frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Does Marijuana legalization,

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    https://www.projectknow.com/5-tragic-cases-of-drug-fueled-child-abuse/

"Inside the black hole of drug abuse, our vision is warped. We see things that aren’t there. We don’t see things that are right in front of us. We lose perspective and no longer know what we are capable of.

In this place of darkness, effective parenting isn’t tough - it’s impossible."

"Parenting Under the Influence

Deep within this chasm of drug abuse and addiction, parents can no longer be of service to their children. Under the influence, they may fool themselves into thinking they are doing “okay,” but this is light years from true. What’s right in front of them is that their children are in grave danger. What they don’t see is that, in the presence of drug use, good parenting is gone. What’s left is pain, neglect, and sometimes, death.

No longer capable of properly parenting, moms and dads under the influence are, instead, capable of the unthinkable:"

"Case #1   Drug Trade: Toddler for Cocaine

In Alabama, 24-year-old Shaunetta Wright was arrested after trading her son to her dealer as payment for drugs. According to reports, Wright approached her dealer with no money. She offered him her child as collateral – just until her welfare check came in at the first of the month. At the time, her toddler was screaming in pain. Why? Wright had allowed her boyfriend to etch a full chest tattoo across his torso. Mom was showing off the new tat to the dealer as she worked on her trade.

Taking compassion on the child, the dealer accepted the trade, took the child in and applied Neosporin and ice packs, then called the police to get the boy help.

Case #2   Death Ride: Car Seat Doesn’t Stop OD

A police officer in Ohio likely saved a four-year-old’s life after pulling over a swerving Ford Explorer. Up front were two very high adults, one of them the child’s mother. When the Explorer screeched to a stop by a school bus, the officer approached. He immediately noticed the driver’s head bobbing and found his speech to be nearly indecipherable. The officer also saw a woman slumped over in the passenger seat, unconscious and unresponsive. The two were in the throes ofheroin overdose.

That’s when the officer noticed a 4-year-old in the back seat. Paramedics revived the two adults with Narcan and took them to the hospital - both face criminal charges. The young boy was placed in county children’s services. With drug use in their lives, it's impossible for parents to focus on their children like they should.

Case #3   Naked in the Streets: Where Were Mom and Dad?

Police in Tulsa received a call that a child was running naked in the street. They soon picked up the 3-year-old and immediately started a search for his parents. Moments later, a sleepy-eyed babysitter emerged from a nearby home to tell police a child was missing. Authorities quickly confirmed this "missing" child was, in fact, the same naked and roaming 3-year-old. Upon entering the house to speak with the child’s parents, officers smelled (and saw) marijuana and drug paraphernalia. A warranted search revealed marijuana plants growing in the bedroom and a stolen 9mm firearm.

While these stories don’t exactly have happy endings, at least there is hope for the children involved. Their stories end better than the following:

Case #4   Meth Camper: Lethal Surroundings

When a couple from New Hampshire called 911 to report an unconscious infant, the end result was nothing short of tragic. Upon entering the couple's camper, authorities found a tiny infant who was no longer breathing. The baby boy was rushed to the hospital, where he was soon pronounced dead. Police said a 2-year-old child was also living in the trailer.

Officers on the scene noticed drug paraphernalia scattered about the camper and obtained a search warrant. They found packages of methamphetamine and evidence of drug sales. The couple faces charges for drug possession and endangering the welfare of a child. No charges have been filed in connection with the death of the infant, but the investigation is still open.

Case #5   Heroin Nap: She Never Woke Up

Two parents in Utah were arrested after their one-year-old daughter died from heroin ingestion. Police reported that Mom called 911 when she found the child unresponsive after putting her down for a nap. The child was taken to the hospital, where she waspronounced dead. It was discovered she had ingested enough heroin to kill an adult. Police found enough evidence to establish probable cause that Mom and Dad were responsible for their death of their child.

The Innocent Victims of Addiction

Here's the truth of the matter: It’s children who pay the price when their parents abuse drugs.

Did any of these parents think they would lose their child? Probably not. Do similar stories occur every day across the country? Yes. Will these stories shake parents to their core and prevent future substance abuse? We can only hope."

• Why don't you call your local law enforcement, and present to them your below question? 

It’s self-evident truth they do share the burden of lethal force equally.

Where's your legitimate evidence, to support, your self rationalized claim? You are not having a trial. I do not have to address the question of why you are not part of the religion. As that is a different way to address your question.

The idea of substance abuse does not vindicate the narcotic classification of marijuana and the idea it is appropriate to have the public vote a doctors licensed authority to prescribe narcotics. Narcotics are governed under patent law so a validity for regulation on substance exists.

Because free publicity, makes for a slick way to push their legalization of recreational weed legalization, right? 

The truth is marijuana rope as a swing to play on is legal. Today is Orthodox Easter, Happy Easter.

• A united state which describe marijuana illegal does not exist. So, to tell anyone a legalization must take place is a lie.  The Drug War is the use of Drugs as a 2nd Amendment weapon brought to bear against citizens of the United States of America and other Nations. people who simply may be participating in a free religion that has a cost set upon it to cover expense to take control of the free religion taking place . The civil War for some time now has applied legal force by taking private land that may, or may not be connected to money earned through illegal narcotic sales. Marijuana as a narcotic may just be a legal malpractice by civil argument

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Buddy, do you ever read people's responses, or do you just keep posting blindly the same arguments over and over until people give up on responding to you because a two-sided communication with you is not happening?

Here are a few things to consider.

1. I do not think there is anyone on this planet who does not think that marijuana has no negative effects. There are people, however, who do not believe that, just because it does, it should be restricted. Some of us believe that it is not up to us to decide what other people do with their lives. When they take action that directly harms us, we judge them for that action. But we do not judge them for smoking marijuana which may or may not lead to that action. That make sense?
    2. You keep conveniently shifting the responsibility for things based on what is politically convenient. You always vehemently oppose the claims that religion is responsible for religious people committing crimes, but you have no problem blaming marijuana consumption for marijuana consumers committing crimes - why?
    3. Have you ever heard of studies suggesting that marijuana can also have positive effects on people, including their ability to parent their children? For some, it can be a great stress reliever, and parents able to relieve stress is an extremely important aspect of parenting.

You seem to belong to that overwhelming majority of people in the US who stand by positions, not principles. Your positions logically contradict each other, but since they are promoted by many followers of your religion, you manage to reconcile them in your head, ignoring all the contradictions.

Do I believe that it is better to not smoke marijuana than to smoke it? Yes, I oppose consumption of all substances altering one's state with the purpose of altering one's state alone. Do I believe that it being the case alone justifies restrictions imposed on consumption of such drugs? Not one bit. Because, just like you claim to, I put the responsibility for people's actions on them, not on the tools they may use to assist them.

I do not blame drugs for crimes committed under drug influence. I do not blame guns for murders committed by shooters. I do not blame a belt full of explosives for a terrorist blowing themselves up in the middle of a public street.
    You have no problem having the same position when it comes to religion, because religion, apparently, matters a lot in your life. And that is reasonable. If only you logically continued your position to other fields...
    PlaffelvohfenMajoMILSdlGMGV
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

Are you suggesting that a parent's marijuana use, helps those parents be better parents, by being high on weed, and raising their kids at the same time?

If that might be the probable case, do you view those parents who aren't raising their kids, while high on weed, are maybe faulty parents? 

"Have you ever heard of studies suggesting that marijuana can also have positive effects on people, including their ability to parent their children? For some, it can be a great stress reliever, and parents able to relieve stress is an extremely important aspect of parenting."

Here's how I view your below comment:

I think that when the weed using parents are using their weed around their kids, or are raising their kids while high on weed, is bordering on child abuse, or neglect, via a parent's recreational or medical weed use, by exposing their kids to their weed use? 

"You seem to belong to that overwhelming majority of people in the US who stand by positions, not principles. Your positions logically contradict each other, but since they are promoted by many followers of your religion, you manage to reconcile them in your head, ignoring all the contradictions."

I'm pro kid, or child, I'm pro family, and I'm pro law abiding.

And I dont get how raising a kid, or kids, around a parent's recreational weed use, could be viewed as pro kid, child, or pro family, or pro law abiding, for that matter? 

So you may view the above points of view logically contradicting each other, but wouldn't a parent's recreational or medical weed use, around their kids under the same roof, be in direct conflict with the laws making recreational and medical weed use legal, because of their illegal uses of their weed, around their kids? 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited April 2019
    @MayCaesar

"I do not blame drugs for crimes committed under drug influence. I do not blame guns for murders committed by shooters. I do not blame a belt full of explosives for a terrorist blowing themselves up in the middle of a public street.
    You have no problem having the same position when it comes to religion, because religion, apparently, matters a lot in your life. And that is reasonable. If only you logically continued your position to other fields..."

I'm pro athiest, pro theist, and pro religious, being that any of the above, are all voluntary choices, made by those individual, individuals, yes, or no? 

I don't believe that any victim, volunteered to be victimized by their criminal, or offender victimizers, who may have been under the influence of weed, (Medicinal, or recreational), meth, heroin, Opioids, cocaine, rock cocaine, PCP, LSD, or maybe an illegal abused mixture of prescribed drugs, yes or no?

If the drug addict, wasn't high at the time that they were victimizing their unvolunteering victims, maybe the drug addict, wouldn't have victimized their victims to begin with, yes or no? 

I don't believe that any victim, who was victimized by a shooters gun violence brutality, volunteered to be victimized by the shooters gun violence brutality, yes, or no?

Maybe if a lawful, or an illegal gun owner, didn't go about, abusing the Bill of Rights, by abusing the Second Amendment, through their gun violence crimes, maybe those shooters, wouldn't have victimized their victims to begin with, yes, or no?

I don't believe that any victim, volunteered to be victimized by a terrorists suicidal choices, volunteered to be victimized by the terrorists suicidal actions either, yes, or no? 

And if some want to use Religion and manipulate it for their own selfish causes, and then to have others, blame religion, for a human being, being inhumane to other human beings, by using Religion to victimize, their victims with, is the truth, isn't it, yes, or no?

Because, I have yet, to still see one legal courtroom case, (from any anti religious individual) where religion was found guilty of a crime that an inhumane human, committed, and religion, was found guilty of the same crime, thst was committed by any victimizer?

One case, where religion was found guilty, right along with the victimizer at the same time, in the same courtroom case? 

Then it appear that (I'm guessing,) that you are maybe pro, criminal, pro illegal alien, or immigrant, while maybe being either anti law, or anti public, because of the peculiar choices, of the words in the above argument from you?

PlaffelvohfenMajoMILSdlGMGV
  • The weed addicts who have made it a lifestyle career choice, to chase their weed addictions since they were kids, way before weed was legalized.

Marijuana has never been in a united state of illegal.

Point is, sugar kills more people each year than cannabis has throughout history... Why are you not petitioning to ban sugar, as it is demonstrably more dangerous?"

Marijuana kills by use of noose as rope. It is disease which may kill people by use of sugar or marijuana.

Are you a supporter of the weed smoking parents, who use their illegal, and legal weed. around their kids? Weigh very carefully the basic principle you are testing publicly, it describes an act of slavery as children are set by your words as property of a state, not parent. Whereas children are collected and held. A civil argument of classifying marijuana as narcotic is wrong by how narcotic is sets a relationship to patent law and patent protection.

Where might the truth, in your arguments exist?) You are fighting a Civil War and are not following a realistic burden of civil reasonability. Your prejudice has left your better judgment blurred. The burden of general welfare is in the human consumption of marijuana. For it is consumed and should be regulated cause of the issues of tampering or contamination in the growing and packing for distribution. Changing the rating of type drug does not affect regulation of where and when and substance is taken. However, when placing marijuana in the same category as narcotic, we take side in a war which profits by polluting or adding narcotic to marijuana, the civil burden in a Drug War a Civil War by constitutional separation cannot be generalized in its ammunition legally. This principle may take some time to sink in and be understood clearly. It is not  necessarily a basic principle.

• Because, I have yet, to still see one legal courtroom case, (from any anti religious individual) where religion was found guilty of a crime that an inhumane human, committed, and religion, was found guilty of the same crime, thst was committed by any victimizer?

Yes, you have seen court cases were religion was found guilty and the religion held accountable. Almost every medical malpractice case meets that specification. A doctor is really condition to a state of inhuman as they address an overall public practice beyond the general understanding of most humans. All patients are victimizers and victim.
    @John_C_87

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynolds_v._United_States

"Reynolds v. United States, 98 U.S. 145 (1878), was a Supreme Court of the United States case that held that religious duty was not a defense to a criminal indictment.[1] Reynolds was the first Supreme Court opinion to address the First Amendment's protection of religious liberties, impartial juries and the Confrontation Clauses of the Sixth Amendment."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_leaders_convicted_of_crimes

"List of religious leaders convicted of crimes

This is a list of religious leaders who have been convicted of serious crimes before, during or after their period as a religious leader."

(You'll notice an obvious trend, not once, with the above incidences, was religion found guilty, along with some of the above individuals and their crimes.)

Where is your legitimate evidence, to support your argument? 

From maybe, CNN, MSNBC, OAN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, Fox News, Court TV, or YouTube? 

Where are your links? 

"Yes, you have seen court cases were religion was found guilty and the religion held accountable. Almost every medical malpractice case meets that specification. A doctor is really condition to a state of inhuman as they address an overall public practice beyond the general understanding of most humans. All patients are victimizers and victim."
    Plaffelvohfen
  • A religious duty by notice of Supreme Court is not a First Amendment identification of religion without cost or self-value, our ambition is addressing Civil War and you are citing criminal accusation. You are welcome to address our acknowledgement of religious control as a united state, however it is not my religious control. It is our religious control which describes why a separation of church and state by impartial judicial proceedings can be essential in whole truth. I am simply a witness to which understandings of religions can be tied to marijuana is someway under impartial principle. In basic principle this idea can be shared as a united state by simple stating a truth like incense is used in religious ceremony in general.

The basic principle in Civil War was the use of Narcotic as weapon for the gain of land and money.  The use of marijuana as a religion meaning without applied cost or self-value is not sold for intent of intentional harm or death. This is an introduction of medical findings of disease as a result of multiple cause sharing a dangerous effect on health in general.

You applied cost is a risk to your health by second hand smoke as it applies to Civil liberty and application of law in constitutional order. Unless you are openly claiming Presidency in military command of representation before United States Constitution on behalf of all men.  This would include those who served in the public as the Drug War is a Civil War.

Summarizing.

We are to play a civil game of word chess where you prove marijuana is not in threat from narcotic contamination, while I direct  a ‘history of precedent of laws which allowed cancer causing chemicals that are non-narcotic to be used publicly in many items including soda, tabaco, and toothpastes by legislation.

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

I get it now, you're just anti-freedom and pro-fascism... Glad we settled that! 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

What's wrong, did you maybe find an issue with the below points of view?

I'm pro athiest, pro theist, and pro religious, being that any of the above, are all voluntary choices, made by those individual, individuals, yes, or no? 

I don't believe that any victim, volunteered to be victimized by their criminal, or offender victimizers, who may have been under the influence of weed, (Medicinal, or recreational), meth, heroin, Opioids, cocaine, rock cocaine, PCP, LSD, or maybe an illegal abused mixture of prescribed drugs, yes or no?

If the drug addict, wasn't high at the time that they were victimizing their unvolunteering victims, maybe the drug addict, wouldn't have victimized their victims to begin with, yes or no? 

I don't believe that any victim, who was victimized by a shooters gun violence brutality, volunteered to be victimized by the shooters gun violence brutality, yes, or no?

Maybe if a lawful, or an illegal gun owner, didn't go about, abusing the Bill of Rights, by abusing the Second Amendment, through their gun violence crimes, maybe those shooters, wouldn't have victimized their victims to begin with, yes, or no?

I don't believe that any victim, volunteered to be victimized by a terrorists suicidal choices, volunteered to be victimized by the terrorists suicidal actions either, yes, or no? 

And if some want to use Religion and manipulate it for their own selfish causes, and then to have others, blame religion, for a human being, being inhumane to other human beings, by using Religion to victimize, their victims with, is the truth, isn't it, yes, or no?

Care to comment on the above, or just retread your below rhetoric, again? 

"I get it now, you're just anti-freedom and pro-fascism... Glad we settled that!"

@TKDB

I get it now, you're just anti-freedom and pro-fascism... Glad we settled that! 
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Where is your proof, to support your individualized ideological rhetoric?

Here's my proof, in which Religion, wasn't found guilty of any crimes, but the criminals were found guilty of their crimes, regardless of your rhetoric:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynolds_v._United_States

"Reynolds v. United States, 98 U.S. 145 (1878), was a Supreme Court of the United States case that held that religious duty was not a defense to a criminal indictment.[1] Reynolds was the first Supreme Court opinion to address the First Amendment's protection of religious liberties, impartial juries and the Confrontation Clauses of the Sixth Amendment."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_leaders_convicted_of_crimes

"List of religious leaders convicted of crimes

This is a list of religious leaders who have been convicted of serious crimes before, during or after their period as a religious leader."

(You'll notice an obvious trend, not once, with the above incidences, was religion found guilty, along with some of the above individuals and their crimes.)

Where is your legitimate evidence, to support your argument? 

From maybe, CNN, MSNBC, OAN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, Fox News, Court TV, or YouTube? 

Where are your links, where are they John? 
    @Plaffelvohfen

Where is your evidence, other than the rhetoric, that your mindfully channelling through your keyboard?

Or are you maybe afraid to actually debate, from behind, your frightened words:?

"I get it now, you're just anti-freedom and pro-fascism... Glad we settled that!"
    TKDB said:
    @Plaffelvohfen

Where is your evidence, other than the rhetoric, that your mindfully channelling through your keyboard?

Or are you maybe afraid to actually debate, from behind, your frightened words:?

And where are your evidence? 

Plenty of articles, that you can reach out to, and challenge the individual authors, with your anti-freedom & pro-fascism philosophy, and debate them? 
    Maybe even invite them to this very forum, and debate them here as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNT8Zo_sfwo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvwASmdTEOI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvLhSqQ5ip8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcuZ3C9Q3Jg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSfMDUKfylo

50 Unexpected Benefits of Cannabis (you might not know)

Has this plant enhanced your life? You're not alone.

It comes as no shock to anyone who knows cannabis that this is a valuable plant with a lot of benefits.

As we bring this plant out of the dark and into the light, it continues to blow our minds – just how great the benefits of cannabis actually are!

We are talking about benefits to public health, to the economy, and to each and every person who develops a positive relationship with this therapeutic plant.

Here are 50 emerging benefits of cannabis that will no doubt inspire further research:

The Health Benefits of Cannabis

1. It Could Help You Lose Weight

If you’re an avid Green Flower reader, then you’re already aware that cannabis users have been shown to be slimmer, on average, than non-users. That’s because cannabis helps the body regulate insulin production, and manage caloric intake more efficiently.

2. It Appears to Help Regulate and Prevent Diabetes

Because cannabis helps regulate body weight, it only makes sense that it would help prevent and regulate Diabetes. Again, you can thank the herb’s ability to regulate insulin production for this medical breakthrough.

3. It Fights Cancer

This is the big one that everybody’s been talking about. Both scientists and the federal government have released a good amount of evidence showing that cannabinoids fight certain types of cancer. It doesn’t get much more substantial than that.

4. It Can Help Depression

Research is important, but so are the voices and smiles of those whom cannabis actually helps!

Depression is one of the more widespread, yet least talked about medical conditions in America. And research is showing that cannabis can help relieve people.

“Using compounds derived from cannabis — marijuana — to restore normal endocannabinoid function could potentially help stabilize moods and ease depression,” said Samir Haj-Dahmane, who is spearheading the research at Buffalo University – research that is only just now beginning to ramp up.

5. It’s Showing Promise in Treating Autism

Like many other high-profile disorders, autism may be a prime target for cannabis-based treatments. Science is digging into it, but in the meantime, some parents are using it to help manage violent mood swings in autistic children.

6. It Provides a Safer Alternative to Other Drugs and Alcohol

Cannabis can be harmful if you use it irresponsibly, but it’s nowhere near as destructive as alcohol for example. With wider availability, cannabis can and will become a substance of choice – and likely save a lot of lives (and livers) in the process.

7. It Helps Regulate Seizures for a lot of People

Using medical cannabis to regulate seizures is another one of the more high-profile findings coming out of medical science. For folks with disorders like Epilepsy, cannabis is showing immense promise.

8. CBD Can Apparently Help Broken Bones Heal Faster

Science shows us how CBD can help broken bones grow back faster and stronger.

Can you believe that cannabis can actually mend broken bones? It’s true, as CBD evidently reacts chemically with collagen, spurring along the healing process. Another very exciting find.

9. It's Helping People with ADHD

For those with serious trouble concentrating, or who have children suffering from ADD or ADHD, cannabis might be the treatment you’ve been waiting for. It’s safer and more effective than medications like Ritalin or Adderall.

10. It Can Help Treat Serious Addictions

We already mentioned that cannabis can be a viable, safer alternative to substances like alcohol and tobacco, but did you know that it can also be used as a treatment for addictions to these substances, and more? Individuals addicted to serious drugs like heroin, opiates, and cocaine, are showing promise in ridding themselves of their addictions through cannabis therapy.

Of course, it’s entirely possible to develop a dependency to marijuana, also – so responsible and mindful use is key.

11. It Treats Glaucoma

One of the first big medical issue that cannabis was shown to effectively treat is glaucoma. Ingesting cannabis helps lower the pressure in the eyeball, giving patients at least temporary relief.

12. It Can Improve Lung Health

You probably never saw this one coming – especially since pot is commonly associated with smoking, and smoking with chronic lung problems. But some conditions, including lung cancer and Emphysema, have been shown to regress when cannabis is thrown into the mix.

13. It Helps Anxiety in Correct Doses

Be careful. Too much cannabis can make your anxiety worse.

Fact: cannabis can actually cause anxiety but there are ways to potentially avoid that. And it’s also true that for many people, cannabis can help alleviate anxiety disorders.

14. It Appears to Slow the Development of Alzheimer’s Disease

Cognitive degeneration is pretty much unavoidable as we age, and Alzheimer’s disease falls under that umbrella. The good news is that studies are showing cannabis can stop the progression of Alzheimer’s, which may lead to longer, richer lives for millions.

15. It Helps M.S. Patients

Cannabis helps alleviate many of the symptoms associated with Multiple Sclerosis, most notably the tremors, spasms, and pain.

16. It Can Relieve Muscle Spasms

We’ve mentioned M.S. and seizures, but general muscle spasms are an ailment that affect millions. Cannabis can help calm those muscles, stop them from twitching, and deal with the pain associated with spasms.

17. It Could Help with Eating Disorders

A common use for medical cannabis is to help regulate eating patterns. Whether you eat too much, or too little, cannabis can help. This is especially helpful for people suffering from disorders like Bulimia and Anorexia.

18. It Relieves Arthritis

Cannabis can offer serious relief for arthritis.

Another common ailment that cannabis is used to treat is arthritis. The THC and CBD – as well as other cannabinoids – help sufferers deal with the pain, especially when using quality cannabis creams and balms.

19. It’s Helpful for Those with PTSD

With so many veterans in need of effective treatments for PTSD after the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the discovery that cannabis is a viable option is fantastic news. Now, the trick is to get the VA and doctors to actually prescribe it.

And of course not all PTSD is combat-related. All sorts of traumatic experiences can put that fight-or-flight response into overdrive, and cannabis is the only medication to address that.

20. It Could Help Regulate Your Metabolism

We touched on how cannabis helps your body process and deal with food, and obesity. This plays into how it also helps maintain and regulate your metabolism. That not only means sticking to an ideal weight level but generally being healthier and happier!

21. It Helps People with AIDS/HIV

Cannabis can’t directly cure the AIDS virus, but it can and does help those living with it cope. Specifically, cannabis helps those living with AIDS/HIV maintain their diets and handle associated pains and aches.

22. It’s Proved Effective for Treating Nausea

Next up on our list of marijuana facts: nausea. This is a relatively common feeling, and one that is brought on by any number of things. Some people live with constant bouts on a daily basis, and as you can imagine, it can be debilitating. How does cannabis come into the picture? Chemical compounds in cannabis react with brain receptors to regulate feelings of nausea. This is a particular boon for chemotherapy patients (see #27).

23. It’s an Alternative Treatment for Headaches

You know you could potentially treat that headache with a non-psychoactive cannabis product?

Lots of people experience headaches every day, and taking the typical medicines – be it acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil) – can take its toll on your body, leading to ulcers, liver damage, and other complications. Cannabis offers a natural alternative, and one that won’t chew threw your stomach lining.

24. It Looks the Herb Can Treat Certain STDs

It’s true – cannabis has been found to be at least somewhat effective in the treatment of a handful of sexually transmitted diseases, including herpes and chlamydia.

25. It Could Help with Speech Problems

If you, or someone you know, has an issue with stuttering, cannabis can help. Research is by and large still lacking, but in the same way that cannabis helps calm spasms and twitches, those with speech problems can potentially benefit from its effects.

26. It Can Improve Skin Conditions

Who would’ve thought that cannabis could be a viable treatment option for skin conditions like eczema? The only issue? Smoking won’t do much good, as smoking actually harms your skin. A quality cannabis topical, on the other hand, can do wonders.

27. It Can Help You Get Through Chemotherapy

This is another extremely popular use for medical cannabis. Those suffering from cancers and its treatments – like chemotherapy – have found comfort in cannabis’s soothing effects.

28. It Could Help with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Those living with OCD might also use cannabis as a therapeutic option. CBD, which effectively regulates anxiety to some extent, is the main active ingredient which helps those with OCD get a handle on the disorder – and live more functional lives.

29. Cannabis Can Calm Asthma Attacks

Some forms of cannabis act as a bronchodilator.

You probably never saw this one coming. Cannabis and asthma? They’re apparently compatible, or so says science. Again, it has to do with cannabinoid receptors which help control coughing fits as well as the herb’s ability to act as a bronchodilator. Smoking is obviously not the best method of delivery here, as that will likely only make things worse.

30. It Can Replace Viagra for Some Men

How about a natural cure for erectile dysfunction? This is another one of the many benefits of marijuana. No more hiding that Viagra in the back of the medicine cabinet, merely stick to cannabis. The research is ongoing, but there is evidence that cannabis can help men overcome this frustrating issue.

31. It Can Lower Your Blood Pressure

Smoking and low blood pressure are rarely synonymous. Thankfully there are several other ways to ingest cannabis, which can help with hypertension and other blood pressure issues. Although if you have serious heart issues, caution is advised because we still have a lot to learn about cannabis and the heart.

32. It’ll Calm Your Panic Attacks in Proper Doses

As mentioned, calming anxiety is one of cannabis’s more sought-after effects. As a result, it can help people control panic attacks. Of course, it’ll depend on several physical factors, and what specific strains you use.

The Economic Benefits of Cannabis

33. It Can Be Used as a Food Source

Despite the fact that cannabis is hard to find at your local grocery store, throughout history, it’s been a dietary staplefor many civilizations. Hemp has often been cultivated as a source of protein, and even today is used to create protein powders, or seeds can be purchased for consumption. On a large production scale, hemp can feed a lot of hungry people if prohibitive laws are overturned.

34. It Makes for an Attractive Investment

Want to make green, from green? Lots of venture capitalists are starting to see the explosive potential in the cannabis industry, and as a result, are dumping money into cannabis-based startups and businesses. Cannabis capital summitsare even popping up, attracting investors and entrepreneurs.

35. It Can Help Fight Climate Change

If we are able to get large-scale cannabis farms into production, it could help curb emissions, and fight climate change. This would happen through a number of ways, from providing more carbon-absorbing plants across vast farmlands, to trading off emission-producing animal farms for greener, cleaner cannabis grows.

36. It Creates Jobs

The creation of literally tens of thousands of jobs in the wake of legalization in places like Colorado and Washington is hard to ignore. And in an economy that has been in slow-recovery mode since 2009, looking at any opportunity to add more jobs can’t be overlooked.

37. It Generates Revenue for Schools and Public Health Programs

More money for schools is a great thing.

Instead of having money funnel into the hands of low-level street dealers, or even cartels on the other side of the border, legal marijuana markets are putting money to work in local communities through tax revenue. Marijuana is now supplying millions to schools and public health programs, among other things.

38. Legalizing Cannabis is Getting People Out of Jail

A big point of contention in the U.S. recently has been the large rate of incarceration, and the amount of money flowing to the prison industrial complex. Legalization is clearing out prisons, and freeing up time and resources for law enforcement.

39. It’s Creating New Industries

We mentioned that cannabis is creating a lot of jobs, and that’s because it’s creating new industries which house them. Cultivation, processing, sales outlets – there are numerous facets to the cannabis industry, and as legalization spreads, it’ll continue to grow.

40. It Lowers Crime Rates

Yes, making a previously illegal product legal lowers the crime rate – but it goes deeper than that. Numbers show that states in post-legalization status are seeing drops in crime, and perhaps most importantly, violent crime.

41. It Leads to Safer Roads

Traffic deaths have gone down in Colorado after legalization, which is fantastic news. This could be due to the substitution effect, people choosing pot over alcohol.

42. It Makes Law Enforcement Cheaper and Easier

Law authorities shouldn't waste their time with cannabis. Why would they?

In legalized states, police no longer need to spend time chasing marijuana offenders, which also clears up the courtrooms for more serious cases. This makes things easier for everybody, and cheaper for the tax payers.

How Cannabis Can Improve Your Daily Life

43. It Can Keep Your Pets Healthy

Cannabis, in some forms, can make for a healthy supplement for your pets. And for animals that are sick, or living with chronic pain, cannabis-based treats can offer some relief.

44. It Can Stop Nightmares

Plagued by bad dreams? Try cannabis before you hit the sack, and see if it makes a difference. For some people, it’s doing the trick. For others, particularly those with PTSD, it can also eliminate dreams completely. The reason, it turns out, is that cannabis impacts REM sleep – the part of the cycle during which you dream.

45. It Can Bring Your Energy Levels up

A lot of people are tired. But a small subset of individuals suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – a disorder that is effectively treated with certain cannabis compounds and strains. Just make sure you’re picking the right ones if you want to avoid fatigue.

46. It’ll Help You Sleep

On the flip side, you can use cannabis to help you get to sleep. Again, though, it’ll depend on what specific strains you’re using, and your physical and psychological makeup. You may have to experiment a bit to get the desired effect.

47. It Can Help You Get Through the Work Day

A lot of people use cannabis to enhance productivity. Too much though could have the opposite effect.

No matter what kind of job you have, cannabis can probably give you a boost in some way – be it mentally or physically. Even consuming after work can be a help. If you do decide to experiment with cannabis at work, be careful not to let things get out of hand. Be mindful of what works and what doesn’t.

And if you’re operating machinery, or driving? Abstain. Better to get high AFTER work.

48. It Can Make You More Productive

If you can get your cannabis regimen just right, productivity could increase significantly. For a lot of people that may be due to the medical benefits gained from cannabis, or the inspiration, or simply because they’re happier. On the other hand, productivity can also take a complete nosedive if you’re not careful.

What we do know is in medical cannabis states employee absenteeism is down.

49. It Could Make You More Creative

Surprise, surprise – cannabis can help you be more creative. There’s still some debate as to how or why this happens, but cannabis does inspire lateral and divergent thinking, an important mindset for innovation and progress.

50. It Can Protect Your Brain

Cannabis as a brain protector? It’s true. Scientists are finding that chemical compounds found in cannabis actually help protect our brains.

Making life horrible for those kids and elders is your fun I gather,? With your anti-freedom pro-fascism philosophy?

MajoMILSdlGMGV
  • Where are your links, where are they John? 

Declaration and address of the Drug War as a united States Civil War is unprecedented. 

To tweak the understanding just a little Anti-liberty and pro-fascism.

Where is your legitimate evidence, to support your argument? Evidence is not required, what we are examining is truth, and whole truth, I am adding to your idea of what a whole truth may be, any link at this time would be incidental to liberty in general, during a Civil War of this nature which has been raging for decades. We address tactical need for battle front.

Where are your links? 

My links. Realistically I must let you find a Medical Malpractice litigation link for the purpose of proving my truth, this in how addition direction can be applied to what you stated, you are in fact capable to find what you say, you in truth cannot locate, understand, and show other, or have not simply ever located.

Posting links as truth does nothing set or direct the whole truth in a civil debate of recognition to all weapons in use in combat of a Drug War. The battle over control of money, property, and human resource as P.O.W is not the battle taking place over narcotic which are distributed for the cause of deliberate harm and addition as chemical dependence.

And yes, you are supplying links that support your truth which can appear to look legitimate. In many ways they are legitimate they just lack a true united state in the Drug War understanding a state of the union must be made.  Though if we address known law enforcement in litigation under way. Current, live, as taking place around us.  At speed. Let’s say a very public case where one person is criminal charged different than others who are involved in the same crime yet not charge equally. The reason for the difference in criminal charge is public admission of guilt, made and taken as co-operation. We can go on to say a bribery charge is shared as united state between two accused people. Yet no criminal accusations have ever been made for violations of child labor laws as a united state which set the principle for any possible bribery to take place. The child labor violation precedent can be applied to training and co-ops.

TKDB
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Your argument is hearsay.

Still no evidence, just your truth philosophy opinion.
    @Plaffelvohfen

Are you a medical weed advocate?

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/marijuana-use-and-its-effects

"THC’s effects can vary depending on who you are, the potency of the strain, whether you smoke it or eat it, and other things. It can:

• Give you a relaxed sense of well-being
    • Heighten your senses, like make colors seem brighter
    • Change your sense of time
    • Make you anxious, afraid, or panicked
    • Make you hallucinate

CBD. Also called cannabidiol, this is another well-studied compound. It doesn’t make you high. Instead, it can counteract the effects from THC and bring you down from any paranoia or anxiety. It also has been found to have beneficial uses in treatment the side effects of chemotherapy and treating epilepsy. "

"Whether you smoke cannabis or eat it, remember that it can:

• Heighten alcohol’s effects on your body
    • Interact with medications. For example, it can raise the dangers of bleeding with blood thinners or make some antiviral drugs not work as well.
    • Hurt your concentration and motor skills. It’s dangerous to drive while you’re high."

"Benefits

People have turned to the cannabis plant as medicine for hundreds of years. Researchers have found that cannabis can help with:

• Ongoing pain (this is the most common use for medical marijuana)
    • Nausea or throwing up from chemotherapy
    • Seizures from epilepsy, Dravet syndrome or Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
    • Stiff muscles or muscle spasms from multiple sclerosis. The evidence is stronger for self-reported symptoms by people with MS than for improvements measured by experts."

"Evidence is limited that marijuana might help with:

"Harms

Researchers don’t fully understand all the ways cannabis can affect your mind and body. That’s especially true when it comes to children and young adults and their brains.

Mind. Some evidence suggests that marijuana hurts your learning, memory, and attention for 24 hours after use. Evidence is less strong that your mental skills will get worse with long-term marijuana use. Limited evidence shows that marijuana hurts how you do in school or on the job."

"Cancer. No link has been found between smoking marijuana and cancers in the lung, head, or the neck. Limited evidence suggests that heavy marijuana use may lead to one type of testicular cancer. Researchers don’t have enough information whether cannabis affects other cancers, including prostate, cervical, and bladder cancers and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Lungs. Regular marijuana use can give you constant coughs and phlegm. They may go away when you stop smoking. It’s unclear if marijuana can lead to asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder. Cannabis actually helps open the airways at first. But evidence shows that regular marijuana use will make your lungs not work as well."

Mental health. People with schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders may be more likely to use marijuana heavily, about twice a month. Researchers have also found links between cannabis use and bipolar disorder, major depression, and childhood anxiety. What’s hard to untangle is if marijuana use leads to mental illness, or if it’s the other way around."

"Babies and children. Infants born to women who smoke marijuana while pregnant are more likely to be underweight, be born too early, and need neonatal intensive care. But researchers don’t have enough information to say much about how the babies do later in life.

Secondhand smoke. You probably won’t get high by breathing in someone else’s marijuana smoke. Very little THC is released in the air when they breathe out. Chances are very small that secondhand cannabis smoke will cause you to fail a drug test."

@Plaffelvohfen

Are you maybe suggesting that a worker high on weed, is the better employee, verses a sober employee?

A brain surgeon, high on weed, isn't a malpractice lawsuit, waiting to happen, or is being a responsible doctor, with any patients life, while they are high on weed? 

A nurse high on weed, and is responsible for a patient's life, and well being, is being a responsible nurse, while high on weed? 

Shouldn't a hospital, have all of their patients sign a waiver form, because some of their employees could be high on weed, or some other type of illegal drugs?

Maybe an employees illegal drug use, is more important to the employee, than the various jobs that they do regardless of whos life, that a weed user, might affect, at their places of work?

"47. It Can Help You Get Through the Work Day

A lot of people use cannabis to enhance productivity. Too much though could have the opposite effect.

No matter what kind of job you have, cannabis can probably give you a boost in some way – be it mentally or physically. Even consuming after work can be a help. If you do decide to experiment with cannabis at work, be careful not to let things get out of hand. Be mindful of what works and what doesn’t.

And if you’re operating machinery, or driving? Abstain. Better to get high AFTER work."

Plaffelvohfen
    @TKDB
    Are you maybe suggesting that a worker high on weed, is the better employee, verses a sober employee?
    A brain surgeon, high on weed, isn't a malpractice lawsuit, waiting to happen, or is being a responsible doctor, with any patients life, while they are high on weed? 
    A nurse high on weed, and is responsible for a patient's life, and well being, is being a responsible nurse, while high on weed? 
    Of course I am... And I also worship Satan and eat baby tartare on the sabbath... 

But at least I'm not pro-fascism and anti-freedom like you.....

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited May 2019
    @Plaffelvohfen

Thanks for your apparent anti family, and anti law, and anti medical answers?

"Of course I am..."

@Plaffelvohfen

I'm pro kid, children, pro family, pro law abiding, pro Bill of Rights, and pro sober nurse, and pro sober doctor.

I believe that all the babies born in any hospital, should be able to be delivered by medical professionals who aren't high on weed or any other illegal drugs.

Do you maybe, view the above as anti freedom, or pro freedom, based on your pro weed mindset? 

I believe that any parents child, or children, should be able to interact with other people's children, and not have one of their kids, introduce weed, or any other illegal drugs, to another families kids? 

Do you maybe, view the above as anti freedom, or pro freedom, based con your pro weed mindset? 

"But at least I'm not pro-fascism and anti-freedom like you....."
    @TKDB
    based on your pro weed mindset

Make up your mind... Am I pro-illegal weed or just pro-weed? What's happening to you??

@Plaffelvohfen

"Make up your mind... Am I pro-illegal weed or just pro-weed? What's happening to you??"

Did you have any responses for the below arguments?

Thanks for your apparent anti family, and anti law, and anti medical answers?

"Of course I am..."

@Plaffelvohfen 

I'm pro kid, children, pro family, pro law abiding, pro Bill of Rights, and pro sober nurse, and pro sober doctor.

I believe that all the babies born in any hospital, should be able to be delivered by medical professionals who aren't high on weed or any other illegal drugs.

Do you maybe, view the above as anti freedom, or pro freedom, based on your mindset? 

I believe that any parents child, or children, should be able to interact with other people's children, and not have one of their kids, introduce weed, or any other illegal drugs, to another families kids?  

Do you maybe, view the above as anti freedom, or pro freedom, based on your mindset? 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

Okay, let us look at it this way.

1. People under the influence of marijuana may hurt other people, hence marijuana should be banned.
    2. People under the influence of religion may hurt other people, hence religion should be banned.

Why do you agree with the former, but not with the latter? What is the principal difference between these two arguments?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

Same response to your using Religion, as an argument:

Plaffelvohfen
  • @TKDB ;

Your argument is hearsay. Still no evidence, just your truth philosophy opinion.

Which point is hearsay?

1, The Drug War is an unspecified Civil War.

2. Marijuana is part of several religions.

3 The use of incense is a common item in several forms of religious practice.

3. A united state in all religion is public share belief.

4. The truth that marijuana has been place by legislative authority in the medical area of narcotic, then also placing it's distribution of marijuana under the authority of licensed medical prescription.

Which one is not truth, or are all of them a lie, they are not a part of truth you fail to say, describe, or bring forward in your expression of whole truth? Are you even trying to making an expression of whole truth? Or are you constructing truth to present observable justice as a finish line of some kind to a War?

Your argument is hearsay.

1.       My argument is addressing a Civil War.

2.       The Drug War is a United State Civil War.

3.       The written law of the United States of America does not have restriction on classification of Type Civil Wars it sponsors that may transpire in the public. It makes declarations of War.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9252490 ;

I am not defending religion and religious liberties. I am addressing United States Constitutional preservation. Citizens of the United States of America are smoking Marijuana, you have brought this evidence to share in debate. Marijuana is a weapon of harm, you brought this evidence to this debate. Please, do not call my clarification of your evidence hearsay. It undermines the very meaning of our debate insulting your intelligence and the intelligence of any reader.   

Do I have any evidence to establish the Drug War is a United States Civil War? Is the time to post a link to establish this as truth, or not? Do you need me to post links of principles that set a War as a Civil War? 

Can rating marijuana as a narcotic be proven to be a form of drug abuse is the question addressed in the civil side of my debate.
    @John_C_87

"4. The truth that marijuana has been place by legislative authority in the medical area of narcotic, then also placing it's distribution of marijuana under the authority of licensed medical prescription."

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/marijuana-use-and-its-effects

The below is from WebMD:

"THC’s effects can vary depending on who you are, the potency of the strain, whether you smoke it or eat it, and other things. It can:

• Give you a relaxed sense of well-being
    • Heighten your senses, like make colors seem brighter
    • Change your sense of time
    • Make you anxious, afraid, or panicked
    • Make you hallucinate

CBD. Also called cannabidiol, this is another well-studied compound. It doesn’t make you high. Instead, it can counteract the effects from THC and bring you down from any paranoia or anxiety. It also has been found to have beneficial uses in treatment the side effects of chemotherapy and treating epilepsy. "

"Whether you smoke cannabis or eat it, remember that it can:

• Heighten alcohol’s effects on your body
    • Interact with medications. For example, it can raise the dangers of bleeding with blood thinners or make some antiviral drugs not work as well.
    • Hurt your concentration and motor skills. It’s dangerous to drive while you’re high."

"Benefits

People have turned to the cannabis plant as medicine for hundreds of years. Researchers have found that cannabis can help with:

• Ongoing pain (this is the most common use for medical marijuana)
    • Nausea or throwing up from chemotherapy
    • Seizures from epilepsy, Dravet syndrome or Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
    • Stiff muscles or muscle spasms from multiple sclerosis. The evidence is stronger for self-reported symptoms by people with MS than for improvements measured by experts."

"Evidence is limited that marijuana might help with:

"Harms

Researchers don’t fully understand all the ways cannabis can affect your mind and body. That’s especially true when it comes to children and young adults and their brains.

Mind. Some evidence suggests that marijuana hurts your learning, memory, and attention for 24 hours after use. Evidence is less strong that your mental skills will get worse with long-term marijuana use. Limited evidence shows that marijuana hurts how you do in school or on the job."

"Cancer. No link has been found between smoking marijuana and cancers in the lung, head, or the neck. Limited evidence suggests that heavy marijuana use may lead to one type of testicular cancer. Researchers don’t have enough information whether cannabis affects other cancers, including prostate, cervical, and bladder cancers and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Lungs. Regular marijuana use can give you constant coughs and phlegm. They may go away when you stop smoking. It’s unclear if marijuana can lead to asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder. Cannabis actually helps open the airways at first. But evidence shows that regular marijuana use will make your lungs not work as well."

Mental health. People with schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders may be more likely to use marijuana heavily, about twice a month. Researchers have also found links between cannabis use and bipolar disorder, major depression, and childhood anxiety. What’s hard to untangle is if marijuana use leads to mental illness, or if it’s the other way around."

"Babies and children. Infants born to women who smoke marijuana while pregnant are more likely to be underweight, be born too early, and need neonatal intensive care. But researchers don’t have enough information to say much about how the babies do later in life.

Secondhand smoke. You probably won’t get high by breathing in someone else’s marijuana smoke. Very little THC is released in the air when they breathe out. Chances are very small that secondhand cannabis smoke will cause you to fail a drug test."

Plaffelvohfen
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Your NPR templates story link lead to the below:

Page Not Found

We can't seem to find the page you were looking for.

Where is your factual evidence to support your below claim?

"1, The Drug War is an unspecified Civil War."

Prove your claim, what church, in which town, and in which state?

The Catholic church's?

The Baptist church's?

The Protestant church's?

The non Denominational church's?

"2. Marijuana is part of several religion's.

What does marijuana have to do with incense? 

Where is your factual evidence to support your claim? 

"3 The use of incense is a common item in several forms of religious practice."

Where's your factual evidence to support your claim? 

"3. A united state in all religion is public share belief."

Plaffelvohfen
    @John_C_87

Again, where is your legitimate, and factual evidence to support your below claims?

Individually driven, and or a mindfully self contrived opinion, isn't enough.

If any of the Nationwide news media outlets, have no existing news coverage, to retroactively support your claims, then you would appear to be pushing your hearsay as a non supported opinion?

(Your argument is hearsay.)

"1.       My argument is addressing a Civil War.

2.       The Drug War is a United State Civil War.

3.       The written law of the United States of America does not have restriction on classification of Type Civil Wars it sponsors that may transpire in the public. It makes declarations of War."

Plaffelvohfen
  • By asking where legitimate, and factual, evidence to support and claim of the description of possible type War, the Drug War rests in as classification, is this say you do not know, or you or I are limited to dependency on News media for intelligence in describing a Wars classification?

Have do you look into, observe a complete understanding of classification of Wars be it civil or criminal?

This is part of a civil address as state of the union made to you TKDB. Declaration of Drug War was linked as to be declared. In general, or as fact. What you are saying, what you are making a claim of in truth, is it simply unprecedented by media? This address has a relationship to the state of the union made by War not me.

There are two parts to this debate one legal argument made by you in the form of law enforcement. Second civil argument as a declaration of War is to be addressed by Presidential representation before a United state in Constitution. Basic Principle and legal precedent taking place in a venue of media information networks.

The question is either addressing a state of the union of War or not, and an answer is required, or an abuse of unprecedented occurrence is being used to shape an outcome of this debate. You are not in fact debating me you are trying to change the nature of our debate to your opinion and not whole truth.

Again you claim Marijuana by law has a united state held as illegal.

Again it is you that stated that marijuana is set by legislation as narcotic.

For starters this means marijuana at the minimum is/had been made a legal prescription medication for doctors to write and distribute. The opinion might be this is a malpractice when asking the vote to correct this mistake made by vote in regard to writings taking place in governing. Governing can place effort in removal of the rating making marijuana a narcotic. Like marijuana use by people for rope, or cloth directly is not against the law neither is prescribed marijuana..

• The way this debate is shaping up we are going to be debating the EPA fine that should be issued and paid by those who smoke cigarettes and marijuana in public should be.

@John_C_87

Is maybe, some of the reality of your truth philosophy, maybe based on some of the information found below?

https://www.aclu.org/issues/smart-justice/sentencing-reform/war-marijuana-black-and-white

"THE WAR ON MARIJUANA IN BLACK AND WHITE

Billions of Dollars Wasted on Racially Biased Arrests"

"It's time to end the War on Marijuana.

The aggressive enforcement of marijuana possession laws needlessly ensnares hundreds of thousands of people into the criminal justice system and wastes billions of taxpayers’ dollars. What’s more, it is carried out with staggering racial bias. Despite being a priority for police departments nationwide, the War on Marijuana has failed to reduce marijuana use and availability and diverted resources that could be better invested in our communities.

Watch, read and share original analysis of arrest data and moving personal stories. Together we can push for smart and fair reform."

"Lives Derailed

All wars are expensive, and the War on Marijuana has been no different. Not only have states blown billions that could have been otherwise invested, but the personal cost to those arrested is often significant and can linger for years. When people are arrested for possessing even tiny amounts of marijuana, it can have dire collateral consequences that affect their eligibility for public housing and student financial aid, employment opportunities, child custody determinations, and immigration status."

"Marijuana Arrests by the Numbers

According to the ACLU’s original analysis, marijuana arrests now account for over half of all drug arrests in the United States. Of the 8.2 million marijuana arrests between 2001 and 2010, 88% were for simply having marijuana. Nationwide, the arrest data revealed one consistent trend: significant racial bias. Despite roughly equal usage rates, Blacks are 3.73 times more likely than whites to be arrested for marijuana."

"Uncover the Facts

Police routinely arrest millions of people just for having marijuana every year. Billions of taxpayer dollars fund these arrests, which disproportionately target Black people."

"The War on Marijuana is a Failure

Over-Policing

Between 2001 and 2010, there were over 8 million pot arrests in the U.S. That’s one bust every 37 seconds and hundreds of thousands ensnared in the criminal justice system.

Wasted Time and Money

Enforcing marijuana laws costs us about $3.6 billion a year, yet the War on Marijuana has failed to diminish the use or availability of marijuana.

Staggering Racial Bias

Marijuana use is roughly equal among Blacks and whites, yet Blacks are 3.73 times as likely to be arrested for marijuana possession."

"Smart Justice, Fair Justice

We're not stuck with an unproductive and wasteful criminal justice system. Check out the ACLU's Smart Justice Fair Justice campaign for more on our solutions to mass incarceration, including Ending the War on Drugs."

@John_C_879

So it's the laws fault in making weed illegal, and because of that, that maybe, got some of the African Americans in the United States for decades now, for their self created illegal drug user issues, and legal troubles?

The law kept those African Americans, who illegally used weed for years, from being at their homes, with their families?

The law kept those African Americans from being able to work, and make a living for themselves, because their illegal drug use, got them arrested for drug use, and possession of weed, and maybe even in the selling of the weed from one individual to another? 

So none of those drug users, didn't maybe, in a sense, wage a war of their own, against their own freedom of choice, a war against their own families, and against their own employment opportunities, by illegally using marijuana, in the states, where it was illegal to do so, before the legalization of medical marijuana, and recreational marijuana took place?

Their own self created legal troubles, over their illegal drug use, had nothing to do with why they created their own arrest records, created by their own illegal actions?

Here's some information for you:

https://www-newsweek-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.newsweek.com/people-these-jobs-are-most-likely-use-marijuana-least-colorado-885625?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.newsweek.com/people-these-jobs-are-most-likely-use-marijuana-least-colorado-885625

"Of all the demographics ranked, the population most likely to use weed are young white men. 

Young people, 18- to 25-year-olds, use weed the most (29.6 percent). 

Between the sexes, men (17.2 percent) are more likely than women (11.3 percent), 

and non-Hispanic whites (15.3 percent) represent the ethnicity most likely to have recently smoked. 

That's followed by Hispanic, black (non-Hispanic), multiracial (non-Hispanic), and at the bottom is "other" (non-Hispanic."

"Here is the list of occupations, along with the prevalence of eligible employed adults who claimed to pot or hashish within the last 30 days before this questionnaire:

1. Food Preparation and Services, 32.2 percent

2. Production, 20.8 percent

3. Life, Physical and Social Science, 20.6 percent

1. Sales and Related , 19.4 percent

2. Installation, Maintenance and Repair,19.2 percent

3. Personal Care and Service, 16.8 percent

1. Farming, Fishing and Forestry, 16.5 percent

2. Construction and Extraction, 16.5 percent

3. Buildings and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance, 16.0 percent

1. Legal, 15.9 percent

2. Health Care Support, 15.8 percent

3. Management, 15.2 percent

Look at the weed use, while the above are apparently at work? 

Legal, Health Care Support, Food Preparation and Services?

So are there, maybe, some attorneys, or lawyers, who might be lighting up a joint while at work?

Might there, as well, maybe, be a nurse somewhere, or a brain surgeon, who's providing a patient with medical care, in a hospital, while someone's family member has entrusted that probable nurse, or brain surgeon, with their life, to make them better, through the medical care, that they are getting from either one of those medical professionals, while there maybe THC, in their bloodstreams at the same time? 

Would that likelihood, maybe be fair to that patients health, would that likelihood, be fair, to that patients family? 

Maybe those above probabilities, or likelihoods, were maybe avoided, to help keep the various pro legalization of weed campaigns, with as much positive publicity as possible? 

Because the taxation and revenue on medical, and recreational marijuana, were maybe the more preferred choices, of pro legalization of marijuana, conversation fodder? 

"By asking where legitimate, and factual, evidence to support and claim of the description of possible type War, the Drug War rests in as classification, is this say you do not know, or you or I are limited to dependency on News media for intelligence in describing a Wars classification?

Have do you look into, observe a complete understanding of classification of Wars be it civil or criminal?"

John_C_87 said:

The way this debate is shaping up we are going to be debating the EPA fine that should be issued and paid by those who smoke cigarettes and marijuana in public should be.

This is not a debate... It's hasn't been one from the start... Just someone who deflects, dodges and evades arguments and all-around bad-faith trolling... At this point I'm playing that game too... 

So...  :trollface:   :trollface:    :trollface:  

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

So it's the laws fault in making weed illegal, and because of that, that maybe, got some of the African Americans in the United States for decades now, for their self created illegal drug user issues, and legal troubles?

The law kept those African Americans, who illegally used weed for years, from being at their homes, with their families?

The law kept those African Americans from being able to work, and make a living for themselves, because their illegal drug use, got them arrested for drug use, and possession of weed, and maybe even in the selling of the weed from one individual to another? 

So none of those drug users, didn't maybe, in a sense, wage a war of their own, against their own freedom of choice, a war against their own families, and against their own employment opportunities, by illegally using marijuana, in the states, where it was illegal to do so, before the legalization of medical marijuana, and recreational marijuana took place?

Their own self created legal troubles, over their illegal drug use, had nothing to do with why they created their own arrest records, created by their own illegal actions?

https://www-newsweek-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.newsweek.com/people-these-jobs-are-most-likely-use-marijuana-least-colorado-885625?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&amp=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.newsweek.com/people-these-jobs-are-most-likely-use-marijuana-least-colorado-885625

"Of all the demographics ranked, the population most likely to use weed are young white men. 

Between the sexes, men (17.2 percent) are more likely than women (11.3 percent), 

and non-Hispanic whites (15.3 percent) represent the ethnicity most likely to have recently smoked. 

That's followed by Hispanic, black (non-Hispanic), multiracial (non-Hispanic), and at the bottom is "other" (non-Hispanic."

"Here is the list of occupations, along with the prevalence of eligible employed adults who claimed to pot or hashish within the last 30 days before this questionnaire:

1. Legal, 15.9 percent

So are there, maybe, some attorneys, or lawyers, who might be lighting up a joint while at work?

Might there, as well, maybe, be a nurse somewhere, or a brain surgeon, who's providing a patient with medical care, in a hospital, while someone's family member has entrusted that probable nurse, or brain surgeon, with their life, to make them better, through the medical care, that they are getting from either one of those medical professionals, while there maybe THC, in their bloodstreams at the same time? 

Would that likelihood, maybe be fair to that patients health, would that likelihood, be fair, to that patients family? 

Maybe those above probabilities, or likelihoods, were maybe avoided, to help keep the various pro legalization of weed campaigns, with as much positive publicity as possible? 

Because the taxation and revenue on medical, and recreational marijuana, were maybe the more preferred choices, of pro legalization of marijuana, conversation fodder?  
    Plaffelvohfen
  •   @TKDB ;
    Is maybe, some of the reality of your truth philosophy, maybe based on some of the information found below? 

No, sorry no basis at all. Although it is a creation of united state for constitutional purpose as the Drug War is a true Civil War. When constitutional repreparation is presented by a President correctly a state of that union can identify the basic idea of reason behand a battle, battle field, or any P.O.W who has been taken captive from a United States Civil War battle field, maybe better called Civil War  battler city in some circumstance. The point here is Governing States that are united in a cause are left holding a cost to P.O.W's and it builds a resentment as they are not given direction by expressed states of union to choose between as a direction to take its residence.  

Quite simply you should not formulate a complex intellectual principle and expect it to remain a united state as law when it does not hold a true united state. If not understood clearly the law cannot be followed safely. If a law is illegal itself It may not be followed by those who are smart enough to contest the complex principles in question. https://www.dea.gov/drug-scheduling There are multiple states of the Union to be made on the Civil Drug War. Is it possible that setting a states of the union address into classifications of united state is something you are not good at TKDB? What you are saying is I am telling a lie. You will not believe any truth told to you until a common defense is presented with the truth. Our complex stale mate is whole truth can be dangerous. @TKDB
  • @Plaffelvohfen ;

I am applying for my mosquito hunting license this year. I am going to tag and release mostly but I thing I might have one stuffed and mounted as a trophy this year. It must have the right size proboscis to be mounted on a wall or it just looks dumb. The mosquito pelt boots are not selling as well as they use to like most fads people lost interest. The next big thing is the deadly kissing bug boots, I don’t have enough for that permit this year though.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

"There are multiple states of the Union to be made on the Civil Drug War. Is it possible that setting a states of the union address into classifications of united state is something you are not good at TKDB? What you are saying is I am telling a lie. You will not believe any truth told to you until a common defense is presented with the truth. Our complex stale mate is whole truth can be dangerous."

You're rambling, and you've no argument.

Here's my evidence, to my argument:

1. Legal, 15.9 percent

Can you counter it?

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

Do you have a counter argument, or just more pictures?
  • A picture can tell a thousand words. Some of them very profane.

There is grievance not argument, for one, you talk of evidence not truth, or whole truth. I’m not arguing the idea people smoke marijuana. The grievance is over the whole truth of marijuana being a narcotic and how it would rest there in a Constitutional agency.

A second grievance of marijuana is how it is explained to holding a united state as illegal when it does not.

The DEA would need to at minimum to re-describe THC as a narcotic not marijuana. One out of one-hundred and thirteen cannabinoids identified in cannabis.

A third grievance is idea of Medical Marijuana as breaking a law when it is dispensed by the very people who are licensed to do so. Distribute narcotics.

https://www.cannabinoidclinical.com/cannabinoid-evaluation-and-fda-approval

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isomer

Can you counter it?

Yes, I can. We would be addressing directly the understanding of a Drug Civil War as untied state. The admission here is to clarify that those held in detention are P.O. W’s not necessarily just a criminal held for breaking the law of/in Constitutional background. There is a pending ordeal of separation on a constitutional level that will be required to take place. Very possible as a military tribunal.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Here's my evidence, to my argument:

1. Legal, 15.9 percent

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Is your Civil War talk, based on the below opinions?

https://www.aclu.org/issues/smart-justice/sentencing-reform/war-marijuana-black-and-white

"THE WAR ON MARIJUANA IN BLACK AND WHITE

Billions of Dollars Wasted on Racially Biased Arrests"

"It's time to end the War on Marijuana.

The aggressive enforcement of marijuana possession laws needlessly ensnares hundreds of thousands of people into the criminal justice system and wastes billions of taxpayers’ dollars. What’s more, it is carried out with staggering racial bias. Despite being a priority for police departments nationwide, the War on Marijuana has failed to reduce marijuana use and availability and diverted resources that could be better invested in our communities.

Watch, read and share original analysis of arrest data and moving personal stories. Together we can push for smart and fair reform."

"Lives Derailed

All wars are expensive, and the War on Marijuana has been no different. Not only have states blown billions that could have been otherwise invested, but the personal cost to those arrested is often significant and can linger for years. When people are arrested for possessing even tiny amounts of marijuana, it can have dire collateral consequences that affect their eligibility for public housing and student financial aid, employment opportunities, child custody determinations, and immigration status."

"Marijuana Arrests by the Numbers

According to the ACLU’s original analysis, marijuana arrests now account for over half of all drug arrests in the United States. Of the 8.2 million marijuana arrests between 2001 and 2010, 88% were for simply having marijuana. Nationwide, the arrest data revealed one consistent trend: significant racial bias. Despite roughly equal usage rates, Blacks are 3.73 times more likely than whites to be arrested for marijuana."

"Uncover the Facts

Police routinely arrest millions of people just for having marijuana every year. Billions of taxpayer dollars fund these arrests, which disproportionately target Black people."

"The War on Marijuana is a Failure

Over-Policing

Between 2001 and 2010, there were over 8 million pot arrests in the U.S. That’s one bust every 37 seconds and hundreds of thousands ensnared in the criminal justice system.

Wasted Time And Money

Enforcing marijuana laws costs us about $3.6 billion a year, yet the War on Marijuana has failed to diminish the use or availability of marijuana.

Staggering Racial Bias

Marijuana use is roughly equal among Blacks and whites, yet Blacks are 3.73 times as likely to be arrested for marijuana possession."

"Smart Justice, Fair Justice

We're not stuck with an unproductive and wasteful criminal justice system. Check out the ACLU's Smart Justice Fair Justice campaign for more on our solutions to mass incarceration, including Ending the War on Drugs."

• Is it evidence, its a truth you are presenting to me. My oath is allegiance to the republic with liberty and justice for all. A second oath that can be taken is to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but truth. Maybe those above probabilities, or likelihoods, were maybe avoided, to help keep the various pro legalization of weed campaigns, with as much positive publicity as possible. So as of right now you are presenting enough evidence to place smoking marijuana in public as a minor air pollution violation. Payable in local court with a fine of course the idea in basic principle the larger the emission of pollutant the lager the fine or again incarceration.   

Job safety and performance has principles of negligence already...…..
  • Before I go, I would like to remind you of something TKDB. the United State between Executive office and House of representatives is to uphold a Constitutional War. It is possible the ending of a War might and can be out of their hands completely. This becomes a burden also shared in Civil Wars.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

Below is the real life reality, when it comes to the illegal and legalized recreational drug use:

So, it's the laws fault in making weed illegal, and because of that, that maybe, got some of the African Americans in the United States for decades now, for their self created illegal drug user issues, and legal troubles?

Is the above right, or wrong John?

1. Legal, 15.9 percent

@John_C_879

And this is your apparent real life reality?

"Is it evidence, its a truth you are presenting to me. My oath is allegiance to the republic with liberty and justice for all. A second oath that can be taken is to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but truth. Maybe those above probabilities, or likelihoods, were maybe avoided, to help keep the various pro legalization of weed campaigns, with as much positive publicity as possible. So as of right now you are presenting enough evidence to place smoking marijuana in public as a minor air pollution violation. Payable in local court with a fine of course the idea in basic principle the larger the emission of pollutant the lager the fine or again incarceration.   

Job safety and performance has principles of negligence already...….."

"Before I go, I would like to remind you of something TKDB. the United State between Executive office and House of representatives is to uphold a Constitutional War. It is possible the ending of a War might and can be out of their hands completely. This becomes a burden also shared in Civil Wars."

@TKDB
    So, it's the laws fault in making weed illegal

Are you aware that laws (judicial laws) do not exist naturally right?  You are aware that nothing is intrinsically "illegal" right?  So it certainly is the legislator fault for anything labelled as illegal... 

Legislators can make anything illegal so yes they're responsible for the illegal status of cannabis... They could do so with chocolate, Pepsi, farting in public, wearing a fake mustache on Sunday, cursing while driving (that's actually an illegal activity in Rockville, Maryland). 

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen

So in your opinion:

It is, the laws fault in making weed illegal, and because of that, that maybe, got some of the African Americans in the United States for decades now, for their self created illegal drug user issues, and legal troubles?

Is the above right, or wrong Plaffelvohfen?

"Are you aware that laws (judicial laws) do not exist naturally right?  You are aware that nothing is intrinsically "illegal" right?  So it certainly is the legislator fault for anything labelled as illegal... 

Legislators can make anything illegal so yes they're responsible for the illegal status of cannabis... They could do so with chocolate, Pepsi, farting in public, wearing a fake mustache on Sunday, cursing while driving (that's actually an illegal activity in Rockville, Maryland)."
    @TKDB

Making sense is not your forte right? Are your naturally or did you caught fire at a young age and your parents had to put it out with a shovel?

You're purposefully conflating issues that should not be conflated... 

@TKDB

Your question was : So, it's the laws fault in making weed illegal?  FULL STOP

Answer is yes, no question about it...