by Jesus brutally murdering INNOCENT babies and infants, where He is supposedly all loving (Romans 5:8) and forgiving (Romans 10:13) in the scriptures to begin with. NOT!

Okay, make us laugh with your ungodly EISIGENSIS excuses, BEGIN:

RAISE YOUR HANDS IF YOU WANT TO BE A CHRISTIAN WITH A GOD JESUS THAT MURDERS INNOCENT INFANTS AND BABIES IN SUCH BRUTAL AND BLOODY WAYS, BUT YOU ARE STILL TO WORSHIP AND PRAY TO HIM, WILL BE ... ?!

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Why do you always ask the person who cannot give rational representation to GOD, about GOD?

Because they always assume they can give a "rational " explanation 

You fear whole truth

What truths did I fear?

, you fear GOD and rightfully so.

You really need to look up the term Atheist. You fear ALLAH and rightfully so 
    @JoeKerr
    If someone doesn't want to be around God or acknowledge God, then God's punishment is just giving them what they want.  To be eternally separated from God was their desire, was it not?
    Nomenclature
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @Dee
    Because they always assume they can give a "rational " explanation 

Assuming they can give a rational explanation does not mean the same as giving a rational representation.

What truths did I fear?
    You answered your own question you fear GOD becuase you are atheist.

You really need to look up the term Atheist. 
    : a person who does not believe in the existence of a god or any gods : one who subscribes to or advocates atheism
    Atheist Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
    okay..... Let me start by addressing the definition this way as whole truth. A person who believe GOD or "ANY GOD" exists. This means GOD of legal reprentation or not, correct people understand clearly what they are assuming as a burden of bleief? Are admiting yes I know or is this going to be like the medical use of abortion where you IQ drops of the chart?

You fear ALLAH and rightfully so 
    It is a more complicated grievance then just an argument of fear. The link or better said maybe the union between a Muslim religion held as a United State, with islam, then connection to Allah, as it is the history of a line of prophits including Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Solomom, Jesus...and finally Muhammad. Has over all pending implications into the use of Capital Punishments dirctly by State and Federal judical Courts even Armed Service Court and Tribunals.

Islam | Religion, Beliefs, Practices, & Facts | Britannica

I have a question for you. A soldier has a name known only too GOD. How do you explain in whole truth the name is identical to that which was given at birth by his mother and father or just one parent?

@just_sayin
    Why does your god deem it necessary to punish people who don't acknowledge it?
    Tell me, what do you hope to get out of a lifetime of acknowledging your god?
    What reward has your invisible friend got in store for you? 
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin
    If someone doesn't want to be around God or acknowledge God, then God's punishment is just giving them what they want.

Same applies to you. If you want to pick sides then you're going to miss out on Valhalla, 72 virgins and the best house party in the universe up on Mount Olympus. You can keep your harp. 

@ProudToBeCatholic

Maybe you would like to explain these biblical contradictions?

Ex 33:20       "And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live."
    Gen 32:30     “… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.”
    John 1:18      “No man hath seen God at any time…”
    @ProudToBeCatholic

ProudToBeCatholic, whose mantra is; "Do not cherry-pick biblical passages, even though they are inspired by Jesus, that totally embarrasses me and my primitive thinking Bronze and Iron Age Catholic Religion,” and is the number one king of using ungodly EISIGENSIS in trying to rewrite Jesus' actual literal words, and the number one Bible Apologist that twists himself into a pretzel to "try" and change Jesus' disturbing and despicable inspired words,

Just a few of MANY Bible contradictions for you to address, are shown below at your request. Now, for the sake of comedy and where you do not like the LITERAL meaning of a Jesus inspired passages as written, get out your EISIGENSIS playing cards in the manner of Tarot cards, and make us laugh in what the passages below literally state, they actually don't, for you to "TRY" and save face regarding your primitive Bronze and Iron Age Bible!  LOL!

BEGIN:

1. Was Jesus Born in a House or a Manger?

HOUSE: "On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh." (Matthew 2:11)

MANGER:  "and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." (Luke 2:7)

2. Is Revenge Acceptable?

YES: "The righteous will be glad when they are avenged, when they bathe their feet in the blood of the wicked. Then men will say, "Surely the righteous still are rewarded; surely there is a God who judges the earth." (Psalm 50:10-11)

NO: "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice, or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from him." (Proverbs 24:17-18)

3. The women spread the word of Jesus' empty tomb, or they didn't!

YES: "The women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples." (Matthew 28:8)

NO:  "Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid." (Mark 16:8)

4.  CAN YOU SEE GOD? NO!

NO: "No one has ever seen God." (1 John 4:12).

NO: "No man has seen or can see [God]" (1 Timothy 6:16).

NO: "But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.” (Exodus 33:20)

NO: "No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known." (John 1:18)

CAN YOU SEE GOD? YES!

YES: "Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. When Moses turned again into the camp, his assistant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent." (Exodus 33:11)

YES:  "Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ," (Titus 2:13)

YES:  "Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:27-28)

YES:  "Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:" (2 Peter 1:1)

5. Do pseudo-christians deserve punishment for their ancestors’ sins?

YES: "I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me (Exodus 20:5).

NO:  "Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin (Deuteronomy 24:16).

6.  Who should the disciples convert?

EVERYONE:   "Make disciples of ALL the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).

NOT EVERYONE:  "These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.” (Matthew 10:5–6)

7. Jesus should have returned already as His inspired words so state without having to use Satanic EISIGENSIS to say otherwise!

“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done." (Revelation 22:12)

"I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown." (Revelation 3:11)

"When you are persecuted in one place [as you spread the gospel], flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes." (Matthew 10:23)

"Some who are standing here WILL NOT TASTE DEATH  before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom (Matthew 16:28).

"All people on earth will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds. (Matthew 24:30–31, 34) This generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." (Matthew 24:34).

• bjinthirtybjinthirty 139 Pts   -  
    if the bible speaks only but the truth and doesnt lie, then why is it that it only speaks of jesus in good ways hiding the full life of jesus. The bible doesnt introduce us to full personality of our god. It never speaks of any time Jesus throws a tantrum, trips, falls, breaks something, butchers an animal, wakes up with a woody, mad dogs an apostle, uses super powers low key on somebody, washes his clothes. Every historical figure known to man states atleast some silly things good and bad. but jesus story pretty much portrays him as never pi**ed the f up at someone, mad they burned the caserole, or even rhetorical questions. Like how did jesus react when god told him he would carry a cross and spike crown and get nailed. Seems like jesus was okay listening to the voices in his head. At one point the devil appears to god yet the real god never does and he never seemed or stop to think for a second that perhaps the voices in his head wasnt god but the devils. idk it just seems like the bible is one sided and hiding the truth making it look in my eyes as just another fairy tale book.
    @21CenturyIconoclast asked:
    1. Was Jesus Born in a House or a Manger?
    HOUSE: "On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh." (Matthew 2:11)
    MANGER:  "and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." (Luke 2:7)

There is no problem with the two.  While Christmas plays often have the shepherds and Wise Men arriving at the stable, Luke's gospel deals with the arrival of the shepherds at the stable, while Matthew speaks of the Wise Men.  History says that the Wise Men followed the "star" and may not have arrived from the time of seeing it for up to 2 years.  That's why Herod ordered the death of male children under 2 in Bethlehem.  In up to 2 years time, it seems likely that Joseph and Mary would have relocated from the stable.

@21CenturyIconoclast asked:

2. Is Revenge Acceptable?
    YES: "The righteous will be glad when they are avenged, when they bathe their feet in the blood of the wicked. Then men will say, "Surely the righteous still are rewarded; surely there is a God who judges the earth." (Psalm 50:10-11)
    NO: "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice, or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from him." (Proverbs 24:17-18)

I don't know where you got your talking points from, but they are answered (as if you sent this very question in) Here:

“Revenge” conjures up images of someone filled with rage and hatred getting even with whoever has done that person wrong. But according to the dictionary, the word “revenge” means to punish someone in return for wrongdoing, injury or insult. Technically, it means to deliver justice. Given that definition, “revenge” is not really what is at the heart of Proverbs 24: 17-18. That passage has to do with a mean-spirited attitude, so it cannot be used to argue for or against God’s attitude toward revenge.
    Ps. 58:10-11, however, accurately describes vengeance from the biblical viewpoint of God punishing those who do evil. A close look at the passage reveals four key players: the “righteous,” who have been wronged, the “wicked,” who committed the wrongdoing, the “men,” who are witnesses of the event, and God, who acts as judge. In this scenario it is God who judges the actions of the wicked and, as a result, those who witness it all come to the conclusion that God is just and fair for punishing those who abused the righteous.
    As for the righteous in this verse, they are “glad” because justice has been served. They have been avenged by God who has seen the injustice done to them. As grotesque as it sounds to our ears that the righteous “bathe their feet in the blood of the wicked,” that is simply a very real description of a battlefield where the victory has gone to those who were wronged. The righteous are not glad because they are ankle deep in blood; they are glad because God saw to it that the good guys won! The blood is evidence of His victory over evil. God has exercised justice.
    So even Psalm 58:10-11 does not suggest that revenge is acceptable to God in the common use of that word. What it does teach is that God is just, and He is the avenger of the righteous when they are wronged. This verse should be a source of great comfort for those who have been rescued from the life of wickedness and who have come to faith in Jesus Christ:
    @21CenturyIconoclast asked
    3. The women spread the word of Jesus' empty tomb, or they didn't!
    YES: "The women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples." (Matthew 28:8)
    NO:  "Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid." (Mark 16:8)

The best explanation is that the women initially said nothing (Mark 16:8), or said nothing on the way to the disciples, and then later told the disciples what they saw (Matthew 28:8Luke 24:9).  It would make sense that they were frightened and didn’t know what to do or say.  But then later, of course, they spoke up. 

To be honest, your questions weren't very hard to answer, and you could have found an answer yourself in less than 5 minutes to all 6 with a Google search (by the way, your talking points are found online too).  Hope that helps you some.

@just_sayin
    Your response to the contradictions is the usual biblical apologist's response. "Oh, I know that's what it says, but that's not what it means."
    You then go on to make stuff up, saying this is what it really means. 
    What is your response to the passages about the god you look at and die, yet some looked and lived, even though no man had ever seen this god at any time?
    The bible says this, but I suppose you can't see any contradictions in those passages once you put your own add-ons in place.
    Nomenclature
  • @ProudToBeCatholic

ProudToBeCatholic, whose mantra is; "Do not cherry-pick biblical passages, even though they are inspired by Jesus, that totally embarrasses me and my primitive thinking Bronze and Iron Age Catholic Religion,” and is the number one king of using ungodly EISIGENSIS in trying to rewrite Jesus' actual literal words, and the number one Bible Apologist/Hermeneutic that twists himself into a pretzel to "try" and change Jesus' disturbing and despicable inspired words as written,

ProudToBeCatholic, you continue to RUN AWAY from the following posts that I have directly given to you, whereas your Jesus the serial killer of brutally murdering innocent babies and infants, is watching you doing this ungodly act! (Hebrews 4:13)  

Since you have yet to even “try” to address my FOUR Jesus inspired posts to you, you’ve turned into a little “wussy boy” PEDOPHILE PRIEST fearing Catholic runaway in front of Jesus and the membership!

Here, let me help you regroup to said posts showing you to be the runaway from biblical axioms that are relative to your threads; READY?  Take a deep breath, here we go …..

1. PROUDTOBECATHOLIC RUNNING AWAY FROM MY POST TO HIM SHOWING THAT JESUS AS GOD CREATED THE UNIVERSE, MAN, EARTH, AND ANIMALS APPROXIMATELY 6000 YEARS AGO:

This link is where you are on record in this Religion Forum in saying that dinosaurs were created approximately 6000 years ago relative to Bible teachings, your opinions of fossil records, and other erroneous information that you DID NOT back up with peered reviewed Citations with scholarly articles pertaining to your "alleged facts" as listed, other than your own comical “Hearsay accountings” which are embarrassing to promote such child-like rhetoric!

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160882/#Comment_160882

Atheist membership, QUIT LAUGHING at the number one hermeneutic spin doctor ProudToBeCatholic that is on record saying dinosaurs are only biblically 6000 years old!  Come on, every Religion Forum has to have their Bible fool comedy show person like ProudToBeCatholic!

2. PROUDTOBECATHOLIC RUNNING AWAY FROM MY POST TO HIM REGARDING JESUS BRUTALLY MURDERING INNOCENT BABIES AND INFANTS, ALONG WITH THE EQUALLY BIBLE INEPT "JUST_SAYIN:" 

I included you with the equally bible fool “Just_saying” in my post where Jesus as God had INNOCENT babies and infants brutally murdered, women with child ripped open, which is an exposed ABORTION as terribly shown in the link below:  

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160886/#Comment_160886

Seriously, again tell the membership that your serial brutal killer Jesus of INNOCENT babies and infants is okay in your way of thinking, whereas you NEVER propose this disgusting said proposition to anyone else outside of your PEDOPHILE priest infested Catholic church!  

3. PROUDTOBECATHOLIC RUNNING AWAY FROM MY BIBLE CONTRADICTION POST TO HIM:

Here is another post of mine to you where you are RUNNING AWAY from dealing with explicit Bible contradictions that you wanted us to show you. Listen, if you need help in trying to address these 7 Bible contradictions, of which I have many more I’m going to address to you, and for the sake of comedy on your part, and as shown, have Just_sayin help you out! LOL!

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160994/#Comment_160994

4. PROUDTOBECATHOLIC RUNNING AWAY FROM MY BIBLICALLY CORRECT "TRINITY DOCTRINE" COMEDY SHOW: 

In this post to you that you are RUNNING AWAY from, I corrected your inept understanding of the Triune doctrine that was so overused with EISIGENSIS mumbo jumbo to try and make your ungodly point sound coherent, I therefore held your feet to the fire regarding the laughable and always entertaining “Trinity Doctrine” that should be a comedy act on Saturday Night Live, where you and the equally Bible inept “ Just_sayin” could perform this biblical anomalous act and get great laughs without the Applause sign on!  LOL!

One of the best truthful lines in this Triune Doctrine Comedy Act, is that Jesus is God, but at the same time, He is his Fathers son!  Priceless pseudo-christian comedy at its best!

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160878/#Comment_160878

ProudToBeCatholic, because of you RUNNING AWAY from my posts to you above, can you at least tell us in what “running shoes” you wear to perform this embarrassing and ungodly act of yours?  Are they Adidas, Nike, New Balance, or?

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE “PROUDTOBECATHOLIC” THAT HAS TO RUN AWAY FROM JESUS’ DISTURBING, SICKENING, HORRIFIC, AND DISGUSTING DIRECT BIBLICAL AXIOMS, WILL BE … ?

• @just_sayin

Just_sayin I am a Bible fool,

At your embarrassing expense, I will address your "comedy of errors" post in you trying to REDEFINE Bible contradictions shown herewith:  https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161062/#Comment_161062

Was Jesus Born in a House or a Manger?                                        https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/160994/#Comment_160994

HOUSE: "On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh." (Matthew 2:11)

MANGER:  "and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." (Luke 2:7)

Your comical and Bible rendition to try and align these two passages where they assumably do not contradict is:  “There is no problem with the two.  While Christmas plays often have the shepherds and Wise Men arriving at the stable, Luke's gospel deals with the arrival of the shepherds at the stable, while Matthew speaks of the Wise Men.”

Wrong Bible fool!  Your garbling mumbo jumbo doesn’t make any sense in the first place because Matthew says HOUSE, and Luke says MANGER! CASE CLOSED! Then when knowing that Matthew and Luke wrote many years apart upon this biblical situation, therefore they did not know what the other one wrote, therefore the explicit as shown contradiction stands Bible dolt!

The Book of Matthew: Most scholars believe the gospel was composed between the range of possibility between AD 70 to 110; a pre-70 date remains a minority view.

The Book of Luke:  The Gospel According to Luke, written in roughly 85 C.E. most likely during the reign of the Roman Emperor Domitian, is known in its earliest form from extensive papyri fragments dating to the early or middle of the third century.

Now, do you want me to Bible Slap you Silly®️ like I just did relative to your embarrassing hermeneutic spin doctoring to the proposition above, to the other said Bible contradictions that I brought forth, where you embarrassed yourself again with your grade-school excuses why those said passages didn’t contradict each other, where when using logic 101 AND READING THEM AS WRITTEN with no Satanic spin doctoring, they do contradict! 

NEXT BIBLE FOOL LIKE “JUST_SAYIN” THAT GIVES THE MOST WEAK RENDITIONS OF WHY THE BIBLE DIDN’T CONTRADICT SAID PASSAGES IN THE TOPIC OF THE POST HEREIN, WILL BE … ?

@JoeKerr
    With all due respect, I believe your bias is clouding your opinion.  Take the first question about Jesus being born in a manger and being visited at a house by the Wise Men.  The two accounts are in different gospels and the text doesn't say that the Wise Men visited Jesus on the day he was born.  There is no contradiction there.  The contradiction only exists in the minds of those with a particular bias.
    @just_sayin
    With all due respect, I believe your bias is clouding your opinion.

Did you really just write that?

@21CenturyIconoclast
    No where in Matthew's account does it say the Wise Men arrived on the day Jesus was born.  In fact, they stopped to see Herod first.  When the Wise men did not return to see Herod, he ordered all male boys 2 and under to be killed in Bethlehem.  That suggests that the Wise men had been on a long journey, and Herod was trying to figure out when the child was born.  Since, Matthew doesn't say the Wise Men visited Jesus on the day of his birth, there is no conflict.  Your bias has falsely created a contradiction that does not exist. A simple Google search would have given you the answer to your question.  Your bias has caused you to fabricate contradictions.

@just_sayin
    No where in Matthew's account does it say the Wise Men arrived on the day Jesus was born.  In fact, they stopped to see Herod first. 

Elrond was there too, apparently. They were discussing strategies to push the orcs out of Mordor.

@just_sayin

just_sayin I am a Bible fool,

HOUSE: "On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh." (Matthew 2:11)

MANGER:  "and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." (Luke 2:7)

The passages above that LITERALLY CONTRADICT each other are now done for discussion with you because of you trying in vain to REWRITE them in front of your serial killer Jesus as God!  (Hebrews 4:13)

In prayer tonight with your baby and infant murderer Jesus, I am sure he will remind you of this verse of his: Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures" .Matthew 22:29

Just_sayin, now run along to a grade-school Religion Forum where you will be more at home with your Bible dumbness, bye, bye!

NEXT BIBLE INEPT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE "JUST_SAYIN" THAT WANTS TO SLAP JESUS IN THE FACE AND TRIES TO REWRITE HIS INSPIRED DIRECT WORDS AS WRITTEN, WILL BE ... ?

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @21CenturyIconoclast I reckon that any one who makes a mess all over the place by putting things in bold and in capitals all over the place has to be an Exstream dufis whose very angry and wants to prove him self because he didn't get any moms milk when he was a baby like yesterday. Any way how can that be possibly be contradictory just because Mary went to a manager because in those days they didn't have Trip advisor and they didn't know every thing was booked out so there for you cant rule that out and the bible was right any way.
  • @21CenturyIconoclast
    Does the best contradiction need to be the most obiouse controdictions?
    I understand the work load you have created for yourself in the preservation of your Lord is great however though far less obviose then the many contracictions of proverbs My questin addressess a Biblical argument of who any lord who is held without cost before GOD might serve.

John 14:6 KJV - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the - Bible Gateway
    John XIV : VI 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (biblehub.com)
    John I: XIVThe Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

MatthewVII: XXI - XXI  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    Acts IV : II  Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 13:38 "Will you lay down your life for Me?" Jesus replied. "Truly, truly, I tell you, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times. (biblehub.com)Proverbs XXVIII : XXVI "He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered."

Has anyone ever thought that maybe Mary cheated on Joseph and Joseph fell for the lie about being god that got her pregnant? so who was Jesus real dad?
    @bjinthirty
    To answer you question, yes others have claimed that Jesus was the result of either a rape or consensual sexual relationship with a Roman soldier, Pantera.  This derisive claim was made by Celsius in about 177 AD and it appears in the Talmud and other Jewish literature that is derogatory of the Christian faith.  The second century myth should not be taken seriously, as it is a late claim, and those who knew Jesus - such as the disciples, and his own brother James, do not support the false claim.
    @just_sayin
    I'm not surprised you seem to like what Matthew says. Is it because he appeared to make things up in
    order to make the event seem much more important?
    Matthew was the only one of the gospel writers who mentioned an earthquake and graves bursting open 
    at the time of the crucifixion. None of the other gospel writers, nor indeed the local population, saw fit to
    mention such an incredible event. Perhaps it just slipped their minds. Really?
    How was it possible for them to forget seeing a crowd of zombies stumbling around the town?
    They didn't. It was all a figment of Matthew's imagination.

Nomenclature
    @JoeKerr
    Is it because he appeared to make things up in order to make the event seem much more important?

@just_sayin spends his entire life making things up to better fit what he wants to believe. Which, when you think about it, is exactly what a child does.

@JoeKerr
    First, since you went out of your way to avoid admitting there is no contradiction in Matthew and Luke's account between the arrival of the shepherds and the later arrival of the Wise Men, I will assume you get the point.

Secondly, it seems hypocritical of you to claim that just because only Matthew's gospel mentions others rising from the dead that it is fake.  After all, all 4 gospels mention that Jesus rose from the dead, and you didn't believe them.  You didn't believe all 4 gospels, why would you care what 1 said? The fact that only Matthew mentions other's rising from the dead is not evidence of the accounts being wrong.  Any investigator will tell you that different eye witnesses will give different details of an event.  There is no contradiction here.  For their to be a contradiction the other gospels would have had to explicitly claim that no others rose from the dead at Jesus' death.

You may be wondering why only Matthew would mention the event.  After all it is an extraordinary one.  The probable reason is due to his purpose and audience.  You have to remember, only Matthew's gospel was primarily written to the Jews.  As such it contains the most allusions to biblical prophecies and spends the most time showing how Jesus fulfilled those prophecies.  Most likely by mentioning the detail of the others brought back to life, Matthew is alluding to Daniel chapter 12 where Daniel suggests that when the Messiah comes some will be raised to life.  The other 3 gospels are written to primarily Greek, Roman, and Hellenistic audiences outside of Jerusalem.  A popular Greek idea was that the body was unclean and therefore the idea of a bodily resurrection would have been a roadblock to the hearers, if in addition to Jesus' resurrection they bring up other people coming back to life, it may have been a distraction to the central message of those gospels..  Do a search on "Gnosticism" to get the background of the issue.  Much in the same way a good writer will focus his story on the most pertinent details, the gospel writers have done so for their accounts.
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @just_sayin
    Secondly, it seems hypocritical of you to claim that just because only Matthew's gospel mentions others rising from the dead that it is fake.  After all, all 4 gospels mention that Jesus rose from the dead, and you didn't believe them.

On the one hand, we have the immutable laws of biology and physics. On the other, we have the two thousand year old rantings of a random drunk called Matthew. It isn't difficult to work out which of those holds more weight. I don't know what is wrong with your mind that you actually believe a man named Jesus rose from the dead, but what I do know is that it isn't fixable. 

The real question to all this would be the same one during Jesus's tenure. Anybody choosing to come forward today or tomorrow claiming what Jesus claimed during his time period, we would ignore em and call em crazy. What we are committing here is blasphemy and unforgiven in heaven. Lets just hope we all get a pass and be judged by the goodness of our hearts when our day comes. I might come off as questioning god sometimes but I shouldnt do it. God is not a tool for entertaining purposes god is sacred. Anyone participating in using god to amuse themselves to others is perhaps doing it the wronf way. There is  o doubt about it and no question about why I am certain god exists. Ive had my personal experience and it is one ill never forget.

God bless
    @bjinthirty
    Jesus's tenure. Anybody choosing to come forward today or tomorrow claiming what Jesus claimed during his time period, we would ignore em and call em crazy. What we are committing here is blasphemy and unforgiven in heaven. Lets just hope we all get a pass and be judged by the goodness of our hearts when our day comes. I might come off as questioning god sometimes but I shouldnt do it.

You're combining two different concepts. God is unlikely. Jesus rising from the dead is physically impossible.

• @Nomenclature
    The Lazarus phenomenon: When the 'dead' come back to life (medicalnewstoday.com)
    After 17 minutes of resuscitation efforts – incorporating CPR, defibrillation, and medication – the man’s vital signs failed to return, and he was pronounced dead. Ten minutes later, his surgeon felt a pulse. He was alive. The man’s operation continued, with a successful outcome.
    Nomenclature
    @John_C_87
    After 17 minutes of resuscitation efforts – incorporating CPR, defibrillation, and medication – the man’s vital signs failed to return, and he was pronounced dead. Ten minutes later, his surgeon felt a pulse. He was alive. The man’s operation continued, with a successful outcome.

Jesus was dead for three days, John. Apples and oranges.

• @Nomenclature

Jesus was dead for three days, John. Apples and oranges.

Jesus was believed dead for three days...........you often say there is no proof or worse logic to believe in the bible so why would you now trying to use the bible as a cite claiming information in question is fact, we are talking apples to apples, and it is the age that any given apple might ripen which is in question in the argument. I am not going to go down this path with you for long as my argument is so far past you in the blasphemy line it is not even funny. It is also way more alarming in many senses of the word when describing the ideas of truth and whole truth in scripture and proverb.

Nomenclature
    @John_C_87
    Jesus was believed dead for three days...........you often say there is no proof or worse logic to believe in the bible so why would you now trying to use the bible as a cite claiming information

Why are you trying to compare a modern medical resuscitation using CPR, defibrillation and medication, to a story about a man who lived 2,000 years ago, died for three days and then came back from the dead?

The real god is the person who came up with the idea of a god and the whole story. Being able to pull off such a stunt and fool so many people in order to strike fear of punishment not from rome but from god when they leave earth. God does exist and he is sacred, I just strongly believe the bible is not the truth. A bunch of grown men writing about another man. They were bored out of their minds so what better to do than to entertain themselves.  Rome even built the Coliseum to entertain because it keeps people happy and functioning society.

The real story of god is within us. It flows and circumvents us every day and even when we pass god is still within us. It is the life force energy, it is within you. The real path to heaven isnt religion or a bible. The real journey to heaven starts here while you are alive. To reach your highest level of consciousness and see the world clearly and understa d it very well. Read a little about the rosicrucian study and you will find the path to heaven.
  • @Nomenclature

Doesn't matter never mind.

@just_sayin
    I did not go out of my way to avoid commenting about texts that were in agreement with one another.
    In case you hadn't noticed, this debate is about biblical contradictions.
    Yes, people do give varying accounts regarding something they have witnessed, but I cannot believe that 
    anyone would omit seeing graves opening and those long dead leaving the graves to go for a stroll in the neighbourhood.
    The local population also seems to have been unaware of this bizarre event as they made no report of it, which is strange considering
     Matthew claimed it was witnessed by many.
    Getting back to things avoided, it would seem that you have gone out of your way to avoid giving your take on the bible verses
    I presented to you in an earlier post.
    Just to refresh your memory, here they are again.

Ex 33:20       "And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live."
    Gen 32:30     “… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.”
    John 1:18      “No man hath seen God at any time…”

Give it your best shot js
  • @John_C_87

John_C_87 , 

YOUR COMICAL POST IN TRYING SO HARD TO ACCEPT JESUS RISING FROM THE DEAD: "The Lazarus phenomenon: When the 'dead' come back to life (medicalnewstoday.com). After 17 minutes of resuscitation efforts – incorporating CPR, defibrillation, and medication – the man’s vital signs failed to return, and he was pronounced dead. Ten minutes later, his surgeon felt a pulse. He was alive. The man’s operation continued, with a successful outcome."

Now, take your laughable situation in your quote above to someone being in the situation of your serial killer Jesus, in being 3 DAYS DEAD, where the body is bloating because of the internal organs are rotting away, as the smell of this event starts to show itself, then Jesus arises? LOL!  Can you imagine Jesus walking around in a zombie state where his body is still rotting away for being DEAD FOR DAYS?

Pseudo-christians like you always give such great laughs to the rational thinking of humanity!

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE "JOHN_C_87" THAT WANTS TO GIVE A VERY POOR EXAMPLE TO PROVE THAT JESUS AROSE FROM THE DEAD IN THE STATE OF HIS BODY WAS BEFORE HIS DEATH WILL BE ... ?

@21CenturyIconoclast

Sorry you have me confused with Nomenclature. I am not Christian while my understanding of GOD is not religious and under no condition is or will Jesus ever be that Nonreligious God. Remember, I find the Bible to only describe Jesus as a satanic figure much like lucifer. I had even taken the time to cite parts of the Bible which by your request describe Jesus by self-proclamation breaking a commandment. Sorry the fact remains I understand Jesus to have been guilty of the crime he had been executed for, and other sins such as breaking one of the commandments. The Bible is full of all kinds of documentation god had been taken in vain by Jesus.

@John_C_87

Sorry, you gave off the notion of being a pseudo-christian. It is too bad this forum doesn't have a biography page to go to about each member and their beliefs.
    Argument Topic: "Face to face" is an idiomatic expression, not to be understood literally

@JoeKerr
    You should have read the entire section in Exodus.  It would have helped clear up the issue for you.

Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend... - Exodus 33:11 ESV

"But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.” - Exodus 33:20 ESV

The expression "face to face" is an idiomatic expression.  It isn't meant to be taken literally.  Anthropomorphic language is sometimes used in the Bible to help the reader identify with God, but God is a spirit and not confined to a physical body.  For instance, Psalms, says:

He will cover you with his feathers,
        and under his wings you will find refuge;
        his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. - Psalms 91:4 NIV

That doesn't mean that God is a chicken or bird.  It is merely anthropomorphic language and no one who heard the Bible in ancient times would have mistakenly thought that God looked like a chicken.  

Sometimes God has taken on a human like appearance (called theophanies), but not shown His true self, or sent angels to represent Himself.  But as the Bible repeatedly states God is a spirit.  That's why the people weren't suppose to make an idol representing Him in the 10 commandments, because He isn't limited to physical shape or form.  So the passage in Exodus 33 is communicating a message that God's true image is beyond our ability to fully perceive and comprehend.  That's why you will find over and over in the Bible the message repeated that no one has truly seen God's true face, like as in 

who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen. - 1 Timothy 6:16 NIV 

Those who wrote the Bible and those who heard it, understood this about who God truly is.
    @just_sayin
    You should have read the entire section in Exodus.

Nope. Lord of the Rings is much better. It has elves in it, for starters. No elves in the Bible. It's inferior fiction.

Argument Topic: Nomenclature loves religious fiction

@Nomenclature
    Hey, I'm not Catholic but I wanted to share this quote with you from J.R.R.Tolkien:

“The Lord of the Rings' is of course a fundamentally religious and Catholic work; unconsciously so at first, but consciously in the revision. "

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

MayCaesar,

Oh, this one is not very hard. One quote: "And a man who injures his countryman – as he has done, so it shall be done to him [namely,] fracture under/for fracture, eye under/for eye, tooth under/for tooth. Just as another person has received injury from him, so it will be given to him." (Lev. 24:19–21). Another one: "Treat others just as you want to be treated." (Luke 6:31) These two seem incompatible, unless one assumes that everyone who injures his countryman wants to be injured - which would be a fairly preposterous assumption. I am open to the idea of this assumption being true (one who holds it would have a hell of a work to do to justify it though), but if it is not true, then the logic is crystal clear: these two statements contradict each other, and both are found in the Bible.

You are not looking at this passage the correct way. Notice that the verse says to treat others just as you want to be treated. That does not mean people will treat others the way they want to be treated. Jesus is just giving a rule of life we are to live by. This is a command, but that does not mean we will always follow it. I do not believe somebody who injures someone wants to be injured but the passage says ‘Treat others how you want to be treated’, not ‘Everybody treats others how they want to be treated’ or ‘The way you treat others is the way you want to be treated. I hope this helps!

My point is, it is impossible to follow both commandments at the same time as they contradict each other. It is like having a law that punishes you for doing X and also punishes you for not doing X. It is a fundamental contradiction in the moral ruleset the book prescribes, and the fact that no one actually is going to duly follow that ruleset does not negate the contradiction.
    @MayCaesar
    Comandments are not a proverb and honor is not proverbs.
    @just_sayin

Just_sayin, I am bible ,

YOUR BIBLE QUOTE: “ …. but God is a spirit and not confined to a physical body.” https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161191/#Comment_161191

To easily prove you wrong AGAIN where in fact your serial killer god has a physical body, why didn’t you bring forth the entire passage of Exodus 33:20-23 where not only your god has a physical body, but LITERALLY TALKED to Moses as well as "person to person" saying:

"But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.” Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock.When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

In simpler terms to the above passage, your god has a physical body with a face, hand and a “backside, get it Bible fool?  Do you want to continue in rewriting the Bible in vain with ProudToBeCatholic’s way of doing it with ungodly EISIGENSIS?

Another heads up for your bible ignorance and stupidity, is the FACT that Jesus is the one God (1 Timothy 2:5), and obviously had a face in the New Testament writings that everyone had seen!  Therefore, do you want to use your feeble notion of using an "idiomatic expression" to say Jesus really didn’t have a face as god?  LOL!

You get more bible dumber with every post you make upon this Religion forum.

@21CenturyIconoclast
    I did say in my previous post:

Sometimes God has taken on a human like appearance (called theophanies), but not shown His true self, or sent angels to represent Himself.

This is the case in Exodus 33.  It can also be seen in places like Genesis where Jacob wrestles with God all night.  The Jews, Christians and even Muslims have always understood this to be examples of God taking on human appearance but that it did not reflect his true self or face.  This doesn't appear to be a contradiction to me, but more of an instance where you are willing to twist a Bible passage in such a way that no one who has ever believed the Bible has ever believed.

@just_sayin
    Jacob wrestles with God all night

Did they lather themselves up first? Or was it completely non-gay?

JoeKerr